Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,614 members, 7,827,311 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

The Family Unit And The Wellbeing Foundation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Family Unit And The Wellbeing Foundation (962 Views)

How To Control Incest In The Family? / Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? / Using First Names For Husband & Wife (Father & Mother) in the Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Family Unit And The Wellbeing Foundation by Tapiya(m): 2:38pm On Sep 24, 2012
Hi Y'all,

I work for an NGO in Nigeria and recently we did a video that spoke against domestic violence and would want my fellow nairalanders to help spread the word and the message to more people please you can share the videos to others as well as they are going to do a lot of good to our society.

thanks

An introduction to The wellbeing Foundation Nigeria-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF3rtjF0rGQ&feature=plcp

Voices From Nigeria In Support Of "Reducing Domestic Violence"-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFqv8Azlsjc&feature=plcp

Every feed back will be appreciated.

thanks again

1 Like

Re: The Family Unit And The Wellbeing Foundation by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 24, 2012
Wow, couldnt watch this yesterday poor network, Just watched it today and I have goose pimples all over. Most people commenting yesterday I am sure didnt watch it too. This is a total and complete account, any woman who has been through domestic violence will tell you this is her story. Men too. I am sober, cold and have sweat all over me.
Hmmmm, Madam CC, we have had some discussions before, please, watch this videa, it is exactly what I have been saying, word for word. Till you say "enough", "there is no shame in starting your life over again", "Most women have been told that if they leave they will go to hell" .
True, ture true. Temitayo, Bless you. i will get in touch and fully support

1 Like

Re: The Family Unit And The Wellbeing Foundation by ifyalways(f): 9:28am On Sep 25, 2012
Baby steps but commendable.

I hope they'll still be existing in 2015. The problem with many of such NGOs is continuity. . . Dunno if its the Nigerian terrain that's unfavorable or the love for the cause(losing the plot) that waxes cold?

I also wish you guys can also look into child violence too. (house helps, foster kids, orphans with aunts, child witch hunting etc)

Not an easy one, may God give una strenght and grace.
Re: The Family Unit And The Wellbeing Foundation by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 25, 2012
Ify, NAPTIP is mainly centered on the issues you mentioned, problem is that people who live close and see their neighbors do such wicked acts to children don't report, most people are blinded by religious delusions to see "witch casting out" or exorcism as child abuse hence don't report.
NAPTIP can't go house to house but if you see a case please report.
In Abuja I know the social welfare Secretary in colloboration with SEFCLAN have done and are doing a lot in issu
es pertaining children. We all have to chip in, you see a case
report,
if you report and nothing is done come and say it, we will make noise and some of us personally draw attention to the case
Why is it that it is when the case becomes fatal that we hear, where are the neighbors when the child is screaming day and night? We turn our faces and grumbble silently, and don't think a trip to NAPTIP is worth it after all "its not our business". We all should play a role
Re: The Family Unit And The Wellbeing Foundation by Tapiya(m): 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2012
ifyalways: Baby steps but commendable.

I hope they'll still be existing in 2015. The problem with many of such NGOs is continuity. . . Dunno if its the Nigerian terrain that's unfavorable or the love for the cause(losing the plot) that waxes cold?

I also wish you guys can also look into child violence too. (house helps, foster kids, orphans with aunts, child witch hunting etc)

Not an easy one, may God give una strenght and grace.

The Wellbeing Foundation has been in existence even before 2003 I suggest you go to our website and know more about the organisation we are partnering the United Nations foundation on the Every Child Every Woman initiative, so with that you will realize its a growing institution and soon we will stop being known as a Toyin Saraki's Foundation but a foundation that can stand on its own.

Check us out on www.wellbeingfoundationnig.org or www.wbfafrica.org

thanks for the comments

(1) (Reply)

Unborn Baby Showing Face Outside The Mother’s Tummy ! / Search For Birth Parents / .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.