Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (636) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2406370 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 01, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

I guess they believe that's the only thing they were elected to do.

Will Hope abandon the general hospitals built by Rochas?

Will Hope continue Rochas primary education policy where almost all local government primary schools had a new block added to their building?

Why is Hope not paying pensioners few months down the line, yet gallivanting to Edo state?

Questions that need to be answered
Hope has outlawed the free education program, so there's no longer free education.
From what I have gathered Hope policy on health is to modernize already existing hospitals,
The 27 new general hospital about 2 is already operational the rest is still in comatose situations.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 9:18pm On Jul 01, 2020
sanctity454:

Hope has outlawed the free education program, so there's no longer free education.
From what I have gathered Hope policy on health is to modernize already existing hospitals,
The 27 new general hospital about 2 is already operational the rest is still in comatose situations.

While Rochas did a lot of abracadabra in Imo State, his so-called free education helped many people.

However, many Imolites maintained that quality education was better than free education. So, I guess they won't be complaining now.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
sanctity454:

I don't blame him for outlawing free education. It was only a matter of time before that happened.

As SmartPolician said, quality should trump quantity. Next thing should be employment of adequate teachers for the classes, especially the secondary schools. If possible, he can tap into the ongoing Npower recruitment to get teachers for one year.

Then, there is the place of ADEQUATE MONITORING. Most schools in rural areas of Imo state don't function properly. Teachers only come to school when they know inspectors will be visiting. Teaching is left to Teaching Practice students from Alvan Ikoku College of Education who can't write a paragraph/ speak confidently without grammatical blunders.

For the hospitals, I'm happy 2 of them are now functional. If Hope can work on the remaining ones, complete them and bring them back to life, it'll be in line with his goal of modernizing existing hospitals. Plus, we don't have many standard private hospitals in the state, so this will definitely go a long way.

On a side note, it'll be nice to have each house of assembly member pick up the general hospital in their constituency as a constituency project and complete it. All they have to do is complete it and officially hand it over to the state government for staffing

But no, they'll prefer to spend their constituency allowances at several hotels in Owerri during the weekend
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 10:14pm On Jul 01, 2020
seankafor:
I envy akwa ibom state to some extent embarassed
Of recent I saw sty in yobe state that surprised me. They are setting up a nylon plant. During d lockdown they discovered that they don't produce nylon in the state that the ones they use come from either Lagos or kano. They went and rejuvenated the plant and its working right now employing youths, stopping the capital flight from the state.

Our own governor's think say governance na to if u build one road make everybody lie down for ground for u

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 10:21pm On Jul 01, 2020
Igbo leaders are too much after money, that they just come interest the system with absolutely no value to offer than the usual routine of I am a governor my job is to build roads and pay salaries for 8years then go

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 10:29pm On Jul 01, 2020
Coldie:

Of recent I saw sty in yobe state that surprised me. They are setting up a nylon plant. During d lockdown they discovered that they don't produce nylon in the state that the ones they use come from either Lagos or kano. They went and rejuvenated the plant and its working right now employing youths, stopping the capital flight from the state.

Our own governor's think say governance na to if u build one road make everybody lie down for ground for u
I heard he is set to revive the ohaji palm industry
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Coldie(m): 10:34pm On Jul 01, 2020
seankafor:
I heard he is set to revive the ohaji palm industry
I heard he has revived it. Though if it were up to me I would advice him to focus on rice cultivation
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 01, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

I don't blame him for outlawing free education. It was only a matter of time before that happened.

As SmartPolician said, quality should trump quantity. Next thing should be employment of adequate teachers for the classes, especially the secondary schools. If possible, he can tap into the ongoing Npower recruitment to get teachers for one year.

Then, there is the place of ADEQUATE MONITORING. Most schools in rural areas of Imo state don't function properly. Teachers only come to school when they know inspectors will be visiting. Teaching is left to Teaching Practice students from Alvan Ikoku College of Education who can't write a paragraph/ speak confidently without grammatical blunders.

For the hospitals, I'm happy 2 of them are now functional. If Hope can work on the remaining ones, complete them and bring them back to life, it'll be in line with his goal of modernizing existing hospitals. Plus, we don't have many standard private hospitals in the state, so this will definitely go a long way.

On a side note, it'll be nice to have each house of assembly member pick up the general hospital in their constituency as a constituency project and complete it. All they have to do is complete it and officially hand it over to the state government for staffing

But no, they'll prefer to spend their constituency allowances at several hotels in Owerri during the weekend
You're right except standard private hospital part, Neuro Region, Everbright and co. It's just expense that's all.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:56pm On Jul 01, 2020
sanctity454:

You're right except standard private hospital part, Neuro Region, Everbright and co. It's just expense that's all.

Yeah, I know we have a few, I stated that we don't have "many"... Also, I haven't seen any outside Owerri.

And as you stated, they are expensive
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:00pm On Jul 01, 2020
Coldie:
Igbo leaders are too much after money, that they just come interest the system with absolutely no value to offer than the usual routine of I am a governor my job is to build roads and pay salaries for 8years then go

I personally don't buy the idea of government building industries or companies like the Yobe example you have EXCEPT IF ITS A PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP

You see this road building and pay salaries for 8years, if they are even doing that one as at when due, we go get something to thank God for.

But as simple as it sounds, they are not even doing it

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:02pm On Jul 01, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Do you know why some of these claims against free education is fallacious? There is no Nigerian State with better quality public education for now. Why collect money and still give out same quality while you can do it for free?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by AKswift: 11:24pm On Jul 01, 2020
Irrespective of the states, l don’t like the idea of govt. building hospitals and running schools in Nigeria. Let discuss on hospitals, Imolites have rich dudes that can invest in the health sector same way they are pumping millions into hotels. The government should identify these individuals and encourage them to invest in the sector. Take for example, Ezenna of Orange drugs, why can’t he build a start-of-the-art, mid size hospital in Owerri, he is into pharmaceutical, right? same goes for Maurice Iwu and the big names in Imo. The Mbaise community in the States has a good number of health practitioners; why not tap from their pocket to enable them invest in sector rather than just owing fancy homes in Nigeria?

Same way the govt was a major player in the hotel biz in the 80s and earlier 90s before private capital took over, what can we say about the magt of big hotels like concord, hotel presidential, federal palace hotel and their likes? Govt should face its biz of being an effective regulator, while it’s encourage private capitals in most sectors of the economy

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 11:30pm On Jul 01, 2020
AKswift:
Irrespective of the states, l don’t like the idea of govt. building hospitals and running schools in Nigeria. Let discuss on hospitals, Imolites have rich dudes that can invest in the health sector same way they are pumping millions into hotels. The government should identify these individuals and encourage them to invest in the sector. Take for example, Ezenna of Orange drugs, why can’t he build a start-of-the-art, mid size hospital in Owerri, he is into pharmaceutical, right? same goes for Maurice Iwu and the big names in Imo. The Mbaise community in the States has a good number of health practitioners; why not tap from their pocket to enable them invest in sector rather than just owing fancy homes in Nigeria?

Same way the govt was a major player in the hotel biz in the 80s and earlier 90s before private capital took over, what can we say about the magt of big hotels like concord, hotel presidential, federal palace hotel and their likes? Govt should face its biz of being an effective regulator, while it’s encourage private capitals in most sectors of the economy

we have reputable names like agap, majex and many other elites who re into pharmacy and clinics and hospitals as well from mbaise..

But thing is, if they build these world class facilities, can the average mass afford them?

They have to think about their gains and profits first as business men before thinking of charity and serving the populace..
Our health insurance policies is poor bro..

Gorvernment has to keep managing and subsidizing the health sector for now until our standard of living improve
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by greenandy: 12:21am On Jul 02, 2020
seankafor:
why u dey carry this orlu and okigwe for head like gala?

Are they the only improvished LGA in IMO state?

Why is no one talking of obowo LGA?

You have to talk about Obowo if it’s your hometown. God helps those who help themselves.

Provided you are not one of those who were fed fat with falsehood that state capital must be developed first by governors before any other place in a state.

But Orlu and Okigwe are not on the same table with Obowo, you know that, of course.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 2:04pm On Jul 02, 2020
SmartPolician:

You sound like a Rochas' propagandist, which no reasonable person should take seriously

You are the person that should not be taken serious. I speak and act based on my rational judgement.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
greenandy:

You want to receive insults from me, the way others heap insults on you?

Only a fool would say that I am not from Orlu.

You Abia man, go home, Okorocha your mentor is no more in charge of any where in Imo state.

Tell him to start placing his Constituency projects in Orlu zone if he is still representing the zone..

You must be stupid if you said so. I've been warning you to stop using Orlu name in your madness display and you don't want to heed until you see the consequences. Just wait and see.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by greenandy: 5:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
B2mario:

You must be stupid if you said so. I've been warning you to stop using Orlu name in your madness display and you don't want to heed until you see the consequences. Just wait and see.

You now issue threats, monkey.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 02, 2020
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by greenandy: 7:56pm On Jul 02, 2020
sanctity454:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyCGYTKoY04

Only Owerri is Imo state for deluded, mentally deranged or foxy people.

Those who created Imo as a state expected beautiful development infrastructures to also exist in Orlu and Okigwe areas to usher in private developers with beautiful edifices to showcase.

Enough.

Mentally deranged people still support all tertiary education institutions in Imo state to be in or nearest Owerri, public water supply system and boulevards only for Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 8:16pm On Jul 02, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Rochas son-in-law was the *people's choice"?... Abeg, which people?

We the imolites
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 8:48pm On Jul 02, 2020
B2mario:

We the imolites
guy, how do.you feel saying these things?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2020
seankafor:
it is obvious he has a subpar thinking

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2020
POWER SUPPLY BOOST TO IMO AS IMO STATE GOVERNMENT MOVES TO BRING 330KV POWER LINE TO THE STATE.

The Imo state Goverment has concluded plans to ensure that the two power plants attracted by His Excellency Distinguished senator Hope Uzodimma during his time as senator representing Orlu zone are up and running so as to provide adequate power supply to Imo state and neigbouring communities.

The two plants which are
First in line is the ihiala 2 x 60MVA transformers already fully installed waiting for line connection from Alaoji - Owerri - Ihiala - Onitsha 330kv line.
Another 330KV line takes off from Ihiala to Orlu Ststion
Where 2 × 60MVA Transformers have also been fully installed and ready to transmit.
The team also showed the 3rd Station as the Nnewi 330kv line runnig to Isiekenesi and Okigwe with a 2x60MVA transformers each.

The power project team headed by the SA Power and Energy to the Governor Comr. Sam Chuks Nwaire accompanied by Engr. Joseph Ejidoh of Niger Delta Power Holding Company
from Abuja who went on the onsite visit for assessment of the power plants to ascertain a high level of work carried out.

The overall purpose of this exercise is to restore reliable and adequate power to Imo state in general.

#HopeNewAndElectronicMediaCenter

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by greenandy: 10:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
sanctity454:
POWER SUPPLY BOOST TO IMO AS IMO STATE GOVERNMENT MOVES TO BRING 330KV POWER LINE TO THE STATE.

The Imo state Goverment has concluded plans to ensure that the two power plants attracted by His Excellency Distinguished senator Hope Uzodimma during his time as senator representing Orlu zone are up and running so as to provide adequate power supply to Imo state and neigbouring communities.

The two plants which are
First in line is the ihiala 2 x 60MVA transformers already fully installed waiting for line connection from Alaoji - Owerri - Ihiala - Onitsha 330kv line.
Where 2 × 60MVA Transformers have also been fully installed and ready to transmit.
The team also showed the 3rd Station as the Nnewi 330kv line runnig to Isiekenesi and Okigwe with a 2x60MVA transformers each.

The power project team headed by the SA Power and Energy to the Governor Comr. Sam Chuks Nwaire accompanied by Engr. Joseph Ejidoh of Niger Delta Power Holding Company
from Abuja who went on the onsite visit for assessment of the power plants to ascertain a high level of work carried out.

The overall purpose of this exercise is to restore reliable and adequate power to Imo state in general.

Good things — Mbakwe era-like development things - are beginning to come to Imo state.

Since 2007, Imo has had governors like Ohakim who built Boulevard like YarAdu road in Owerri and another Boulevard in his village, as achievement, and Okorocha who was telling anyone who cared to listen that he was building his dear state capital city, Owerri, to international standard.

Ohakim and Okorocha never knew that no modern town without public water supply and adequate supply of electricity, deserves the name, city.
It’s hard to understand how those two governors believed that once they built on the state capital, they developed Imo state.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dedetwo(m): 10:51pm On Jul 02, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

The girl did a nice job. I hope she infuses some Igbo language into it next time.

Did anybody find it awkward that all the tunnels and overhead bridges Rocha's built are considered "impassable" by imolites? So those structures are just a waste of taxpayer's fund?

Anyone also notice the beauty of Concorde Avenue? A closer look will reveal that the beauty is due to both the state of the road and THE GREEN ENVIRONMENT, I was expecting the planting of trees to extend beyond the avenue unfortunately it didn't.

Another beautiful road is the one leading to Rochas College junction, which is due to the white markings on the road.

Please, who knows the name of those trees in the middle of the road with branches pointing upwards, and why ain't they removing the ones that have fallen down?

This is a video that exposes the true state of Owerri and aside the duplicity of hotels, I sure am not impressed at all. You will notice that aside the major roads, the inner roads in most areas ain't tarred. If the state capital is like this, one can only begin to imagine the rot in the other parts of the state.

Are there even factories/industries in Imo state/Owerri at all?

Let me quickly add this, from what I see in the video, most drivers in Owerri need driving lessons or its probably because the roads are scanty. A lot of driving errors that will have caused your car to be bashed numerous times if you ever drove like that in a city like Lagos.

#ImoStateWillBeBetter#

Yet some goons will navigate to this forum to emphasize the good job Okoroawusa performed in Imo State. Okoroawusa tenure as the governor of Imo State was the most wasteful of all governors. It was during the jackass's reign that Imo State academically fell out of first 4 in Nigeria. What a dunce. I had rather send him to his forbearer than praise the fool.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by greenandy: 11:02pm On Jul 02, 2020
But I don’t get the gist: power plants or power lines?

Alaoji is a 330kv power station supplied by power plants elsewhere.

Ihiala to Owerri, or to Orlu, is also a power line, not a power plant.
Both power lines depend on electricity supply from existing power plants in Nigeria.

If Mbakwe’s Electricity POWER PLANT in central location Amaraku, can now be built anew to make Imo state less dependent on national power plants, that would be great.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by greenandy: 11:12pm On Jul 02, 2020
B2mario:

We the imolites
Abia state guy,
Shorrup. Ignore the false votes for your mentor, incumbent governor Okorocha for his son-in-law during the guber election.

Having Uche Nwosu succeed gov Rochas Okorocha is like having Okorocha continue as Imo state governor for a 3rd term.
Develop more sense.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:45pm On Jul 02, 2020
seankafor:

@Seankafor and asha80, I believe the guy is just pulling our legs, just like the guy that talked about Southeast accepting all the Almajiris.

I've not really stayed in Owerri town for long, I'll love to know something

Does Owerri have government water flowing? As in, people in Owerri don't dig boreholes rather connect to government water?

I've been hearing the statement fly around in this thread, I need confirmation. Last time I passed through water board in Owerri, it was looking empty and dilapidated, and I remember Rochas refusing to pay them because they weren't doing anything. So, which government water exactly does Owerri have?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:50pm On Jul 02, 2020
sanctity454:

The two plants which are

Ihiala 60MVa and Nnewi 330kv line... I believe those are the sites that stations are located. Then, why does the heading say it was attracted by Hope during his tenure as senator? Is it because they pass through Orlu?

The senators under whose constituency Ihiala and Nnewi fall can also make the same claim and will be rightly justified unlike attaché by force which Hope is doing.

He should just stop attaching his name to stuffs just to score invisible political points

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by greenandy: 12:15am On Jul 03, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

@Seankafor and asha80, I believe the guy is just pulling our legs, just like the guy that talked about Southeast accepting all the Almajiris.

I've not really stayed in Owerri town for long, I'll love to know something

Does Owerri have government water flowing? As in, people in Owerri don't dig boreholes rather connect to government water?

I've been hearing the statement fly around in this thread, I need confirmation. Last time I passed through water board in Owerri, it was looking empty and dilapidated, and I remember Rochas refusing to pay them because they weren't doing anything. So, which government water exactly does Owerri have?

Let me reply before you get bamboozled with false narratives:

One of the first acts of former governor Emeka Ihedioha was commission job for reactivating of Owerri regional surface water supply project built by Mbakwe government.
People in Owerri sink private water boreholes since around 2010 when Owerri regional surface water supply system went down due to government neglect.

Gov Hope Uzodinma is fast completing the reactivation work but was stalled by political vandals who recently vandalized many equipments of the water supply system, as parts of Owerri started to get treated pipe borne water supply from the system.

Owerri regional surface water supply system supplies about six of the nine local government areas in Owerri zone.

Ihedioha’s sin was never talk of the similar surface water supply projects of Okigwe and Orlu zones. Okigwe regional surface water supply project is lying in coma because Ohakim could not circulate water from it after he invited then President Yar’Adua who commissioned Okigwe regional surface water supply project in 2008. But the huge water supply pipes and other equipment are mostly intact from Amuro Okigwe to most of the local government areas of Okigwe zone.

Mbakwe government completed feasibility studies on Orlu regional surface water supply project to take off from Njaba river, to supply treated pipe borne water to most of the local government areas in Orlu zone, but he refused to start work on Orlu regional surface water supply project because of political rivalry from Colins Obih from Dikenafai in Ideato South of Orlu zone. Obih wanted to stop Mbakwe for second term so that Obih would become governor.

Before long, about six local government areas of Owerri zone shall start once again to enjoy treated public water supply.

IMSG needs to actualize Okigwe and Orlu regional surface water supply projects to induce development in the two zones. No modern person shall elect to live permanently in Orlu and Okigwe areas without a sustainable public water supply system while treated pipe borne water flows in Owerri zone. No meaningful development projects can stay in those areas as well.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Chibuzo15: 12:39am On Jul 03, 2020
If I'm right @greenandy is @kikake , I want to ask a question. Why do you put so much importance in water supply, that you believe it's the reason Owerri is attracting lots of people.

I actually believe other things like electricity, jobs and good roads would attract people more

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by greenandy: 8:33am On Jul 03, 2020
Chibuzo15:
If I'm right @greenandy is @kikake , I want to ask a question. Why do you put so much importance in water supply, that you believe it's the reason Owerri is attracting lots of people.

I actually believe other things like electricity, jobs and good roads would attract people more

If you had known the difference between TREATED pipe borne water and UNTREATED water from water boreholes you consume, you would not have written what you wrote above.
Many people who can afford it drink bottled water in Nigeria, but leave the poor majority to consume untreated water from either boreholes or streams.

Average Life expectancy is above 70 in the developed world where people consume TREATED water from public water supply, but average Life expectancy goes below 45 in Nigeria where most people consume untreated water from boreholes or streams. In the developed world, authorities can not cut off public water supply system from any household without a long notice. But residents combat authorities trying to build roads with nuisance values in their areas.
Providing treated pipe borne water supply system is most expensive, compared to building roads.
Nigeria’s inept and corrupt leaders who can’t provide treated pipe borne water must have conditioned your mind.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.