Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh (6664 Views)

Beware Of The Trending Illness; Cough And Nasal Congestion / Dangers Of Taking Codine Cough Syrup By Mi Abaga / All Year Round With Cattarh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh by petokey: 8:29am On Sep 22, 2012
@Moderator, you are doing a wonderful work i appreciate your effort. I have search and found nothing on the topic above. These are common/ minor uncomfortable ailment that affects us(which is affecting me now).
I have running nose, and i sneeze frequently. Infact it is developing to cough right now.

WHAT HAVE I DONE?***
Am the type who prefers injection than drugs. I don't like taking drugs becos it affects my sense of taste for a very long time.
I rub and inhaled rub/balm, and drink diluted hot water. It helps cotail and manage its seriousness, but it has not gone.
Is there any help for people like me to attack this ailment once and for all.
Please if their is any drug or medicine that can treat this ailment please don't fail to post because there might be others who are not like me to whom your prescription will be of great help. Thanks.

I NEED A DOCTOR THAT PRESCRIBE NATURALLY, if you understand what i mean.
Re: Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh by petokey: 1:51pm On Sep 23, 2012
Does that mean there is no remedy for me?
Re: Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh by dominique(f): 4:44pm On Sep 24, 2012
Looks like we're in the same boat. I'm also very prone to flu and i've got horrible dust allergies for most of my life. My own case is hereditary and my extended family members with the same condition outgrow it as they approach middle-age. Growing up, i used all manner of orthodox and alternative remedies to no avail. Now all i use is vit c and heatol balm with menthol inhaler and i'm hanging on till i outgrow the condition cool.
Re: Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh by surveyProf(m): 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2012
^^^
Take lots and lots of water mellow, it helps in preventing flu and others, you do not need to allow it to attack u before u start taking water mellow.
Re: Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh by dominique(f): 11:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
^ you mean watermelon? Thanks for the info anyways.
Re: Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh by petokey: 1:24am On Nov 02, 2012
Unfortunately for me, I have never liked water melon since my childhood. So what will i do? @moderator, why was a post hidden?
Re: Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh by MrsChima(f): 2:27am On Nov 02, 2012
Fruits ad vegetables that are high in vitamin C is good for fighting common cold and flu. It is important that you wash your hands daily when come in contact with the general population and being outside.

Carry sanitizer wipes to clean door handles and public objects. If you have a slight sneeze...take aspirin and real garlic. Garlic has antioxidants that is great for fighting bacterial and viral infections in the body.

Purify your water thoroughly by boiling it and also take one teaspoon of olive oil until you no longer feel that you have a cold or flu. Make sure that you take plenty of rest and cover your body because the heat will allow the cells to work faster...when you are cold or feeling feverish...your body think that your temperature is dropping so therefore it has to go into conservatory mode. In other words...become lazy so that it can preserve your body heat as long as it can before you become hypothermic!

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 02, 2012
There is a difference between having a cold (which is an infection) and allergies which can give you the same sort of symptoms ie runny nose

If you keep on getting the common cold, then you need to boost your immune system and you can do that with a healthy diet, drinking lots of water and exercise. You also need to follow some simple rules such as washing your hands, using an anti bacterial/antiviral to rub your hands etc If you suffer from allergies, then you can consider taking anti-histamines but its best to see a dr to get a proper diagnosis first.
Re: Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh by surveyProf(m): 7:16am On Nov 02, 2012
dominique: ^ you mean watermelon? Thanks for the info anyways.

Yes pls...
Re: Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh by surveyProf(m): 7:27am On Nov 02, 2012
petokey: Unfortunately for me, I have never liked water melon since my childhood. So what will i do? @moderator, why was a post hidden?

Likewise me too, the taste is horriable, u can choose to blend it into liquid and then drink, a glass full daily is okay.
Re: Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh by petokey: 8:57pm On Nov 02, 2012
chaircover: There is a difference between having a cold (which is an infection) and allergies which can give you the same sort of symptoms ie runny nose

If you keep on getting the common cold, then you need to boost your immune system and you can do that with a healthy diet, drinking lots of water and exercise. You also need to follow some simple rules such as washing your hands, using an anti bacterial/antiviral to rub your hands etc If you suffer from allergies, then you can consider taking anti-histamines but its best to see a dr to get a proper diagnosis first.
Then my case is complicated.
The nature of my job is not helping matter at all. I use chalk and chalkboard daily, i don't normally have time for enough rest. And i can't use galic due to its offensive odour, abi u want mey people start to run from me. All the same, thanks to ur advice.
Re: Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh by petokey: 9:01pm On Nov 02, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Fruits ad vegetables that are high in vitamin C is good for fighting common cold and flu. It is important that you wash your hands daily when come in contact with the general population and being outside.

Carry sanitizer wipes to clean door handles and public objects. If you have a slight sneeze...take aspirin and real garlic. Garlic has antioxidants that is great for fighting bacterial and viral infections in the body.

Purify your water thoroughly by boiling it and also take one teaspoon of olive oil until you no longer feel that you have a cold or flu. Make sure that you take plenty of rest and cover your body because the heat will allow the cells to work faster...when you are cold or feeling feverish...your body think that your temperature is dropping so therefore it has to go into conservatory mode. In other words...become lazy so that it can preserve your body heat as long as it can before you become hypothermic!
The nature of my job is not helping matter at all. I use chalk and chalkboard daily, i don't normally have time for enough rest. And i can't use galic due to its offensive odour, abi u want mey people start to run from me. All the same, thanks to ur advice.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh by petokey: 9:02pm On Nov 02, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Re: Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh by chrisj2000(m): 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2012
hi everyone with this condition should start eating fruits and vegetable that are high in vitamin C. lemon and fresh raw tomatoes can knock out that cold within two weeks. i guarantee you it'll work.
Re: Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh by petokey: 7:25pm On Nov 03, 2012
Hmmmm! That looks fair for me. I hope it works. Thanks bro.

And pls guys, whenever i finish eating food that has lot of pepper(like pepper soup), i do have running nose. Is it normal?
Re: Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh by joeyreports: 11:38am On Apr 25, 2017
I have always thought that having flu or an influenza is normal, stress can actually cause tiredness and then flu.............

(1) (Reply)

HELP CURE ACNE: WHERE TO GET ACCUTANE/ISOTRETINOIN PLEASE? / How Much Is Sperm Count Test In Lagos And Area? / Lemon fresh lotion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.