Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,963 members, 7,821,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air (6861 Views)

All Airports In Nigeria Will Be Shut Sunday Midnight - Aviation Unions / Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) / Aviation-Minister Blocks Foreign Airlines From Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by BlackPikiN(m): 2:30pm On Sep 22, 2012
The Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah, has threatened to institute a legal action against Arik Air, for levelling unfounded allegations against her.

This is contained in a statement issued on Friday in Abuja, by Mr Joe Obi, Special Assistant (media) to the minister. .

It stated that a recent publication by the management of the airline was designed to embarrass the minister.

It said that Arik Air was owing the ministry N85.4 billion and stressed that Oduah had no stake in the company.

The release stated that the minister could not have contemplated acquiring a stake in any airline and cautioned that the time was ripe for Arik Air to change its business module to resolve its financial crisis.

It would be recalled that Arik Air was prevented from operation since Thursday by labour unions of the Federal Aviation Authority of Nigeria, FAAN. (NAN).

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/aviation-minister-threatens-to-sue-arik-air/
Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by johnlittle: 2:50pm On Sep 22, 2012
This is the kind of defence I like. Not the usual press conference thing. If you know you have been maligned unjustly, the best thing to do in order to prove your innocence is to seek legal redress in court. That way, the world will take you seriously

1 Like

Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by eledalo: 2:50pm On Sep 22, 2012
Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by DANILSA(m): 2:57pm On Sep 22, 2012
eledalo: .
COME THIS GUY AS IF U DO COPY COPY WELA FOR SCHOOL, SEE AS U KEEP SPACE DE WAIT FOR PEOPLE TO WRITE BEFORE U COPY AND PAST. grin grin grin
Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by eledalo: 2:58pm On Sep 22, 2012
DANILSA: COME THIS GUY AS IF U DO COPY COPY WELA FOR SCHOOL, SEE AS U KEEP SPACE DE WAIT FOR PEOPLE TO WRITE BEFORE U COPY AND PAST. grin grin grin
grin olenu. U get sense pass
Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by slumcat(m): 2:59pm On Sep 22, 2012
DANILSA: COME THIS GUY AS IF U DO COPY COPY WELA FOR SCHOOL, SEE AS U KEEP SPACE DE WAIT FOR PEOPLE TO WRITE BEFORE U COPY AND PAST. grin grin grin
COPY AND PAST. gbolakaaaa!!
Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by ak47mann(m): 3:01pm On Sep 22, 2012
copy and past u go kill me grin
Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
Space reserved!
I neva get stella andk arik time first.
I dey come back..
Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by Paulonminyi: 4:16pm On Sep 22, 2012
Who cares...wat of those in d remote village dat see aroplane as black bird.make una leav stori
Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by NET1(m): 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2012
all these "Garri Sellers" have invaded this thread again. Wetin be una own sef?

.NET
Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by harunaben(m): 5:43pm On Sep 22, 2012
please forgive them and let them be.
Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by icydoc: 5:44pm On Sep 22, 2012
I just hope air arik is not owing that much.the only thriving air line and source of national pride in the aviation industry is on the brink of collapse.God help us.we really need to move forward.Nigeria airways,bellview, okada air, sosoliso and recently air Nigeria are now history.we need a viable carrier that can stand the test of time.
Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by Parnassuss(m): 7:27pm On Sep 22, 2012
icydoc: I just hope air arik is not owing that much.the only thriving air line and source of national pride in the aviation industry is on the brink of collapse.God help us.we really need to move forward.Nigeria airways,bellview, okada air, sosoliso and recently air Nigeria are now history.we need a viable carrier that can stand the test of time.

Brink of collapse Bros from where you carry this gist come nah? Abeg they have outstanding bills doesn't mean they can't meet overheads and stuff, its just their payment plan that was effed up. Besides we don't know when they even secured this loan and why. It'll surprise u to know its been on for over 4 yrs sef!

1 Like

Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by icydoc: 7:34pm On Sep 22, 2012
Parnassuss:

Brink of collapse Bros from where you carry this gist come nah? Abeg they have outstanding bills doesn't mean they can't meet overheads and stuff, its just their payment plan that was effed up. Besides we don't know when they even secured this loan and why. It'll surprise u to know its been on for over 4 yrs sef!
well.let us hope u r right.I feel all might not be well with arik.remember air Nigeria gave us the impression that all was well. well thank for ur constructive reply.shows great sign of maturity.unlike most critics I see on this platform.
Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by yinchar(m): 8:00pm On Sep 22, 2012
If not because we living in the ERA of retardeen, how can 3 airlines pack up operation within just 4months, this is totally absurd, any serious president should take a critical look into this, somethings is seriously wrong somewhere, and concerning the issue raised by ARIK, i think its a very serious allegation which i know ARIK wont have gone public if there is no iota of truth in it......the beautician hands are not clean in this issue no matter how much innocence she claims....God bless Nigeria.
Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by Aphrygian(m): 8:13pm On Sep 22, 2012
Fank u ma,dats d best way to settle 'assasination of character'
Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by baslone: 9:03pm On Sep 22, 2012
Not by telling the press what you intend to do.

Bite before you bark!!!!! DO IT!!!!!!
Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by Meristem: 10:49pm On Sep 22, 2012
ak47mann: copy and past u go kill me grin
The guy school for kabul lol
Maybe he was the one that got fired for addressing his oga as the DIRECTOR OF PUBIC RELATIONS!!! grin cheesy
Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by BARRISTERS: 12:47am On Sep 23, 2012
If not because we living in the ERA of retardeen, how can 3 airlines pack up operation within just 4months, this is totally absurd, any serious president should take a critical look into this, somethings is seriously wrong somewhere, and concerning the issue raised by ARIK, i think its a very serious allegation which i know ARIK wont have gone public if there is no iota of truth in it......the beautician hands are not clean in this issue no matter how much innocence she claims....God bless Nigeria.

Not the presidents fault pls! but the beautician as you said 'only follow suit' of a tradition earlier followed by 'borisade' 'femi-fani-kayode' 'kema-chikwe'et-al..., she went on fixing eye lashes everyday, and loined the cabal in 'syphoining the aviation industry' to meet her target of those whose impose her, just let us be happy that Arik showed her that they have more bigger people than her and her sponsors!
Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by nativedoctor(m): 6:33am On Sep 23, 2012
If u want to shoot,shoot don't talk.
Re: Aviation Minister Threatens To Sue Arik Air by alstacs(m): 7:17am On Sep 23, 2012
Parnassuss:

Loan ke? If you check the breakdown of your fares, you will notice that there are a lot of charges like tax, handling charges etc that the airlines collect on behalf of the agencies who should have them. The airlines collect this money from passengers and pocket it instead of remitting such to the agencies who should have them.
This is the debt. I was stranded at both Lag and Abuja airports on the day of Arik picketting, the unions also accused them of owing salaries, allowances etc. They were also accused of deducting tax from their staff without remmiting such, so officially, the staff don't pay tax.
I can assure you therefore that all is not well with some of these airlines.
It will be a shame however if they are allowed to go under without something drastic being done.

The airports from that day became like bus stops where people beat themselves to buy tickets at unbelievable prices.

God save Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

FG In Talks With Boeing, Airbus Over Nigeria Air / Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide / Disney World & Universal Studios Vacation In Florida, USA (pics) - Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.