Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

The Reasons For Ignorance And Confusion In The Body Of Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reasons For Ignorance And Confusion In The Body Of Christ (910 Views)

Endtime Body Of Christ Church In Akure: What i spotted this evening(pics) / Religious Issue And Confusion, Please Read This!!! / The State Of The Religion Forum - Blasphemy And Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reasons For Ignorance And Confusion In The Body Of Christ by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 14, 2012
1. Laziness - Many of us are Olympic athletes when it comes to chasing after money or studying for a career , but are as lazy as a sloth when it comes to seeking GOD and his truths.

2. Half-heartedness - Many in the church today want to have it both ways, so they play church and also play the world, thinking that God can be conned. If at all they study the bible it is with this half-hearted approach , no wonder they can never come to a knowledge of the truth.

3. Tradition - Elevation of church tradition above the word of GOD. To some who profess the name of Christ, sola scriptura is heresy, tradition always supercedes scripture. For these ones, tradition always beclouds their sight of the deep bible truths

4. Men pleasers - Because Pastor so and so said this , or because pastor so and so interprets the bible this way , then he must be right, after all he is a great man of God while we are just little shrimps that feed off the plankton.

4. Fear of MAN - If we dare stick to the bible , we will lose our standing with the Men of GOD , in fact some of our own brethren will disown us , the man of GOD is actually the literal sola scriptura and can never be wrong, he is a pope-like figure in the body of Christ.

5. Prayerlessness - if Only we pray for wisdom and insight , the bible should have become an easy book to read, instead we refuse to pray and rather go through volumes and volumes of theological junk.

6. Sin - If you regard sin in your heart God will not hear you

Just my early morning thoughts poured out on paper.

Personally , I also have some way to go yet, how about you ?

"my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children." - Hosea 4:6
Re: The Reasons For Ignorance And Confusion In The Body Of Christ by destinedtee(m): 11:42am On Nov 14, 2012
Thanks Brother Frosbel...Stay Blessed.
Re: The Reasons For Ignorance And Confusion In The Body Of Christ by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:58am On Nov 14, 2012
There is no absolute truth in the world of religion; only interpretations. It's amusing to see so many claim to be led by the Spirit with a million different interpretations of the same thing. This Spirit I keep hearing about must be an author of confusion.

The warped world of christianity for you.
Re: The Reasons For Ignorance And Confusion In The Body Of Christ by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 14, 2012
Obi1kenobi: There is no absolute truth in the world of religion; only interpretations. It's amusing to see so many claim to be led by the Spirit with a million different interpretations of the same thing. This Spirit I keep hearing about must be an author of confusion.

The warped world of christianity for you.

There is absolute truth for those who seek for it.

Those who want truth with no break from sin, without obedience to the source of truth, on their own terms or do not seek for it like hidden treasure, they will forever learn , perhaps for the entire duration of their life span , and never ever come to a knowledge of the truth.

Again the question is, what is truth ?

We know that truth is not in a religious sect or institution, truth is not something that evolves as we move on to higher planes of knowledge.

Truth is a person, Christianity is not the truth, Islam is not the truth, Buddhism is not the truth, JESUS is the TRUTH.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me - John 14:6

1 Like

Re: The Reasons For Ignorance And Confusion In The Body Of Christ by slimming: 12:17pm On Nov 14, 2012
All these reasons are right but the really enemy is the devil.
Re: The Reasons For Ignorance And Confusion In The Body Of Christ by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:24pm On Nov 14, 2012
frosbel:

There is absolute truth for those who seek for it.

Those who want truth with no break from sin, without obedience to the source of truth, on their own terms or do not seek for it like hidden treasure, they will forever learn , perhaps for the entire duration of their life span , and never ever come to a knowledge of the truth.

Again the question is, what is truth ?

We know that truth is not in a religious sect or institution, truth is not something that evolves as we move on to higher planes of knowledge.

Truth is a person, Christianity is not the truth, Islam is not the truth, Buddhism is not the truth, JESUS is the TRUTH.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me - John 14:6

A lot of people satisfy all those conditions and still interpret things very differently among themselves. Jesus is not the truth. Jesus is YOUR truth. That is the plain truth.
Re: The Reasons For Ignorance And Confusion In The Body Of Christ by Zikkyy(m): 12:55pm On Nov 14, 2012
frosbel:
JESUS is the TRUTH.

Obi1kenobi:
Jesus is not the truth. Jesus is YOUR truth. That is the plain truth.

@frosbel oya, your turn.

(1) (Reply)

The Last Bus Stop To Your Problem / Why Catholics Abstain From Eating Meat On Fridays During Lent / 'Decadent West Na-ked In Coffin Of Shame'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.