Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Fake Yahoo? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fake Yahoo? (956 Views)

Yahoo Boy Runs Mad In Lagos; Jumps Out Of His Range Rover And Tears Clothes -Pic / Yahoo Boy Runs Mad / I Can't Log Into My Yahoo Mail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fake Yahoo? by fuke(m): 11:13am On Sep 22, 2012
Just got this from my box, supposedly from Yahoo

Last Warning: Verification!
Show Details
Dear Customer,

Due to congestion in all Yahoo! Mail user accounts, there shall be a removal exercise of all used and unused Yahoo! Accounts. Yahoo! Inc would be shutting down several accounts.

You will have to confirm your Yahoo! account. So you are required to logon to your Online Yahoo! Account with the provided link below.

For Immediate access please Click Here

NB: Failure to to update your Yahoo! account will result to a permanent closure.

Thank you for being a loyal Yahoo! Mail user.

We hope you enjoy the newest version of Yahoo! Mail.

David McDowell
Senior Director
Yahoo! Mail Product Management

The link led me to this.

Copyright © 2012 Yahoo! Inc.

This Email is from Yahoo! Customer Care and we are sending it to every Yahoo! Email User Accounts Owner for safety. we are having congestions due to the anonymous registration of Yahoo!!! accounts so we are shutting down some Yahoo! accounts and your account was among those to be deleted. We are send this email to you so that you can verify and let us know if you still want to use this account. If you are still interested please confirm your account. click below to verify your mail.
* Required
YAHOO ID *
PASSWORD *
COUNTRY *
Sex *

Male
Female

This is very unYahoo.
The bad English (some in Red) and the fonts are not yahoo conforming.

My submission. Scammers at work.

NL who receive such mail should discountenance it.

(1) (Reply)

Urgently In Need Of Hardwood Charcoal Buyers/importers Worldwide / Am Confused, What Do I Do?? / Hurray!!! I'm One Year Old On Nairaland Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.