Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (635) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2405376 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by greenandy: 6:55am On Jun 30, 2020
Duru1:

You are onto something, bro. No wonder peeps from Orlu always get the nod for the governor of Imo State. Orlu zone has corned all the reasonable urban development in Imo State.

Owerri has a modern and most durable public water supply system worth more than N50 billion, with huge underground water supply pipes in most of the local government areas in Owerri zone.
Pipe borne water supply system does not exist anywhere in Orlu zone. People sink private water boreholes in Orlu zone and consume the deadly water.

Orlu zone has been unfortunate for producing governors who are not educated enough to understand the importance of public water supply system for their people. First project of Emeka Ihedioha as governor was contract to reactivate Owerri regional surface water supply system.

Owerri zone has the best underground drainage system in Nigeria.

Floods have been destroying multi deck buildings in Orlu. The urban drainage project of Orlu started many years ago is not completed. Govs from Orlu zone dig deep pits here and there in Orlu town centre as half measures inside town to collect floods, instead of completing the gutter.

Owerri roads are being expanded by governors, inland roads, bye pass roads, internal link roads that lead to rapid urban expansion of Owerri.

Orlu urban roads are like in civil war era. Okorocha expanded four short roads that link to the road to his Ogboko hometown. Outside that, hardly any good roads link communities in Orlu zone.

In Imo state, Owerri zone hosts all the universities and polytechnics that promote urban development.

There is only School for the Mentally and Physically Handicapped in Orlu. Imo state Polytechnic is profited most by Owerri.

The sort of governors that emerge from Orlu zone don’t understand the importance of public university in human and economic development of a place.

So what did you mean by Orlu zone cornered the urban development projects in Imo state?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 2:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
asha80:
nonsense talk
Continue with your delusional mindset. Politics apart Okorocha still remain the best. Nonsense.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 2:59pm On Jun 30, 2020
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2020
SmartPolician:

Bros, COREN said the flyover doesn't meet their standard

I don't suppose they were brainwashed as well

You are speaking as if you don't know Nigeria. Everything is politics. Let's wait and see. Was it not the same way Ihedioha scrapped one side of Dee Sam Mbakwe road with the news that the drainage was not properly constructed Uzodimma came in and re-asphalted it without giving any consideration to drainage issue.

These people hate Rochas and are bent in destroying his legacy. In my own opinion as a true imolite and based on what I see on ground not what I heard or read on social media, Rochas still remain the best not only in Imo state but southeast at large.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 6:36pm On Jun 30, 2020
B2mario:

You are speaking as if you don't know Nigeria. Everything is politics. Let's wait and see. Was it not the same way Ihedioha scrapped one side of Dee Sam Mbakwe road with the news that the drainage was not properly constructed Uzodimma came in and re-asphalted it without giving any consideration to drainage issue.

These people hate Rochas and are bent in destroying his legacy. In my own opinion as a true imolite and based on what I see on ground not what I heard or read on social media, Rochas still remain the best not only in Imo state but southeast at large.
rochas tried but his greediness and the fact that he wanted to turn to tinubu of imo state is what stained his image.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 7:02pm On Jun 30, 2020
seankafor:
rochas tried but his greediness and the fact that he wanted to turn to tinubu of imo state is what stained his image.

Bro, he did not want to turn to anybody. He was just trying to protect his presidential aspiration. You and I know that Tinubu ideology can only work in the southwest but can not see any light in Igboland because we only respect human beings but don't worship them.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 7:03pm On Jun 30, 2020
B2mario:

Bro, he did not want to turn to anybody. He was just trying to protect his presidential aspiration. You and I know that Tinubu ideology can only work in the southwest but can not see any light in Igboland because we only respect human beings but don't worship them.
which presidential ambition has to do with imposing his in-law on imo state against all odds?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:49pm On Jun 30, 2020
seankafor:

It's a matter of manipulation using media and every means possible that makes you view the man from that angle. It was Tinubu who fought hard to make sure Okorocha didn't get a successor to continue with his good projects and plans in order to ruin his Presidential ambition. It's getting clearer by the day and he refused to accept the fact that Okorocha contributed as much in APC or even more than him since he sacrificed his own image to plant APC in the Southeast.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by greenandy: 10:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
B2mario:

In bold: the madness of demolishing and rebuilding in Owerri shall be stopped by people’s force soon, until urban roads of other Imo towns are asphalted..

So many urban roads in Owerri have been reconstructed up to three times in ten years, but most of the urban roads in Orlu have never seen asphalt for once. Enough of state capital madness in Imo state. There is more to the madness than love for state capital: governors milk Imo state dry as they showcase roads and drainage systems they built in Owerri, but can’t account for funds that should have gone into building urban roads and drainage systems in Orlu and Okigwe areas.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 10:42pm On Jun 30, 2020
greenandy:

In bold: the madness of demolishing and rebuilding in Owerri shall be stopped by people’s force soon, until urban roads of other Imo towns are asphalted..

So many urban roads in Owerri have been reconstructed up to three times in ten years, but most of the urban roads in Orlu have never seen asphalt for once. Enough of state capital madness in Imo state. There is more to the madness than love for state capital: governors milk Imo state dry as they showcase roads and drainage systems they built in Owerri, but can’t account for funds that should have gone into building urban roads and drainage systems in Orlu and Okigwe areas.
why u dey carry this orlu and okigwe for head like gala?

Are they the only improvished LGA in IMO state?

Why is no one talking of obowo LGA?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Chibuzo15: 11:47pm On Jun 30, 2020
seankafor:

I believe he is talking about the regions in form of senatorial zones,
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:19am On Jul 01, 2020
sanctity454:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QT94jupyns

The girl did a nice job. I hope she infuses some Igbo language into it next time.

Did anybody find it awkward that all the tunnels and overhead bridges Rocha's built are considered "impassable" by imolites? So those structures are just a waste of taxpayer's fund?

Anyone also notice the beauty of Concorde Avenue? A closer look will reveal that the beauty is due to both the state of the road and THE GREEN ENVIRONMENT, I was expecting the planting of trees to extend beyond the avenue unfortunately it didn't.

Another beautiful road is the one leading to Rochas College junction, which is due to the white markings on the road.

Please, who knows the name of those trees in the middle of the road with branches pointing upwards, and why ain't they removing the ones that have fallen down?

This is a video that exposes the true state of Owerri and aside the duplicity of hotels, I sure am not impressed at all. You will notice that aside the major roads, the inner roads in most areas ain't tarred. If the state capital is like this, one can only begin to imagine the rot in the other parts of the state.

Are there even factories/industries in Imo state/Owerri at all?

Let me quickly add this, from what I see in the video, most drivers in Owerri need driving lessons or its probably because the roads are scanty. A lot of driving errors that will have caused your car to be bashed numerous times if you ever drove like that in a city like Lagos.

#ImoStateWillBeBetter#
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:21am On Jul 01, 2020
B2mario:

Nothing is wrong with the bridge, every story about the bridges and tunnels is propaganda. People were brainwashed not to use the tunnels and bridges that they where constructed with ordinary blocks which is a total lie. At least 50 - 65% of roads shown in the video were constructed by sen. Okorocha.

Please, are you very certain about this? How come there was a picture earlier of the roads on the bridges being spoilt even without people using it and some parts of the "side barricade" cracking.

Again, how sure are you of this, please?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:50am On Jul 01, 2020
Chibuzo15:

I believe he is talking about the regions in form of senatorial zones,

My brother, who do we blame for it. Since the governors doing all these are from those zones, I don't know why Owerri zone should be blamed for it.

If as a rich man you decide to feed outsiders and allow your family members to starve, do we blame the outsiders? All the governors seemingly developing Owerri zone are from Orlu and Okigwe, question is, WHY ARE THEY ABANDONING THEIR ZONES? What did Orlu and Okigwe do to their politicians to make them abandon them anytime they enter office?

Let me just sound that when people say Owerri zone is being developed, it should be noted that such is only limited to the state capital Owerri. Outside Owerri, all the local governments from through Umuahia road, from Egbu, Emekuku, Aboh Mbaise, Ahiazu Mbaise, Obowo, and so on, are not experiencing this said development.

So, we shouldn't make it seem as if it's ALL OWERRI ZONE that are experiencing development and road construction
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 01, 2020
IMSG has signed an MOU with construction giant Julius berger for the total reconstruction of orlu-owerri road and owerri -okigwe road.
I which Hope adds owerri -umuahia road

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2020
sanctity454:
IMSG has signed an MOU with construction giant for the total reconstruction of orlu-owerri road and owerri -okigwe road.
you didn't name the giant construction giant..also I thought ccecc is in charge of owerri umuahia Road?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2020
asha80:
you didn't name the giant construction giant..also I thought ccecc is in charge of owerri umuahia Road?
Julius Berger.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 2:28pm On Jul 01, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Please, are you very certain about this? How come there was a picture earlier of the roads on the bridges being spoilt even without people using it and some parts of the "side barricade" cracking.

Again, how sure are you of this, please?

I really need to see the picture
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 2:32pm On Jul 01, 2020
seankafor:
which presidential ambition has to do with imposing his in-law on imo state against all odds?

But it was his son in-law that duly won the last election. His son in-law was the people's choice but was stopped by Rochas enemies both in PDP and APC.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2020
seankafor:

Stop giving attention to that guy, he's not from Orlu.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2020
asha80:
Sorry about that, its Julius berger const co.
Ccecc was awarded critical sections of the road not total reconstruction.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2020
sanctity454:
IMSG has signed an MOU with construction giant Julius berger for the total reconstruction of orlu-owerri road and owerri -okigwe road.

Good one
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 01, 2020
Asphalting on top of the already completed concrete pavement on Douglas road

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2020
I dont know y eastern governor's don't love our people. Apart from road projects I have not seen any reasonable job creating project from imsg

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 01, 2020
IMSG has 3500 youths undergoing training for CBN grant.
Thats the only youth empowerment program am sure off
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:52pm On Jul 01, 2020
B2mario:

But it was his son in-law that duly won the last election. His son in-law was the people's choice but was stopped by Rochas enemies both in PDP and APC.

Rochas son-in-law was the *people's choice"?... Abeg, which people?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:54pm On Jul 01, 2020
B2mario:

I really need to see the picture

It's on this thread. Also, if you watch the video Sanctity uploaded, you'll see where the girl drove beside the flyover, look at the maneuvering of the sienna that was climbing the flyover, you'll observe the road isn't good

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:57pm On Jul 01, 2020
asha80:

CCECC, don't know why I always have my reservation about that company.

I'll prefer and Arab contractors to all these companies anytime, any day.

Although they did a good job, but look at how long it took even RCC to complete Benin-Ore road. Last time I travelled they were the same company constructing Onitsha-Awka road, still at the same snail speed

I hope CCECC won't drag the road same way
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by greenandy: 8:58pm On Jul 01, 2020
B2mario:

Stop giving attention to that guy, he's not from Orlu.

You want to receive insults from me, the way others heap insults on you?

Only a fool would say that I am not from Orlu.

You Abia man, go home, Okorocha your mentor is no more in charge of any where in Imo state.

Tell him to start placing his Constituency projects in Orlu zone if he is still representing the zone..

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2020
Coldie:
I dont know y eastern governor's don't love our people. Apart from road projects I have not seen any reasonable job creating project from imsg

I guess they believe that's the only thing they were elected to do.

Will Hope abandon the general hospitals built by Rochas?

Will Hope continue Rochas primary education policy where almost all local government primary schools had a new block added to their building?

Why is Hope not paying pensioners few months down the line, yet gallivanting to Edo state?

Questions that need to be answered
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2020
Coldie:
I envy akwa ibom state to some extent embarassed

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2020
B2mario:

You sound like a Rochas' propagandist, which no reasonable person should take seriously

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.