Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2405445 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 31, 2018
Abagworo:

Zuma and Sirleaf did not get statues because they came to Owerri but rather had the statue already in place and used the opportunity of their visit to unveil their statues. Alex Ekwueme and Akufo Addo of Ghana also unveiled theirs when they visited Owerri. Even Ojukwu, Azikiwe, Obasanjo, Macaulay etc have their statue there with brief history for education.

Don't mind that guy. He has been blinded by his hate for Okorocha
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 10:05am On Jul 31, 2018
Who defends a state governor that builds statues instead of providing treated running water to citizens?

In 2010/11, people in Orlu zone had in mind that Imo state government was owing the multi-billion Naira regional surface water supply scheme to Orlu zone. The govt had done similar water projects in Okigwe and Owerri zones.

In four years, Ohakim promised to start the water project for Orlu zone.

Mostly because of the water project, on election day in 2011, Rochas Okorocha got the highest number of votes from Orlu area, swept the polls in Orlu zone.

Nine months to end of Rochas Okorocha's government, there is no pipe borne water either in Orlu or anywhere in Imo state.

Water begets life. Treated pipe borne water is the first commodity any responsible leader provides the citizens.

Worse, Rochas Okorocha is seeking for Third term as governor of Imo state.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 2:28pm On Jul 31, 2018
Abagworo:

Nkruma is there also. You will change your view when you visit with your kids or family.

ok o
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 2:29pm On Jul 31, 2018
kikake:

Who defends a state governor that builds statues instead of providing treated running water to citizens?

In 2010/11, people in Orlu zone had in mind that Imo state government was owing the multi-billion Naira regional surface water supply scheme to Orlu zone. The govt had done similar water projects in Okigwe and Owerri zones.

Mostly because of the water project, on election day in 2011, Rochas Okorocha got the highest number of votes from Orlu area, swept the polls in Orlu zone.

Nine months to end of Rochas Okorocha's government, there is no pipe borne water either in Orlu or anywhere in Imo state.

Water begets life. Treated pipe borne water is the first commodity any responsible leader provides the citizens.

lol my dad once joked that fake stone fountain in Owerri is the only running water in Imo state...and he's right.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 31, 2018
kikake:

And then what did the residents do about the lack of supply of portable water in the state? You guys only complain on social media instead of staging protests. When Okorocha had his 7th year media speech in Owerri on may 29, 2018, I was expecting Imolites to ask the governor questions that matter but what did I see? You guys wasted the entire time asking stupid questions about elections instead of questions about water supply, road infrastructure, development of Orlu and Okigwe etc. I also remember when Okorocha celebrated his 55th birthday, Imolites bought 27 big cakes to celebrate with him as if all was well with his type of government. It is very unfortunate that you guys have no other choice than to wait for the next election in 2019.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

And then what did the residents do about the lack of supply of portable water in the state? You guys only complain on social media instead of staging protests. When Okorocha had his 7th year media speech in Owerri on may 29, 2018, I was expecting Imolites to ask the governor questions that matter but what did I see? You guys wasted the entire time asking stupid questions about elections instead of questions about water supply, road infrastructure, development of Orlu and Okigwe etc. I also remember when Okorocha celebrated his 55th birthday, Imolites bought 27 big cakes to celebrate with him as if all was well with his type of government. It is very unfortunate that you guys have no other choice than to wait for the next election in 2019.
Most people complaining are not imolite. It's those that are pained that Okorocha left apga, their said Igbo party and joined apc, their assumed Hausa/Yoruba party and also those who dont want to see anything progress.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 7:56pm On Jul 31, 2018
Abagworo:
This amazing bridge gives an idea on how the Heroes bridge can be modified. It might not be hand but something more creative than the artificial cave already used.

Abagworo, your liver has no rival. So you're comparing what Okorocha is wasting our time on to what's being built in Vietnam?

[img]https://1.bp..com/-ceNXa2hzqTM/WByP6cloMZI/AAAAAAAAFFo/ssmiQU0mvBwZuTNyOBHIy5qdXNjq9BXUQCLcB/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/20161103_080846.jpg[/img]

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

Abagworo, your liver has no rival. So you're comparing what Okorocha is wasting our time on to what's being built in Vietnam?

[img]https://1.bp..com/-ceNXa2hzqTM/WByP6cloMZI/AAAAAAAAFFo/ssmiQU0mvBwZuTNyOBHIy5qdXNjq9BXUQCLcB/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/20161103_080846.jpg[/img]

Chai. This is hate speech lol
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LBanks(m): 9:10pm On Jul 31, 2018
B2mario:
Most people complaining are not imolite. It's those that are pained that Okorocha left apga, their said Igbo party and joined apc, their assumed Hausa/Yoruba party and also those who dont want to see anything progress.

Most people complaining are not Imolites ke?

Go to even Ogboko and mention Okorocha's name whether you won't be stoned

Rochas is an embarrassment to IMO State

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 9:16pm On Jul 31, 2018
LBanks:

Shut up

Because data is cheap now, every Tom, Dick and Harry types nonsense online

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LBanks(m): 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2018
SoNature:

Shut up

I maintain what I said you slowpoke.

I am from IMO state, and I have friends from Ideato, and one family friend, all members of the family are my friends, they are from Ogboko specifically

Okorocha is hated even in his hometown

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LBanks(m): 9:47pm On Jul 31, 2018
Immediately anybody criticizes Okorocha on this thread, this Okorocha paid online agents will tag you "You are not living in IMO state" or "You just hate Okorocha" or "You are not from IMO state"

I supported Okorocha in 2011 as well as many Imolites, because I felt if he could be so benevolent with philanthropy, how much more when he becomes a Governor?

But looking back now, I guess I was wrong

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 10:50am On Aug 01, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

Oga i have used this to know your level of exposure. in future this statue will serve as a monument just like the ones in europe. Dont criticise everything just because you hate the state or someone that's heading the state.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 10:56am On Aug 01, 2018
LBanks:

Most people complaining are not Imolites ke?

Rochas is an embarrassment to IMO State
Which Ogboko pls? Are you from where?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 10:58am On Aug 01, 2018
SoNature:

Shut up

I wonder oo
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 11:36am On Aug 01, 2018
LBanks:

I am from IMO state, and I have friends from Ideato, and one family friend, all members of the family are my friends, they are from Ogboko specifically

Everybody is now claiming Imo state. 80% of imolites are in love with Okorocha's work. 2019 will vindicate us.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 12:22pm On Aug 01, 2018
B2mario:
Everybody is now claiming Imo state.[b] 80% of imolites [/b]are in love with Okorocha's work. 2019 will vindicate us.

I think Rochas has a way with words; he's the best Nigerian orator from today's political class. With that gift, he can even convince a man to take poison and the man gladly will.

A lot of these online critics don't even have voters' cards. Those of them who have, cannot stand in queues for hours to vote. They'd rather vent their frustration online and vote via opinion polls.

But Okorocha will speak to the real voters on ground and they will vote for vote for Uche. Voting for Uche isn't such a big deal, you know.

Personally, I need someone that will build on what Okorocha has already done because he will leave many ongoing projects as he leaves office in May.

I just don't want PDP back in Imo State because that party in Imo is as useless as the 'p' in psychology. Just a bunch of thieves sharing money among themselves.

I just need Frank Nneji of ABC or Uche Nwosu in Douglas House

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:43pm On Aug 01, 2018
LBanks:

99% of those poisoned out of envy are from close relatives. Even Azazi was assassinated under Jonathan from same Ijaw.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:44pm On Aug 01, 2018
B2mario:
Everybody is now claiming Imo state. 80% of imolites are in love with Okorocha's work. 2019 will vindicate us.

That's the truth. I still remember their noise during build up to 2015 elections even here on Nairaland.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2018
B2mario:
Oga i have used this to know your level of exposure. in future this statue will serve as a monument just like the ones in europe. Dont criticise everything just because you hate the state or someone that's heading the state.

That guy hates Okorocha with passion but, I don't blame him because, to be honest, Okorocha is really underperforming in many sectors and he does not really have a focus. Imo and Enugu are the major Igbo states that lack vision and focus, nobody knows if they are heading to develop the agric sector or education sector or health sector or IT sector etc, both states are just confused. Ebonyi is bent on becoming the Agric giant of southern Nigeria, Anambra is boosting its Agric sector, health, eduction and entrepreneurship sectors, Abia is working towards becoming the largest exporter of textile and leather products in Africa but, Imo and Enugu states are confused.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 7:15pm On Aug 01, 2018
Abagworo:

That's the truth. I still remember their noise during build up to 2015 elections even here on Nairaland.
Yes, Rochas has done well in Imo state and every right thinking Imolite will support his future candidate for continuity.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

That guy hates Okorocha with passion but, I don't blame him because, to be honest, Okorocha is really underperforming in many sectors and he does not really have a focus. Imo and Enugu are the major Igbo states that lack vision and focus, nobody knows if they are heading to develop the agric sector or education sector or health sector or IT sector etc, both states are just confused. Ebonyi is bent on becoming the Agric giant of southern Nigeria, Anambra is boosting its Agric sector, health, eduction and entrepreneurship sectors, Abia is working towards becoming the largest exporter of textile and leather products in Africa but, Imo and Enugu states are confused.

Are u new to this thread? Rochas focuses on tourism, oga

It's funny how u don't ask questions and u just jump to conclusion

Imagine saying that Enugu of all places lacks direction
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 01, 2018
SoNature:

Are u new to this thread? Rochas focuses on tourism, oga
It's funny how u don't ask questions and u just jump to conclusion
Imagine saying that Enugu of all places lacks direction
Enugu has no direction and that's the truth
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 10:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

Enugu has no direction and that's the truth

Have u lived in Enugu before?

FYI, former Governor Sullivan Chime focused on giving Enugu urban a facelift. Today, no state capital in the east can compete with the good looks of Enugu capital.

But Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi realized that the previous administration abandoned the local communities, and it was leading to rural to urban migration. To stem the tide, Gov Ugwuanyi is taking development to the rural communities.

Enugu's direction: taking development to the remotest parts of the state as a way of helping them create jobs for themselves and keep the locals in their communities. Yes, that's Enugu's direction.

Mind you, Enugu State has had some of the best governors in east from the inception of democracy in 1999.

Now you know, Enugu has a direction and Enugu adiro azu ndi mgbu

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 11:57pm On Aug 01, 2018
SoNature:

Have u lived in Enugu before?

FYI, former Governor Sullivan Chime focused on giving Enugu urban a facelift. Today, no state capital in the east can compete with the good looks of Enugu capital.

But Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi realized that the previous administration abandoned the local communities, and it was leading to rural to urban migration. To stem the tide, Gov Ugwuanyi is taking development to the rural communities.

Enugu's direction: taking development to the remotest parts of the state as a way of helping them create jobs for themselves and keep the locals in their communities. Yes, that's Enugu's direction.

Mind you, Enugu State has had some of the best governors in east from the inception of democracy in 1999.

Now you know, Enugu has a direction and Enugu adiro azu ndi mgbu

Enugu people understood that it's wrong to have a one city state - Enugu. Hence in 2015, they agreed to diversify development and expansion of other towns in Enugu as they elected Ugwuanyi from Nsukka area for governor. Ugwuanyi has done marvellous job in expansion and modernization of Nsukka and other towns of Enugu state in three years.

Hopefully, as Okorocha fan, you don't take to insulting now.

Imo state also understood this in 2011 hence they elected Rochas Okorocha.

But no body knew then that Okorocha has ancient grudge against anything and anybody connected to Orlu.

Okorocha destroyed or stifled existing infrastructures in Orlu, but continued with expansion and modernization of Owerri out of malice for Orlu.

Okigwe and other lgas that are abandoned are collateral victims of Okorocha's malice against Orlu.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 7:54am On Aug 02, 2018
kikake:

Enugu people understood that it's wrong to have a one city state - Enugu. Hence in 2015, they agreed to diversify development and expansion of other towns in Enugu as they elected Ugwuanyi from Nsukka area for governor. Ugwuanyi has done marvellous job in expansion and modernization of Nsukka and other towns of Enugu state in three years.

Hopefully, as Okorocha fan, you don't take to insulting now.

Imo state also understood this in 2011 hence they elected Rochas Okorocha.

But no body knew then that Okorocha has ancient grudge against anything and anybody connected to Orlu.

Okorocha destroyed or stifled existing infrastructures in Orlu, but continued with expansion and modernization of Owerri out of malice for Orlu.

Okigwe and other lgas that are abandoned are collateral victims of Okorocha's malice against Orlu.
O biakwa ozo. Oga stop lying here before i ga oku mmuo. So dualisation of road from Owerri to Orlu and from Orlu to akokwa is not devt.?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamonds: 8:20am On Aug 02, 2018
B2mario, i consider your regular post on Nairaland interesting as you have displayed your desire to see Imo State prosper on several occasions but on this your rubbish post i am sorry but i have to tell you to SHUT UP. Only few selfish, greedy and morally bankrupt people in Imo State are still in support of Rochas despite his recent id1otic and shameful actions.

May the Almighty God in heaven prevent Rochas from making and/or installing his son inlaw as governor of Imo State in 2019 or whatever period. Rochas plans and actions for Uche Nwosu to be Imo State governor WILL NOT COME TO PASS. IT WILL NOT SUCCEED.[b][/b]

B2mario:

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Lapalapa: 8:40am On Aug 02, 2018
Xander85:

This was what i was expecting Rochas to expand and make viable again. Anyone remember the 'ikuola nku' initiative? Whatever happened with that?

And to think that barrel-for-barrel, palm oil is more valuable than crude oil! Just goes to show that, despite the limitations placed on Imo by Nigeria, with a vision-led and purposeful leadership, it ought to be one of the top 5 richest states in Nigeria!

We often moan about how Malaysia came and took samples of our palm nuts in the 60s, and today is making billions of dollars from the entire palm oil industry value-chain, yet all we do is go to Abuja every month, and wait bowl-in-hand for the obligatory handout! Really sad!

Is that pix recent?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Lapalapa: 8:43am On Aug 02, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

And to even imagine that it is taking the governor over 5 years to complete two flyovers is very disturbing. If Okorocha does not complete those flyovers and make them functional before the end of his tenure, I pity his future political career in Imo state.

I don't think he currently has any future political career as long as IMO is concerned
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Lapalapa: 8:48am On Aug 02, 2018
kikake:

This Okorochas's planned media hype, what can he show other than his Owerri projects - as usual?

Outside Owerri, he can only show his Stadium in Okigwe.

Let him not further irritate the people of Imo state outside Owerri capital territory with this proposed media hype.

On election day, people troop out from Owerri to their communities, see the rot or development in their communities, then decide who to support with votes -
or support through election rigging.

I'm even surprised with all that x being said here. Abi r d projects thTll be used for the media hype invisible projects?

I just don't get t

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88