Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

What Do You Do When Your Proposal Is Hijacked. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Do When Your Proposal Is Hijacked. (8565 Views)

Ex-militants Threaten To Blow Up Hijacked Vessel, Expatriates Onboard Over Biafr / 'How Cabals In The Presidency Hijacked Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment' - SDC / Trailer Full Of Motor Bikes Hijacked By Katsina Indigenes (With Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Do When Your Proposal Is Hijacked. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 28, 2012
This thread is really insightful, i would wish that the moderator kindly make it frontpage again. Thanks to all esp drzd for your contribution. While reading it, i refuse to post until i reached the end and my my am the happiest since with this knowledge, i have decided to stepback look carefully before launching out again.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Proposal Is Hijacked. by Nobody: 1:13am On Sep 30, 2012
hisblud:

good question hope someone will throw some light.

About Yomieluv's question, someone already has. Drzed no less. However, I will reiterate what he said and I agree with.

As much as possible, go with a lawyer. That does not necessarily make it legal. It just shows that you're serious and professional. It also shows that you fully intend to protect your rights.

By all means, do not present the full proposal. Keep away details of methods, techniques etc that are unique to your approach when presenting. Make these available only when "trust and guarantees have been established".
Re: What Do You Do When Your Proposal Is Hijacked. by Nobody: 1:27am On Sep 30, 2012
Awesome thread.

I condole with all those who lost good ideas to treacherous hands. I'm really sorry that you had to suffer such a thing.

I think that Drzed really hit it in pretty much every way. Naija is a jungle. No doubt about that. It's plain foolishness to pretend otherwise. Whatever you may see in the news or wherever, the system is violently corrupt from top to bottom. To act as if it is not is to invite trouble and heartache. It does nobody any good.

Now, even though this is true, the situation is not utterly hopeless. For it to be, we should be as bad at least as Somalia. But we're not. We're still more or less a stable state and that is because we still believe, maybe. I think that what the Nigerian needs to do now is to wake up and think. The days of handouts are long over. We are in the days of baking our own bread.

So, when you conceive an idea, work up a good plan for its implementation. Identify where you need help to carry out that implementation and ascertain what values you can exchange for that help ever before you seek it. When you seek the help, use your head. Not every opportunity is necessarily golden. Sometimes, the guy who you think will help you is the same one that will rip you off. So research the help you wish to offer your idea as well or better than you researched your idea itself.

Work up a war plan before you venture your idea at all. Until you've established uniqueness for your idea, like it has been said here, it is worthless. But once you have, no smarter thing than to indicate appreciation of value for it. Copyright, patent, or whatever else is necessary, the idea.

Please, my brother- and sister-Nigerians, use your head. Think and quit making excuses. Things are bad. Accept that reality and then use your intellect to defeat it. Or else, one day, a bitter old man or woman will be inspiring the same old defeatist spirit and mentality in young Nigerians. If this country will change, we ourselves have to change. Please accept this and deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Proposal Is Hijacked. by Jerie(m): 2:39pm On Jan 26, 2013
^^ QED..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk / What Is Lagos Doing With Its Subsidy Removal Fund? / Obama Congratulates Jonathan, Nigerians On 53rd Independence Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.