Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,334 members, 7,836,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) (917 Views)

Adeboye Inscribes Redeem Logo On New $65m Private Jet!!! / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by MacDaddy01: 12:03pm On Sep 23, 2012
I am fully convinced that to be influential, one needs power and money provides that power. Especially in Nigeria

I am looking at buying a range rover if I move to Naija. Unfortunately, my dad aint gonna pay! angry angry. Yes, pay millions for my education but when it comes to swag, I am on my own angry angry angry

Now, you are asking why I am desperate for a range rover and I am talking about wealth. I know a Chinese girl in london that drives a range rover who is bhuddist. She is a friend of my Asian friend. I am not close friends with her but we have mutual friends because we went to the same university. Guess what? She has many Nigerian born again friends!

The issue here is that these same people bash other religions (they think I am a christian) and so, they freely bash Buddhism as a morally bankrupt religion that doesnt relly have a concept of good and bad since it accepts so many paths to spirituality and is sometimes very atheistic. However, these same people like the chinese girl because she is very patient and calm. She also has swag with the range rover. Now, one of my friend says that he is sliding from his christian faith and he used the chinese girl as one of many reasons he gave. He said that if religion does not make anyone good or bad and that a buddhist can be good why must then christianity claim to be the one truth and the light?

Now, we have seen two things, people are won over by;

a) Good behaviour
b) Wealth/swag

The chinese girl had nothing in her personality that they could use to hate her. She was not abusive like some of them. The issue of wealth come in when you notice that people think twice before they insult someone driving an expensive car or showing affluence.
Consider Richard Dawkings for a moment. He is an atheist respected for his intellect and manners. However, the mega-church pastors, bishops and christian speakers wield more respect in the public than Richard Dawkings due to their wealth and power behind pulpits.

Who has more respect, Chinua Achebe or Soyinka or Oyedepo? Oyedepo.

Oyedepo can fly to Australia and find a christian politician to pay so that the politician can come for an all expense holiday in Nigeria and attend his sermons. Money brings opportunities. Soyinka will have a hard time finding a publisher to push any new book he pens. Past glory doesn count. Profits matter to the publishers.

Another thing is that money brings protection. Security is always an important issue for the atheist if he is to survive in Nigeria. Enough times in America has it occured where christians threaten atheists that atheists respond with expensive lawsuits and reports to the police of death threats. Such response shuts the christians up. It takes money to file such lawsuits. In Nigeria, I remember one pastor that was cursing one big man who then used soldiers to beat him up. His congregation abandoned him forever seeing that the pastor was made to do frog jumps like a child. grin

[size=18pt]No one listens to a poor man. Get that swag, atheists. No one can argue against a good behaviour and a range rover.
[/size]

Sermon is over, please donate to the logicalist church of atheism, yourt tithe will be used towards a range rover and then a private jet!

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by cyrexx: 12:25pm On Sep 23, 2012
Money, power and respect goes together, especially in Nigeria, no doubt.
But genuine respect comes from admiration of a person's character and charisma and that cannot be bought with money.

I support your desire to amass wealth in order to gain the respect of Nigerians, cos we celebrate what we should detest and detest what we should celebrate.

Best wishes sincerely from my heart to you in your quest for big wealth.

By the way, where can we donate money to support your ministry. I expect you to write your paypal/bank account.
Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by MacDaddy01: 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2012
cyrexx: Money, power and respect goes together, especially in Nigeria, no doubt.
But genuine respect comes from admiration of a person's character and charisma and that cannot be bought with money.

I support your desire to amass wealth in order to gain the respect of Nigerians, cos we celebrate what we should detest and detest what we should celebrate.

Best wishes sincerely from my heart to you in your quest for big wealth.

By the way, where can we donate money to support your ministry. I expect you to write your paypal/bank account.

Nice one.

However, the only time I will truly ask for donations is if I am going to use the donation for a project or something that helps other atheist or other people who are vulnerable. To use the money for personal gain is to follow the same immorality of criminal pastors.

That being said, if only my parents supported my atheism 100%, things would move faster with money. Anyways, can wait to start working and making money!
Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 23, 2012
I want the new bugatti!
Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by MacDaddy01: 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2012
SimonAndal: I want the new bugatti!

see this 419. Na handcuff you go get! grin grin grin

Why stop at Bugatti? Why not add Lamborghinni and Ferrari to your collection!

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 23, 2012
Nah, Lamborghini and Ferrari and all those i's are for queers and faggotts.
Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by MacDaddy01: 1:00pm On Sep 23, 2012
SimonAndal: Nah, Lamborghini and Ferrari and all those i's are for queers and faggotts.

lmao....you don craze finish!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2012
I'm serious. You're never gonna catch me driving one of them faggott cars. Bleeping arse homos! They're gonna burn in hell!

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2012
And all there fucking atheists everywhere. Fire and brimstone! These are the signs of the endtime!! It's stated in Revelations chapter 59 that many will profess their disdain for god and godly things, and become deviants. This is it. Homosexuality and lesbianism and atheism. The devil is in your hearts, and the lord god will cast you out on the last day!

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 23, 2012
Ok, I'm back. My schizophrenic alter ego took over for a while there, sorry. She tends to be.....bigoted. Here name's Linda, btw!
Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by MacDaddy01: 1:10pm On Sep 23, 2012
SimonAndal: And all there fucking atheists everywhere. Fire and brimstone! These are the signs of the endtime!! It's stated in Revelations chapter 59 that many will profess their disdain for god and godly things, and become deviants. This is it. Homosexuality and lesbianism and atheism. The devil is in your hearts, and the lord god will cast you out on the last day!

Thanks for derailing my thread with your sarcasm.

Cant you see that I'm trying to link up with rich atheists? Why do you want to put sand in my garri?
Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by MacDaddy01: 2:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
MacDaddy01:

[size=18pt]No one listens to a poor man. Get that swag, atheists. No one can argue against a good behaviour and a range rover.
[/size]

Sermon is over, please donate to the logicalist church of atheism, yourt tithe will be used towards a range rover and then a private jet!

Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 25, 2012
Are you bumping your own thread? Lol
Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by MacDaddy01: 4:14pm On Sep 25, 2012
SimonAndal: Are you bumping your own thread? Lol

angry angry angry angry

For the last time, dont put sand in my garri!
Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by Delafruita(m): 5:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
religionists,especially christians havee a hypocritical notion about wealth and riches.they claim the riches of these world should be forgone for the riches of heaven.however,the same people will readily take a scrappy job that pays peanuts.others would start a business and give a gazillion % of it to their churches as tithes,offerings,first fruits, etc.me loves money because money gives you the power to give meaning to your life

1 Like

Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by MacDaddy01: 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
Delafruita: religionists,especially christians havee a hypocritical notion about wealth and riches.they claim the riches of these world should be forgone for the riches of heaven.however,the same people will readily take a scrappy job that pays peanuts.others would start a business and give a gazillion % of it to their churches as tithes,offerings,first fruits, etc.me loves money because money gives you the power to give meaning to your life

lol....how true!
Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
hmmmm...

<in low voice> we could pretend to be men of God.. buzugee will handle deliverance and miracles, jesoul offerings, of course we wont preach tithes, no need for JoAgbaje, non tithing should mark us out, we'll just focus more on the importance of giving... secretly, we'll send the money to any atheists of our choice to invest in something more worthwhile ...

church name would be ... hmmm.. give me a sec..
Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 25, 2012
On a more serious note, Mac, .... I dunno what to say, so I'm gonna be the troll everybody loves to hate. See, I found God, on the corner of First and Amistad.
Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by MacDaddy01: 12:43pm On Sep 26, 2012
musKeeto: hmmmm...

<in low voice> we could pretend to be men of God.. buzugee will handle deliverance and miracles, jesoul offerings, of course we wont preach tithes, no need for JoAgbaje, non tithing should mark us out, we'll just focus more on the importance of giving... secretly, we'll send the money to any atheists of our choice to invest in something more worthwhile ...

church name would be ... hmmm.. give me a sec..

lol.....I think we should still hire Jo-agbaje (Aka Jo-dollar aka Jo-cashflow). He knows how to make people donate.
Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by MacDaddy01: 12:44pm On Sep 26, 2012
SimonAndal: On a more serious note, Mac, .... I dunno what to say, so I'm gonna be the troll everybody loves to hate. See, I found God, on the corner of First and Amistad.

Calm down and lets discuss how we are going to make tat atheist money? Atheist churhc of tithe?
Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by UyiIredia(m): 8:08pm On Sep 26, 2012
MacDaddy01:
That being said, if only my parents supported my atheism 100%, things would move faster with money. Anyways, can wait to start working and making money!

There you have it ! A clear reason why MacDaddy trolls Nairaland. He is jobless.
Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by MacDaddy01: 9:16pm On Sep 26, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

There you have it ! A clear reason why MacDaddy trolls Nairaland. He is jobless.

lol.....Jobless and rich.

Unlike you, that will always be poor, job or no job

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:

lol.....Jobless and rich.

Unlike you, that will always be poor, job or no job
_
BURN!!!!
Re: An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) by MacDaddy01: 9:06am On Sep 27, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
BURN!!!!

Notice that he didnt come back?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Reasons For Ignorance And Confusion In The Body Of Christ / Atheist Has Vivid Dream Of Heaven. / The True Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.