Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2403414 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
Chibuzo15:

The annoying aspect is many times it's the Igbo among them that do this, I keep saying it Gowon's creation of state was one of the smartest moves in Nigerian history..

But still I believe they are the best bet,
Please why is the port in states like Rivers not used for Cargo ? I still wonder
It is, but security fees you have to pay is very high.

The area is prone to pirates
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
Chibuzo15:
How much is even the Sea port sef that more than one state can't come together and finance the creation or upgrading of one.. All this governors no get vision, it's only pay salary and repair roads

God bless you. I wonder what they discuss in their Southeast governors forum. SW came up with a way to protect their people from herdsmen, but ours placed their trust in the police force. They are just too lily-livered to do anything, all because they want to gain political points with the North against the interest of their own people.

If we develop ourselves, we'll become the toast of other regions, that's the way life works.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 6:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
Fire
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Chibuzo15: 6:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
Coldie:

U won't understand but whatever I say is part of a larger and even bolder strategy
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
Chibuzo15:

Boss this plan will backfire, Fulani are a set of smart ppl , read their history. You will end up losing if you do such
I hope u got that stuff I posted
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Chibuzo15: 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
Coldie:

It is, but security fees you have to pay is very high.

The area is prone to pirates

Nawa o, are you sure it's not the state that made fees so high?
We just dey here dey dull, gov Akeredolu of Ondo is planning to build a sea port in Ondo, using states funds. Ondo has the longest coastline in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
Coldie:

U won't understand but whatever I say is part of a larger and even bolder strategy

I'm sure Europe thought the same thing when they agreed to accept the refugees, that they'll have cheap labour.

My brother, let's not destroy ourselves because we want to please the North so that they'll support us in our quest for presidency.

Do we know the Almajiris more than their own governors that are sending them back and trying to break the Almajiri system? Why should we even be thinking of such baffles me.

So, we'll put the lives of our people, our elderly mothers and fathers, our wives, our children in danger, JUST BECAUSE OF A LARGER AND EVEN BOLDER STRATEGY? Just because we want to be president of Nigeria?

*#Local man cannot can#"

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Chibuzo15: 6:13pm On Jun 19, 2020
Coldie:

I hope u got that stuff I posted
Modified
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 6:13pm On Jun 19, 2020
Chibuzo15:

Nawa o, are you sure it's not the state that made fees so high?
We just dey here dey dull, gov Akeredolu of Ondo is planning to build a sea port in Ondo, using states funds. Ondo has the longest coastline in Nigeria
Na why we and these people no be the same. Almost all the SS States have sea access and the major thing igbos need is sea access why not them making an alliance and solving that problem, instead of them to do it to them its over their dead bodies
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

I'm sure Europe thought the same thing when they agreed to accept the refugees, that they'll have cheap labour.

My brother, let's not destroy ourselves because we want to please the North so that they'll support us in our quest for presidency.

Do we know the Almajiris more than their own governors that are sending them back and trying to break the Almajiri system? Why should we even be thinking of such baffles me.

So, we'll put the lives of our people, our elderly mothers and fathers, our wives, our children in danger, JUST BECAUSE OF A LARGER AND EVEN BOLDER STRATEGY? Just because we want to be president of Nigeria?

*#Local man cannot can#"
Did u see the post I edited I put down the motive there. But I had to remove it for our own interest
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 6:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Mehn, I'm shocked with that I'm seeing. Did you see where he wrote the North send their Almajiris down to the east, infact all of them, that we'll take care of them?

Even Northern states are trying to send them back cos of their propensity for violence and someone is saying we accept them all in. Na so European countries take do big brother accept refugees who even Muslim countries didn't accept, and the refugees are now causing trouble for them.

Abeg, let's not be too wise in our own conceits
there is a reason I stopped the discussion

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 19, 2020
[quote author=Coldie post=90841449]Since the national conference till now state creation has been like the only thing Igbo leaders have been pushing for.

While the SS has been pushing for resource control, if it happens it means starving our non oil producing States the needed fund to operate.

While in the SW they are pushing for resource Control too, to be able to control their ports.

We have our gas fields (one of the biggest )solid minerals and others to control as per resource control.
If for nothing else, restructuring would give us better security against alien terrorist and allow us to grow at our own pace.
As for ipob, people like NK don't /cant share power. He would be like the leaders of hezabolla if Lebanon and the spiritual leader of Iran -in the long run they destroy what the fougth for.
Ipob should be left alone while a more moderate apparatus or ohaneze igbo strengthened to give us more credibility.
For Nigerian presidency,until we as a tribe decide to speak in one voice that and secession would still be a dream.
The people of akwaibom and crossriver are more igbo friendly to us than all other states outside our region. Over time we have formed a symbiotic relationship with them. Aba by virtue of location,population and industry would always play a role in the economics of those states same as onitsha and it's zone of interest. A seaport in any of those states would serve us well.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
asha80:
there is a reason I stopped the discussion

Toh... Let's just go back to discussing how to make our dear state better
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 6:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
[quote author=eduj post=90850584][/quote]

Akwa ibom and cross rivers... LoL

Dont bank your hope on them, I have my money in the bank in rivers state and Delta than them.

We have links in this state.

I have lived with 2 akwa ibom people at different point in times in my life my experience with them in Igbo matter made me not to have hope on them.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by NwaforIgbo: 7:08pm On Jun 19, 2020
Chibuzo15:
How much is even the Sea port sef that more than one state can't come together and finance the creation or upgrading of one.. All this governors no get vision, it's only pay salary and repair roads

Exactly my thought!!
SE governors/states can ally with industrial and business men to create a company to invest in port operations, shipping, rail network and road construction...
I wonder why we are not considering this options??

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by strykr: 7:45pm On Jun 19, 2020
Coldie:

I just discovered that if there was to restructuring it won't benefit us in anyway. It will only benefit the west and the south south. With the way these two regions have been acting it seems to be all man to himself, so I think we should be laying down our own plans.

If we push for an extra state, it cabr be created from the east cause our quota is complete.

We had 2regions then 3 then 4 and it went on.

Right now in the south in state creation the former eastern region has more States than the former western region.

East has 9 while the west has 8, do the math on what will happen in the next state creation.

Unless they create anioma state and zone it to the SE, we have nothing to gain from restructuring.

This has got to be the dumbest thing I've read in this forum. I doubt if you're truly Igbo. If you are I'm pretty sure you reside in the west or north and have been completely brainwashed by their anti- biafran propaganda.

Why must Nigerians always think one-sided. Must you build a wall around your creativity. If the eastern region have more states, why can't every other region create more states. If it's 8:9 between west and east, would anybody die if west creates two extra states? Sometimes the things I read on this forum baffles me.

You really do believe that an Igbo presidency in Nigeria would solve all our problems? The same presidency the North have held for 70% of Nigeria's existence. Ask yourself this question : between SE and north, who needs access to the sea more, then also ask yourself, why despite being in charge of Nigeria for a long time, the North haven't still dredged river Niger.

When you answer these questions honestly, then you'll understand why secession or restructuring is the best thing that can happen to Igbos. Talking nonsense about taking care of almajiris and a bold strategy in this same Nigeria. Keep living a British fantasy while more serious countries are breaking new strides.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ongoing work at ideal suite-fed sec road world bank area

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
Prof AEC Ogunna road World bank area

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
Make una no vex o. But I hardly ever see where the IMO state government is commissioning anything outside owerri area.

Why can't the state government construct roads in other local govt?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 19, 2020
IGBOSON1 this particular moniker is only here to spy on u guys.
Be warned...
Too many non Igbos now visiting igbo threads..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by greenandy: 2:28am On Jun 20, 2020
Coldie:
Make una no vex o. But I hardly ever see where the IMO state government is commissioning anything outside owerri area.

Why can't the state government construct roads in other local govt?

We vex o. Most of us o.
Since 2007, beginning with Ohakim, Imo state governors build only state capital roads, bridges and drainage system, they then build one or two double lanes roads in their villages.
Because the governors have no attachment to the other principal urban centers in the state,
they treat them like rural villages.
We see Imo governors showcasing kilometers of drainage gutters and roads in the state capital as their government achievements, but floods devastate other urban centers in Imo state owing to absence of drainage gutters. The governors have no attachment with those areas. Urban roads outside Owerri are now no-go areas.
As Owerri urbanization extends to nearly all Owerri zone, new governors must build new roads and drainage gutters along too.
The villages of these governors from Okigwe and Orlu zones remain rural, because the governors have no regard or attachment to the other principal urban centers in the two senatorial districts.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:38am On Jun 20, 2020
sanctity454:
Ongoing work at ideal suite-fed sec road world bank area

God bless you for the work you are doing. I can see the height of the gravel here is high, good job to the contractors
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:45am On Jun 20, 2020
greenandy:

We vex o. Most of us o.
must build new roads and drainage gutters along too.
The villages of these governors from Okigwe and Orlu zones remain rural, because the governors have no regard or attachment to the other principal urban centers in the two senatorial districts.

My brother, we don overflog this matter ontop this thread. Most of the roads being posted here currently are Construction works in Owerri, yet people claimed Rochas concentrated all his efforts in building roads in Owerri.

Now, I'm confused, if Rochas was only interested in building roads in Owerri, and not up to one year after he left, the new governor is constructing a lot of roads in the same Owerri, it begs the question: Is it that the roads Rochas constructed got damaged before he left, or Owerri just has too many roads that a sizeable number of them can't be construed by a governor?

On a side note, Imo state has 27 local governments, what will it take a governor to construct a 4-lane road (2 on each side with parking space), that'll cut through the whole 27 local governments? Is it that difficult?

I stand to be corrected, but I believe if the road is shared between 4/5 construction companies, it can be completed in one year, with pedestrian bridges where necessary

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 8:09am On Jun 20, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

My brother, we don overflog this matter ontop this thread. Most of the roads being posted here currently are Construction works in Owerri, yet people claimed Rochas concentrated all his efforts in building roads in Owerri.

Now, I'm confused, if Rochas was only interested in building roads in Owerri, and not up to one year after he left, the new governor is constructing a lot of roads in the same Owerri, it begs the question: Is it that the roads Rochas constructed got damaged before he left, or Owerri just has too many roads that a sizeable number of them can't be construed by a governor?

On a side note, Imo state has 27 local governments, what will it take a governor to construct a 4-lane road (2 on each side with parking space), that'll cut through the whole 27 local governments? Is it that difficult?

I stand to be corrected, but I believe if the road is shared between 4/5 construction companies, it can be completed in one year, with pedestrian bridges where necessary
do you take into cognisance,our IGR and other stuffs like allocation and cash to execute these projects?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 20, 2020
Relief market road construction has reached the market section of it.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 20, 2020
Mbonu ojike street

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 20, 2020
Aladinma road and environs

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 20, 2020
Lake nwaebere street

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 20, 2020
Polynek -ihiagwa futo road contractor is adamant to govt directive to speed up work

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 9:12am On Jun 20, 2020
sanctity454:
Polynek -ihiagwa futo road contractor is adamant to govt directive to speed up work

These roads are some of the roads Rochas constructed as governor

Few months away, they are now in a terrible state

Sincerely, I don't think that Imo people who said that Rochas was doing a 'China road' did that out of hate

His road quality was some of the worst in the country. I just hope that his successor does not follow in his footsteps

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 10:20am On Jun 20, 2020
seankafor:
do you take into cognisance,our IGR and other stuffs like allocation and cash to execute these projects?
IMO state leaders are looting us dry.

If u are using money allocated for 27 lg to develop only 2 lg money supposed dae surplus...

Ebonyi has 13 lg that means they have lesser money, but they are building quality infrastructures why can't we?

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by greenandy: 10:31am On Jun 20, 2020
seankafor:

Statements like this ginger Imo governors since 2007 to do road works only in Owerri then take away what is meant for development in 25 local government areas of Imo state.Roads add value to lands near by.
Land owners in Owerri smile to the banks after getting millions of Naira from selling a plot of land. They clap for the governors and come online to deposit photos of roads in Owerri.
Meanwhile, 95% of the land mass of Imo state remain without good roads, water supply, hospitals, etc,. They remain poor. Wake up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.