Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (712) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2399166 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 9:55pm On Jan 28, 2021
Maduawuchukwu:
ESN went to kill 2 soldiers unprovoked and you think they will lie low? When I was condemning ESN some people who are more Igbo and more courageous than us were insulting us and calling us Efulefu. Let them go and show their strength now on Orlu.

ESN? What evidence do you have to say they were ESN? Hearsay?

Nigeria army has not even said they’re fighting against ESN in Orlu. No government has said that.

Except in the two videos circulated about two months ago, about ESN launched in the bush, and about 5 persons carrying heavy rifles wandering in the bushes shortly after, have you seen any ESN man or woman since then?

Where is the bush in Orlu for ESN to hide? None.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by discusant: 10:08pm On Jan 28, 2021
B2mario:

Brother I don't want to take anything into consideration. Our leaders should stand up and protect our lives and properties both at home and outside. Goodluck Jonathan and Amb. Wali made Gov. Aminu Tambuwa what he is today but he left Goodluck Jonathan and protected his northern people's aganda. Our leaders and some of our self acclaimed wise people are the most foolish people I've never seen.

Small thing our governors will invite military to kill their people to show their Hausa/fulani friends that they are detribalised while their counterparts in the north don't do the same rather they use the strength of their youths to subjugate the whole nation. Fulanis have been killing, destroying and issuing threat and no arrest has been made or caution from any of their leaders. On Fridays go close to their mosques and hear how hateful and destructive their preaching can be, yet no invitation or arrest from police but only little criticism from Bishop Mathew Hassan Kukah they threatened him to leave Sokoto, remember they killed his adopted son, an Igbo seminarian from Enugu state. Non of our Igbo leaders made any comment rather condemnation was coming from foreign countries.

Christians' (Igbos') goods (beers) and properties worth of tens of millions of naira are being destroyed not even a governor from southeast has asked question or directed the Kano state government the best way to go about it but let it be done to a fulani the next morning their leaders will visit or issue a threat to the governor of the state where the goods were being destroyed. They've killed our people on countless occasions in Kano, Minna, kaduna and Bornu state non of our governors or Ohaneze leadership did anything. Nowadays they have resorted into kidnapping our buses coming from the east or going to the east non of the governors in the various northern states have come out openly to condemn the act or partake in paying of ransom for the release of the Igbo captives or even invite military as our governors are doing to search for the captives and the kidnappers. The best the northern governors can do is to deny that such thing ever happened even when the evidence is everywhere and our useless governors and leaders will believe them and blame us in the north for lying that such incidence happened.

Do you know how many of our people who were killed because they could not pay ransom? That's why every southeastern state associations have constituted welfare committees for bailing of their people kidnapped by fulani bandits. Infact, most of us here are tired of contributing money but you can't let your people die in the hands of the kidnappers, it may be you tomorrow. And our governors have never for once come in to help us or suggest the way forward to the host governor.

My heart always bleeds whenever I remember how good, resilient, intelligent and hard-working Igbos are treated in this country even from their own. They can't give us job and when we struggle, pass through hells and make it, they will still not allow us rest. Do you know how many prominent Igbos that were killed in Sokoto alone just between October and December? Oga nze was killed because when they kidnapped his wife and children they demanded 2million which the old man provided, his offence was that he removed N5,000 from it to compliment his transport fee. They beat him until he died, they gave the wife and children his corpse.

The reason why ESN was established has it been addressed? You did not go for the criminals rather the people protecting themselves against the criminals. No fulani governor has come out to condemn fulani activities rather they support them and issue threat to anyone trying to stop them. A governor in the north said it one certain time that whoever has killed fulani before whether a security man will definitely pay back with a blood. Another fulani leader justified their kidnapping and banditary activities by saying that they are doing it because government fails to provide jobs. Then the question is, if all the youths from other tribes join kidnapping how will Nigeria thrives?

Why today their governors are condemning banditary activities in the northwest is because it is affecting their people the most. Had it been it is affecting only other tribes they will equally deny that there is nothing like banditary and protect their fulani youths who are perpetrating such negative acts. Go to southern kaduna, Benue and plateau and see how fulanis killed, sacked and occupied other people's land and nothing has been done.

Northern leaders see their youths and masses as their strength while our leaders believe that killing their own people to please their northwestern friends will give them the needed strength not knowing that no Hausa-fulani person will take them as friends because their religion condemns that. They are always seen and known as infidels (kafiri/kayeri). They will only give them presidency when they see that the country is very hot and the youths from other areas are very angry and are ready for war. Yoruba leaders understood this game while our Igbos leaders are idiots and unintelligent.

Fulanis are not invincible as people think, fulanis are the most fearful and cowards in the whole of Nigeria. People that only attack at the night when their opponents are sleeping and in the day call their brothers in military to protect them, what does that thing show you? No fulani will have the liver to confront you face to face. When they shake you and you shake them back they will leave you forever. They can't fight on their own without seeking or hiring fighters from other African tribes. They are very wicked and can't let go but at the same time, cowards. It's Nigerians and leaders that are giving them the space for all these nonsense.

Tell our leaders in the east if they can not fight and defend us we will start fighting for ourselves even here in the north. Whatever plans ESN has for us should equally be extended to the north secretly to defend our people here. I will always pray for them to succeed

I have always supported and wished for true one Nigeria, I have supported Hausa-fulani and Apc government, I have loved fulanis when I did not know them but now I have lived, worked and interacted with them and know that there's no future for this country, injustice and imbalance everywhere. The one Nigeria slogan is a lip service. I have acquired so many certificates and with my rational mind and instinct I will say it without fear or favour that Nigeria does not have future and should be disingrated.

Those of us here who are supporting what's happening in southeast because they want to be seen as the wise men should go back to school or better still help me to tell their parents to go to their schools (from primary to tertiary schools) and demand for the refund of the money they spent because they are educated illiterates.

The learned whites say: the only thing that is needed for evil to thrive is for the wise and good ones to remain silent.

This is really “akwa uwa,” but the politicians are not perturbed - if you like, cry from Sunday till Monday.

Self interest is reason for entering politics by most Igbo politicians.
They aspire for the higher political offices through building phantom development projects where they can easily be seen in the state capital.
The most badly needed development projects are compromised because they are more expensive to procure.

Imo state has seen hell all the time. It has been the worst hit. No insult.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by EndChino: 10:15pm On Jan 28, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Lol

Always angry....and barking but what I said remains the truth.
Goat
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 29, 2021
Dick tiger-Trans Egbu road completed but I don't like the open drains

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 9:12am On Jan 29, 2021
Wonder why I have a bad feeling about this

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 29, 2021
asha80:
That entrance shouldn't be placed there, because it's on curved section of the road, but notwithstanding, that's the entrance to people's home, that spot is kinda a red flag .
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 10:52am On Jan 29, 2021
Please am confused

What extra cost does it require to make this kinda closed drainage?

Like are they trying to cut costs or something by leaving those drainage open?

Is there any advantage of open drainage that our gorvenment can't afford to make our roads looks modern in this 21st century..

Just a concerned imolite sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 29, 2021
seankafor:
Please am confused

What extra cost does it require to make this kinda closed drainage?

Like are they trying to cut costs or something by leaving those drainage open?

Is there any advantage of open drainage that our gorvenment can't afford to make our roads looks modern in this 21st century..

Just a concerned imolite sad
Very little ooo
It won't cost much to use sideways perforated concrete slabs.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Pass11: 11:04am On Jan 29, 2021
asha80:
this road will never last year I swear.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dedetwo(m): 12:45pm On Jan 29, 2021
sanctity454:
Dick tiger-Trans Egbu road completed but I don't like the open drains

I am also concerned with the open gutter. However, why creating a gutter that empties into no place? If the gutters have reservoir or channels where they empty their contents, open gutter would not be much of a sticking point. It sure does not feel soft on the eyes.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:01pm On Jan 29, 2021
Reconstruction work on Orlu-Owerri road has commenced from Banana junction. Uzodinma is getting busy with governance and I'm impressed. Ejiro Igbo agwa ya onyeocha as this thread will also get busy after nearly 2 years hiatus.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 29, 2021
Asphalting operation has commenced on Naze -poly junction section of ihiagwa-nekede road

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 29, 2021
Stone base continues in other sections of the road

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:26pm On Jan 29, 2021
Okigwe town only major road which was scrapped by Ihedioha is being reconstructed and nearing completion by Uzodinma government. Instead of Ihedioha to open new roads to give Okigwe better outlook he destroyed the only existing road which wasn't really bad.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by seankafor(m): 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2021
sanctity454:
Stone base continues in other sections of the road
why are they not clearing the dirts and sands in the gutter?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2021
Abagworo:
Okigwe town only major road which was scrapped by Ihedioha is being reconstructed and nearing completion by Uzodinma government. Instead of Ihedioha to open new roads to give Okigwe better outlook he destroyed the only existing road which wasn't really bad.
The dual carriage way that leads to okigwe stadium has also been awarded to the contractor handling this road

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 29, 2021
seankafor:
I don't know, I believe they will clear it.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 29, 2021
Abagworo:
Reconstruction work on Orlu-Owerri road has commenced from Banana junction. Uzodinma is getting busy with governance and I'm impressed. Ejiro Igbo agwa ya onyeocha as this thread will also get busy after nearly 2 years hiatus.
They're also working from Akwakuma axis, the only downside in this contract is that okigwe -owerri road will be a single carriage way.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 29, 2021
Assumpta -port Harcourt road as at 7pm today, Hope take style the surprise me

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by huncho22(m): 10:00am On Jan 30, 2021
seankafor:

Nna ehh I just tire

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 30, 2021
IMO PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY GETS FIRST OIL BLOCK, SET FOR MINING

By Collins Ughalaa

The Imo State Petroleum Development Company, an oil and gas exploration and mining company owned by the State Government, has acquired its first ever oil block and now set to commence oil mining, having participated and won the bid for the award of the oil block.

This was contained in a letter from the Department of Petroleum Resources of the Ministry of Petroleum, Abuja, and addressed to the Managing Director/CEO of the Company, dated January 22, 2021, and signed by the Director of the Department of Petroleum Resources, Engr. Saraki Auwalu, titled: 2020 MARGINAL FIELD BID ROUND (MFBR) EXERCISE: SIGNATURE BONUS PAYMENT CURRENCY DENOMINATION.

The letter, among other things reads: "Further to our letter of 16th December 2020 .... notifying you of your status in the ongoing MFBR exercise, please be informed that Government has decided to accept the payment of Signature Bonus for the 2020 MFBR in either US dollars or the Nigerian Naira".

It could be recalled that the State Government on July 29, 2020 announced the established the Imo Petroleum Development Company (IPDC), as part of measures to make the State play more meaningfully in the Oil and Gas sector.

The Special Adviser to the Governor and Coordinator Petroleum and Gas Matters, Rt. Hon. Goodluck Nanah Opiah, disclosed the formation of the State owned oil producing company while fielding questions from journalists in Owerri, assuring that the establishment would lead to massive job creation for the teaming population of youths in the state and enhance government revenue.

Opiah said that the State owned oil company was established about 20 years as a major player in the Oil Gas sector for the State, noting that Governor Hope has increased the share capital of the Company to 10 billion shares.

He added that the Company would bid for Oil Mining License (OML) and engage in oil exploration activities and mining.

He added that the oil producing company had partnered with Oak Company, a company based in the United States of America, for the establishment of a refinery in Ohaji/Egbema Local Government Area during the Ikedi Ohakim, stressing that the deal could not sail through partly because of the restiveness in the Niger Delta region which forced the US Government to place travel restrictions on the states in the Niger Delta, which also led the Oak Company to pull out of the deal.

According to Opiah, the Imo Petroleum Development Company will also establish refineries in addition to prospecting for Oil and Gas. He also disclosed that the Company will engage in the production of petrochemical products beside oil production.

Speaking on the acquisition of the oil block, Opiah who spoke to journalists in Owerri on Friday said it was in fulfilment of Governor Hope Uzodimma's pledge to make the State a major player in the oil and gas sector. He added that the Governor's selfless interest in the sector had started yielding tremendous results, calling on the people of the State to rally round the Governor to serve as the incentive to do more.

What's your take on this?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 11:56am On Jan 30, 2021
sanctity454:

By Collins Ughalaa

The Imo State Petroleum Development Company, an oil and gas exploration and mining company owned by the State Government, has acquired its first ever oil block and now set to commence oil mining, having participated and won the bid for the award of the oil block.

This was contained in a letter from the Department of Petroleum Resources of the Ministry of Petroleum, Abuja, and addressed to the Managing Director/CEO of the Company, dated January 22, 2021, and signed by the Director of the Department of Petroleum Resources, Engr. Saraki Auwalu, titled: 2020 MARGINAL FIELD BID ROUND (MFBR) EXERCISE: SIGNATURE BONUS PAYMENT CURRENCY DENOMINATION.

The letter, among other things reads: "Further to our letter of 16th December 2020 .... notifying you of your status in the ongoing MFBR exercise, please be informed that Government has decided to accept the payment of Signature Bonus for the 2020 MFBR in either US dollars or the Nigerian Naira".

It could be recalled that the State Government on July 29, 2020 announced the established the Imo Petroleum Development Company (IPDC), as part of measures to make the State play more meaningfully in the Oil and Gas sector.

The Special Adviser to the Governor and Coordinator Petroleum and Gas Matters, Rt. Hon. Goodluck Nanah Opiah, disclosed the formation of the State owned oil producing company while fielding questions from journalists in Owerri, assuring that the establishment would lead to massive job creation for the teaming population of youths in the state and enhance government revenue.

Opiah said that the State owned oil company was established about 20 years as a major player in the Oil Gas sector for the State, noting that Governor Hope has increased the share capital of the Company to 10 billion shares.

He added that the Company would bid for Oil Mining License (OML) and engage in oil exploration activities and mining.

He added that the oil producing company had partnered with Oak Company, a company based in the United States of America, for the establishment of a refinery in Ohaji/Egbema Local Government Area during the Ikedi Ohakim, stressing that the deal could not sail through partly because of the restiveness in the Niger Delta region which forced the US Government to place travel restrictions on the states in the Niger Delta, which also led the Oak Company to pull out of the deal.

According to Opiah, the Imo Petroleum Development Company will also establish refineries in addition to prospecting for Oil and Gas. He also disclosed that the Company will engage in the production of petrochemical products beside oil production.

Speaking on the acquisition of the oil block, Opiah who spoke to journalists in Owerri on Friday said it was in fulfilment of Governor Hope Uzodimma's pledge to make the State a major player in the oil and gas sector. He added that the Governor's selfless interest in the sector had started yielding tremendous results, calling on the people of the State to rally round the Governor to serve as the incentive to do more.

who actually owns the oil company? How much shares does imsg have in the company?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 30, 2021
asha80:
who actually owns the oil company? How much shares does imsg have in the company?
From what I know the company is government owned like NNPC, which was established during ohakims regime. The company has been moribund until recently it was recapitalized to the torn of 10billion naira.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2021
sanctity454:

From what I know the company is government owned like NNPC, which was established during ohakims regime. The company has been moribund until recently it was recapitalized to the torn of 10billion naira.
done really trust the set up
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 3:01pm On Jan 30, 2021
sanctity454:

By Collins Ughalaa

If it is actually government owned then it's rubbish. Absolute balderdash that will amount to syphoning of public funds operating at a loss like NNPC, ITC, Adapalm and every other business run by government across the world. Uzodinma should withdraw from this nonsense immediately

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 30, 2021
Abagworo:

If it is actually government owned then it's rubbish. Absolute balderdash that will amount to syphoning of public funds operating at a loss like NNPC, ITC, Adapalm and every other business run by government across the world. Uzodinma should withdraw from this nonsense immediately
Instead of discarding it completely, why not let private coys to own 90% of the company. Though I don't support govt diving into business.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 4:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
sanctity454:

Instead of discarding it completely, why not let private coys to own 90% of the company. Though I don't support govt diving into business.

That way it has become privatized with government owning only 10% like Eastern Palm University and Sabmiller.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ex governor Rt Hon Ihedioha commissions a hospital established by an imolite in diaspora

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 30, 2021
Owerri city, investors please oo we need mid rise buildings to spice up the skyline

6 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:36pm On Jan 30, 2021
sanctity454:
Ex governor Rt Hon Ihedioha commissions a hospital established by an imolite in diaspora

This is the front view. Located along Egbu road, Awaka

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:37pm On Jan 30, 2021
sanctity454:
Owerri city, investors please oo we need mid rise buildings to spice up the skyline

The area mapped out for it is commercial district New Owerri.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 30, 2021
Abagworo:

This is the front view. Located along Egbu road, Awaka
I just love how investments keep flowing in, no matter how small

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.