Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,085 members, 7,957,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:05 AM

Do I Need Uk Transit Visa To Get To America Flying British Airways? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do I Need Uk Transit Visa To Get To America Flying British Airways? (6884 Views)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Need Uk Transit Visa To Get To America Flying British Airways? by abikyshow: 10:58am On Sep 05, 2013
please I wanna know if I would need a transit visa to UK flying British airways.i will only change flight at Heathrow airport . please,share your past experiences here .
Re: Do I Need Uk Transit Visa To Get To America Flying British Airways? by JW214: 11:31am On Sep 05, 2013
As at August ending, you don't need a transit visa since you are just changing at Heathrow in transit to uSA. Although, you won't be allowed leave the airport while the stop over lasts

If you have to sleep over based on the class of ticket you buy or your itinerary, private transportation and hotel may be provided if you meet such condition(s)
Re: Do I Need Uk Transit Visa To Get To America Flying British Airways? by abikyshow: 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
JW214: As at August ending, you don't need a transit visa since you are just changing at Heathrow in transit to uSA. Although, you won't be allowed leave the airport while the stop over lasts

If you have to sleep over based on the class of ticket you buy or your itinerary, private transportation and hotel may be provided if you meet such condition(s)
thanks for the response
Re: Do I Need Uk Transit Visa To Get To America Flying British Airways? by Vicjustice: 11:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
abikyshow: please I wanna know if I would need a transit visa to UK flying British airways.i will only change flight at Heathrow airport . please,share your past experiences here .
You do not have to apply for a transit visa at the UK embassy, but still, you'd be required to have your passport endorsed with a 24 hours transit visa at Heathrow airport: this is usually done at the counter desk of the the immigration officers at departure point. Ensure that you give yourself enough time to clear the transit visa procedures as the immigration officers like to take their time in asking you all sort of unreasonable questions, they don't care whether you miss your flight or not.
Note: Although, Airport Issued Transit Visa is (in my opinion) the most nonsense practice with the UK immigration regulation, but it may not apply to everyone, there are many factors that determine whether a traveller is required to obtain it or not, the factors may include the Airport of origin and airline carrier: ultimately, it takes the discretion of the immigration staff to determine it. It is generally safer to give yourself plenty of time just in case...
Re: Do I Need Uk Transit Visa To Get To America Flying British Airways? by abikyshow: 7:02am On Sep 06, 2013
Vicjustice:
You do not have to apply for a transit visa at the UK embassy, but still, you'd be required to have your passport endorsed with a 24 hours transit visa at Heathrow airport: this is usually done at the counter desk of the the immigration officers at departure point. Ensure that you give yourself enough time to clear the transit visa procedures as the immigration officers like to take their time in asking you all sort of unreasonable questions, they don't care whether you miss your flight or not.
Note: Although, Airport Issued Transit Visa is (in my opinion) the most nonsense practice with the UK immigration regulation, but it may not apply to everyone, there are many factors that determine whether a traveller is required to obtain it or not, the factors may include the Airport of origin and airline carrier: ultimately, it takes the discretion of the immigration staff to determine it. It is generally safer to give yourself plenty of time just in case...
thanks. I only have 6hrs transit at Heathrow and boarding from the same airport to Boston.
Re: Do I Need Uk Transit Visa To Get To America Flying British Airways? by Vicjustice: 11:57am On Sep 06, 2013
abikyshow: thanks. I only have 6hrs transit at Heathrow and boarding from the same airport to Boston.
The amount of hours that you have during transit does not matter, you would still be required to have your passport endored with the 24 hours transit visa (even if you have one hour on transit)

(1) (Reply)

Suggestions Of Affordable Beach Resorts In Cotonou Benin / The Way To Solve The Lagos State Transport Problem / Canada "aduro Overseas" Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.