Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2397643 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:50am On Feb 03, 2019
SoNature:

Nwanne, hapu onye ahu...his case is beyond redemption

I'm surprised that Imolites are rooting for PDP, the same party that held the state in bondage for 12 years.

Funnily enough, they call Rochas a thief...Well, they should wait until Imo PDP comes into power...then they will know who the real thieves are.

PDP has worked in Enugu and elsewhere, but certainly not in Imo State

Yeah, u r correct about Enugu. I schooled in Enugu and I know the kinda progress that has come to that state over the years, I'm suspecting its because of continuity in government there.

Also, in the area of roads, the governors have been able to open inner roads in various local governments that make movement to and from the capital easy. Well tarred roads mostly done by Arab contractors. I think that's where Rochas didn't do so well also, as all his inner roads are in the capital alone.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 10:39am On Feb 03, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

I completely get your point Sir, but check out his argument. He is saying Orlu SHOULDN'T even look up to the SG for development AT ALL. It should develop itself from its IGR.

So, in essence, the problem isn't an Imo problem, but a GENERAL Nigerian problem of state governments relegating LGs to the background n taking their funds.

Thank you. It's really not complicated like rocket science.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:28am On Feb 03, 2019
Okorocha inspects new Orlu Stadium nearing completion

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:29am On Feb 03, 2019
RD Farmers Market Owerri

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:33am On Feb 03, 2019
Shots taken around Imo Chapel

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 11:34am On Feb 03, 2019
Ganduri:

Bros stop playing primitive native sense here, its only a naive fool thats decieved by grammer. How many laws, policies or system changed before Owerri became this developed? All this your noise is just for the gullible. Fact is Owerri has gotten morethan its share of Infrastructure. Not because its generating morethan other zones, it its about generation of revenue, Oguta should be a small london by now cos it has contributed morethan any zone via oil royaltie
Unless Owerri zone start singing the equity in infrastrutural developmen for all, whatever agreement to get it to govern shall fail. I have never been one to support the grip of Orlu , but my last trip really made it clear on why they feel they feel cheated. Just go to neighbouring states and observe how sincere attempt is made to get developments spread across every zone. I wont be among those asking for the return of power to Owerri anytime soon. Until you guys stop this character.

You obviously don't know the meaning of primitive sense because the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, Netherlands and practically all DEVELOPED COUNTRIES of the world are practicing what you call primitive sense.
Based on your responses to my comments, you are the one with village sense syndrome. A village sense syndrome is when somebody have never strayed from his familiar surroundings which compels him to think that the world only revolves in what is obtainable in his limited environment. So, I really don't blame you because some of you guys really don't know any better.

I only blame you because, I took you to the stream, and you want me to force you to drink. There are certain points that are prevalent in all my comments on this issue, but your myopic mind and jaundiced vision have obstructed you from noticing it.

Firstly, the governor of imo state have absolutely no resources to develop the nooks and crannies of the entire state including it's three major cities. If that was the case, the entire nigeria and all it's cities will look like paradise. But we all know that all nigerian cities look like shiitholes.
Secondly, it's a fact that the neglect of orlu and okigwe did not start with okorocha.
Thirdly, the only reason people are complaining about orlu and okigwe not developed is because owerri is being developed. If owerri wasn't being rapidly developed, you will never have been crying about orlu. Warri might be crying about lack of development, but not crying about too much development in asaba. Same for aba against umuahia, nnewi against awka, or onitsha against nnewi and vice versa for all.
Thirdly, the governor have chosen to concentrate the little resources he has in owerri for undisclosed reasons, and I've repeatedly advised those whinning about it to take okorocha to court or better still, vote against him and his son in law.
Fourthly and finally, like I have said a lot of times, you have to empower nigerian cities to develop themselves because that's the best practice in developed countries of the world, that have all the great cities of the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:36am On Feb 03, 2019
More

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ogenyi1: 12:05pm On Feb 03, 2019
In case you lots don't have anything to discuss other than discussing states that are ahead your Imo state, then you guys should be discussing the debt burden on Imo state. You lots should be worried and concerned over this debt and start checking if projects on ground is commensurate with the massive debt with nothing anywhere on ground to show for it

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ogenyi1: 12:09pm On Feb 03, 2019
Just shut up, you guys are always here enviously talking down on states ahead of Imo state. It is you and your father that's jobless if not you won't be busy taking note of posts.

If what i am doing pains you, then hit your head on a concrete. Useless people

[s]
SoNature:

You must be jobless for coming here all the time to monitor who mentioned Anambra State and who didn't Anyway, we will keep mentioning Anambra State because it's our neighboring state
O na ewe gi, jee kuo isi gi na ana!
we have another lunatic on the loose
Kindly get rid of these dirty pictures
[/s]
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2019
ogenyi1:
Just shut up, you guys are always here enviously talking down on states ahead of Imo state. It is you and your father that's jobless if not you won't be busy taking note of posts.

If what i am doing pains you, then hit your head on a concrete. Useless people

[s][/s]

Chino you have more pressing issues to discuss than meddling.

https://www.nairaland.com/4999844/15-year-old-chinwe-married-older-man
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ogenyi1: 12:37pm On Feb 03, 2019
Useless old man. I will give you two things to discuss instead of you guys constantly talking about states that are far ahead of imo state.

Insecurity and debt burden in Imo state

https://www.nairaland.com/4165923/breaking-news-three-young-men

[s]
Abagworo:

Chino you have more pressing issues to discuss than meddling.https://www.nairaland.com/4999844/15-year-old-chinwe-married-older-man
[/s]

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:38pm On Feb 03, 2019
Night view

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ogenyi1: 12:44pm On Feb 03, 2019
Lol.. They will post the same portion of the same shabby road 100 times from different sides. Okoroawusa obviously failed woefully as a governor despite the humongous debt burden which is the highest ever in the SE. In all these debts he accumulated over the years, there's no reasonable project done by Okorocha in his 8 wasted years. cheesy

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ideynl1: 12:50pm On Feb 03, 2019
You guys should ignore the lunatic called Chino. Whenever he suits him, he says Enugu is the least in SE, another time it is Imo. Just ignore the madman. He isn't Igbo but Igalaman. His aim is to cause division

If he likes let him quote me but ain't responding to a deranged person

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ogenyi1: 12:53pm On Feb 03, 2019
Ofuzo please lets have a discussion. Please how can you justify this humongous debt burden on Imo state with nothing to show for it? Discuss..

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2019
arinzeejikonye:

Chill out bro,
Don't be hesitantly judgemental,

The bone of contention is decentralizing institutions,
The first set of pictures should be the one on the boundaries between aboh and ngor kpala, while the second should be that of onuimo, as for orlu, this is a cropped out pic of owelle on inspection in that of orlu.

Watch the vid on link below, the road is getting attention, he is equally making arrangements for more blocks.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2431324820229212&id=152023514826032

Your link about Orlu project leads to no where. Check it, if you did not originally set out to be diversionary.

@SoNature.

You are from one interior village in Mbano and don't care if 99% of funds of IMSG and its 27 LGAs is used to build you a Babylon City in Owerri, while Okigwe and Orlu remain villages.

So shorrup when people who want development of their hometowns are talking.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

I completely get your point Sir, but check out his argument. He is saying Orlu SHOULDN'T even look up to the SG for development AT ALL. It should develop itself from its IGR.

So, in essence, the problem isn't an Imo problem, but a GENERAL Nigerian problem of state governments relegating LGs to the background n taking their funds.

Also, Owerri should not look up to the State govt for development at all,

the same way you said that Orlu should not look up to the State govt for development at all.
Is that what you meant that @ofuzo was saying?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by cjrane: 1:35pm On Feb 03, 2019
Abagworo:
Okorocha inspects new Orlu Stadium nearing completion

Wow, this isn't looking bad at all.

Imo state can have three professional football teams now with home bases at Orlu stadium, Owerri stadium and Okigwe stadium. Football development will be dominated by Imo state if they can put the facility to good use and make the environment conducive by planting trees and flowers to beautify it.

Hmmm, Rochas is truly doing well o!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 2:06pm On Feb 03, 2019
kikake:

@SoNature.

You are from one interior village in Mbano and don't care if 99% of funds of IMSG and its 27 LGAs is used to build you a Babylon City in Owerri, while Okigwe and Orlu remain villages.

So shorrup when people who want development of their hometowns are talking.

Cry Baby, I won't exchange words with you. The reasoning is that I consider senseless a lot of you here wailing that your local communities have been abandoned.

Again, grow up and take your complaints to the right channels. Without a shadow of doubt, this is a wrong platform. And obviously, you just constitute online nuisance like Chino because Rochas doesn't read your rants.

Finally, I don't expect you to heed my advice. But something is certain: if you wail here till thy kingdom comes, it won't change a thing!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 2:34pm On Feb 03, 2019
SoNature:

Cry Baby, I won't exchange words with you. The reasoning is that I consider senseless a lot of you here wailing that your local communities have been abandoned.

Again, grow up and take your complaints to the right channels. Without a shadow of doubt, this is a wrong platform. And obviously, you just constitute online nuisance like Chino because Rochas doesn't read your rants.

Finally, I don't expect you to heed my advice. But something is certain: if you wail here till thy kingdom comes, it won't change a thing!

Information is spread on any medium, including here.
You have no right to censorship of information on NL.
Stop your IBERIBERISM.
Prepare to vote for Third term for Okorocha to continue with building you Owerri Mega City with allocations of your Mbano LGA. This budget year, Okorocha provided billions of Naira to expand Owerri Mega City beyond Mbaise, Ngor Okpala and Obinze, as well as more billions of Naira to pay off native land owners in Mbaise, Ngor Okpala and Obinze for land acquired for expansion of his Owerri Mega City. The federal allocations to your Mbano must be used to modernize Mbaise, Ngor Okpala, etc, in Owerri zone.
People of your village remain impoverished, your village remains more or less like it was before Okorocha came to office, except perhaps a road, roundabout and market stalls

Owerri Mega City project is for Okorocha/Nwosu mega businesses in Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:31pm On Feb 03, 2019
New Orlu Stadium is named after Sam Okwaraji an Orlu native who died on the pitch while playing for Nigeria some decades ago.

Samuel Sochukwuma Okwaraji (19 May 1964 – 12 August 1989) was a professional footballer who played internationally for Nigeria. He was also a qualified lawyer who had a masters in international law from the University of Rome. He collapsed and died of congestive heart failure in the 77th minute of a World Cup qualification match against Angola at the Lagos National Stadium in Surulere, Lagos State on 12 August 1989.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Okwaraji

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 5:53pm On Feb 03, 2019
Abagworo:
New Orlu Stadium is named after Sam Okwaraji an Orlu native who died on the pitch while playing for Nigeria some decades ago.

Samuel Sochukwuma Okwaraji (19 May 1964 – 12 August 1989) was a professional footballer who played internationally for Nigeria. He was also a qualified lawyer who had a masters in international law from the University of Rome. He collapsed and died of congestive heart failure in the 77th minute of a World Cup qualification match against Angola at the Lagos National Stadium in Surulere, Lagos State on 12 August 1989.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Okwaraji

Plaudits for gov Okorocha to build the stadium at last.

But hopefully, the seats shall be covered with roofs, not with the nylon sheets I saw they were covered with last week when I was there.

Let Okorocha govt complete Old Owerri road, Orlu; no matter his differences with Best Mbanasor. Mbanasor does not own the road. Thousands of people who voted Okorocha in 2011 use the road.

Same with the road from International market pass St. Joseph Church Umuna to Imo poly campus;

and road to Morning Star Girls secondary School Orlu from Amaigbo road.

These roads his agents scrapped and abandoned since 2012 create lots of enmity against Okorocha in Orlu.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ogenyi1: 7:49pm On Feb 04, 2019
We are ready 24/7 because we have constant flow of pictures from Owerri.

Let's roll cool

SuperIgbo:
Chinonso dike aka ogenyi1, can we dance again?
I'm having breakfast, loool
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ogenyi1: 8:24pm On Feb 04, 2019
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ogenyi1: 8:36pm On Feb 04, 2019
That's the only thing i enjoy..grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Let's roll bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.