Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,692 members, 7,820,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (857) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2406004 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 11:29pm On Apr 21, 2022
Thanks for your response.

sanctity454:

Rochas okorocha, built cargo terminal, including about 9 warehouses, apron etc, the project was commissioned but was about 90% completed, Hope Uzodinma is trying to complete it now. There's currently no work going on the passenger terminal section as alluded by the commenters.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Javierleon(m): 7:07am On Apr 22, 2022
sanctity454:
Power remains one major hindrance to the development of Okigwe zone and we are taking every step possible to solve the problem. Our determination to curb power shortage in and around our zone is unwavering.

The 60Kw solar mini grid project Which we targeted to power rural Ihitte Uboma communities of Umuchiaku and Lowa not connected to PHCN power grid has been completed.

Also, electric poll installation has commenced from some parts of Obowo LGA. Our target is to fix all power related challenges on or before August 2022.

It's my desire to see that our challenges are being sorted out one step at a time.

Senator Frank Ibezim KSC

If there are about 100 of this in Imo, national grid will be freed for industrial purposes and the solar stations piped to domestic homes. There would be better electricity distribution and availability in IMO.
Is just that our country is bad in sustainability.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2022
Javierleon:

If there are about 100 of this in Imo, national grid will be freed for industrial purposes and the solar stations piped to domestic homes. There would be better electricity distribution and availability in IMO.
Is just that our country is bad in sustainability.

If you've every used solar, you'll know solar alone isn't that sustainable. I believe Imo has gas in abundant supply. The best will be to build small power plants which will use gas to generate electricity. You will only send to national grid when your production gets to a certain amount.

So, the way around it is not to produce up to that megawatts and you'll be safe to use it in your state. These mini power plants can be used to power communities and these communities will pay the state government for it.

There are states in Nigeria using this model. Infact, in Jos, the communities around the mining industries have almost constant electricity because they are connected to the power generated by the mining industries and pay their electricity bills to the mining industries

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2022
Current status of Owerri Orlu road
Street lightening project continues

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Incredibleme: 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2022
These roads are just so underwhelming, don't they see the calibre of constructions in Akwa ibom, Ph and even ebonyi?

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ProudImolite: 9:37pm On Apr 22, 2022
SmartPolician:

IMO, it's about giving Imo State a decent look. When you go to places like Lekki, you see a decent environment different from the one we are used to in Nigeria.

If the US and Europe can have a decent environment, we should replicate it here. That, in my opinion, is the essence. Someone may probably have a better explanation.

@ 1st Pix below: Aren't you tired of seeing this big joke as an estate? The world is moving and we have to keep pace with the trend.

2nd pix, now check out what Lagos State government is building!
Wow
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Javierleon(m): 10:01pm On Apr 22, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

If you've every used solar, you'll know solar alone isn't that sustainable. I believe Imo has gas in abundant supply. The best will be to build small power plants which will use gas to generate electricity. You will only send to national grid when your production gets to a certain amount.

So, the way around it is not to produce up to that megawatts and you'll be safe to use it in your state. These mini power plants can be used to power communities and these communities will pay the state government for it.

There are states in Nigeria using this model. Infact, in Jos, the communities around the mining industries have almost constant electricity because they are connected to the power generated by the mining industries and pay their electricity bills to the mining industries

I agree with you on gas, but I've used solar tech and battery busted after a few months of use cause it domestic and not enterprise grade.
Even our street lights use solar tech and is durable for years. Here in Africa, light is abundant. The cost of using 24/7 solar for 4years is much capital economic than paying for electricity for four years.
Solar is carbon neutral and preserves the environment.

I quote "Nigeria" because we don't do things properly. Rightly installing solar tech will lift off a little megawatts from main grid while providing on-demand electricity for domestic homes and preserve the environment.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ProudImolite: 6:10am On Apr 23, 2022
sanctity454:
Power remains one major hindrance to the development of Okigwe zone and we are taking every step possible to solve the problem. Our determination to curb power shortage in and around our zone is unwavering.

The 60Kw solar mini grid project Which we targeted to power rural Ihitte Uboma communities of Umuchiaku and Lowa not connected to PHCN power grid has been completed.

Also, electric poll installation has commenced from some parts of Obowo LGA. Our target is to fix all power related challenges on or before August 2022.

It's my desire to see that our challenges are being sorted out one step at a time.

Senator Frank Ibezim KSC
I really like this Frank Ibezim guy, I prefer him to Ararume 1 million times, thank you Hope for him
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ProudImolite: 6:14am On Apr 23, 2022
sanctity454:
Current status of Owerri Orlu road
Street lightening project continues
Disappointed, is this the best Craneburg can come up with it Why is it that SE govs love very shabby work , why? Tufiakwa. Just look at road, mtchewww. They better paint and design it well biko
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Grgt0n: 7:58am On Apr 23, 2022
[s]
Grgton:
smell away pig
[/s]

Owerri village pig how are you?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OyiboUgbo04: 8:57am On Apr 23, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OyiboUgbo04: 8:58am On Apr 23, 2022
Aerial view

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 24, 2022
Arsenal golf course holds it's first open tournament
Players from Lagos Bayelsa Port Harcourt etc is participating.
Hope Uzodinma was on ground to do the tee off

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Grgt0n: 10:48am On Apr 24, 2022
You people just pretended that nothing happened, look at what happened in imo state yesterday, but no one has shown concern over it. People like asha80, afonjakids, Grgton, etc, have disappeared, waiting to reappear when they thinks the news has subsized. I won't post the pictures because it is too graphic. Imo people ndo nu on the disaster that has befallen your state.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=146849454524407&id=100075980585058

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by rtdCivilservant: 8:46am On Apr 26, 2022
Grgt0n:
You people just pretended that nothing happened, look at what happened in imo state yesterday, but no one has shown concern over it. People like asha80, afonjakids, Grgton, etc, have disappeared, waiting to reappear when they thinks the news has subsized. I won't post the pictures because it is too graphic. Imo people ndo nu on the disaster that has befallen your state.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=146849454524407&id=100075980585058
So is this now something to gloat about? I wonder how idiots reason. U and ur stupid likes are just here derailing this beautiful thread.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Grgt0n: 10:43am On Apr 26, 2022
You are the one that's stupid and ediotic. Show me anywhere in my post that I gloated. What I asked that for such a loss, you people should be discussing it and the way to avoid future occurrence

[s]
rtdCivilservant:

So is this now something to gloat about? I wonder how idiots reason. U and ur stupid likes are just here derailing this beautiful thread.
[/s]
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 2:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
OyiboUgbo04:
Aerial view

Wonderful

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 27, 2022
Waterfront

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 27, 2022
Random

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 27, 2022
Random pictures

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 27, 2022
Anybody that knows this area is a true ama ala

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 11:14am On Apr 27, 2022
sanctity454:
Random
where?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mrvitalis(m): 11:21am On Apr 27, 2022
sanctity454:
Waterfront
Oguta ?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 27, 2022
mrvitalis:

Oguta ?

Nope Owerri
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2022
asha80:
where?

Owerri Orlu road

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
I just don't fancy solar powered street lightening

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 12:54pm On Apr 28, 2022
sanctity454:
I just don't fancy solar powered street lightening
where is this please

(1) (2) (3) ... (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.