Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (672) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2403253 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by hedonister: 8:39am On Dec 27, 2020
Amah70:

Lol.
Talk here is about concentrating all government tertiary education institutions in Imo in one area - Owerri, but you rambled about Orlu having international market, school of nursing and half of properties in Owerri being owned by people from Orlu zone.

And you see yourself as normal?

That aside.

1) Imo state university teaching hospital Orlu is not a university. When it functioned, about 400 medical students from Owerri main campus were coming to the teaching hospital for practical.

2) if 48-53% of properties in Owerri are owned by people from Orlu zone, less than 0.001% of properties in Orlu are owned by people from Owerri zone.
Dont you already see that as abnormal?

Owerri is distinct from Orlu - only relationship between both is they share Imo state together.

Owerri people know that Owerri is distinct from Orlu, that’s why Owerri people lobbied and watched all six tertiary education institutions of government in Imo State located in Owerri - no consideration for Orlu.

Because Owerri holds nearly all modern development institutions and amenities of government in Imo state, people from Orlu zone are constrained to abandon their hometowns to buy property and settle in Owerri.

Cost of landed properties in Owerri is hundred times the cost of landed properties in Orlu area.

People from Orlu are subjected to the double jeopardy of life in building and maintaining two living houses - one in Owerri where modern development institutions and amenities are in tripes or quadruple, then build another native house in Orlu zone where modern development institutions and amenities of government are quasi disallowed.

Why did former governor Ihedioha cancel all the new universities established in Orlu zone by Okorocha, but Ihedioha instructed that Imsu be expanded in Owerri in defiance of his government committee recommendations to use Eastern Palm university in Ideato for Imsu. Because Owerri people see Orlu as distinct from Owerri.

At the root of all these jeopardy for people in Orlu zone is the absurd location of government institutions that induce modern development only in Owerri area in Imo state.

Moderate the imbalance through locating a multi faculty government university in Orlu zone, modernize the towns in Orlu zone to make them attractive even for people of Owerri zone to settle, before we start to build skyscrapers in Owerri but make Orlu and Okigwe go extinct.
While i agree that development should be spread, i'm amiss to why people think this is an Imo only problem. We all know how in Nigeria, almost everything tends to go to the state capital and Imo is no exception. Owerri s attracting all these because it's the capital of the state. As it stands orlu and Okigwe cannot compete with Owerri the way you guys want. Btw,if we're talking of spreading development, then we can't also limit it to Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe. We have Ohaji-Egbema which happens to be the largest local government in Imo state with nothing much to show for it. I think the area should also be considered when moving institutions out of Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SGANIVA(m): 9:53am On Dec 27, 2020
orlu is one the biggest towns in igbo land with fare infrastructure ,and orlu is better than many cities in Nigeria . I always see how orlu is neglected only on nairaland ,orlu big town with beautiful ladies

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 10:00am On Dec 27, 2020
hedonister:

While i agree that development should be spread, i'm amiss to why people think this is an Imo only problem. We all know how in Nigeria, almost everything tends to go to the state capital and Imo is no exception. Owerri s attracting all these because it's the capital of the state. As it stands orlu and Okigwe cannot compete with Owerri the way you guys want. Btw,if we're talking of spreading development, then we can't also limit it to Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe. We have Ohaji-Egbema which happens to be the largest local government in Imo state with nothing much to show for it. I think the area should also be considered when moving institutions out of Owerri.

The concept of “almost everything going to the state capital” is grossly abused in Imo state.

That concept is however false. In countries like the USA where Nigeria borrowed delineation of federating units from, there is no special attention paid to state capitals. In fact, many of the US state capitals are less developed than other cities in the same state.

Nigeria’s military dictators who created states also created senatorial districts for decentralization of development projects. It’s only in a few states, unarguably led by Imo, where crooks created the concept of everything to the state capital.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by FACE(m): 11:52am On Dec 27, 2020
Amah70:

THE HATE-MONGERS OF IMO STATE lobbied for, or watched all government institutions that induce development, including futo, Imsu, aifce, polynekede, fercolat, to be in one Owerri area, still fight against having government presence anywhere else in Imo state outside Owerri.

AICE campus in Orlu was closed down after the hate mongers lobbied a new military governor to close the campus.

Imo state has no university teaching hospital in Orlu because of the sabotage of the hate mongers.
Construction of Orlu urban roads and drainage system contract was sabotaged by the hate mongers of Imo state - the job was not completed till today.

Probably replying the same person of many many monikers.

You are clearly paranoid and all your points are dustbin worthy. Owerri people, Owerri people; who are these Owerri people forcing everybody to locate everything in Owerri?

Your useless points can be thrashed by half a moniker, let alone multiple monikers. I know you are a troll, who spent the whole of Christmas on Nairaland typing rubbish so this is my last response to you.

I have been here since 2007 and have only managed less than 800 posts, so that should indicate to you the amount of time I have, let alone dedicating my time responding to trolls.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by rtdCivilservant: 12:51pm On Dec 27, 2020
Amah70:

A primitive man has more honor than a piimp in the comity of civilized people.
You are ready to quench defending your brothel and hotel business in Owerri.

Industrialists and other business people, as well as vacation tourists mostly lodge in hotels.
Is there any industry or business of repute in Owerri?
Is there any Disney Island in Owerri?
Is there any curative stream in Owerri?

Why would anyone choose Owerri for tourism destination? Answer.
Even a child in the kindergarten can tell you that your hotels and brothels in Owerri are mostly for prostituting the hundreds of thousands of of young students clustered in Owerri.

I can’t stop reading you from your numerous monikers here.

U keep saying same thing over and over. As a sensible man that I want to assume that u are, do u think what u are saying makes any sense? Why not leave the thread if u don't have anything meaningful to say, just look at how u have been spamming this beautiful thread with ur rubbish talks.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 1:15pm On Dec 27, 2020
FACE:

You are clearly paranoid and all your points are dustbin worthy. Owerri people, Owerri people; who are these Owerri people forcing everybody to locate everything in Owerri?

Your useless points can be thrashed by half a moniker, let alone multiple monikers. I know you are a troll, who spent the whole of Christmas on Nairaland typing rubbish so this is my last response to you.

I have been here since 2007 and have only managed less than 800 posts, so that should indicate to you the amount of time I have, let alone dedicating my time responding to trolls.

Sharraaaap.

Who are you trying to convince that you are not same and same person with different monikers?

You are crazy with the idea of eating what is meant for you and others, and expect them to keep quiet.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 8:23pm On Dec 27, 2020
rtdCivilservant:

U keep saying same thing over and over. As a sensible man that I want to assume that u are, do u think what u are saying makes any sense? Why not leave the thread if u don't have anything meaningful to say, just look at how u have been spamming this beautiful thread with ur rubbish talks.

“What’s the origin of the word prick” is a post you created on Nairaland earlier this year.

You are from Imo state, considering the other posts you created.

Pimps are misusing our impressionable underage and early age students clustered in hundreds of thousands in Owerri through clustering 6 tertiary education institutions in Imo in Owerri but nothing outside Owerri.

You came for a roforofo fight here aimed to sustain the pimping and prostitution business in Owerri.

All of you in this business....of brothels and pimping in Owerri....

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BastardWike: 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2020
Amah70:

[s]

“What’s the origin of the word prick” is a post you created on Nairaland earlier this year.

You are from Imo state, considering the other posts you created.

Pimps are misusing our impressionable underage and early age students clustered in hundreds of thousands in Owerri through clustering 6 tertiary education institutions in Imo in Owerri but nothing outside Owerri.

You came for a roforofo fight here aimed to sustain the pimping and prostitution business in Owerri.

All of you in this business....of brothels and pimping in Owerri....[/s]

Continue disgracing yourself...... Psychopath
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 9:12pm On Dec 27, 2020
Owerri

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 9:12pm On Dec 27, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 9:13pm On Dec 27, 2020

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 9:14pm On Dec 27, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 9:16pm On Dec 27, 2020
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 9:17pm On Dec 27, 2020
Akachi Estates

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 9:18pm On Dec 27, 2020

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 9:18pm On Dec 27, 2020
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 9:20pm On Dec 27, 2020
Nekede, Imo State

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 9:21pm On Dec 27, 2020

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 9:35pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ikengawo:
lack of trees
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ikengawo: 10:15pm On Dec 27, 2020

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 11:19pm On Dec 27, 2020
BastardWike:

Continue disgracing yourself...... Psychopath

You have more than 100 monikers on NL, like you have pimping and prostitution rings in Owerri..

It’s Christmas, most of the brothels you call hotels and run in Owerri are empty.

Since ASUU went on long strike, some of the brothels are closing shops.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:46am On Dec 28, 2020
Amah70:

THE HATE-MONGERS OF IMO STATE lobbied for, or watched all government institutions that induce development, including futo, Imsu, aifce, polynekede, fercolat, to be in one Owerri area, still fight against having government presence anywhere else in Imo state outside Owerri.

AICE campus in Orlu was closed down after the hate mongers lobbied a new military governor to close the campus.

Imo state has no university teaching hospital in Orlu because of the sabotage of the hate mongers.
Construction of Orlu urban roads and drainage system contract was sabotaged by the hate mongers of Imo state - the job was not completed till today.

Probably replying the same person of many many monikers.

I toured Imo State this period and I'm still in Imo as I write. Orlu zone has witnessed far more development than the rest of the State contrary to your view. Apart from Orlu zone only Isiala Mbano and Ehime Mbano have seen reasonable development. The most neglected looking are Ngor-Okpala, Ikeduru and Okigwe LGAs. Uzodinma is not doing well in infrastructure as most of the development remains how Okorocha or NDDC left them. Nothing new in Oguta from government. Even the dualisation of Mgbidi-Oguta road started by Okorocha looks abandoned. The quality of work by FERMA at Mgbidi-Ihiala road near Oguta junction won't stand beyond one rainy season.

All in all Imo is not as bad as being circulated on social media but Uzodinma needs to buckle up.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 8:15am On Dec 28, 2020
Abagworo:

I toured Imo State this period and I'm still in Imo as I write. Orlu zone has witnessed far more development than the rest of the State contrary to your view. Apart from Orlu zone only Isiala Mbano and Ehime Mbano have seen reasonable development. The most neglected looking are Ngor-Okpala, Ikeduru and Okigwe LGAs. Uzodinma is not doing well in infrastructure as most of the development remains how Okorocha or NDDC left them. Nothing new in Oguta from government. Even the dualisation of Mgbidi-Oguta road started by Okorocha looks abandoned. The quality of work by FERMA at Mgbidi-Ihiala road near Oguta junction won't stand beyond one rainy season.

All in all Imo is not as bad as being circulated on social media but Uzodinma needs to buckle up.

Your assessment. Anyway.
Issue at stake:
the main catalyst to Industrialization and businesses boom in an area is multi disciplinary government university. It enhances mass education and civic enlightenment in the area located, archives the culture and traditions of the area located; in fact, its advantages are inumerable.
Orlu, Owerri and Okigwe were the urban centers of Imo state from beginning.
Imo state can’t continue to have all 3 multi disciplinary universities of government in Owerri but nothing in Orlu which has nearly half the population of Owerri; worse, as the too many students clustered in Owerri give the prostitution capital of Nigeria name to Owerri.

Former governor Okorocha must have understood the foregoing when he started moves for a government university in Ideato followed by his last minute efforts in Nkwerre and other places.

A multi disciplinary government university in Ideato or Nkwere can easily enhance the business and industrial profile of Orlu and nearby LGAs.
You can imagine why someone from Owerri here has, all the time, been calling Orlu a backwater place and sang “obodo n’ile emepechana...” song at any mention of Orlu.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 28, 2020
Abagworo:

All we want is for imo state to be better.
I personally await your crispy pictures

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BastardWike: 9:08am On Dec 28, 2020
Amah70:

[s]You have more than 100 monikers on NL, like you have pimping and prostitution rings in Owerri..

It’s Christmas, most of the brothels you call hotels and run in Owerri are empty.

Since ASUU went on long strike, some of the brothels are closing shops.[/s]

Efulefu who is ignorant of what he is saying. Hotels in Owerri are mostly fully booked now contrary to your wish.

I can see you're enjoying your nuisance value here but las las you go get sense.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 9:42am On Dec 28, 2020
Amah70:

Lol.
Talk here is about concentrating all government tertiary education institutions in Imo in one area - Owerri, but you rambled about Orlu having international market, school of nursing and half of properties in Owerri being owned by people from Orlu zone.

And you see yourself as normal?

That aside.

1) Imo state university teaching hospital Orlu is not a university. When it functioned, about 400 medical students from Owerri main campus were coming to the teaching hospital for practical.

2) if 48-53% of properties in Owerri are owned by people from Orlu zone, less than 0.001% of properties in Orlu are owned by people from Owerri zone.
Dont you already see that as abnormal?

Owerri is distinct from Orlu - only relationship between both is they share Imo state together.

Owerri people know that Owerri is distinct from Orlu, that’s why Owerri people lobbied and watched all six tertiary education institutions of government in Imo State located in Owerri - no consideration for Orlu.

Because Owerri holds nearly all modern development institutions and amenities of government in Imo state, people from Orlu zone are constrained to abandon their hometowns to buy property and settle in Owerri.

Cost of landed properties in Owerri is hundred times the cost of landed properties in Orlu area.

People from Orlu are subjected to the double jeopardy of life in building and maintaining two living houses - one in Owerri where modern development institutions and amenities are in tripes or quadruple, then build another native house in Orlu zone where modern development institutions and amenities of government are quasi disallowed.

Why did former governor Ihedioha cancel all the new universities established in Orlu zone by Okorocha, but Ihedioha instructed that Imsu be expanded in Owerri in defiance of his government committee recommendations to use Eastern Palm university in Ideato for Imsu. Because Owerri people see Orlu as distinct from Owerri.

At the root of all these jeopardy for people in Orlu zone is the absurd location of government institutions that induce modern development only in Owerri area in Imo state.

Moderate the imbalance through locating a multi faculty government university in Orlu zone, modernize the towns in Orlu zone to make them attractive even for people of Owerri zone to settle, before we start to build skyscrapers in Owerri but make Orlu and Okigwe go extinct.

I will respond to you later when I have enough chance. Let me read news, I'm here now to read news.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 9:46am On Dec 28, 2020
BastardWike:

You're a funny man. Gwagwalada is not attached to Abuja town, you will still drive on the highway before getting to Abuja city. The distance between Gwagwalada and Abuja is a massive 47 killometers! On the other hand, the distance between Owerri and Ulakwo is a mere 16 killometers yet we don't count Ulakwo as part of Owerri because they're completely distinct towns with uninhabited forests demarcating them. However, residential houses, offices etc continue from Owerri city center to places like Orji, Egbu, Naze, Avu, Akwakuma etc. Is ShopRite not located at Egbu?

Places like Lugbe and Kubwa are now considered part of Abuja. I'm talking about Lekki all the way from Admiralty plaza down that are now completely built up and has merged with Lagos, same with areas like Onipanu, Maryland all the way to Ikorodu or Iyana Ipaja areas. All these places have become part of Lagos city but they weren't years ago.

Owerri had just 11,000 people in the 1950's and over the years it has grown beyond Douglas, Wetheral and Ikenegbu layout. Stop confusing yourself.

No, ShopRite is located at Egbu road not Egbu town. But I see all as part of greater Owerri city.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 9:50am On Dec 28, 2020
BastardWike:

Efulefu who is ignorant of what he is saying. Hotels in Owerri are mostly fully booked now contrary to your wish.

I can see you're enjoying your nuisance value here but las las you go get sense.

Overall, l am for extension of government institutions of development to all of Imo state.

You are for sustainment of concentration of government institutions of development in a tiny patch of Imo state - Owerri - because of your most primitive business in Owerri.
A neutral observer should see who is “efulefu,” who has nuisance value, who is a psychopath, who is modern and who is outdated - between me and you.

Your pimping and prostitution business in Owerri has taken away whatever good consciences you had.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 9:58am On Dec 28, 2020
FACE:

Good points.

The amount of venom coming from him is in no way geared towards pursuing government presence in Orlu.

The guy is not one of us. He is a paid agent from the west paid to distract and destroy Rochas' achievement. Now that Rochas is no longer in power he has channelled all his energy in denigrating Owerri. Painting Owerri a brothel city while you and I know that Owerri does not in any way near Lagos, portharcourt, Calabar, Abuja, Kaduna or even Birnin koni in Niger republic in brothel activities.

He's typing from the script given to him by his paid masters. The worst of it is that this guy is not from Imo and I've unknownly to him met him in person. Even his Facebook "Denis Ozuo" account is a fake one.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 1:42pm On Dec 28, 2020
B2mario:

The guy is not one of us. He is a paid agent from the west paid to distract and destroy Rochas' achievement. Now that Rochas is no longer in power he has channelled all his energy in denigrating Owerri. Painting Owerri a brothel city while you and I know that Owerri does not in any way near Lagos, portharcourt, Calabar, Abuja, Kaduna or even Birnin koni in Niger republic in brothel activities.

He's typing from the script given to him by his paid masters. The worst of it is that this guy is not from Imo and I've unknownly to him met him in person. Even his Facebook "Denis Ozuo" account is a fake one.

Loool.
As always - writing out of point.
Always shooting on wrong targets.
When will you learn to discuss on a public forum?

Only a fool would go through my posts here, thereafter write that I am not from Orlu.

You know that reasonable people don’t respond to your comments on NL. I am responding to make you aware, but will not respond to you further.

(1) (2) (3) ... (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.