Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,549 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Is God A Trinity? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God A Trinity? (2940 Views)

1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is God A Trinity? by Image123(m): 12:03pm On Sep 25, 2012
truthislight:

to you Jesus = Yahweh
did i offend you somewhere? you seem to have the hots for me, I'm male o.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:07pm On Sep 25, 2012
I don't know what God is, but i know for sure that MAN is a trinity.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by plappville(f): 2:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
Image123:

Mic 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

[size=14pt]Nobody said Jesus does not have a God. the issue under focus is that Jesus is God[/size]

If he has a God then how can He be God, Do you mean "Christ" is a God that Have a superior God?
Re: Is God A Trinity? by plappville(f): 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2012
Image123:
so the rest of the post and the numerous Bible references should be thrown out the window because plap thinks she has a superior understanding of one Bible verse? like it or hate it, Jesus is God eternally.

My broda, is not about likining or hating, its about the truth. Why don't you take a look at the origin of this doctrine? What do you have to contradict in the verses i posted.

Yahweh is not the SON, He is the Father, this is the simple truth.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by truthislight: 4:24pm On Sep 25, 2012
Image123:
did i offend you somewhere? you seem to have the hots for me, I'm male o.

lol,
dont support what is bad, Tithing is not for christian.

Christian giving is voluntary, no compulsion. Bye.
Peace
Re: Is God A Trinity? by truthislight: 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2012
Jenwitemi: I don't know what God is, but i know for sure that MAN is a trinity.

and how did you come to know this?
Do you mind shearing the bible quotation with us?

Has to be base in the bible you know?

(hope its not just what you have heard from people)
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Image123(m): 5:53pm On Sep 25, 2012
plappville:

If he has a God then how can He be God, Do you mean "Christ" is a God that Have a superior God?
if he has a father, how can he be a father?
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Image123(m): 6:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
plappville:

My broda, is not about likining or hating, its about the truth. Why don't you take a look at the origin of this doctrine? What do you have to contradict in the verses i posted.

Yahweh is not the SON, He is the Father, this is the simple truth.
origin? you seem to have read one article too many. The teaching of the Trinity is clearly stated all over the Bible. i gave you undeniable Bible verseS. You ignored them all and went after one that you think you can reason out. there's nothing to 'contradict' with the Scripture passages you posted. nobody said that Jesus is not the Son of God.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
Image123:

Mate , admit it, you guys are totally perplexed with this toxic wine called Trinity.

Re: Is God A Trinity? by Image123(m): 6:07pm On Sep 25, 2012
truthislight:

lol,
dont support what is bad, Tithing is not for christian.

Christian giving is voluntary, no compulsion. Bye.
Peace
where are you going? you wan run leave plap for hia like frosb ba?
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Image123(m): 6:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
frosbel:

Mate , admit it, you guys are totally perplexed with this toxic wine called Trinity.

those guys must have been copy cats like you, only that they didn't give the source.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by ijawkid(m): 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
Image123:

Jesus was given the title eternal Father because he is the 2nd adam....

The 1st adam if he hadn't sinned against Yahweh would have been our eternal Father....

But Jesus being the 2nd adam fills that position...

But as it is stamped in the bible Yahweh is the Father and God of Jesus...

E dey pain u??

Jesus is Father over us(by virtue of the fact that he is the 2nd adam,Yahweh is Father over Jesus(the oga kpata kpata).....

How do u like that??

6 Likes

Re: Is God A Trinity? by Jenwitemi(m): 7:33pm On Sep 25, 2012
I don't do bible and neither do i need it. I can THINK for myself. When i said that man is a trinity, i meant man consist of SPIRIT, SOUL and PHYSICAL BODY. That is the trinity right there. If your bible says otherwise, let us all hear it.
truthislight:

and how did you come to know this?
Do you mind shearing the bible quotation with us?

Has to be base in the bible you know?

(hope its not just what you have heard from people)
Re: Is God A Trinity? by truthislight: 10:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
Image123:
where are you going? you wan run leave plap for hia like frosb ba?

nope, am very much around.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by truthislight: 11:08pm On Sep 25, 2012
Jenwitemi: I don't do bible and neither do i need it. I can THINK for myself. When i said that man is a trinity, i meant man consist of SPIRIT, SOUL and PHYSICAL BODY. That is the trinity right there. If your bible says otherwise, let us all hear it.

and Adam came to be a living "soul", that is, Adam came to "life"
Note, soul = life

so, what that give life are;

body + spirit.

The body being the mold from the ground, the kickstarter that animat the mold is the spirit of God, and we have "life"(soul)

Adam came to be a living soul

body + spirit = soul

nothing like soul was put into the man but rather, the person(body and spirit) is the soul.

The bible says, when the spirit goes out he goes back to the ground.

That is, no spirit the body slums and decayed back to the ground.
From dust to dust.

The spirit being the live force from God sustain by breathing.
Eg, Consider a light bulb,

bulb + current = light(soul)

the light does not exist "independently" without the bulb.

light was not put into the bulb but the combination of the bulb and current produce the light.

So, we have two part body and spirit that make up the man.

Any part you wish tell me i will provide the scripture.
Peace.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
Image123:

those guys must have been copy cats like you, only that they didn't give the source.

But it's your Holy Trinity idol , no ?
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:09am On Sep 26, 2012
Why the long epistle and mathematical equations? It is not rocket science, bro; spirit + soul + body = LIFE. So simple.
truthislight:

and Adam came to be a living "soul", that is, Adam came to "life"
Note, soul = life

so, what that give life are;

body + spirit.

The body being the mold from the ground, the kickstarter that animat the mold is the spirit of God, and we have "life"(soul)

Adam came to be a living soul

body + spirit = soul

nothing like soul was put into the man but rather, the person(body and spirit) is the soul.

The bible says, when the spirit goes out he goes back to the ground.

That is, no spirit the body slums and decayed back to the ground.
From dust to dust.

The spirit being the live force from God sustain by breathing.
Eg, Consider a light bulb,

bulb + current = light(soul)

the light does not exist "independently" without the bulb.

light was not put into the bulb but the combination of the bulb and current produce the light.

So, we have two part body and spirit that make up the man.

Any part you wish tell me i will provide the scripture.
Peace.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by truthislight: 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2012
Jenwitemi: Why the long epistle and mathematical equations? It is not rocket science, bro; spirit + soul + body = LIFE. So simple.

definitely not base on the bible? No
Re: Is God A Trinity? by ijawkid(m): 4:22pm On Sep 26, 2012
Jenwitemi: Why the long epistle and mathematical equations? It is not rocket science, bro; spirit + soul + body = LIFE. So simple.

Does ur trinity formular apply to animals too??

Because as bible says ""animals are souls""
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Jenwitemi(m): 5:18pm On Sep 26, 2012
Yep. Spirit, body and soul. All living things are 3 in 1.
ijawkid:

Does ur trinity formular apply to animals too??

Because as bible says ""animals are souls""
Re: Is God A Trinity? by ijawkid(m): 5:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
Jenwitemi: Yep. Spirit, body and soul. All living things are 3 in 1.

What do I do with you now??

Ok open bible show me....
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Jenwitemi(m): 5:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
Who cares about the bible and what it says? There are a lot of people who still think outside the bible walls, you know.
truthislight:

definitely not base on the bible? No
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Jenwitemi(m): 5:39pm On Sep 26, 2012
Show you what? You want me to conduct sunday school with you?
ijawkid:

What do I do with you now??

Ok open bible show me....
Re: Is God A Trinity? by ijawkid(m): 5:50pm On Sep 26, 2012
Jenwitemi: Show you what? You want me to conduct sunday school with you?

Lmao......

Oya no worry....
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Boomark(m): 9:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
It now obvious that we now understand our selves and what we believe in- the bible, which can not contradict it self. This is it.

1. Those that believe in One true God, have lots of strong bible potions that shows that there is only one God-the Father. Who is the God of our lord Jesus Christ. That when God(the Father) subjected all things to Christ, it does not include Him self but Christ will subject Him self to Him(the Father), 1Cor15:28. Plus many other references. The verses in the bible presented by these people are so true that they can not be contested or disproved.

2. Those that support trinity also have strong bible potions that shows that our Lord Jesus is the word of God. That the Father and Jesus are One in terms of purpose(ie what God wants also delights Him) and not in terms of being a single person. And that the holy spirit also carry out the work/word of God. Each doing things that are in line with the will of God(ie acting on His behalf or as He has directed). Making them all to have one PURPOSE, hence the 3 in 1. Plus many other references. The verses in the bible also presented by these people are so true that they can not be contested or disproved.

Our bible don't contradict it self.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by plappville(f): 8:22am On Sep 27, 2012
ijawkid:

The 1st adam if he hadn't sinned against Yahweh would have been our eternal Father....

[size=16pt]But as it is stamped in the bible Yahweh is the Father and God of Jesus...[/size]

E dey pain u??

Jesus is Father over us(by virtue of the fact that he is the 2nd adam,Yahweh is Father over Jesus(the oga kpata kpata).....

How do u like that??

You don finish matter gbammmmm! for @Image123, waooh Great !!!!
Re: Is God A Trinity? by plappville(f): 8:35am On Sep 27, 2012
Image123:
origin? you seem to have read one article too many. The teaching of the Trinity is clearly stated all over the Bible. i gave you undeniable Bible verseS. You ignored them all and went after one that you think you can reason out. there's nothing to 'contradict' with the Scripture passages you posted. nobody said that Jesus is not the Son of God.

you seem to have read one article too many.
Bros Image, one article ke? I do read alot of them, from different authors, not just one.
I embrace articles with biblical references only. Is it wrong to?

The teaching of the Trinity is clearly stated all over the Bible

Bros you don start oooo, where over did you see the trinity in the scripture?

You ignored them all and went after one that you think you can reason out.

I did not ignore those verses you presented, i didn't see where they talk about the trinity so how do you expect me to hold on to them?

there's nothing to 'contradict' with the Scripture passages you posted.
So you finally agreed with these verses refuting your trinitarian belief?
Re: Is God A Trinity? by plappville(f): 8:39am On Sep 27, 2012
Image123:
@ijewkid has finish matter for you already grin
Re: Is God A Trinity? by truthislight: 2:19pm On Sep 27, 2012
Jenwitemi: Who cares about the bible and what it says? There are a lot of people who still think outside the bible walls, you know.
^^^
if the trinitarians have been that^^^ honest to say that TRINITY doctrine has nothing to do with the bible like you just did then i think we will not have had any problem/argument like we do here.

Jenwitemi: Who cares about the bible and what it says? There are a lot of people who still think outside the bible walls, you know.

the Amoc society, the hindu, African traditional religion and you etc, all belive in the trinity version and it had never been a problem.
The problem comes when they try to say the bible says so.

Since you agree it has nothing to do with the bible then no contest.

Trinity actually has nothing to do with the bible, it has a pegan origin. It is pegan as can be seen from the above.

You are not a bible student but you did arrived at that outside biblical sources and so is the others including trinity.

Please, keep it just the way it is(outside the bible) then fine and good and we all will be in peace, dont try/attempt to force it into the bible please.
Peace.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by F00028: 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2012
Antivirus92: Op is hell bound
that's for the Father to decide...not you.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Boomark(m): 4:21pm On Sep 27, 2012
Let me point out another mistake those that believe in trinity are making.

God gave us dominion over everything on earth. To give them names and call them what we want. But to read the bible and assign name TRINITY to Divine being is very very wrong. This is done by the wisdom of men. No matter what you believe, believe it according to the bible. Don't go and give The Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit a collective name which you don't know if it pleases them and it can not be found in the bible. It is not in our power to do that. Trinity is a name fashioned by humans base on what they think they understand from the bible. It is not divine. Let us stick with the names in the bible which are inspired by the Holy spirit. They are the ones that pleases Him, that is why He gave them to us.
Re: Is God A Trinity? by Image123(m): 6:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
@frosb
But it's your Holy Trinity idol , no ?
i don't know those guys or images, you know them better ithink. you are making vacuous atheistic arguments going down the line of 'who first'. there are many myths and stories so much like the Jesus' account B.C. Does that make Jesus a myth? before the first miracle God performed through man in scriptures, there were already magicians working signs and wonders. So God must be copying them according to your line of reasoning? there were many idol temples around the world before Solomon's temple, so God was not in Solomon's temple, no? Your devouring of trash on the internet in the name of seeing light is becoming legendary frosb.

@ijawk

How do u like that??
Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Mic 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
Rev 4:8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Love it or hate it, Jesus is the Lord God of heaven and earth. Oya, pull out another dry explanation from planet Saturn.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

African Consciousness Vs European Christian Imperialism, By Dr Ray Hagins / Are There Any Atheists Here Who Oppose Gay Marriage? / How T B Joshua Inserted Pepper Into A Lady’s Vagina Over ‘fornication’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.