Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

What Is Wrong With Me - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is Wrong With Me (3501 Views)

What Is Wrong With My Face / What Is Wrong? / NMA Strike Update: Nigeria's Intractable Healthcare Crises; Why JOHESU Is Wrong. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Me by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 22, 2012
in d 1st week of july dis year i took ill and was diagnosed with malaria and typhoid, i was admitted into the hospital, treated and discharged. But towards the end of july and early august i began to feel the symptoms of malaria, so i went for malaria test, and to my surprise i had malaria plus plus (++) for that mata. i took coartem because it was highly recommended and a week after completing d dosage i went for malaria test dis tym it turned out dat i still had malaria bt one plus ie malaria(+). i again took coartem so as make sure i didnt have malaria at all, dis was ending of august and d beginning of September.i started feeling sickly recently so i went for another malaria and typhoid test today 22nd sept.,2012 and again i had malaria (++) bt nothin serious from typhoid. My problem now is what is wrong with me, why can't the malaria clear out of my body and its not lyk am exposed 2 mosquitoes;i sleep under mosquito net, i never go out in the evening witout a long sleeve shirt and trouser infact i even wear socks every evening, all these is to make sure i stand a very low risk of being bitten by mosquitoes. Yet malaria is always in my body. Pls can anybody help me out
Re: What Is Wrong With Me by pafestula(m): 9:48pm On Sep 22, 2012
Sorry to say... Go for HIV test pls
Re: What Is Wrong With Me by LadyWinona: 10:02pm On Sep 22, 2012
pafestula: Sorry to say... Go for HIV test pls
...and to add to this, do try and be proactive. Ensure u sleep under long lasting insecticide treated nets, put nets on ur windows and doors and fleet ur residence b4 u finally do sleep in. Ensure ur surroundings are clean n tidy and above all, be careful how u pump urself with these antimal b4 u create some kind of resistant strains in u
Re: What Is Wrong With Me by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 22, 2012
pafestula: Sorry to say... Go for HIV test pls
yes.

In addition, always make sure you complete your dose. Sometimes the causative organism can develop resistance against the drugs you failed to complete..

and.. your genotype?
Re: What Is Wrong With Me by toshmann(m): 10:28pm On Sep 22, 2012
@poster
nothing is wrong with you. west africa is a basket of malaria. if you were born and raised in west africa, there's a 90% chance that there will be malaria parasites in your blood bc mosquitoes are everywhere. we've been exposed to them right from birth. also our medicines are not so powerful(me i dont trust naija drugs sef) and even at that, most medicine clears the parasites in the blood, but there are also parasites inside the liver. so when the blood isn cleared and the patient feels better, the ones in the liver may still be there. infact, as God will have it, west africans have the natural protection from malaria too. that's why even ++ parasites in your blood doesnt mean you are very sick. a lot of nigerians are going about their daily business with malaria ++ . . bc they have that natural immunity from malaria. but if you travel outside the country for a loooong time(like me) you'll loose that immunity. and in that case, if mosquito bite you, na wahala o, bc at that time ++ fit kill you, or do you real permanent damage.

for now, you're ok. just get the right medicine and dont worry too much if you have +, as long as you feel great. cool
Re: What Is Wrong With Me by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 22, 2012
i have and its negative. besides i have neva done anything dat would expose me to hiv. i have neva had sex b4, neither have i eva had blood transfusion, i have my own clipper etc.
Re: What Is Wrong With Me by MCLOVIN: 3:54pm On Sep 23, 2012
@ post
If you've read the news lately, you would have known malaria is now resistant to most conventional anti malarials.

Try any artemisin + lumefantrine combination for better results.

As for aids test, the worst time to do the test is while you're feeling ill. Avoid it till you're feeling better. Many people still write to to say they tested negative years after testing positive elsewhere. They happy but have to to start from scratch to recoup their losses from consequences of what seemed to be a false positive result.

Aids test is not like an eye exam. Approach it with utmost care.
Re: What Is Wrong With Me by navygrl: 7:17pm On Sep 23, 2012
Seek treatment with quinine (injection or IV) Its still the most effective treatment available but reserved for the most sever cases
Re: What Is Wrong With Me by stevecantrell: 7:34pm On Sep 23, 2012
navygrl: Seek treatment with quinine (injection or IV) Its still the most effective treatment available but reserved for the most sever cases

So I've been told. But the hearing loss ! My ears are still ringing from last year's treatment with IV quinine.
Re: What Is Wrong With Me by navygrl: 5:24am On Sep 24, 2012
That is not a normal side effect of quinine. Actually I don't think IV ever seen it listed as a possible side effect. Your dosage may have been contaminated.
steve_cantrell:

So I've been told. But the hearing loss ! My ears are still ringing from last year's treatment with IV quinine.
Re: What Is Wrong With Me by stevecantrell: 7:42am On Sep 24, 2012
Really ?

The Effects of Quinine Induced Hearing Loss On Auditory Perception

www.acoustics.org/press/157th/williams.html
Re: What Is Wrong With Me by navygrl: 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2012
Really. Skins and liver issues are the most common. Foul fast and body aches are next. Checked at work, hearing issues are not listed as a side effect of quinine
Re: What Is Wrong With Me by stevecantrell: 11:08pm On Jan 26, 2013
Ok then,
Remind your doctor to rush a IV Quinine Sulphate drip in you when next you have malaria.
Re: What Is Wrong With Me by Tycoon4(m): 8:42pm On Jan 28, 2013
First off...Quinine can pose a hairing impairment side effect, cause of its effect on 8th cranial nerve; however its been found that majority of Artemeter-Lumefantrine are been constantly resisted by certain strains of Plasmodium spp, hence, the need for stringent approaches.

So @OP,
Try any Artesunate+SP combo (artesunate+swidar, etc) or a dihydropiperaquine combo, this should clear the level of the MP, den ensure that u complete the doses and undergo d tests again
Goodluck!
Re: What Is Wrong With Me by Tycoon4(m): 10:35pm On Jan 28, 2013
navygrl: Really. Skins and liver issues are the most common. Foul fast and body aches are next. Checked at work, hearing issues are not listed as a side effect of quinine
Check again, it is!
Re: What Is Wrong With Me by stevecantrell: 6:28pm On Jan 29, 2013
Ty_coon:
Check again, it is!

Don't mind Stevie Wonder !

(1) (Reply)

The Best Ulcer Cure In The Country For Now. / Hepatitis B Awareness / Where Can I Get Steroids In Nigeria And How Much?..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.