Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2408741 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (1020) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 2:21am On Dec 29, 2020

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 3:49am On Dec 29, 2020
Abagworo:

The roads in Orlu are not bad. I moved around and why I didn't want to post photos is because whatever photos I might post will still be remnants of Okorocha's legacy without improvements. It will seem like a campaign for him or against Uzodinma.
Post the pictures abeg, this thread is not Hopism fans page
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:10am On Dec 29, 2020
Amah70:

You will cry IMSG’s inhumanity to its subjects any day you branch out of these four streets in Orlu into the dozens of mud/dust streets of Orlu inhabited by humans.

I have videos and pictures from both streets of Orlu urban and villages. They are better than other parts of the State. I suspect a lot of NDDC projects meant to spread across were cornered to Orlu and Mbano because I saw a lot of tarred inner rural roads compared with other parts of the State I visited like Ngor-Okpala.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OruExpress: 7:14am On Dec 29, 2020
If you have pictures, post them. Nobody cares about politicians. Your contributions kept this thread strong for years

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 29, 2020
Abagworo:

I have videos and pictures from both streets of Orlu urban and villages. They are better than other parts of the State. I suspect a lot of NDDC projects meant to spread across were cornered to Orlu and Mbano because I saw a lot of tarred inner rural roads compared with other parts of the State I visited like Ngor-Okpala.
Oga post them naa, abi you want make we beg you?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 10:51am On Dec 29, 2020
Abagworo:

The urban roads of NDDC in Amaifeke and Ihioma side of Orlu urban LGA built in 2006/07 - that’s what you had in mind.

But move down towards - between Umuna and Orlu main to Holy Trinity Catholic Cathedral, Bishop Shanahan College, Urban Secondary School along Amaigbo Road, Girls Secondary School - all in Orlu urban LGA, you will see dozens of mud/dust urban roads fully inhabited by people; while successive governors of Imo state demolish and reconstruct Owerri urban roads.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:56pm On Dec 29, 2020
Amah70:

The urban roads of NDDC in Amaifeke and Ihioma side of Orlu urban LGA built in 2006/07 - that’s what you had in mind.

But move down towards - between Umuna and Orlu main to Holy Trinity Catholic Cathedral, Bishop Shanahan College, Urban Secondary School along Amaigbo Road, Girls Secondary School - all in Orlu urban LGA, you will see dozens of mud/dust urban roads fully inhabited by people; while successive governors of Imo state demolish and reconstruct Owerri urban roads.

I went to Amaigbo road. It's not that bad either. Ferma did and is still doing some repairs. I sincerely do not visit the other places you mentioned but we used some short cut from many villages in Orlu to burst through Okporo then Nempi, Omuma, Mgbidi till we got home. I toured from Owerri through Orlu town to Akokwa then Anambra State and while returning we used the Ezinifite road through Orlu then to Oguta. Most communities in these routes are very developed as rural communities whether in Anambra or Imo. This was Banana junction

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:15pm On Dec 29, 2020
Amah70:

Owerri is not a paradise and like Orlu, Lagos or Kafanchan has a lot of dusty or bad unmotorable roads. Orlu zone has not been sidelined one bit in development of Imo State but rather Okigwe zone and Ngor-Okpala with exception of Mbano. Is it this Amaigbo road that you mean or another one?

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 8:55pm On Dec 29, 2020
Abagworo:

Owerri is not a paradise and like Orlu, Lagos or Kafanchan has a lot of dusty or bad unmotorable roads. Orlu zone has not been sidelined one bit in development of Imo State but rather Okigwe zone and Ngor-Okpala with exception of Mbano. Is it this Amaigbo road that you mean or another one?

Read again to note that I specifically mentioned the muddy/dusty urban roads in Orlu that have been nearly fully built with houses on both sides between Umuna pass Urban Secondary School on Amaigbo Road towards Holy Trinity Cathedral, to Bishop Shanahan College, to Girls Secondary School in Orlu urban LGA. More than a dozen of these urban roads were given out for paving and drainage by former governor Amadi Ikwechegh. The contract barely started when Ikwechegh was transferred from Imo state, and the contract was never completely executed till today. Millions of Naira put in and abandoned. If you cared to move out of these four streets expanded in Orlu by Okorocha government, you should see the rotting gutters built by Ikwechegh’s government then.

This Amaigbo Road you posted here is about 500 meters expanded by Okorocha government which did not go beyond St Joseph Catholic Church but should have gone all the way to the end of Orlu urban LGA in Exiachi side.

By the way, a government pays more attention to a place where government institutions of development are located. In the absence of any tertiary education institutions of government with population in, or near Orlu urban LGA, like government converting the university in Ideato or Nkwerre proposed by Okorocha government, it’s hard for the governments of these days to look into urban development of Orlu and pavement of those dusty/muddy streets of Orlu, as Owerri expanded recently and consumes the attention of government. Above all, a multi faculty government university is the engineer of human and economic development in area located. It’s foul play to restrict the advantages of closeness to multi faculty government university to Owerri and its natives alone, and in the process jam pack too many young students in Owerri for criminal gangs to exploit. This has been the discourse.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 30, 2020
New owerri neighborhood

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 30, 2020
A new fitness center
Best way supermarket
CEO bar

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 30, 2020
Concord boulevard

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 30, 2020
Overlooking port Harcourt road which is under construction. All I see is huge prospect of an emerging city

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 2:11pm On Dec 30, 2020
sanctity454:
Overlooking port Harcourt road which is under construction. All I see is huge prospect of an emerging city
somehow we don't know the importance of trees

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2020
asha80:
somehow we don't know the importance of trees
I think an NGO supported by the office of the first lady can plant trees effortlessly

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 7:51pm On Dec 30, 2020
Office of the First Lady can initiate tree planting beginning from towns in her native Ideato nation, to state capital, to Oru East LGA, and to other places in Imo state that need afforestation.
Charity begins at home.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by AKswift: 8:29pm On Dec 30, 2020
Amah70:
Office of the First Lady can initiate tree planting beginning from towns in her native Ideato nation, to state capital, to Oru East LGA, and to other places in Imo state that need afforestation.
Charity begins at home.

Bros, your rants are now annoying. Charity begins at home; so, how many trees have you planted in your village? This initiative does not require laborious paper work, least do something for this Orlu zone you have been ranting since the inception of this thread. Come on, bro! Let’s enjoy this space without your cliche on orlu, joor!

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2020
AKswift:

Bros, your rants are now annoying. Charity begins at home; so, how many trees have you planted in your village? This initiative does not require laborious paper work, least do something for this Orlu zone you have been ranting since the inception of this thread. Come on, bro! Let’s enjoy this space without your cliche on orlu, joor!

If you are not blind, did I mention Orlu there?

I have been contributing to private initiatives to build urban roads and drainage in my Orlu, while our commonwealth goes nearly 90% to demolishing and rebuilding in Owerri.
If you had a head, you should have understood that the poster intended the First Lady to organize planting trees in Owerri, something past governors Ohakim, Okorocha and Ihedioha also did in Owerri.
Is governing state capital but ignore rest of the state the reason why states were created in Nigeria?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 9:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
@Akswift

Owerri Municipal Local government authorities are supposed to plant trees in Owerri Municipal council area, not the duty of any state government organ, nonetheless, the office of the First Lady of the state.
Imo state government has duty to govern the entire Imo state - all things being equal.
It’s unconstitutional to not use the federal allocations of the state and its local government areas to provide infrastructures for the local government areas of the state, but indulge in using most of the funds for development in the state capital.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 31, 2020
Closer looksof everyday supermarket located at imsu junction at formal ministry of works, okigwe road owerri.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 6:38am On Dec 31, 2020
I'm willing to say that Owerri has more groceries per capita than anywhere in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 31, 2020
Ikengawo:
I'm willing to say that Owerri has more groceries per capita than anywhere in Nigeria.
I think lagos retains that spot for now, owerri is seriously trying in that regards, am waiting for skymall at Akwakuma orlu road to get completed.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 5:21pm On Dec 31, 2020
[quote author=sanctity454 post=97576613]
I think lagos retains that spot for now, owerri is seriously trying in that regards, am waiting for skymall at Akwakuma orlu road to get completed.[/quote

per capita though? While Lagos has the most by far, it seems that Owerri's number is high for its population and size

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 31, 2020
[quote author=Ikengawo post=97590724][/quote]
Yes owerri is making serious in road in grocery retail business, but population density in owerri has tripled in the last 5 years, putting a lot of pressure on its infrastructure.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by onuman: 8:33pm On Dec 31, 2020
From posts here, Imo state governments need to take every group along, make amends here and there. Peter Obi,s devt spread in Anambra state is outstanding. Uli and Igbariam have Anambra state university, not Onitsha or Awka or Nnewi.
If we have all in Awka and flaunts Awka,s development, its a call for inter community fights in Anambra. Blame bad leadership in Imo.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 8:41pm On Dec 31, 2020
Please, does anyone have any information on port-hacourt road? Does the governor have any plan for that road in terms of putting it in good shape? I pity some of the hotels that are in tat axis.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 10:13pm On Dec 31, 2020
sanctity454:

Yes owerri is making serious in road in grocery retail business, but population density in owerri has tripled in the last 5 years, putting a lot of pressure on its infrastructure.

interesting, thanks for sharing
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 10:18pm On Dec 31, 2020
sanctity454:

Apt in bolded.

Population of Owerri tripping in the last 5 years was architected by Rochas Okorocha’s inept government policy of concentration of government development landmarks in Owerri in 8 years. He boasted openly about his investing 65% of capital development budgeted funds of IMSG on Owerri in Owerri where he now lives.

Okorocha has an imaginary enemy in Orlu Municipal LGA, even before he became governor; therefore, as governor, he reduced Orlu urban LGA to rural area, except expansion of 4 streets in Orlu leading to the major road to his hometown in Ogboko, in Ideato South LGA, the four streets some one has shown here during the past 8 years as Okorocha’s development in Orlu urban LGA.

Of course, Okorocha’s refusal to place commensurate development infrastructures in Orlu to hold population in Orlu, resulted as well, to his refusal of same commensurate government infrastructures to other urban centers in Imo state, as he told all : “I am building our dear state capital city to international standard.”

Result: population influx from Orlu and Okigwe zones to Owerri.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BastardWike: 10:27pm On Dec 31, 2020
sanctity454:

Owerri is actually one of the fastest growing cities in Nigeria. Owerri metropolitan area has already overtaken Enugu as shown by this report I attached here. Unfortunately, the succeeding state governors are not building infrastructure to match with the population growth, instead all we get are mad people that keep destroying the little they meet on ground.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BastardWike: 10:37pm On Dec 31, 2020
onuman:
From posts here, Imo state governments need to take every group along, make amends here and there. Peter Obi,s devt spread in Anambra state is outstanding. Uli and Igbariam have Anambra state university, not Onitsha or Awka or Nnewi.
If we have all in Awka and flaunts Awka,s development, its a call for inter community fights in Anambra. Blame bad leadership in Imo.

Don't be decieved, the only higher institution Imo State government built in Owerri is IMSU. The state poly is in Umuagwo, a rural community in Orlu zone while Imo State teaching hospital was also built in Orlu town.

You shouldn't encourage a noise maker, if any zone has a case, it is actually Okigwe and never Orlu.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 10:55pm On Dec 31, 2020
It’s been a very long time I visited this thread o!!

Abagworo still dey Nairaland? cheesy grin

I am presently in my hometown in Orlu. Nothing has really changed. Ihiala road to Orlu is in shambles except the Anambra axis which has a smooth road down to Isseke.
Is it a curse to have governors from Orlu? Why is Orlu still the way it is? What is the Supreme Court governor doing to repair the road that leads to his Omuma?

This is very shameful.

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 11:07pm On Dec 31, 2020
BastardWike:

Owerri is actually one of the fastest growing cities in Nigeria. Owerri metropolitan area has already overtaken Enugu as shown by this report I attached here. Unfortunately, the succeeding state governors are not building infrastructure to match with the population growth, instead all we get are mad people that keep destroying the little they meet on ground.

Destroying Okorocha’s roundabouts that obstruct vision of motorists in Owerri is not madness in the present governor.

Replacing ancestral Eke Owerri market with modem market stalls by the present governor is not madness. Who converts a building started as market stalls to a 1000 bed hospital, when 27 Uncompleted General hospitals and moribund teaching hospital are not completed?

Through his recent proclamation of extension of modern development to other urban and rural areas in Imo state, the present governor has deviated from Okorocha’s formula of attracting population influx to Owerri from Orlu and Okigwe zones he denied development infrastructures.

It’s only persons like you with vested interest in Owerri who can associate madness to what the present governor is doing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (1020) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.