Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (29539 Views)

Absence From Court: TB Joshua Speaks After Failing To Be At The Court / Biblical Quotes About Salary Payments / Share Your Opinions On These 'bizarre' Biblical Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by karo93: 9:19pm On Feb 24, 2010
First of all Jesus never stated that he was God and never mentioned that there was a trinity [the trinity was never mentioned in the bible] for if these were propounded by Jesus it would have been evident in the new testament-the letters of the apostles and the life of Jesus.

1. Using Jn 14:28
                 …I am going to the father; for he is greater than I.
If Jesus is OF ONE BEING WITH GOD why would he say he is going to the father who is greater than him?
2. Using Jn 14:1
                 …believe in God and believe also in me.
If Jesus is OF ONE BEING WITH GOD why would you need to believe in them separately
3. Using Mk 10:18
                 Why do you call me good? Jesus asked him. “No one is good except God alone.
If Jesus is OF ONE BEING WITH GOD why is he not goodI don’t think it is possible for some parts of God to be good and others are not.
4. Using Rev 5:7
                 The lamb [Jesus] went and took the scroll from the one who sits on the throne [God].
If Jesus is OF ONE BEING WITH GOD why would he take the scroll from himself? I cant take a scroll from myself.
5. Using Rev 5;13
           …To him who sits on the throne and to the lamb, be praise and honor, glory and might forever and ever.
If Jesus is OF ONE BEING WITH GOD why would praises be accorded to him and God separately??
If there was a TRINITY why would praises not be accorded to the holy spirit
6. Using Rev 22:1-2
                 , sparkling like crystal and coming from the throne of God and of the lamb.
If there was a TRINITY why is there no throne for the Holy Spirit
7. Using Jn 14:31 and Jn 16:13
                 , That I love the father; that is why I do everything he commands me.
                  …He will not speak on his own authority but on what he HEARS.
If Jesus and the Holy Spirit were of one being with God why don’t they speak on their own authority
If the Holy Spirit were of one being with God why does he speak on what he hears and not of what he knows
8.     Using Mk 16:19
                    After the lord had talked with them ,He  was taken up to heaven and sat at the right hand of God.
If Jesus is OF ONE BEING WITH GOD why would he be seated at the right side of Godi cant sit at my right side and neither can any part of me,

DEFENDING JOHN 10:30
While trying to prove that Jesus is God everyone falls onto the above verse so I decided to explain what the verse “the father and I are one.”
What Jesus meant by the above verse is that he and the father are one because they both followed the same ways and followed the same path.
Using Jn 14:20
…you will know that I am in my father and that you are in me just as I am in you.
Here you understand that Jesus is in the father ONLY because he does the father’s will and his disciples are in him because they do his will and he is in them because they all follow the same path which makes them one with God too because they all follow the same path. a=b and b=c and a=c

in conclusion, Jesus is the son of God and the father, the son,and the holy spirit all exist separately.

Acts.3.13
The God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob the God of our ancestors has given us divine glory to HIS SERVANT JESUS CHRIST.
Acts.3.26
And so God chose HIS SERVANT and sent him first to you to bless you by Making everyone of you turn from his wicked ways.
Acts.4.27
and the people of Israel against Jesus YOUR HOLY SERVANT WHO YOU MADE MESSIAH.

THE SERVANT AND THE MASTER Can never BE THE SAME PERSON AND THE ONE WHO WAS MADE Cannot BE THE One WHO MADE.

1.Cor.8.6
There is ONLY one GOD, THE FATHER, who is the CREATOR OF ALL THINGS and for whom we live and there is only one LORD, JESUS CHRIST through whom all things were created and through whom we live.

The normal saying [though not in the bible] is that
Father [Yahweh] +Son [Jesus] +holy spirit=GOD [trinity]
But this verse as quoted from the BIBLE tells us that, Father [Yahweh] =GOD [1]
And Son [Jesus] =LORD [1]

As this verse shows us, we live for the father [Yahweh] our God because he is our creator and not his son.

[For those confused about how the father made all things through the son I will explain like this; If you send your driver to give some goods to your mother, can it be said that it was your driver that generously gave to your mother??]

Lastly
Jn.3.35
The father loves the son and puts everything under his power.

Jesus cannot be God because he was “empowered” by someone which means that if Jesus is to be God there will always be a higher God-the one who empowered him.

[p.s. you cannot empower yourself but someone else.]

3 Likes

Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by viaro: 9:30pm On Feb 24, 2010
karo93:

If there was a TRINITY why is there no throne for the Holy Spirit

There is a difference between Tritheism and the Trinity. You don't seem to understand either of them that is why you're asking puerile questions.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by karo93: 9:52pm On Feb 24, 2010
@viaro
If you cant answer my questions there is no need to answer with harsh comments and seeing that you know it all you could enlighten me and in case you don't know, i am a christian.

Also,if you don't like my trinity questions you can answer the others.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by viaro: 10:18pm On Feb 24, 2010
karo93:

@viaro
If you cant answer my questions there is no need to answer with harsh comments and seeing that you know it all you could enlighten me and in case you don't know, i am a christian.

@karo93,
I wasn't being harsh or questioning your relationship with God. Indeed there are some Christians who question the Deity of Christ and argue endlessly against Christ's being God. On closer appraisal, it often shows that they either don't understand the very subject they argue against, or they have not carefully checked through the solid answers that show their flawed reasoning.

For one, it is apparent that when you asked those questions, you had 'Trinity' in mind but were going on and on about tritheism. They are not the same; especially when dealing with metaphysical subjects, it is important to try not to reduce them to physicalistic properties. The Trinity is a mystery that even metaphysics cannot adequately capture in words; but it is easy to discuss tritheism in physicalist probables (such as a=b and b=c and a=c) and end up defeating your own arguments.

Let me give you a few examples from your own post:

[list](a)
karo93:

First of all Jesus never stated that he was God and never mentioned that there was a trinity [the trinity was never mentioned in the bible]
[/list]
[list]^^^^^^[/list]
[list]When people say things like "the word trinity was never mentioned in the Bible", they've destroyed their own arguments before even they began. Do you karo93 find such words as monotheism, incarnation, suicide, atheist, economics, rapture, or even "Bible" in your own Bible anywhere?? You see, the way most "Christians" argue issues saddens me a lot, because such mundane and very childish arguments are best left for stupid folks who don't know what they want to talk about! The word "Trinity" may not have been written in Scripture; but so also is the word "BIBLE" absent as well! Yet, people who argue like you do will be the same folks coming back and saying that they believe that the "BIBLE" is the Word of God! Crass talk![/list]

[list](b)
karo93:

for if these were propounded by Jesus it would have been evident in the new testament-the letters of the apostles and the life of Jesus.
[/list]
[list]^^^^^^[/list]
[list]So, okay. . such words as monotheism, incarnation, suicide, atheist, economics, rapture, or even "Bible" are not found anywhere in your Bible, and yet today you believe in one way or another that they are embedded in the teachings of the prophets and the apostles, not so?[/list]

You see, karo93, you ought to go back and ask yourself a basic question about Christ: Who was He before His Incarnation? If you can understand and answer that question from Scripture, your other enquiries would be sorted out for you. Do that and let's talk some more.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:59am On Feb 25, 2010
Wait a minute! I cannot find the word "grandfather" in my Bible (KJV), does that mean that there are no grandfathers in the Bible or is just propaganda? shocked
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 25, 2010
karo93:

@viaro

Also,if you don't like my trinity questions you can answer the others.

Sorry madam but u dnt know what u re saying at all. God is one and has many personalities among which are the father son and the spirit. The 3 personalities are distinct but the God that created the universe is working in the three personalities.s
In Gen1 we read where the bible says 'the spirit of God was moving upon the waters'  Isaiah also said In Chapter 61 ' the spirit of God is upon me. Jesus promised to send the comforter in john14and he called him the spirit of God.

Jesus also in john 4 said God is a spirit. So both God and spirit are 1. Likewise Jesus and God are 1 see John 14 as well.

One thing that will help us is in Romans 20 vs 28b which says God purchased us with his blood. i.e the blood of jesus is the same as that of God.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Image123(m): 1:03pm On Feb 25, 2010
What about biblical quotes proving that Jesus is God? Get serious my friend and stop reading those your witness books.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by viaro: 1:11pm On Feb 25, 2010
^^ hehe. Nice. grin
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:08pm On Feb 25, 2010
@karo93,

This is a verse for you to chew on for starters:

Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me. -- Isaiah 48:16
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by karo93: 6:50pm On Feb 25, 2010
Is this deliberate or can't you all get my point??
i didn't say there is no holy spirit and matter of fact according to rev.4:5 and 5:6 God has 7 spirits.
Trinity is the belief that God is 3 in one and that is what i am disproving.

According to matt 28:19 jesus talked about father,son and holy spirit. All i am saying is that they are not all one person.

AND i dont read jehovah witness books lol. i have a bible!
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:56pm On Feb 25, 2010
karo93:

i didn't say there is no holy spirit and matter of fact according to rev.4:5 and 5:6 God has 7 spirits.

According to matt 28:19 jesus talked about father,son and holy spirit. All i am saying is that they are not all one person.

AND i dont read jehovah witness books lol. i have a bible!

How many personalities can you identify from Isaiah 48:16 I posted there?
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 25, 2010
Karo. Read what paul said in colossians1:19 FOR GOD WAS PLEASED TO HAVE ALL HIS FULNESS DWELL IN HIM. here paul is simply telling us to all d personalities dat makes God to be God was given to Jesus becos God wants a perfect person to redeem man.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by viaro: 7:10pm On Feb 25, 2010
karo93:

Depends on what you mean by 3 in one - if you meant 3 Gods in One God, that's an example of tritheism, which is not what the Bible teaches. Like I said, the Trinity is a mystery of the Christian faith that not even the best of metaphysics can capture. All analogies simply fail to capture the Trinity; but that does not mean it is not a Biblically sound teaching. This was why I asked you to study the Word of God for yourself and answer a simple question - who was Jesus Christ before the Incarnation?

He talked about the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit - but He said in the NAME (not Name[b]s[/b]) - go and read it again. If it was "names", then you would be dealing with tritheism, not Trinity.

However, someone has well said that you should balance your ideas by looking also at those Scriptures that prove that Jesus is God. We notice you mentioned nothing about them. Care to start there?
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 25, 2010
Is viaro a prof? Ur anaologies are out of this world.Not suprised though as a christian its expected colossian says its in christ dat all treasures of wisdom&knowledge are hidden.Christ abides in u.By december,u would be nominated as d poster of d year of d entire Nl
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by karo93: 7:25pm On Feb 25, 2010
YOU GUYS DEFINITELY DIDN'T READ THROUGH MY POST OR YOU WOULD SEE MY DEFENSE OF JOHN 10:30.you can go back up and read it.

God the father, Jesus the son and the Holy Spirit all exist separately and theses are their works.
1. The father is our maker and the maker of Jesus and the Holy Spirit so we all worship him and obey all his laws
2. Jesus is the reason by which we all are saved He breaches the gap between God and man by washing away our sins. By his name anything we ask of the father is granted to us.
3. The Holy spirit according to mt 1:20 and mt 4; 1 is the handwork of God i.e. it is by the Holy Spirit that God acts. By mt 12:28 it is by him anyone can perform miracles [including Jesus].By mt 10:20 and mt 12:18 he is the one who makes people do the will of God. By jn 4:24 it is only through him that we all can worship God as he is.
According to jn 16:13 and jn 14:17 it is the Holy Spirit that reveals the truth about God.
THESE ALL MEAN THAT IT IS BY THE HOLY SPIRIT BY WHICH GOD ACTS. This is why the disciples needed the Holy Spirit.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 25, 2010
Karo u av a point but ur point cant strike out Trinity.
U said Jesus is d reason 4our salvation.Do u think ordinary man could save another man? Philipians2 described Jesus as d very nature of God i.e theres mans nature&Gods nature.Peter said Jesus knew no sin.Its only a God nature dat cant sin.Man is a sinner.God is not,Jesus is God
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by karo93: 7:10am On Feb 26, 2010
@toba
If you read my post on the works of them all you will see that it is by the holy spirit that any body can do without sin and jesus was filled with the holy spirit.

@viaro
The TRINITY according to the oxford dictionary is the union of God the father,the son and the holy spirit as ONE and tritheism does not exist so what are you trying to pull??

My great point is against the TRINITY as you see it defined there,
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by FMK(m): 7:33am On Feb 26, 2010
no one has gone to heaven and back to earth that can tell us if there is there a father, son spirit and others. unless who has come down and taught us the gospel and we do not know if he lies to us or not. there is no movie can approve that even your bible and qu'aram cannot describe that, because both of those books have been written by men moses just heard the voice but it was a male voice and he has not seen atleast the image of the person has been talking to him our faith is not enough to describe if celestial creatures exist because we have never seen atleast one we are in dark if we lift our eyes to sky we just see darkness everything is concealed we do not exist we are cosmic debris
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by viaro: 11:29am On Feb 26, 2010
FMK:

we do not exist we are cosmic debris

Do cosmic debris exist? If they do, are you lying against your initial remark that we do not exist? grin
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by viaro: 11:37am On Feb 26, 2010
karo93:

@viaro
The TRINITY according to the oxford dictionary is the union of God the father,the son and the holy spirit as ONE and tritheism does not exist so what are you trying to pull??

If Oxford Dictonary is inadequate to show you a definition of tritheism, consult other dictionaries instead of saying such a word does not exist. Check another one like Merriam Webster: 'Tritheism: the doctrine that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three distinct Gods'.

My great point is against the TRINITY as you see it defined there,

It is not a "great" point. You still have not attended to the request that others have left you, that you should check out those verses that affirm that Jesus is God. Until you do so, your "great point" is of little significance - not even if you come back complaining that such and such words do not exist.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by akinolasam: 2:18pm On Feb 26, 2010
I CAME IN INTO THIS FORUM TO AT LEAST TELL ALL THE "MEN" AND BRETHREN WHO IN ATTEMPT TO DEFEND GOD HAS BEEN MAKING VARIOUS KIND OF COMMENTS. PLS REMEMBER THAT 'ALL MYSTERIES BELONG TO GOD, IT IS ONLY THAT WHICH IS REVEALED THAT BELONG TO US AND OUR CHILDREN.'
CAN WE STOP POSTING WHAT WILL NOT HELP THE FAITH OF OTHERS ON THIS ISSUE.
ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT ANY 'GOD' THAT IS DEFENDED BY MAN IS NOT THE TRUE GOD. SO STOP DEFENDING THE LORD GOD. HE KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH EVEN THE MOST DIFFICULT OF MEN LIKE NEBUCHADNEZAR, PHARAOH, HEROD AND SUCH LIKE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by ijele(m): 2:37pm On Feb 26, 2010
No 'metaphysis' nor human knowledge can decode de mystery of 'Trinity'! This is absolutely true! because Trinity does not exist. Col 1- 15 (Jesus belong to God, 'belong' means 'owned') Jesus is one of de sons of God- his beloved son and not God himself,man has de nature of God too that's why if we sin it hurts God. Holy spirit is creative & active will of God. For it is by God's own decision that christ has himself de full nature of God. Col 1:19. That still did not make him God. God can never be tempted,de devil understands dat but knowin christ is from God and not God, that's why christ was tested. Remember he became de 'beloved' among de other sons of God after his temptation and baptism. I'll tell you more , wit biblical injunction, Stay tuned!

1 Like

Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by karo93: 9:05pm On Feb 26, 2010
@viaro
please read through my post and you will see my defense of john 10:30 how many times do you want me to say this

What i mean by great is not the significance of the point in life but in the argument

Trinity is the union of God the father,the son and the holy spirit as ONE and that is what my whole point is against so i dont know why you are bringing tritheism into this.I didn't say they were gods,ONLY God is.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by viaro: 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2010
karo93:

@viaro
please read through my post and you will see my defense of john 10:30 how many times do you want me to say this

I have no problem with any defence you want to make for any verse - whatever defence you may make for John 10:30, it does not 'disprove' the Deity nor does that verse say that Jesus is not God. So, that verse is not a big issue here for me.

What i mean by great is not the significance of the point in life but in the argument

Actually, I would lik to say again as elsewhere: viaro is not driven by arguments about the Trinity, as not many people understand what the Bible teaches about that subject. On my part, I have noted that even the best metaphysical language and scholarship cannot adequately capture the Trinity in words; but that does not mean it is not a Biblical teaching.

In matters like this, even the Bible teaches us to be careful and not push our arrogance to the fore. Nobody is able to decode the mystery of God Himself in every particular detail, then is it the Deity of Christ or the Trinity that they can adequately handle? " Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection?" (Job 11:7). Please bro, we should be willing to acknowledge that our understanding is limited and there are mysteries that we cannot adequately grasp.

Trinity is the union of God the father,the son and the holy spirit as ONE and that is what my whole point is against so i dont know why you are bringing tritheism into this.I didn't say they were gods,ONLY God is.

Please look again at my definition of Tritheism. I did not argue against the definition you highlighted for Trinity - so long as it is a union in the ONE Godhead, that is sufficient for me. I just don't want us to get confused on this issue, so your claiming that the word 'Tritheism' did not exist was not correct.

Now, could you also look again into the request that others have left you? Look into those others verses you have ignored - they may show you affirmations of Christ's deity in the Bible. If you don't know, ask: I'm sure that a few posters here will supply you with some verses.

Cheers.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by karo93: 11:30pm On Feb 26, 2010
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
@toba
1.Karo. Read what paul said in colossians1:19 FOR GOD WAS PLEASED TO HAVE ALL HIS FULNESS DWELL IN HIM. here paul is simply telling us to all d personalities dat makes God to be God was given to Jesus becos God wants a perfect person to redeem man.
Jesus had the full nature of God because he was possesed by the Holy spirit who is the acting hand or force of God not because he was God himself.mt 12:28

2.One thing that will help us is in Romans 20 vs 28b which says God purchased us with his blood. i.e the blood of jesus is the same as that of God.
My bible does not contain rom 20 vs 28 for romans stops inchaptr 16.so i ll take this as an error.

Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me. -- Isaiah 48:16
The holy spirit is the acting force of God or God's direct messenger.it is the name given to any of the seven spirits of God[rev.4:5] so here Isaiah was sent by God's messenger the holy spirit but he recognizes that the directive is from GOD.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Lady2(f): 12:16am On Feb 27, 2010
ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT ANY 'GOD' THAT IS DEFENDED BY MAN IS NOT THE TRUE GOD.

Rubbish, we are asked to defend our faith.

@ Poster.

[size=14pt]I. Old and New Testament Parallels of God the Father and God the Son[/size]

Exodus 3:14 - God says "I AM who I AM" - John 8:58 - Jesus says "Before Abraham was, I AM" in reference to Himself.

Deut. 4:2; 12:32 - the Lord God commands that we not add or take away from His word - Rev. 22:18-19 - Jesus so commands us not to add or take away from His word.

Deut. 32:39; 1 Sam. 2:6 - the Lord kills and makes alive again and raises up - John 5:21 - the Son raises and gives life.

Deut. 32:39 - neither is there any that can deliver out of God's hand - John 10:28 - nor shall any pluck out of Jesus' hand.

Deut. 32:43 - rejoice, ye heavens, with Him, and let all the angels of God worship Him - Heb. 1:6 - the "Him" is Jesus the Son.

2 Sam. 22:3 - God is the horn of salvation - Luke 1:68-69 - Jesus is the horn of salvation.

Psalm 19:7 - the law of the Lord is perfect - Gal. 6:2 - fulfill the law of Christ.

Psalm 24:10 - the Lord is the King of glory - 1 Cor. 2:8 - Jesus is the Lord of glory.

Psalm 45:7 - Therefore God, your God, has anointed you. God calls someone else God. This someone else is His eternally begotten Son - Heb. 1:9 - Therefore God, your God, has anointed you. cf. Heb. 1:8, 10.

Psalm 62:12 - the Lord God renders to each according to his work - Matt. 16:27; Rev. 22:12 - Jesus so renders to each according to his work.

Psalm 71:5 - the Lord God is our hope - 1 Tim. 1:1 - the Lord Jesus Christ who is our hope.

Psalm 89:27 – I will make him the first-born, the highest (“elyon” which refers to God) of the kings of the earth - John 18:36-27 – Jesus is this first-born king.

Psalm 97:9 - the Lord God is above all - John 3:31 - Jesus is above all.

Psalms 110:1 - the Lord (Yahweh) said to my Lord - Jesus = Yhwh - Acts 2:34-36 - God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ.

Psalm 148:1-2 - the angels worship the Lord God - Heb. 1:6 - the angels worship Jesus. Only God is worshiped.

Prov. 3:12 - who the Lord loves He corrects - Rev. 3:19 - who Jesus loves He corrects.

Isaiah 7:14 - a virgin will bear a Son named Emmanuel which means "God is with us" - Matt. 1:23 - this Son is Jesus Christ, God in the flesh.

Isaiah 9:6 - the child to be born shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 25:8 - God swallows up death in victory - 2 Tim. 1:10 - Jesus abolishes death and brings life and immortality.

Isaiah 40:8 - the Word of God shall stand forever - Matt. 24:35 - the Words of Jesus shall not pass away.

Isaiah 42:8 - God gives His glory to no other - John 17:5; Heb. 1:3 - yet Jesus has the same glory as the Father.

Isaiah 43:14 - the Lord God is redeemer - Titus 2:14 - Jesus is the redeemer.

Isaiah 44:6 - the Lord God is the first and the last - Rev. 1:17; 2:8; 22:13 - Jesus is the first and the last.

Isaiah 45:19 - I, the Lord God, did not speak in secret - John 18:20 - Jesus said "I have said nothing secretly."

Isaiah 45:23 - to God, every knee shall bow and every tongue swear. Phil. 2:10-11 - at Jesus' name every knee should bow and tongue confess.

Isaiah 48:17 - God is the Holy One - Acts 3:14 - Jesus is the Holy One.

Isaiah 60:19 - God is everlasting light - Revelation 21:23 - Jesus the Lamb is eternal light.

Jer. 17:10 - the Lord searches the hearts and repays us according to our deeds - Rev. 2:23 - Jesus searches the hearts and repays us according to our deeds.

Ezek. 1:26-28; Daniel 7:9 - God's glorious appearance - Rev. 1:13-16 - Jesus' glorious appearance.

Ezek. 34:11-31 - God the Father is the shepherd of the flock - John 10:7-29 - Jesus is the shepherd of the flock.

Ezek. 34:16 - God seeks to save that which was lost - Luke 19:10 - Jesus seeks to save that which was lost.

Ezek. 34:17 - God judges between cattle, rams and goats - Matt. 25:32 - Jesus judges and separates the goats from the sheep.

Ezek. 43:2 - God's voice was like a noise of many waters - Rev. 1:15 - Jesus' voice was like the sound of many waters.

Dan. 2:47 - the Lord is the God of gods and the Lord of Lords - Rev. 17:14 - Jesus the Lamb is the Lord of Lords
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Lady2(f): 12:20am On Feb 27, 2010
[size=14pt]II. Jesus Christ's Witnesses Claim that Jesus is God[/size]

John 1:1 - John writes, "the Word was God." This is clear evidence of Jesus Christ's divinity. (Note: in the Jehovah's bible, the passage was changed to "Word was a god." This is not only an embarrassing attempt to deny the obvious divinity of Christ, but it also violates the first commandment and Isaiah 43:10 because it acknowledges that there is more than one God).

John 1:2-3 - He (the Word) was in the beginning with God and all things were made through Him (the Word who was God).

John 1:14 - the Word (who is God) became flesh (Jesus) and dwelled among us, full of grace and truth.

John 1:18 - the Greek word for "only-begotten" is "monogenes" which means unique, only member of a kind. It does not mean created.

John 1:51 - the angels of God - Matt. 13:41 - Son of Man's angels; 2 Thess. 1:7 - Jesus will be revealed from heaven with His angels.

John 3:5 - Jesus says without baptism one cannot enter into the Kingdom of God - Col. 1:13 - Paul says this is Jesus' Kingdom.

John 6:68-69 - Peter confesses that Jesus is the Son of God who has the words of eternal life.

Acts 2:36 - God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ - Acts 4:24 - Sovereign Lord who made heaven and earth. This means Jesus is God.

Acts 3:15 - Peter said the men of Israel "killed the Author of Life." This can only be God - Acts 14:15 - who made all things.

Acts 20:28 - to care for the Church of God which He obtained with His own blood. This means God shed His blood. When? When He died on the cross. This means Jesus is God.

Rom. 1:1 - Paul is an apostle of the Gospel of God - Rom. 15:19 - Paul preached the Gospel of Christ.

Rom. 7:22 - Paul says he delights in the law of God - Gal. 6:2 - Paul says fulfill the law of Christ.

Rom. 8:9 - Paul refers to both the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ.

Rom. 9:5 - Jesus Christ is God over all, blessed forever.

Rom. 11:36 - God for from Him through Him and to Him are all things - Heb. 2:10 - Jesus for whom and by whom are all things.

1 Cor. 15:9 - Paul says he persecuted the Church of God - Matt. 16:18; Rom. 16:16 - it is the Church of Jesus Christ.

1 Cor. 15:28 - God may be all in all - Colossians 3:11 - Christ is all and in all.

Gal. 1:5 - God the Father to whom be the glory forever - 2 Peter 3:18 - to Jesus Christ be the glory both now and forever.

Phil. 2:6-7 - Jesus was in the form of God, but instead of asserting His equality with God, emptied Himself for us.

Col. 1:15 - Jesus is the image of the invisible God, the "firstborn" of all creation. The Greek word for "first-born" is "prototokos" which means eternal preexistence (it never means created).

Col. 1:26 - God's saints - 1 Thess. 3:13 - at the coming of Jesus Christ with all His saints.

Col. 2:9 - in Jesus Christ the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily. He is the whole and entire fullness of the indivisible God in the flesh.

Titus 1:1 - Paul says he is a servant of God - Rom. 1:1 - Paul says he is a servant of Jesus Christ.

Titus 1:3-4 - God our Savior = Christ our Savior = Jesus Christ is God.

Titus 2:11 - the grace of God that has appeared to save all men - Acts 15:11 - through the grace of Jesus we have salvation.

Titus 2:13 - we await our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.

Titus 3:4 - 3:6 - great God and Savior Jesus Christ = God our Savior = Jesus Christ our Savior = Jesus is God.

Heb. 1:6 - when God brings His first-born into the world, let all the angels of God worship Him. Only God is worshiped.

Heb. 1:8 - God calls the Son "God." But of the Son He says, "Thy Throne Oh God is forever and ever."

Heb. 1:9 - God calls the Son "God." "Therefore, God, Thy God has anointed Thee."

Heb. 1:10 - God calls the Son "Lord." "And thou, Lord, didst found the earth in the beginning and the heavens are your work."

Heb. 13:12 - Paul says Jesus sanctifies the people with His blood - 1 Thess. 5:23 - the God of peace sanctifies the people.

2 Peter 1:1 - to those who have obtained a faith of equal standing in the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.

1 John 5:20 - "that we may know Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life."

Jude 4 - Jude calls Jesus Christ our only Master and Lord. Our only Master and Lord is God Himself.

Rev. 2:8 - the angel of the church in Smyrna wrote, "The words of the First and the Last, who died and came to life." See Isa. 44:6.

Rev. 22:6 - the Lord God sends angels - Rev. 22:16 - Jesus sends angels
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Lady2(f): 12:21am On Feb 27, 2010
[size=14pt]III. Jesus Christ Claims to be God[/size]

Matt. 4:7; Luke 4:12 - Jesus tells satan, "you shall not tempt the Lord your God" in reference to Himself.

Matt. 5:21-22; 27-28; 31-32; 33-34; 38-39; 43-44 - Jesus makes Himself equal to God when He declares, "You heard it said, but I say to you, "

Matt. 7:21-22; Luke 6:46 - not everyone who says to Jesus, "Lord, Lord." Jesus calls Himself Lord, which is God.

Matt. 9:2; Mark 2:5; Luke 5:20; 7:48 - Jesus forgives sins. Only God can forgive sins.

Matt. 12:8; Mark 2:28; Luke 6:5 - Jesus says that He is "Lord of the Sabbath." He is the Lord of God's law which means He is God.

Matt. 18:20 - Jesus says where two or three are gathered in His name, there He is in the midst of them.

Matt. 21:3; Luke 19:31,34 - Jesus calls himself "Lord." "The Lord has need of them."

Matt. 26:64; Mark 14:62; Luke 22:70 - Jesus acknowledges that He is the Son of God.

Matt. 28:20 - Jesus said He is with us always, even unto the end of the world. Only God is omnipresent.

Mark 14:36 - Jesus calls God "Abba," Aramaic for daddy, which was an absolutely unprecedented address to God and demonstrates Jesus' unique intimacy with the Father.

Luke 8:39 - Luke reports that Jesus said "tell how much God has done for you." And the man declared how much Jesus did.

Luke 17:18 - Jesus asks why the other nine lepers did not come back to give praise to Him, God, except the Samaritan leper.

Luke 19:38,40 - Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord. If these were silent, the very stones would cry out.

John 5:18 - Jesus claimed to be God. The Jews knew this because Jesus called God His Father and made Himself equal to God. This is why Jesus was crucified.

John 5:21-22 - Jesus gives life and says that all judgment has been given to Him by the Father.

John 5:23 - Jesus equates Himself with the Father, "whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him."

John 6:38 - Jesus says, "For I have come down from heaven."

John 8:12 - Jesus says "I am the light of the world." - 1 John 1:5 - God is light and in him there is no darkness at all.

John 8:19 - Jesus says, "if you knew me, you would know my Father also."

John 8:23 - Jesus says that He is not of this world. Only God is not of this world.

John 8:58 - Jesus says, "Before Abraham was, I AM." Exodus 3:14 - "I AM" means "Yahweh," which means God.

John 10:18 - Jesus says He has the power to lay down His life and take it up again - Gal. 1:1 - God raised Jesus to life.

John 10:30 - Jesus says, "I and the Father are one." They are equal. The Jews even claimed Jesus made Himself equal to God. Jesus' statement in John 14:28, "the Father is greater than I," cannot contradict John 10:30 (the Word of God is never in conflict). Jesus' statement in John 14:28 simply refers to His human messianic role as servant and slave, which He, and not the Father or the Holy Spirit, undertook in the flesh.

John 10:36 - again, Jesus claims that He is "the Son of God."

John 10:38; 14:10 - "the Father is in me and I am in the Father" means the Father and Son are equal.

John 12:45 - Jesus says, "He who sees Me sees Him who sent Me." God the Father is equal to God the Son.

John 13:13 - Jesus says, "You call me Teacher and Lord and you are right for so I AM."

John 14:6 - Jesus says "I am the way, and the truth and the life." Only God is the way, the truth and the life.

John 16:15 - Jesus says, "all things that the Father has are Mine." Jesus has everything God has which makes Him God.

John 16:28 - Jesus says that "He came from the Father and has come into the world."

John 17:5,24 - Jesus' desire is for us to behold His glory which He had before the foundation of the world.

John 20:17 - Jesus distinguishes His relationship to the Father from our relationship by saying "My Father and your Father."

Rev. 1:8 - God says He is the "Alpha and the Omega." In Rev. 22:13, Jesus also says He is the "Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the beginning and the end." The only possible conclusion one can reach is that Jesus is equal to the Lord God.

Rev. 1:17 - Jesus says again, "I am the First and the Last." This is in reference to the God prophesied by Isaiah in Isaiah 44:6, 41:4, 48:12.

Rev. 1:18 - Jesus, the First and the Last, also says "I died, and behold, I am alive for evermore." When did God ever die? He only did in the humanity of Jesus Christ our Lord and God.

Rev. 2:8 - Jesus again says, "The words of the First and the Last, who died and came to life." When did God die and come to life? In our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Lady2(f): 12:23am On Feb 27, 2010
[size=14pt]IV. Jesus' Miracles Testify that He is God[/size]

Matt. 1:23; Mark 1:27,35 - Jesus was conceived in the virginal womb of the Blessed Mother.

Matt. 3:16-17; Mark 1:10-11; John 1:32 - God's Spirit descends upon Jesus and the Father declares Jesus to be His Son.

Matt. 4:23-24; 9:35;15:30; Mark 1:34; 3:10; 6:5; Luke 4:40; 7:10; 13:13; 14:4; John 4:52 - Jesus miraculously cures illness and disease.

Matt. 7:35 - Jesus cures a deaf person with a speech impediment.

Matt. 8:3; Mark 1:41; Luke 5:13; 17:14 - Jesus cures leprosy.

Matt. 9:21-22; Mark 5:27-34; Luke 8:44 - the hem of Jesus' cloak cures the woman with the hemorrhage. See also Matt. 14:36.

Matt. 8:13; 9:7; Mark 2:9; Luke 5:25 - Jesus cures those who are paralyzed.

Matt. 8:15; Mark 1:31; Luke 4:39 - Jesus cures Peter's mother-in-law's fever.

Matt. 8:26; Mark 4:39; Luke 8:24 - Jesus calms the storm. Even the wind and sea obey Him.

Matt. 8:32; 9:33; 12:22; 15:28; 17:18; Mark 1:26,34; 3:11; 5:13; 7:30; 9:26; Luke 4:35,41; 8:33; 9:42; 11:14 - Jesus has power over demons.

Matt. 9:4; 12:25; Luke 6:8; 11:17 - Jesus knows people's thoughts.

Matt. 9:25; Mark 5:24; John 11:44 - Jesus raises people from the dead.

Matt. 9:30; 12:22; 20:34; 21:14; Mark 8:25; 10:52; Luke 7:21; 18:42; John 9:11 - Jesus cures the blind.

Matt. 12:13; Mark 3:5; Luke 6:10 - Jesus cures the man with the withered hand.

Matt. 14:19-20; 5:36-37; Mark 6:41-42; 8:7-8; Luke 9:16-17; John 6:11 - Jesus multiplies the loaves and fish and feeds the crowd of thousands.

Matt. 14:26; Mark 6:48; John 6:19 - Jesus walks on water.

Matt. 15:21; 16:21; 17:9,22; 20:18-19; 26:2; Mark 10:33-34; Luke 9:44; 17:25; 18:32-34 - Jesus predicts His passion.

Matt. 17:2; Mark 9:2; Luke 9:29 - Jesus is transfigured in glory.

Matt. 17:27 - Jesus miraculously has a shekel appear in the mouth of a fish.

Matt. 21:2-3; Mark 11:2; Luke 19:30 - Jesus predicts that a colt would be available for Him.

Matt. 21:19; Mark 11:14,20 - Jesus curses the fig tree and it withers.

Matt. 24:34; Mark 13:2; Luke 21:32 - Jesus predicts the fall of Jerusalem which occurred in 70 A.D.

Matt. 26:21-25; Mark 14:18-20; Luke 22:21; John 13:21,26 - Jesus predicts Judas' betrayal.

Matt. 26:26-28; Mk. 14:22,24; Luke 22;19-20; 1 Cor. 11:24-25 - Jesus changes bread and wine into His body and blood.

Matt. 26:34; Mark 14:30; Luke 22:34; John 13:38 - Jesus predicts Peter's denial.

Matt. 27:51-54; Mark 15:38-39 - supernatural events occur at Jesus' death.

Matt. 28:9; Mark 16:9,12,14; Luke 7:14-15; 8:54-55; 24:5,31,36; John 20:14,19,26; 21:1-14 - Jesus rises from the dead.

Mark 14:13; Luke 22:10 - Jesus predicts that a man carrying a jug of water will show them the furnished room for the Passover.

Mark 16:19; Luke 24:51 - Jesus ascends into heaven.

Luke 2:13-14 - the angels praise Jesus' birth.

Luke 5:7; John 21:6 - Jesus directs the miraculous catch of fish.

Luke 24:31 - Jesus has the ability to vanish out of sight.

John 2:9 - Jesus changes water into wine.

John 13:36; 21:18 - Jesus predicts Peter's death. Peter was martyred in Rome around 67 A.D.

John 20:19,26 - Jesus has the ability to appear even when the doors are locked.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Lady2(f): 12:24am On Feb 27, 2010
[size=14pt]V. Jesus Christ is Worshiped[/size]

Rev. 4:9-11; 5:8,12-14; 7:11-12 - both Jesus and the Father are worshiped. The Greek word for worship is "proskuneo" which always means the worship of God.

Matt. 2:2,11 - the magi who came to see the newborn Jesus came to worship Him.

Matt. 8:2 - a leper came to Jesus and worshiped Him without rebuke.

Matt. 14:33 - the apostles who were in the boat worshiped Jesus without rebuke.

Matt. 28:9 - Jesus' disciples took His feet and worshiped Him without rebuke.

Matt. 28:17 - Jesus' disciples saw Him and then worshiped Him.

Mark 5:6 - the man with the unclean spirit ran to Jesus and worshiped Him.

Luke 1:11 - Mary accepts Elizabeth's declaration "the Mother of my Lord" = the Mother of my God (Elizabeth used the word "Adonai" which means "Lord God"wink.

Luke 24:52 - as Jesus ascended into heaven, the apostles worshiped Him.

John 9:38 - the blind man who was cured by Jesus worshiped Him.

John 20:28 - Jesus accepts Thomas' statement "My Lord and my God!" Literally, "the Lord of me and the God of me!" (in Greek, "Ho Kurios mou kai ho Theos mou"wink.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Lady2(f): 12:25am On Feb 27, 2010
[size=14pt]I. The Holy Spirit is God[/size]

Job 33:4 - "The Spirit of God made me and the breath of the Almighty has given me life." Only God is the creator of life.

Matt. 12:31; Luke 12:10 - Jesus says blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. Only God can be blasphemed.

John 4:24 - God is a spirit (the Holy Spirit) and they who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. Only God is worshiped.

John 14:16,26; 15:26; 16:7 - the Father and the Son send the Counselor, the Holy Spirit - Isaiah 9:6 - the Counselor is Mighty God.

Acts 5:3-4,9 - Peter tells Ananias that he lied to the Holy Spirit, and that he has not lied to men, but to God (the Holy Spirit).

Acts 28:25-27 - the Holy Spirit said "Go to this people and say, " - Isaiah 6:8-10 - the Lord said "Go to this people and say, "

Rom. 8:11 - the Spirit that raised Jesus up from the dead - Gal. 1:1 - God the Father raised Jesus from the dead.

1 Cor. 2:10 - the Spirit searches everything - Jer. 17:10 - the Lord searches the heart.

1 Cor. 3:16 - you are the temple of God - 1 Cor. 6:19 - you are the temple of the Holy Spirit.

1 Cor. 12:4-6 - there are varieties of gifts but the same Spirit, varieties of service but the same Lord, varieties of working but same God.

2 Cor. 3:6,17 - we are ministers of the covenant in the Spirit which gives life. Now the Lord (God) is the Spirit.

Heb. 10:16 - the Holy Spirit said this is the covenant I will make - Jer. 31:33 - the Lord said this is the covenant I will make.

1 Peter 1:2 - we are sanctified by the Holy Spirit - 1 Thess. 5:23 - the very God of peace sanctifies you wholly.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Lady2(f): 12:28am On Feb 27, 2010
[size=14pt]II. The Holy Spirit is a Person[/size]

Luke 12:12 - the Holy Spirit will teach you in that hour what you ought to say. He (the Holy Spirit) teaches the faithful.

John 14:17 - the world neither sees Him or knows Him ("Him" is referring to the Holy Spirit). You know Him for He dwells with you.

John 14:26 - the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all I have said to you.

John 15:26 - the Spirit, who proceeds from the Father, He will bear witness to me. He = the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is a person, not a thing.

John 16:7 - if I do not go, the Counselor will not come to you. But if I go, I (Jesus) will send Him to you.

John 16:7 - this verse also proves the filioque (that the Holy Spirit proceeds from both the Father and the Son). The Father isn’t just loving the Son; the Son is loving the Father in return, in the same Spirit of love. Therefore, the Spirit proceeds from both the Father and the Son.

John 16: 8 - when He (the Holy Spirit) comes, He will convince the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment.

John 16:13-14 - when the Spirit of truth comes He will guide you into all truth. He will speak, He will declare and He will glorify.

Acts 8:29; 10:19-20; 11:12;13:2; Rev. 22:17 - the Holy Spirit speaks to us like a human person.

Acts 15:25,28 - it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us. The Holy Spirit, as a divine person, thinks and makes judgments.

Rom. 8:26 - the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with sighs too deep for words. It is the Spirit Himself, not itself.

Rom. 8:16 - it is the Spirit Himself bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God. The Spirit is a person.

Rom. 15:30 - I appeal to you by the Lord Jesus and the love of the Spirit. Only persons, rational beings, can love.

1 Cor. 12:11 - the Holy Spirit apportions His gifts to each one individually as He wills. He is the third person of the Godhead.

2 Cor. 13:14 - the Holy Spirit can have fellowship with the faithful like a human person.

Eph. 4:30 - the Holy Spirit can be grieved, just as human persons can be grieved.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

'Men That Wash Plate Don't Prosper' - Evangelist Ebuka Obi / Rep Your Church / How To Meet with Prophet TB Joshua in scoan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.