Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Building An Animation Version Of Any Nollywood Movie.. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Building An Animation Version Of Any Nollywood Movie.. (1604 Views)

How Best To Identify A Nollywood Movie / Nollywood Movie Awards Pics / Nollywood Movie Covers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building An Animation Version Of Any Nollywood Movie.. by chilaxplorer(m): 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
i believe you may have watch Hollywood animation movies like Alice and the Wonderland or Cinderella,Adventure of Tin- Tin and Many others. These animation movies have the real movie before the animation version of it was produced.And i tell you that animation movies always hits a big sell, but too needs a big budget. I'm a Nigerian and i can make an animation version of any nollywood movie,but not that expensive. just at an affordable price! just check out a situation where Nigerian Movie industry begin to produced animation movies. i once watch a Nigerian animation movie called ''Mark Of Uru'', it was okay but it still had a cartoon-like features. i can animate something more flawless and real than that, which can compete with the hollywood animation movies i listed above. my question is this, where do i start? is these needed at all in the nollywood movie industry or are we still hiding from civilization? how do i collaborate with producers, or they will not be interested? or do i find out one nollywood movie and make an animation version of it and then show it to the producer?. hey! i can animate anything., including video music, video comedy and others(i.e making the animation version of it). So my people what do i advice?

Re: Building An Animation Version Of Any Nollywood Movie.. by Briareos(m): 7:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
First of all, nice thread.

But I'm going to be frank with you. If you are hoping to work with Nigerian producer, you might as well shelve your dream. Those guys are archaic, uninspiring and never changing. i don't think anyone of them will want to make an animated movie.

And they might not be that wrong considering filmmaking is a business, and there is no need making a movie people won't watch. Most nigerians believe animation, cartoons and stuff like that are for kids.

1 Like

Re: Building An Animation Version Of Any Nollywood Movie.. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 24, 2012
Nice thread guy. I ll advice u to give it a try. U ve got smetin unique in u. Dont be discouraged. First, try animating an old film, or u could compose a short interestin story.then present it to any serious producer who might like it(rarely) or seek 4 investment from individuals, companies like indomie, viju, chivita, blueband and any other body u knw kidz are always intrested in their product. I love cartoons but i already have my plans of introducing teens movie in nollywood. If i may ask, hw much is ur budget?

1 Like

Re: Building An Animation Version Of Any Nollywood Movie.. by muffins99(f): 12:54pm On Sep 25, 2012
I think that you have a very good idea and I hope that you are able to achieve it. However, my opinion is that you start from small scale productions, maybe 10 to 15 minutes of animation which you can record and send out to the major producers who take their work seriously. You can also easily post on youtube or other popular media which are visited regularly by Nigerians. This will help you generate interest and showcase what you can do (like a taster). I read somewhere that Pixar started with small productions and then went mega when they had enough interest (including investment) for their films. Of course this will cost you money but look at it as investment - you may be able to cut costs if you get your friends and family to help out e.g. with the voice overs. Another idea is to approach banks or other big companies to produce animated adverts for them (see the link below)

You haven't mentioned what type of animation you can do, but whatever it is, find out if Nigerians are receptive to that kind of animation. There is no point producing stop motion animation like wallace and gromit if Nigerians prefer 3D or motion capture. Finally, as with everything in life, prepare a plan of what you want to do and decide how and when you are going to achieve it. Prepare a script/ storyboard or if you're using existing material, find out about copyright and request for permission. Draw up a list of what you will need: story board/ characterization, animation technic, computers and software, casts and crew of the characters (e.g directors and voice artists), finance, music, etc. Also decide on marketing and distribution from the outset as these might be the difference between success and failure.

Good luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J808sJParSQ

1 Like

Re: Building An Animation Version Of Any Nollywood Movie.. by VillageBoi(m): 8:03pm On Sep 25, 2012
chilaxplorer: i believe you may have watch Hollywood animation movies like Alice and the Wonderland or Cinderella,Adventure of Tin- Tin and Many others. These animation movies have the real movie before the animation version of it was produced.

i once watch a Nigerian animation movie called ''Mark Of Uru'', it was okay but it still had a cartoon-like features. i can animate something more flawless and real than that, which can compete with the hollywood animation movies i listed above.

So my people what do i advice?

Where do I even start? I'm going to tell it to you straight up - First and foremost your 'facts' are WRONG... most of the above mentioned films were animations first!! If you are an animator with the skills you claim you have then you should at least know the history of animation and what films were animatios first.

I've seen all the episodes of 'Mark of Uru'; it's a BIG claim saying you can beat that without showing samples of your work. Far too many people are into big talk without being able to do jack.

Where do you start? You are or claim to be an animator with 'Hollywoodesque' skills? Your work will speak for you... where is this 'said' work? And if you have such skills, which, again I must say, takes YEARS to develop, you would 'already' be high in demand as well as have really good ideas so why in the world is the height of your thinking animating a existing NOLLYWOOD film of all the things to do?

I'm no animator and never will be, however, I had to do one semester of animation as part my film course so I know you will, if your claims are true, have an absolutely amazing 'showreel' to share with us all so we can decide. Afterall the guy that did 'Mark of Uru' had such good work that led to me teaming up with him for a corporate animation a year or so ago.

Please do share your work as I am always looking for 'highly' skilled people (especially Nigerians) to work with on projects.

Good luck with everything. As the full saying goes "The proof of the pudding... is in the eating."

2 Likes

Re: Building An Animation Version Of Any Nollywood Movie.. by Rohitsharma: 1:57pm On Oct 04, 2012
Arena Multimedia News!!!

Now we are on Facebook account and twitter account.

http://www.facebook.com/Arenaln

So hurry like us and get the surprise gifts...

Thanks
Arena Multimedia

Re: Building An Animation Version Of Any Nollywood Movie.. by VillageBoi(m): 7:52pm On Oct 04, 2012
Rohitsharma: Arena Multimedia News!!!

Now we are on Facebook account and twitter account.

Thanks
Arena Multimedia

Thanks for sharing your stuff. I went to your facebook page; unfortunately I can't really relate to it and wondering why about 95% of what you are showcasing is not remotely Nigerian or African work... what's up with all these 'white' folks works?

1 Like

Re: Building An Animation Version Of Any Nollywood Movie.. by VillageBoi(m): 12:20am On Mar 21, 2013
Just came across this again. It's 6 months down the line so the OP was just telling porkies? #re.tar.ded
Re: Building An Animation Version Of Any Nollywood Movie.. by tpia1: 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2014

(1) (Reply)

2015/2016,nollywood Audition. / Remember Ene Oloja? / Re-daar Sat On Free To Air.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.