Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

My Stockbroker Misplaced My Share Certificate! - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / My Stockbroker Misplaced My Share Certificate! (1110 Views)

Most Reliable Stockbroker In Nigeria / Can I Use My Share Certificate As Collateral For A Loan? / How To Get My Share Certificate From OANDO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Stockbroker Misplaced My Share Certificate! by toyinajani(m): 4:10pm On Jan 14, 2008
HI FELLOW NAIRALANDERS,
WHEN NEXT YOU ARE TAKING YOUR SHARE CERTIFICATETO YOUR STOCKBROKERS THINK TWICE BECAUSEIT MAY END UP BEING MISPLACED.
THIS IS MY CASE NOW ,I TOOK MY SHARE CERTIFICATE TO A STOCKBROKER FIRM AT LAGOS ISLAND,SKYE BANK-13,000 UNITS TO BE SOLD 0N 26TH SEPTEMBER,2007.THE STORY IS THAT THEY HAVE MISPLACED IT AND THEY ARE STILL SEARCHING FOR IT.IMAGINE THAT RUBBISH! SHOULDWE CALL THAT ACT CARELESSNESS OR SIMPLE STUPIDITY OR IS IT THAT THEY ARE UP TO A GAME.
I AM GOING TO NAME THECOMPANY,THEIR LOCATION AND OTHER DETAILS ASTIME GOES.
I WILL MAKE A NECESSARY REPORTS AT THE APPROPRIATE QUARTERS.
MY PEOPLE WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT THIS?
Re: My Stockbroker Misplaced My Share Certificate! by Obamedo: 4:30pm On Jan 14, 2008
Forget about your stockbrokers, they cant find it and they cant find it
Contact the Registrars of Skye Bank yourself and ascertain whether the shares are still held in your name

Your Brokers may have sold the shares, knowingly or otherwise and thats why they are telling you stories
Re: My Stockbroker Misplaced My Share Certificate! by ayobase(m): 7:12pm On Jan 15, 2008
toyin have u done what obademo
asked u to do?
Re: My Stockbroker Misplaced My Share Certificate! by fotodaddy: 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2008
@obamedo
Why would you say "forget about your stockbroker"

Its cos of this attitude of ours as Nigerians that people continue to do these kind of things. If we were to demand for our rights people will sit up and be more accountable. After we go dey talk say Nigerian leaders no good!!

@toyinajani
So they are missing your certificate and you let it go!!!! If you were to sue them for damages you will see the kind of prompt response you will get from them. My broker did exactly the same thing. By the time I was through with them they had paid me 100K in compensation. It was stresful but I am sure they will think twice about the way they handle peoples certificates after dealing with me.

On actount of my actions so many other people will benefit from those brokers cos I hit them where it hurts, in the wallet!!!

Nairaland people, DEMAND FOR YOUR RIGHTS. You pay those guys commissions for God's sake.

If you go market and them wan tak 10 naira for your maney you go dey shout becos but when these authority people dey do them own we go dey look!!!! Make we wake up wink

(1) (Reply)

i / This business is turning ordinary people to extraordinary millionaires / Have You Heard Of Unionkorrect! Another Mind Blowing Product From Unionbank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.