Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty (6104 Views)

Xenophobia: South Africa Condemns Nigeria's Decision To Recall Its Ambassador / The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) / Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by sindyko(m): 12:49am On Sep 24, 2012
The Pakistani government has condemned a minister's offer of$100,000 for anyone who kills the maker of a controversial filmthat mocks the Prophet Mohammed.

The country's railways minister invited the Taliban and al Qaedato help kill the filmmaker behindInnocence of Muslims, which sparked violent protests aroundthe world.
Ghulam Ahmed Bilour told reporters in the northwestern city of Peshawar: "I announce today that this blasphemer whohas abused the holy prophet, if somebody will kill him, I will give that person a prize of$100,000.

"I also invite Taliban and al Qaeda brothers to be partners in this noble deed.
"I also announce that if the government hands this person over to me, my heart says I will finish him with my own hands and then they can hang me."
However a spokesman for Pakistan's prime minister said the government "absolutely disassociated" itself from the minister's statement.
Protests against the film left 21 people dead and more than 200injured across Pakistan on Friday. Another day of demonstrations by thousands of Pakistanis was largely peaceful.

Speaking on Sky News , Pakistan's High Commissioner to the UK Wajid Shamsul Hasan said he did not approve of the bounty, but that the minister was "acting out of anger".

He also accused the US of "usingal Qaeda" in Syria to help overthrow President Bashar al Assad.

He said: "To denigrate the Prophet is a very hurtful thing ... Osama bin Laden was declared a terrorist to the world, so should this man (the filmmaker)be described as a terrorist to the world because he has inflamed 1.4 billion Muslims?"

http://www.google.com/gwt/x?gl=US&hl=en-US&u=http://www.klfm967.co.uk/news/world-news/773067/pakistan-pm-condemns-100k-islam-film-bounty/&client=ms-ucweb&q=Pakistan+news
Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by strangest(m): 9:13am On Sep 24, 2012
Muslims are being killed everyday in Syria and no one has demonstrated or done anything but a low budget drama that is not even up to 1500$ and this man has already invited Taliban, Boko Haram, Al-Shabab.... Wasting time, energy and money..

8 Likes

Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by Dakingpin: 9:13am On Sep 24, 2012
Why do i keep hearing BLAH BLAH BLAH
Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 24, 2012
Ummmmm

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by Dhelake: 9:14am On Sep 24, 2012
they only condenm him .... Y cnt dey sack him ... It shwz dey support him .... They're only doin dis 4 shw

2 Likes

Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by braine(m): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2012
Okay
Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by slimpoppa(m): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2012
Hmmmm!!!!
Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 24, 2012
Sometimes I wonder how these people think. Geez, to be sharing the same planet earth with folks like this. *SMH.
Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by pneumaticos(m): 9:16am On Sep 24, 2012
na who them wan they fool ,the entire govmnt is in surpot
Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 24, 2012
Mtscheeeeew!
Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by CrazyMan(m): 9:18am On Sep 24, 2012
Oh...so now the world reacted towards the ministers bounty offer, they (the pakistan government) dissociated themselves from him...

Why didn't a muslim clerk or rather the muslims in general condemn his actions? Why was it his government that responded...oh I get it...they're afraid of the Americans.

Classic cowardice.

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by moderatorr: 9:21am On Sep 24, 2012
The revered pakistani rail minister wants to be hanged after he kills the poor exconvict film maker.
He also invites alqaeda and taliban 'brothers' to partake 'in this noble deed'.
Even a castrated goat wont think as low as this level.

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by ebamma(m): 9:22am On Sep 24, 2012
A church was burnt yesterday in pakistan, by muslims,who were protesting that film,the government are just afraid of american drones that's why the did this .see source below
times247.com/articles/muslims-burn-pakistan-church-complex-in-film-protests.mobile
Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by Lilspicer(f): 9:22am On Sep 24, 2012
Birds of same feda..he dat fights today shall live to fight onada year......i lay a bounty anyone dat catch omotala for me especially her fat ass shall be rewarded hansomely

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 24, 2012
CrazyMan: Oh...so now the world reacted towards the ministers bounty offer, they (the pakistan government) dissociated themselves from him...

Why didn't a muslim clerk or rather the muslims in general condemn his actions? Why was it his government that responded...oh I get it...they're afraid of the Americans.

Classic cowardice.
You are indeed a Cra.zy.man.
Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by ebamma(m): 9:30am On Sep 24, 2012
If u see a muslim an a snake,kill the muslim first before killing the snake.

3 Likes

Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 24, 2012
7th century men.
Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by Skipfr(m): 9:34am On Sep 24, 2012
It is now clear that the govt of Pakistan were the ones shielding Bin Laden from the wrath of America
Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by Bolarge1(m): 9:35am On Sep 24, 2012
HOW CAN WE GET AN ONLINE LINK OF THIS FILM THAT IS CAUSING COMOTION AROUND THE WORLD. NA SO THE FILM BAD?

Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 24, 2012
ebamma: If u see a muslim an a snake,kill the muslim first before killing the snake.
If you see Ebemma and a terrorist,kill ebemma first before killing the terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by Skipfr(m): 9:35am On Sep 24, 2012
ebamma: If u see a muslim an a snake,kill the muslim first before killing the snake.
point o correction Northern muslim. In addition u go allow d snake go free because e beta pas dem well well.

4 Likes

Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 24, 2012
What else do you want their government to do?Why are you faulting the minister and not including the filmaker who innitiated this scenerio in the first place.
Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by softtouch2(m): 9:51am On Sep 24, 2012
Pakistani Govt did more than press show before Osama Bin laden saga bursted. It is not their first time, it is an innate thing.
Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by infolekan(m): 9:52am On Sep 24, 2012
People get sacked for less than this in 'decent' societies & I'm not even talking about xtain or the western world.
That's like asking that you'll pay someone for murder. Why can't he go there himself & kill him with his own hands or he's too big for that?
Don't know how people expect that their beliefs & sentiments should be respected in a superior country that's over 5,000 miles away from you & which operate under different law & belief system.
People like him give islam a bad name.

3 Likes

Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by gbadexy(m): 10:16am On Sep 24, 2012
Am I the only one that read the part that the minister accused america of using al-qaeda to attack syrian government?
The president also said the rebels are terrorist groups. Osama that founded al-qaeda was used by america to fight russia in afghanistan.
Its most likely that the gunmen that attacked american embassy were armed by america to depose ghaddafi.
But generally, I don't feel for the film maker, he knew the film was going to generate violent reaction and that innocent people would be killed and he still went ahead to do it then hid himself, he should be prepared to face the heat.
Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by kosiobabiolorun: 10:22am On Sep 24, 2012
"I also invite Taliban and al Qaeda brothers to be partners in this noble deed.

But, I am a bit confused with this statement, these people Dissociated themselves from Taliban and alqaeda groups before now, how come, they are now brothers and partners when issues of common terms involved.

"I also announce that if the government hands this person over to me, my heart says I will finish him with my own hands and then they can hang me."

You will not only be hanged, your entire generation will be wiped out.
nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by uyplus(m): 10:29am On Sep 24, 2012
infolekan: People get sacked for less than this in 'decent' societies & I'm not even talking about xtain or the western world.
That's like asking that you'll pay someone for murder. Why can't he go there himself & kill him with his own hands or he's too big for that?
Don't know how people expect that their beliefs & sentiments should be respected in a superior country that's over 5,000 miles away from you & which operate under different law & belief system.
People like him give islam a bad name.

Ma broda does islam deserv a gud name pls? Its an adulterated version of xtianity!! Its a peaceful religion dey say, buh da followers r nt peacefl(hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha)!!! Ow wld b xpct their beliefs n sentimnts b rspctd biko?? And dey tel muslms dt allah sent a whole version of da qu'ran 2muhammed wen he ws fastin n hidin in a cave mountain.. Islam is a religion for da desert n not da civilisd world, cos muhammed propagated it thru violence in da desert!

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by kayswag100(m): 10:45am On Sep 24, 2012
Bo-large:
HOW CAN WE GET AN ONLINE LINK OF THIS FILM THAT IS CAUSING COMOTION AROUND THE WORLD. NA SO THE FILM BAD?

oga, go to youtube.com and search 'innocence of muslims'.
Also, get a glass of water close by cos i bet u r gonna choke with laughter!!

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by UNLEASHED(m): 10:54am On Sep 24, 2012
$100,000 is all he has to offer? eediota
Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by KINGwax(m): 11:14am On Sep 24, 2012
heard of the viper?
Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by manny4life(m): 11:18am On Sep 24, 2012
STORIES.

Same way they condemned OBL, even joined the U.S. for search of OBL and STOP terror, YET, and I mean YET, OBL was hiding behind their backyard. Abeg, they need to stop hiding their aim, covertly, I won't be surprised if they're the ones sponsoring the man. I mean, think about it... Where does a minister of a hungry nation get $100,000 to place as bounty on someone? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty by Clemzy16(m): 11:26am On Sep 24, 2012
It's not enough to just fault him. He should be fired and sentence to jail. For pre-human slaughter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Malia And Sasha Obama Were Loaned By Their Real Parents..." / Ok Ww3 Has Officially Started Today The 7th Of December 2015 / The Richest Sultan In The World:sultan Of Brunei With Over 500 Porsche Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.