Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Will There Be A 4dimensional Existence? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will There Be A 4dimensional Existence? (1273 Views)

How Black Man Came Into Existence / A Story About God Existence Especially For Atheists.....must Read! / Purpose Of Human Existence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will There Be A 4dimensional Existence? by jerrymania(m): 10:35pm On Jan 14, 2008
I thought i should put this here

from Seun on https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-101797.0.html

Everything you have against 3d is due to the technology's relative immaturity. Why fall into that trap?

Everytime a new technology comes up, people criticize it not realizing that it can only get better than what it is replacing. People used to say video was "inferior" to film but now we have video cameras that yield better images than film cameras. People used to say handwritten correspondence was "superior" to typewritten correspondence because it was monotonous but now we have desktop publishing systems with hundreds of unique fonts and colors.

The fact is that 3d is a step forward. By the time the tools for 3d animation are as mature as the tools for 2d animation, there will be no comparison between the two. Just as you can't compare very old black and white 2d animations to current 3d animations.

Let's not fall into the habit of criticizing every new technology just because it's not yet mature. It's unhelpful!

i'm using the sentences in bold to ask a question? will there be the fourth dimension of life as in a step forward 3D. or is it my imagination?
Re: Will There Be A 4dimensional Existence? by Bobbyaf(m): 5:41am On Jan 15, 2008
I believe so. I believe(and this is my belief), that we as humans in the earth made new will have far more powers to do what we were limited to do in this life. If we are amazed about technology today then we aint seen anything yet. grin
Re: Will There Be A 4dimensional Existence? by pilgrim1(f): 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2008
jerrymania:

will there be the fourth dimension of life as in a step forward 3D. or is it my imagination?

Well, sample these 4-dimensional images:

Cool, huh? cheesy

These ideas are still in their developmental stages. Perhaps those who are already speaking of a 5th dimension are so advanced that we'd have to buckle our shoes and roll up our socks to catch up the pace!

Or, did they call it "10-11 dimension"?!? shocked
Re: Will There Be A 4dimensional Existence? by jerrymania(m): 9:25pm On Jan 15, 2008
@ pilgrim

can you state some applications in development that will use 4-D?
Re: Will There Be A 4dimensional Existence? by pilgrim1(f): 9:43pm On Jan 15, 2008
jerrymania:

@ pilgrim

can you state some applications in development that will use 4-D?

@jerrymania,

As earlier hinted, the 4th-dimension theory is in its developmental stages; and it would be preposterous for me to make applicable postulates before they concept crystalizes in our everyday experiences.

However, perhaps one may take a shot in the dark. First, the basic concepts in gradation would help us understand the issues at stake. A linear dimension (just 2-dimemsions: L x B) is a flat representation of reality. The applications are varied - motion pictures for instances appear simply "flat" with no depth. The virtual application that graduates beyond the linear would apply depth to make it 3-dimensional (L x B x D, where D = depth).

Now, a step further than the 3rd dimension is the quest for further investigations into a higher reality than we are able to ordinarily perceive in our everyday experiences - which brings about the concept of 4th dimension. Basically, what this connotes is that TIME is added to the equation for 3-dimension - so that what is assumed previously as practically impossible for static bodies would be a reality in gravitational waves.

Enough said. What about applications?

As I said, it would be difficult at this time to make postulations. But a shot in the dark would be something like holding a wooden pencil between two fingers and gently wave it in front of your eyes. The effect? It seems as if the pencil begins to "melt" on either side - a rough idea of the 4th dimension. There's nothing wrong with the pencil - it is a static 3-dimensional body/object. But when it is being gently waved, it creates the illusion of a malleable "melting" pencil!

With such a "reality", guess what? The 4th-dimension suggests that you as a person could squeeze through a tiny hole - unharmed in any way - and still "flex" back to your original size!  cheesy . . which is being suggested by this image:

Re: Will There Be A 4dimensional Existence? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 16, 2008
Pilgrim, good write up there.

Jerrymania, i have also been thinking about this,

How to understand 4-dimensional existence.

We can recall ages ago, when most people believed that the earth was flat. Some

thought that they would "fall off the edge" of the earth if they went out too far. Little did

they know, that if they kept on going, they could possibly end up where they started,

having experienced the entire trip as being in a straight line! No matter how far the

subject travels (by boat, train, or plane), he will never come to a boundary: there is no

"edge" to fall off from!! It is because the earth exists on the surface of a sphere that

these properties hold true.

Launched from the earth is a rocket ship that is travelling out into space. Its mission is to

continue outward in a straight line in its current direction until it reaches the "outer

edge" of the universe. When will the rocket ship reach the outer edge of space? In the

previous example we find a similar situation: the concern of "falling off the edge" of a flat

earth - an earth that in reality has no "edge" to fall off from. Now, if our universe reality

is not 3D we will find out that the ship will never encounter an outer edge. Not only that,

but it could also possibly end up where it started, having experienced the entire trip as

being in a straight line! No matter how far the rocket ship travels through space, it will

come across no boundary of any kind. These properties would hold true if the universe

existed on the surface of a hypersphere in the same way that the earth exists on the

surface of a sphere.

Re: Will There Be A 4dimensional Existence? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 16, 2008
The hypershpere is the 4D analogue to a circle in 2D or of a sphere in 3D. How would we picture a hypersphere? The key to approaching something of the fourth dimension is by means of the tool of analogy: we rely upon corresponding lower-dimensional structures we have studied as the means by which their 4-dimensional analogue is constructed. A solid circle is a 2-dimensional object. When cut into 1 dimensional slices, you will see a line, that varies in length between the size of a single dot to its full length. A solid sphere, as shown above in the flatland animation, is a 3-dimensional object. When cut into slices, we find that a solid sphere is in essence an array of solid circles that increase and then decrease in diameter. Having obtained the knowledge we have so far, we now possess the ability to bring these lower-dimensional structures "up a notch" through analogy to envision a 4D hypersphere.

http://www.blazelabs.com/f-u-hds.asp , to read more
Re: Will There Be A 4dimensional Existence? by pilgrim1(f): 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2008
@mdsocks,

I enjoyed your piece as well. smiley I'll post a link that logically explains them from the zero dimension to the tenth dimension easier than we have attempted - whe I find it.

Cheers.
Re: Will There Be A 4dimensional Existence? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2008
ok,

I also got an article here written by arenowed muslim scholar on the topic if you might need it understand better.
Re: Will There Be A 4dimensional Existence? by pilgrim1(f): 6:42pm On Jan 18, 2008
mdsocks:

I also got an article here written by arenowed muslim scholar on the topic if you might need it understand better.

Oh, that would be quite helpful. Please share. cheesy

BTW, here's the link I hinted about earlier: (http://www.tenthdimension.com/medialinks.php)

Enjoy.
Re: Will There Be A 4dimensional Existence? by Nobody: 4:57am On Jan 19, 2008
think the 4th dimension if at all would be the restoration of the vestigeal eye, with which we will be able to see and read the intents of pips.but hey that wouldnt be possible. sad
Re: Will There Be A 4dimensional Existence? by tpia5: 10:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
not sure if you folks are referring to graphic design or actual quanto-physics, but its fairly obvious there must be a fourth dimension even though its not visible to the n.aked eye.

(1) (Reply)

Archbishop Cause Furore Over Sharia Law In The Uk / Pastor Bakare Gives Scholarship To 101 Students / Bishop David Oyedepo Is A Fraud - Musician Tee Mac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.