Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Mother Being Called Aunty - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Being Called Aunty (1283 Views)

My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? / My Mother-in-law Hates Because I Refuse To Call My Sister-in-law "Aunty" / Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Being Called Aunty by clearlaw: 10:04am On Sep 25, 2012
For many occasion and with the study I carry out. I find that many children from the ages of 4 to 13 years, are calling their biological mother 'Aunty'.

Many of these children come out though wedlock.
My question is 'can we say is a right name to called?
Re: Mother Being Called Aunty by Metalgoong(m): 10:40am On Sep 25, 2012
Some of them learned it from their house helps or maid who they grew up with. My brothers and I fall into that category.
Re: Mother Being Called Aunty by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 26, 2012
Dats true and some mothers dont mind,i av a sister dat her kids call mumy,but some tyms dey call her aunty funmi wen dey r jokin or jistin
Re: Mother Being Called Aunty by ifyalways(f): 7:08am On Sep 26, 2012
My thoughts was that such occurs only with children that didn't spend their childhood days with their mom. Eg kids that spent their first to ten years with grannie or aunt. They tend to refer to whoever they grew up with as mom(if they are not being maltreated) and their biological mom as aunty.

@metalgoong,your mom was cool with you guys calling her "aunty" ?
Re: Mother Being Called Aunty by slimyem: 11:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
It is common among the locals in my hometown..and tied to funny sentiments.
Some say "mummy" makes them feel old and would prefer their children called them "aunty"
i know a couple of friends who call their mum aunty too.

(1) (Reply)

Simple Secret To Start Making Money Online From Your Home / Circle Of Mums: How Do U Feel Seeing Ur Kids Growing Up? Whats D Happiness Like? / Why Do Wives Take "OFFICE FOOD" Home For Their Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.