Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2404176 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 6:12am On May 28, 2019
Abia state is dead and worst state in Nigeria. Go there and confirm

Danzysb:

Abia isn't the worst state.....speaking truly its zamfara
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SpaceTour: 6:18am On May 28, 2019
Shut up your dirty Aba mouth. Umuahia is a glorified village and the worst state capital in Nigeria, Aba is a disgusting sewage pit toilet with dilapidated roads and filthy environment.

Overall, Abia state is the worst state in SE, SS, NW, NC, NE of Nigeria. Abia people like you shouldn't be talking in public because your state is dead.

Look at the condition of Aba, the most important town in Abia state. Cursed people

[s]
B2mario:
my dear, are you minding the lunatic. He has not been to Abia before but only depend on what he read or see online.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 9:15am On May 28, 2019
Okorocha: I Have Kept N42bn For Ihedioha .Swears In New Head of Service, Accountant General, Perm Secs

Posted by admin on May 28th, 2019 and filed under News.

By Onyekachi Eze

The outgoing governor of Imo State and Rescue Mission progenitor, Rochas Okorocha has declared that he has kept a whooping sum of forty two billion naira (#42,000,000,000) for his successor, Rt Hon Emeka Ihedioha.
Okorocha made this emphatic statement during the inauguration of Permanent Secretaries, Head of Service and Accountant General yesterday in Owerri.
The governor, according to the press statement signed by his CPS, Sam Onwuemeodo boasts of leaving a huge sum of #42.5bn for Chief Ihedioha, stating that he did so in order not to be any excuses in discharging government duties effectively by his successor.
Owelle Okorocha didn’t only made the public declaration without giving reasons or purpose it was meant for.
He averred that N8.1billion of the money is meant for the payment of salaries and Capital Projects, while N5.2billion is for the payment of Pension Arrears.
In furtherance, the Press statement said, “N7.6billion was meant for the renovation of schools, while N21.6billion was mapped out for rural roads, totaling N42.5billion”.
However, he revealed that the payment of pension arrears and other debts were halted following petitions from some PDP chieftains and the anti graft agencies, EFCC.
Addressing his newly appointees, Rochas Okorocha retorted, “Remember God in discharging your duties. Discharge your duties without fear or favour and also defend your State when the need arises. I gave this State my best. I will do all I can to support the incoming government. Imo State Government have kept aside a total of N4.5b for the in-coming government, and for that reason, I will set up a sub-committee to make sure that the projects they are attached to, come to fruition even when I am out of office or when I will not be available because government is a continuum”.
He continued “The breakdown of these funds are as follows: N8.1b that came into Imo State offers from both State and LG, from FAAC, that money has not been expended as not even one naira has been taken away from it and the money is in Zenith Bank and has not been touched. The second money is N5.2bn in Access Bank, the reminant of the Paris Club fund, not one naira has been removed from it”.
He further stated “The third fund is N7.6b, money that came from UBEC. Imo State has paid a total of N3.8b counterpart fund and UBEC has brought in their N3.8b. That gave us N7.6b. That money is intact and not one naira has been removed from it. The fourth fund is the RAMP fund of $60m representing N21.6b and is also in Imo State Government’s account. It is with First Bank. The money is also here in Imo State and no one naira has been touched”.
According to him “If you total N8.1b plus N5.2b, N7.6b and N21.6b, you have a total of N42.6b which I will be handing over to Emeka Ihedioha led government as from the 29th of May, 2019. How are these money meant to be expended? I want to put it succinctly clear. The N8.1b naira from FAAC usually will cover the cost of salaries and capital projects. This government is expected to spend this N8.1b naira for the payment of salaries for May and also for the payment of other Contractual obligations as may be deemed fit.”

http://www.imotrumpeta.com/?p=24721

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 7:49pm On May 28, 2019
Empire Filling Station in Owerri Opens for Business
by hornnews

May 28, 2019

By EDISON Okereke
With 700 employees in its employ working in various capacities in Empire Super Mega Filling Station located at Naze, near Owerri one of the Industrial Layouts of Imo State, the station has been described variously as the first of its kind and a revolution of sorts in petroleum marketing and distribution in the country.

Declaring it open, over the weekend, the out-going governor, Rochas Okorocha commended the foresight of the owner, chief Bennett Korie and for bringing the business back home.

“Comrade Bennett Korie, you’re an illustrious son of Imo State in whom we’re well-pleased. You’ve done well. God bless you. Thank you for coming back home,” the governor said.

Okorocha urged Imolites in the diaspora to emulate Korie’s example by coming home to invest, describing it as a ‘sacrifice’

The governor lambasted some politicians in the state whom he accused do not have addresses not to talk of investments in the state

“About 90% of politicians in Imo State have no addresses. They have nothing to establish to give any person a job in the state. So I wish all politicians in the state will be like Korie,” he said.

He urged Imolites in the diaspora to emulate the Empire oil mogul, come home and invest.

In his speech, the Managing Director/Chief Executive, chief Korie, said that a lot of the people’s problems could be solved at the Empire Energy as spare parts of all kinds would be produced there.

As he put it, “Today, we have built the biggest ever filling station – everything you can think of can be solved in this place,” adding that the station belongs to all Imolites.

The former Petroleum Taskforce chairman in the state gave a brief history of the station which he started in 2015, debunking the speculations that it belongs to the governor.

He eulogized Okorocha for his vision and good work in the state, describing him as the number one governor in the country due to his development strides in the state.

He said that it was these that encouraged him to cite the station in the state.

Korie disclosed that the Seven hundred employees were recruited from among the 11,000 applications received.

Chief Korie commended the host community, Naze, for its roles and encouragement.
After the opening, some free litres of petrol and kerosene were given to some motorists and motorcyclists.

There were entertainment and music.

Empire filling station started twenty-three years ago in Jos, Plateau State capital.

It later spread its tentacles to Lagos, Port Harcourt, Owerri, Warri and Abuja and is in various partnerships with overseas countries.

https://hornnewsnigeria.com/2019/05/28/empire-filling-station-owerri-opens-business/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 8:38pm On May 28, 2019
Keep off RAMP projects, Okorocha advises Ihedioha

May 28, 2019
in Local News, News

By AFAM Echi

As part of his concluding official assignments, the outgoing Imo governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha Monday flagged of the construction of the 380.5km roads for rural areas under the Rural Access and Mobility Project (RAMP).

The RAMP project which is a World Bank project jointly sponsored by the Imo State government and the World Bank is designed to cover 380.5km of rural roads in the state at whooping cost of 60m US dollars or 21 billion naira.

The governor stated that it is one of the Rescue Mission Project which struggle commenced about seven years ago involving him to shuttle many times between France, Abuja, Federal Ministry of Finance etc before it was realized.

Okorocha in his words, ‘’Imo is the first beneficiary of this first French supported project costing 60m dollars, the fund just arrived few weeks ago and is domiciled at the First Bank of Nigeria, Owerri branch. Project has been approved and ready for take-off.’’

He advised the incoming government to keep to the rules and avoid stories on the project. According to him, we brought the funds, designed the roads, and the life time of the project is two years.’’

Earlier, the National Co-ordinator of RAMP, Hon Olaramu Ubandoma had indicated that the event which he described as ground breaking will greatly contribute to the opening of the entire rural areas in Imo State, improve agricultural activities which will further reduce unemployment.

He thanked the Imo State governor for providing their counterpart funding without which the RAMP would not have been a reality in Imo and advised the incoming government to sustain the tempo.

Ubandoma further informed that 7 companies have mobilized their personnel and machines to Imo and sought the cooperation of the benefitting communities to provide good working environment.

He assured that the contractors will maintain high standards adding that those who indulge in sharp practices would be sanctioned.

Espousing on the benefits of the RAMP projects, the Co-ordinator stated that, ‘’RAMP comes with good tidings.

An organization called International Institute for Local Government, will be giving a soft loan to all small scale farmers living along the corridors of the RAMP project. So also would some Microfinance groups support their efforts’’

He expressed gratitude to the World Bank, Federal Ministry of Finance, National Planning Commission, members of the fourth estate of the realm, and especially the Imo governor for his doggedness and steadfastness in realizing the project.

https://hornnewsnigeria.com/2019/05/28/keep-off-ramp-projects-okorocha-advises-ihedioha/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 8:48pm On May 28, 2019
RareDiamond:
Keep off RAMP projects, Okorocha advises Ihedioha

May 28, 2019
in Local News, News

By AFAM Echi

As part of his concluding official assignments, the outgoing Imo governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha Monday flagged of the construction of the 380.5km roads for rural areas under the Rural Access and Mobility Project (RAMP).

The RAMP project which is a World Bank project jointly sponsored by the Imo State government and the World Bank is designed to cover 380.5km of rural roads in the state at whooping cost of 60m US dollars or 21 billion naira.

The governor stated that it is one of the Rescue Mission Project which struggle commenced about seven years ago involving him to shuttle many times between France, Abuja, Federal Ministry of Finance etc before it was realized.

Okorocha in his words, ‘’Imo is the first beneficiary of this first French supported project costing 60m dollars, the fund just arrived few weeks ago and is domiciled at the First Bank of Nigeria, Owerri branch. Project has been approved and ready for take-off.’’

He advised the incoming government to keep to the rules and avoid stories on the project. According to him, we brought the funds, designed the roads, and the life time of the project is two years.’’

Earlier, the National Co-ordinator of RAMP, Hon Olaramu Ubandoma had indicated that the event which he described as ground breaking will greatly contribute to the opening of the entire rural areas in Imo State, improve agricultural activities which will further reduce unemployment.

He thanked the Imo State governor for providing their counterpart funding without which the RAMP would not have been a reality in Imo and advised the incoming government to sustain the tempo.

Ubandoma further informed that 7 companies have mobilized their personnel and machines to Imo and sought the cooperation of the benefitting communities to provide good working environment.

He assured that the contractors will maintain high standards adding that those who indulge in sharp practices would be sanctioned.

Espousing on the benefits of the RAMP projects, the Co-ordinator stated that, ‘’RAMP comes with good tidings.

An organization called International Institute for Local Government, will be giving a soft loan to all small scale farmers living along the corridors of the RAMP project. So also would some Microfinance groups support their efforts’’

He expressed gratitude to the World Bank, Federal Ministry of Finance, National Planning Commission, members of the fourth estate of the realm, and especially the Imo governor for his doggedness and steadfastness in realizing the project.

https://hornnewsnigeria.com/2019/05/28/keep-off-ramp-projects-okorocha-advises-ihedioha/
Good man works even at the last second of his time. Well-done Owelle, posterity will do justice to you.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 8:51pm On May 28, 2019
Welcome back, now tell us about your dead Abia state. lol

B2mario:
Good man works even at the last second of his time. Well-done Owelle, posterity will do justice to you.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 8:53pm On May 28, 2019
GOVERNMENT OF IMO STATE
PRESS RELEASE

SUBJECT: MY TENANCY IN GOVERNMENT HOUSE IS OVER – GOVERNOR ROCHAS OKOROCHA

-SAYS HE ENJOYED THE WONDERFUL SUPPORT OF IMO PEOPLE

-AND THAT HE HAS DONE WELL AS GOVERNOR

Governor Rochas Okorocha has said that his tenancy in Imo State Government House where he has lived in the past eight years as governor has expired and also his governorship, stating that whatever has a beginning must have an end.

The governor also stated that he enjoyed the wonderful support of Imo people as their governor for eight years adding that some of the elite who had certain reservations about his administrations must have had their reasons, adding that he has done very well as the governor of the State for eight years.

The governor spoke at an event to mark his Pull-out from the Government House on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 stating that many Governors had come before him and many will come after him too.

His words “To God alone be the glory for a great day like this. The day ordained by him alone to mark the end of a journey. Today, nature has permitted that we must shut down in line with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. This would be my last speech as Governor of Imo State, speaking from the Government House of Imo State. In a few minutes from now, these doors at the back will be shut behind me, and that would mark the end of my Certificate of Occupancy of this building”.

He stated “I have often said to people that I’m but a tenant who has come on a Rescue Mission, knowing that one day, my tenancy would be over. Let me inform all of you Imolites that my tenancy is over. And under the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I cannot stay any day longer than tomorrow (Wednesday). This has gone a long way to confirm that for every journey that has a beginning, would have an end, and for every sunrise, there must be a sunset. This is what life has bestowed on all of us and I’m here to just say one thing to all of you – to say THANK YOU”.

He continued “I say thank you because many governors have been here before me and many will come after me. But I must dire say that I have gotten such an unusual support from the people of Imo that has never been recorded in history. I’m grateful, thank you once more. But, it’s important that I look back 8 years ago and my journey in Imo State. For those of you who have lived here for the past 8 years, will join me quickly in this my analysis”.

He remarked “I came to Imo State in 2011 as your Governor, being elected by you all. And I promised one thing that I will make Imo better, and I declared Imo must be better. And I said to all of you that I’m coming on a rescue mission and rescue mission connotes that I would do things not the proper way of doing things, in other words, I would do everything I can to fix things right because I saw what is called an emergency situation in infrastructural development, education and the rest of them,

“This has explained perhaps why most people do not understand my style, because they believe that I brake protocols. I never broke any protocol, I simply bend the protocols to get me on my way to fix things. Some say that I broke the law, but there’s no known law in Nigeria that I have broken. What I do is to smartly bend it, when its about to brake I simply leave it to get the job done. I have not followed the routine culture of bureaucratic bottlenecks which have kept our State and nation in bondage,

“I do things the other way and I get results in all I did. But one thing is pivotal to the governance of Imo State. And its that I came with a vision and my mission was quite clear and I came with an added passion to deliver my vision”.

“Today, I’m proud to announce to you looking 8 years down the lane that Imo is indeed better than I met it in all ramifications. I recall vividly in 2011, when darkness ravaged our City Owerri and at about 7 O’clock nobody would make a move out of the fear of being kidnapped. Today, Imo is a secured State,

“I present to you while I leave, a secured Imo State. I recall those days when children could not go to schools for lack of School fees, both in Primary, Secondary and University, and couldn’t afford to buy their books, 8 years later, we are proud to announce that education is free for the past 8 years and no child pays for school fees or worry about how to go to school. I present to you a free education State as I walk out of this Government House,

“Most of you may know that our Urban Renewal has changed the face of Owerri and our City is looking better than it has never been and Owerri is the fastest growing City in the Federal Republic of Nigeria. We are proud to say so. 8 years down, you will agree with me that we have built so many infrastructure that have not been recorded in the history of Imo State. I accept criticisms and many might criticize me, but one thing they can’t take away from me is that I came, I saw and I conquered,

“But my speech this evening is not to enumerate my achievements, but to communicate to you the Imo State that I’m about to handover and the challenges because as my brothers and Sisters, we have a great state called Imo where our people are highly industrious and willing to work. But we have one challenge, and the challenge is that our elites do not help matters whenever it comes to the issue of progress in this land.

“[b]Of course today, Power has gone back to the elites from the masses. The masses are no longer in power and you can judge when the masses are in power and when the elites are in power in a few months to come. Therefore, I would urge all of you to remain prayerful. Support any government that is called a government in power and support them to do their best. But never use me to judge any government because you might be making the biggest mistake,

“I’ve raised the bar and the bar is high, and the shoes are quite big. Again to most people who have been so disillusioned, people who felt they have no reason to forge ahead, let me announce to you that I came here with good intention, and I’m leaving here with the best of intention.
Let me announce to my political enemies, they should stop because they have no justifiable reason to fight me. Rather, if they think they can fight me, let them demonstrate it in the pace of work. But let me announce again and again, I’m a lover of peace, but as I work out of this Government House, let none fight me and I won’t fight anyone. Governorship is a shield that covers every personality that is in office, but when you remove this shield or this mask off my face, you will see the real Rochas”.[/b]

Sam Onwuemeodo
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 9:02pm On May 28, 2019
Anyone who thinks Okorocha didn't work can simply follow this thread from page 1 to the last page to see how Imo was gradually transformed.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 9:08pm On May 28, 2019
You are right Abagworo. This is how Owerri was transformed in okoroawusa wasted 8yrs. No single infrastructure is standing today in Owerri despite the massive debt of over 250b okoroawusa incurred. All the roads in Owerri are in shambles.

Ihedioha can't do much because he has to start all over again. Imo state made no single progress except brothels and commercial sex hawking. Ndi imo ndo

Imo1stson:
Anyone who thinks Okorocha didn't work can simply follow this thread from page 1 to the last page to see how Imo was gradually transformed.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 9:13pm On May 28, 2019
Okoroawusa could not complete a single solid infrastructure in Imo state in 8yrs. He kept building rubbish without planning. Using state allocation to mold statues in a state that its roads are in shambles, in a state where IMSU and IMSUTH are poultry farms. The list goes on and on.

His projects were mainly substandard projects that local government chairmen construct in other states.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 9:24pm On May 28, 2019

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 9:28pm On May 28, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 9:29pm On May 28, 2019
Because of bad roads in Owerri and poverty and hopelessness created by Okorocha, okada is now fully back in Owerri

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 9:34pm On May 28, 2019
Ndi Imo this is how okoroawusa transformed Owerri after 8 wasted years

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 9:39pm On May 28, 2019
Owerri is in shambles after okoroawusa wasted 8yrs. Imolites should not expect anything new from Ihedioha because he is starting afresh because okoroawusa wasted 8yrs for nothing

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 9:40pm On May 28, 2019
From earlier on this thread vs recent

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 9:42pm On May 28, 2019
I will be back Abagworo aka Imo1stson, okoroawusa must be exposed further lol

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Unbiased1: 10:38pm On May 28, 2019
I love the way Imo1stson ignored that fool. Keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 10:47pm On May 28, 2019
I think Rochas Okorocha will go down as one Governor that is very hard to rate.

If you move round Owerri and Imo state, you cannot but notice a lot of structures that were built by Rochas. They are so numerous to mention. he also built Imo state's first flyover bridge.

However, i think the problem with him is mostly about the quality of work done and not that he didn't do anything. For instance, that bridge at Orji is an eyesore. Whenever i pass that place, i just close my eyes because i've never seen a bridge built that way before. I also think the quality of roads in most parts of Imo state are below standard. Little wonder they get bad in a matter of months. Same with some structures erected.

But i will always praise him nonetheless for the things he has done. I'm impressed with the Wetheral and Okige roads and the beautification initiatives that he embarked upon as Governor.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ScotMisile: 5:46am On May 29, 2019
Imo1stson:
It's same for Owerri-Okigwe road and Owerri-Umuahia road which are major federal highways cutting through Imo State. Many curse Okorocha for failure of FG but nobody curses Wike for poor State of PH-Aba road and East-West road.
Imo people have real enemies...
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ScotMisile: 5:54am On May 29, 2019
Spme will soon die as a result of good things happening to IMO state
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ScotMisile: 5:55am On May 29, 2019
Afam4eva:
I think Rochas Okorocha will go down as one Governor that is very hard to rate.

If you move round Owerri and Imo state, you cannot but notice a lot of structures that were built by Rochas. They are so numerous to mention. he also built Imo state's first flyover bridge.

However, i think the problem with him is mostly about the quality of work done and not that he didn't do anything. For instance, that bridge at Orji is an eyesore. Whenever i pass that place, i just close my eyes because i've never seen a bridge built that way before. I also think the quality of roads in most parts of Imo state are below standard. Little wonder they get bad in a matter of months. Same with some structures erected.

But i will always praise him nonetheless for the things he has done. I'm impressed with the Wetheral and Okige roads and the beautification initiatives that he embarked upon as Governor.

Afam4eva, always cunning in his write-up... Una go get high blood pressure for Owerri- matter
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ScotMisile: 6:21am On May 29, 2019
HomeNews
Anambra Now 7th Most Indebted States In Nigeria!
NEWS
By ElombahNews On May 27, 2019

Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State

Anambra State has just made the seventh in the list of the ten most indebted states in Nigeria with an external debt profile of N107 billion.

The disclosure was contained in an information recently provided by the Debt Management Office [DMO].

The news came as a shock to Anambrarians who recall vividly that barely six years when Mr. Peter Obi handed over as the governor, the state was not just debt free but has well over N75 billion in cash and savings.

However, in the six years Willie Maduabuchukwu Obiano steered the fortunes of the state, the debt profile jumped from N75 billion savings to N107 billion debt.

Also, according to another official document, the state is burdened with 92,332 out of school children

RELATED POSTS
North Tops In Early Motherhood, Least In Literate Young Women —NBS

Court Orders Arrest Of Emir Sanusi’s Aides

Udoma: We’ve not spent N2.18tr from 2018 budget

It could be recalled that Anambra State owed nothing to any individuals or institutions in the form of salaries, pensions, or contracts, as at 17th March 2014.

Other states that made the top ten list include:

Lagos — N1.4 trillion
Edo — N276 billion
Kaduna — N227 billion
Cross River — N188 billion
Bauchi — N133 billion
Enugu — N126 billion

Ekiti — N106 billion
Oyo — N104 billion
Ogun— N103 billion
See the top ten list below:

DISCLAIMER: Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of Elombah News
© Copyright 2018 www.elombah.com. Send eyewitness accounts/ reports/ articles to publisher@elombah.com; follow us on twitter @ElombahNews; like our Facebook page: ElombahNews; join us on WhatsApp HERE
Would you like to be receiving ALL ElombahNews links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, kindly provide us your Telephone number via publisher@elombah.com or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are ready to go!
For adverts & inquiries, call +447460770987, +2349050382526

ElombahNews
PREV POST

FC Ifeanyi Ubah qualifies for 2019 NPFL Super Six in grand style

NEXT POST

I’ll Be President, Okorocha Vows, Slams Certificate Of Return Seizure

You Might Also Like
NEWS

NEWS

NEWS

NEWS
Police Plot To Withdraw Charges, Rearrest George Uboh, Foiled

Comments are closed.

Latest Posts
62 Percent Nigerians Vote Buhari’s Government “Poor”
May 29, 2019
May 28, 2019
PRESIDENT BUHARI SUBMITS ASSETS DECLARATION FORMS, READY FOR TOMORROW’S SWEARING-IN
May 28, 2019
Obiano Should Denounce Yari’s Letter To Buhari On NFIU —APC
May 28, 2019
Fulani Radio Station: Nigeria Betrothing Genocide
May 28, 2019
Buhari has laid a foundation for a greater Nigeria – Senator Hope Uzodimma
May 28, 2019
Borno state Governor’s steward commits suicide
May 28, 2019
EFCC arrests Zamfara SSG’s brother with N60m cash
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
Is Trump’s USA ‘Noah’s Ark’? ~ By Emmanuel Onwubiko
May 28, 2019

Join Newsletter
Join Newsletter
Subscribe our newsletter to stay updated.

Enter your e-mail ..
Subscribe
Web Analytics
CONTACT US
© 2019 - Elombah News. All Rights Reserved.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 6:29am On May 29, 2019
This one don kolo kpata kpata lol

Please do your computation of internal and external then you would see that Imo state is the most indebted state in SE and among the top 10 Nigeria. Anambra is not even among the top 25 most indebted state. Do your calculations. I am waiting for you cheesy

[s]
ScotMisile:
HomeNews
Anambra Now 7th Most Indebted States In NigeriaBy ElombahNews On May 27, 2019
Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra StatAnambra State has just made the seventh in the list of the ten most indebted states in Nigeria with an external debt profile of N107 billion.LThe disclosure was contained in an information recently provided by the Debt Management Office [DMO].The news came as a shock to Anambrarians who recall vividly that barely six years when Mr. Peter Obi handed over as the governor, the state was not just debt free but has well over N75 billion in cash and savings.However, in the six years Willie Maduabuchukwu Obiano steered the fortunes of the state, the debt profile jumped from N75 billion savings to N107 billion debt.Also, according to another official document, the state is burdened with 92,332 out of school childrenRELATED POSTS
North Tops In Early Motherhood, Least In Literate Young Women —NBSCourt Orders Arrest Of Emir Sanusi’s Aides
Udoma: We’ve not spent N2.18tr from 2018 budgett could be recalled that Anambra State owed nothing to any individuals or institutions in the form of salaries, pensions, or contracts, as at 17th March 2014.Other states that made the top ten list include:
Lagos — N1.4 trillion
Edo — N276 billion
Kaduna — N227 billion
Bauchi — N133 billion
Enugu — N126 billion
Ekiti — N106 billion
Oyo — N104 billion
Ogun— N103 billion
See the top ten list below:DISCLAIMER: Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of Elombah News
© Copyright 2018 www.elombah.com. Send eyewitness accounts/ reports/ articles to publisher@elombah.com; follow us on twitter @ElombahNews; like our Facebook page: ElombahNews; join us on WhatsApp HERE
Would you like to be receiving ALL ElombahNews links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, kindly provide us your Telephone number via publisher@elombah.com or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are ready to go!
For adverts & inquiries, call +447460770987, +23490503
ElombahNews
PREV POSFC Ifeanyi Ubah qualifies for 2019 NPFL Super Six in grand styl
NEXT POST MI’ll Be President, Okorocha Vows, Slams Certificate Of Return Seizu
You Might Also Like
NEWNorth Tops In Early Motherhood, Least In Literate Young Women —NBSNEWS
Court Orders Arrest Of Emir Sanusi’s AideNEWS
Udoma: We’ve not spent N2.18tr from 2018 budge
NEWS
Police Plot To Withdraw Charges, Rearrest George Uboh, Foiomments are close
Latest Posts
May 29, 2019
May 28, 2019
PRESIDENT BUHARI SUBMITS ASSETS DECLARATION FORMS, READY FOR TOMORROW’S SWEARING-IN
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
Join Newsletter
Join Newsletter
LEnter your e-mail ..
Subscribe
Web Analytics
CONTACT US
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Unbiased1: 10:33am On May 29, 2019
ScotMisile:
HomeNews
NEWS

Anambra State has just made the seventh in the list of the ten most indebted states in Nigeria with an external debt profile of N107 billion.

The disclosure was contained in an information recently provided by the Debt Management Office [DMO].

The news came as a shock to Anambrarians who recall vividly that barely six years when Mr. Peter Obi handed over as the governor, the state was not just debt free but has well over N75 billion in cash and savings.

However, in the six years Willie Maduabuchukwu Obiano steered the fortunes of the state, the debt profile jumped from N75 billion savings to N107 billion debt.

Also, according to another official document, the state is burdened with 92,332 out of school children

RELATED POSTS

It could be recalled that Anambra State owed nothing to any individuals or institutions in the form of salaries, pensions, or contracts, as at 17th March 2014.

Lagos — N1.4 trillion
Edo — N276 billion
Kaduna — N227 billion
Bauchi — N133 billion
Enugu — N126 billion

Ekiti — N106 billion
Oyo — N104 billion
Ogun— N103 billion

DISCLAIMER: Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of Elombah News

ElombahNews
PREV POST

NEXT POST

You Might Also Like
NEWS

NEWS

NEWS

NEWS

Comments are closed.

Latest Posts
May 29, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019

Join Newsletter
Join Newsletter

Enter your e-mail ..
Subscribe
Web Analytics
CONTACT US

I was also shocked to see the external dept profile of Enugu. This is what happens when a state has poor tax returns largely due to lack of enforcement as in the case of Anambra, they have no choice than to depend on federal allocation and loans. As for Imo state's Debt, only God can help us because, IMO state's IGR is too low to pay up both internal and external debts even in the next 30 years.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 5:03pm On May 29, 2019
Abagworo aka Imo1stson, now NBS has released the authentic information on GDP at State level. You see why we told you that Imo state has not made any progress ever since. Brothels and commercial sex hawking doesn't grow economy nor GDP.

https://www.nairaland.com/5214582/states-nominal-gross-domestic-product

I. In 2017, the nominal gross domestic product for the 22 states (for which data is currently available) stood at N63.8trillion, or 56% of Nigeria nominal gross domestic product in that year.

ii. By sector, the 22 states accounted for 57%, 77% and 48% of agriculture, industry and services GDP at the national level respectively. Among the 22 states, however, services sector accounted for 67%, while agriculture accounted for 22% and industry, 11%.

iii. Among the 22 states, FCT had the highest gross domestic product at N10.6 trillion, or 17% of total states GDP. This was followed by Akwa-Ibom and Rivers States, each with 8% of total states GDP .

iv. In the FCT, services accounted for 81% of GDP while industry and agriculture accounted for 18% and 10% respectively. In Akwa-Ibom, however, industry accounted for 65% while services and agriculture accounted for 19% and 16% respectively.

v. Across the 22 states, the non-oil sector represented 98% of total states GDP while the oil sector accounted for only 2%.

vi. The 6 states with the highest nominal GDP in 2017 – FCT, Akwa-Ibom, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Anambra – accounted for about 50% of the total states GDP, or 27% of Nigeria nominal GDP, in 2017.

Data source: National Bureau of Statistics

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/download/947

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwaforIgbo: 7:13am On May 30, 2019
SpaceTour:
Shut up your dirty Aba mouth. Umuahia is a glorified village and the worst state capital in Nigeria, Aba is a disgusting sewage pit toilet with dilapidated roads and filthy environment.

Overall, Abia state is the worst state in SE, SS, NW, NC, NE of Nigeria. Abia people like you shouldn't be talking in public because your state is dead.

Look at the condition of Aba, the most important town in Abia state. Cursed people

[s][/s]

Stop recycling old pix of Aba, all this pictures are old...

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BeijinDossier: 8:21am On May 30, 2019
Those are very current pictures of sewage pit toilet called Aba. If you doubt me then get us the pictures of that same place the guy posted. Abia state is cursed

NwaforIgbo:

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Unbiased1: 8:34am On May 30, 2019
NwaforIgbo:

Don't reply that guy again

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 2:50am On May 31, 2019
ScotMisile:
HomeNews
NEWS

RELATED POSTS

Lagos — N1.4 trillion
Edo — N276 billion
Kaduna — N227 billion
Bauchi — N133 billion
Enugu — N126 billion

Ekiti — N106 billion
Oyo — N104 billion
Ogun— N103 billion

ElombahNews
PREV POST

NEXT POST

You Might Also Like
NEWS

NEWS

NEWS

NEWS

Comments are closed.

Latest Posts
May 29, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
May 28, 2019

Join Newsletter
Join Newsletter

Enter your e-mail ..
Subscribe
Web Analytics
CONTACT US

That drunkard obiano, the dark spec wearing, akpokue wimp clueless governor, have finished anambra state. The man have not built anything in anambra state since he came to power. A governor riding around in Toyota SUV in a state that produces INNOSON G5 and INNOSON G6 SUV. A governor in his first year was brandishing 5 billion dollars MOU's, many of which have not materialized. The 5 billion dollars airport city, which he signed a contract for, is nowhere to be found. Peter obi built 800 kilometers of roads and left billions of naira in savings. This buffoon useless clown governor have not built any roads and have SQUANDERED the state savings in no time.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofuzo: 2:50am On May 31, 2019
Ofuzo:

That drunkard obiano, the dark spec wearing, akpokue wimp clueless governor, have finished anambra state. The man have not built anything in anambra state since he came to power. A governor riding around in Toyota SUV in a state that produces INNOSON G5 and INNOSON G6 SUV. A governor in his first year was brandishing 5 billion dollars MOU's, many of which have not materialized. The 5 billion dollars airport city, which he signed a contract for, is nowhere to be found. Peter obi built 800 kilometers of roads and left billions of naira in savings. This buffoon useless clown governor have not built any roads and have SQUANDERED the state savings in no time.

Word.

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.