Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,940 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. (21332 Views)

Ex-IGP, Mike Okiro Vs Saharareporters, Omoyele Sowore / 500 Police College Recruits Expelled For Theft, Forgery / Saudi Amputates Nigerian’s Hand For Theft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2012
Former Inspector General of Police, Sunday Ehindero has been remanded in Kuje prisons, Abjua following his inablilty to meet bail conditions set by court.

Ehindero is on trial for allegedly embezzling N16 million meant for the police force, while at the helm of affairs. The prosecutor, Independent Corrupt Practices and Other related offences commission(ICPC) said the money was the interest that accrued to N567 million donated to the police, for the procurement of arms, ammunition and riot control equipment, by the Bayelsa State Government. Bayelsa State Government made the donation when President Goodluck Jonathan was the state’s governor.

The ICPC alleged that Ehindero and a suspended Commissioner of Police in charge of Budget at the Force Headquarters, John Obaniyi, conspired to embezzle the funds. Both men are facing a six-count charge at the court.

Oniyangi had granted the former police chief bail in the sum of N10 million and was to also provide a surety in like sum. Failure to meet the bail conditions, Oniyangi ruled, the former police boss should be remanded in prison.

With Ehindero’s failure to meet the bail applications by Friday evening, he will spend at least the next 48 hours, until Monday, with fellow prisoners at the Kuje prisons.

Ehindero succeeded Tafa Balogun, who was also convicted for corruption, as police chief. He was the police Inspector General between 2005 and 2007.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/ehindero-remanded-prison

Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by question(m): 2:09pm On Sep 23, 2012
Who cares?

2 Likes

Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Beaf1: 2:32pm On Sep 23, 2012
^
A corrupt police officer. Your superiors are surely leading be example.
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by samakro: 6:33pm On Sep 23, 2012
nawa oooo a whole chief
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by hok4u(f): 6:33pm On Sep 23, 2012
Who says nigeria won't get better. . .

1 Like

Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Fynist(m): 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2012
#10 millon Naira bail for #16 Million Naira theft. Smh

3 Likes

Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by ibsmooth: 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2012
A thousand kilometers starts with a step.Good development and this is hoping justice will be meted on him if found guilty @ d end of the day.pls ICPC and EFCC should also go after all previous leaders(ole)that have brought us to this stand still.Expecially ex-gov in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Usokristi: 6:37pm On Sep 23, 2012
Pity he is caught but he will be freed soon no be naija we dey

2 Likes

Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by adidimeme(m): 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2012
Who cares...stupid man, God purnish you.
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2012
Get Bailed and the Case is over.

As usual

2 Likes

Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by gbogboti: 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2012
Honestly I think the "bail clause" in our judicial system should be completely removed when it has to do with top political appointees and politicians alike. Go round the country and see the shams our police officers live in. From Maiduguri to Ikeja, they are all the same. Very dirty. How can a police officer live in a room and parlour with grown-up kids? Anytime I see the police barrack along constain, Lagos, I feel like slapping all the idiots in force headquatres Abuja hot slaps. Not forgetting the Police barrack opposite MTN, Falomo, Lagos etc

4 Likes

Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Bigflamie(m): 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2012
Same fairy tale, just in no time it will definitely become a business. Naija's justice indeed
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by mycoldsweat: 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2012
This is a good development for the NPF if only the present IGP and his AIG's are listening it cld be any bodys turn tomorrow if they don't change their ways and be honourable while in positions of authority
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by BlackBaron: 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2012
Fynist: #10 millon Naira bail for #16 Million Naira theft. Smh

Factor in his accomplice "suspended Commissioner of Police in charge of Budget at the Force Headquarters, John Obaniyi" translates to #8 Million if shared equally versus his #10 million bail. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by ebamma(m): 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2012
The way people dey play with millions for dis country dey make me cry,I dey here dey find 16,000 naira to balance my landlord for him rent anoda man dey dia dey embezzle 16 million naira

4 Likes

Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by babseg(m): 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2012
Why the name on his uniform written in mirror image
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Xtana: 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2012
Please, they should not put him in jail because he will corrupt other civilian criminals.

3 Likes

Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2012
N16 MILLION??
others are busy stashing away billions and getting away with it oga former IGP is being harassed for N16m.

Even farouk wasnt subjected to this kind of humiliation.
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by bonna4u(m): 6:48pm On Sep 23, 2012
Who gives a hoot when nothing was recovered from Tafa Balogun. Moves over to next topic.
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by lovelymind(m): 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2012
Datz gud n it will surely teach lesson 2 others. Before he will come out he will look like dis ^^ grin

Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by DICKtator: 6:51pm On Sep 23, 2012
RICHIE BOI: Former Inspector General of Police, Sunday Ehindero has been remanded in Kuje prisons, Abjua following his inablilty to meet bail

With Ehindero’s failure to meet the bail applications by Friday evening, he will spend at least the next 48 hours, until Monday, with fellow prisoners at the Kuje prisons.
grin grin grin grin
Ehindero succeeded Tafa Balogun, who was also convicted for corruption, as police chief. He was the police Inspector General between 2005 and 2007.
Change of baton
Passing of torch
grin grin grin grin

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/ehindero-remanded-prison
grin grin grin grin
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by DonXavi(m): 6:51pm On Sep 23, 2012
I possibly believe that he stepped on some godfathers toes, if not he wouldn't have spent even a night incarcerated. That's our naija for u.
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 23, 2012
Lol. Whose girlfriend did he snatch? Or which 'Bleep up' is he guilty of in the inner caucus? It's clear something is wrong somewhere, otherwise, Ehindero wouldn't be going through this embarrassment. They all buy their gurlfriends SUVs and houses worth far more than the trifling amount he is being tried for embezzling.Dem dey treat him Bleep up be dat.
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by humpito(m): 6:52pm On Sep 23, 2012
What do u expect? They are all rogues in uniform.
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by chucky234(m): 6:53pm On Sep 23, 2012
ebamma: The way people dey play with millions for dis country dey make me cry,I dey here dey find 16,000 naira to balance my landlord for him rent anoda man dey dia dey embezzle 16 million naira
You can still embezzle your landlord na
LWKMD
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by emmykk(m): 6:54pm On Sep 23, 2012
hok4u: Who says nigeria won't get better. . .
a female police officer by name mabel of the mile 1 police station port harcourt rivers state with phone number 08037809873 that i met on the 2GO chatting software stole two of my laptops mainly because we later were in intimate r/ship,it was then i know that the rank and file of the police is a can full of worms.she took the 1st laptop mysterously that i cannot pinpoint it then and did not want to accuse her without evidence,until when i caught her with the 2nd 1 allthough she has already succeeded it taking-we have since part ways .always check ur lady bag when they are leaving.and dont date police laadies o
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Aifey(m): 6:56pm On Sep 23, 2012
Get bail n go scot free, nigeria is nt changin anytin. This is just our media parade. Notin new. Gej sees lootin everyday n boko bomb blasts.witout takin necessary actions. He will foooolishly come out 2tel us 2contuinue prayin 4nigeria. I still ask if d likes of China, UK, US, india et al if they used prayers n miracle 2turn their tides around. Keep prayin while they keep lootin. Hw can we get ther when d likes of bankole, farook, name them are caled hounourables. A big Shame.
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by otokx(m): 6:56pm On Sep 23, 2012
emmykk: a female police officer by name mabel of the mile 1 police station port harcourt rivers state with phone number 08037809873 that i met on the 2GO chatting software stole two of my laptops mainly because we later were in intimate r/ship,it was then i know that the rank and file of the police is a can full of worms.she took the 1st laptop mysterously that i cannot pinpoint it then and did not want to accuse her without evidence,until when i caught her with the 2nd 1 allthough she has already succeeded it taking-we have since part ways .always check ur lady bag when they are leaving.and dont date police laadies o

noted
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by DANILSA(m): 7:04pm On Sep 23, 2012
please is democracy working here or did he match a forbidden toe? please go back and beg them to forgive u but if its democracy i think it will be a welcome development grin grin they should start using the rich and influential for scape goat not only the poor. grin grin grin
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 23, 2012
ebamma: The way people dey play with millions for dis country dey make me cry,I dey here dey find 16,000 naira to balance my landlord for him rent anoda man dey dia dey embezzle 16 million naira
abeg in case your yeye landlord pursue you, I get extra room to accomodate you if you bring one bag of garri! (Ijebu garri to be precise). I dey ready to help as per Nairalander parole! grin
Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by klax(m): 7:05pm On Sep 23, 2012
16 Million with N10 Million for bail?? And many are out there looting billion still parading themselves as god fathers and elderstatemen or Honourable?? Well good development but ................

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Ganduje Distributes 100 New Transformers In Kano (Photos) / Demand For Probe Increases Over Abba Kyari’s Daughter’s NSIA Appointment / Electoral Act 84 (12): Appeal Court Stops Malami, PDP Gets Nod To Appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.