Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! (4760 Views)

Kaduna, Nigeria’s Second Most Indebted State – El-rufai / br / I Am Running For President Now, Nigeria Can't Wait Till 2015- Nuhu Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
check wikipedia and see how desperate this fishermen can be!

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ijaw (also known by the subgroups "Ijo" or "Izon"wink are a collection of peoples indigenous mostly to the forest regions of the Bayelsa, Delta, and Rivers States within the Niger Delta in Nigeria. Some are natives of Akwa-Ibom, Edo, and Ondo states also in Nigeria. Many are found as migrant fishermen in camps as far west as Sierra Leone and as far east as Gabon along the Western Africa coastline. They are believed to be some of the earliest inhabitants of southern Nigeria.

The Ijo people number about 44 million and are considered as Nigeria's 2nd largest tribe. They have long lived in locations near many sea trade routes, and they were well connected to other areas by trade as early as the 15th century.[2] The current President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, is an Ijaw.!"

linkhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ijaw_people
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by saintneo(m): 12:49pm On Sep 25, 2012
Some is trying to recreate the world.
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by ACM10: 12:57pm On Sep 25, 2012
We celebrate with the Ijaws for crossing the 40m mark. 'Nna men' dis Ijaw population has been increasing with geometric progression(15m - 30m - ~45m) grin Soon their population will be more than that of Nigeria itself.
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
ACM10: We celebrate with the Ijaws for crossing the 40m mark. 'Nna men' dis Ijaw population has been increasing with geometric progression(15m - 30m - ~45m) grin Soon their population will be more than that of Nigeria itself.

bros, this ijaws will soon over populate west africa!! DESTINATION AFRICA!!

Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Gbawe: 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2012
saintneo: Some is trying to recreate the world.

grin grin grin grin Indeed. They are using the notion that a lie can become the truth if told , over and over again, with a straight face. Desperate and shameful if you ask me. A crass display of how insecurity and inferiority complex has led to laughable dishonesty.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
IJAW ON THE RISE! GOING GOING GOING. . . . . .

Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by ijawcitizen(m): 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
PEOPLE SHOULD STOP SPREADING MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT THE PEACE LOVING IJAW PEOPLE. THIS WRITE UP IS THE WORK OF MISCHIEVIOUS PEOPLE WHOSE AIM IS TO PROMOTE & SPREAD BAD FEELINGS AMONST OTHER NIGERIAN GROUPS TOWARDS THE IJAW PEOPLE.

I URGE EVERYONE TO DISREGARD THIS PAGE BECAUSE IT WAS RE-EDITTED BY THE SAME PERSON (TORKAKA) BEFORE IT WAS POSTED AS A THREAD.

THE OFFICIAL POPULATION OF THE IJAWS IS PUT AT ABOUT 28 MILLION (WITHIN NIGERIA & IN DIASPORA) God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by truth4meal(m): 3:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
ijaw citizen: PEOPLE SHOULD STOP SPREADING MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT THE PEACE LOVING IJAW PEOPLE. THIS WRITE UP IS THE WORK OF MISCHIEVIOUS PEOPLE WHOSE AIM IS TO PROMOTE & SPREAD BAD FEELINGS AMONST OTHER NIGERIAN GROUPS TOWARDS THE IJAW PEOPLE.

I URGE EVERYONE TO DISREGARD THIS PAGE BECAUSE IT WAS RE-EDITTED BY THE SAME PERSON (TORKAKA) BEFORE IT WAS POSTED AS A THREAD.

THE OFFICIAL POPULATION OF THE IJAWS IS PUT AT ABOUT 28 MILLION (WITHIN NIGERIA & IN DIASPORA) God bless you all.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ijaw_people
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Ngodigha: 4:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
ijaw citizen: PEOPLE SHOULD STOP SPREADING MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT THE PEACE LOVING IJAW PEOPLE. THIS WRITE UP IS THE WORK OF MISCHIEVIOUS PEOPLE WHOSE AIM IS TO PROMOTE & SPREAD BAD FEELINGS AMONST OTHER NIGERIAN GROUPS TOWARDS THE IJAW PEOPLE.

Monkey, where did you get 28 million from?.
Ijaws in Nigeria are 5 million and probably 2million outside=7million.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2012

lets assume you are right that i edited the page, now what do you have to say about your own spurious claim of 28million of a people whose sole state is only 1.6million?
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by ACM10: 4:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
Ngodigha:
Monkey, where did you get 28 million from?.
Ijaws in Nigeria are 5 million and probably 2million outside=7million.

Sorry, how did u come up with that figure? Cos the population of Bayelsa is under 2 million(including non-Ijaw residents and indigenes). We are well aware that Ijaws are not the majority in any state outside Bayelsa state.
Did you count the fishes in their rivers too? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 25, 2012
grin grin grin grin
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Afam4eva(m): 4:27pm On Sep 25, 2012
This is the jet age where everything flies like jet and rocket out together. I don't even think the the Ijaw population is up to that of the Ijebu Yorubas. Which kain lie be this? Why can't i see Ijaw anywhere i turn like i see Efik/Ibibios?
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Afam4eva(m): 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2012

If the Ijaw population is actually 28million then it means the're the largest Nigerian group in the Diaspora because their population in Nigeria is not more than 4million. I can't remember when last i saw an Ijaw person in real life.
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 25, 2012
ACM10:

Sorry, how did u come up with that figure? Cos the population of Bayelsa is under 2 million(including non-Ijaw residents and indigenes). We are well aware that Ijaws are not the majority in any state outside Bayelsa state.
Did you count the fishes in their rivers too? undecided

Mr, take it easy on the Ijaws grin wink
But seriously, Ijaws have been making some useless noises of recent. I wonder when they suddenly get liver
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by ijawcitizen(m): 4:33pm On Sep 25, 2012
WHILE I WOULDN'T WANT TO JOIN ISSUES WITH BIGOTTED INDIVIDUALS, I STILL WANNA URGE ALL WELL MEANING PERSONS TO DISREGARD THIS WIKIPEDIA WRITE UP.

I KNOW FOR SURE THE PAGE WAS RECENTED RE-EDITTED BY SOME PERSONS TO SPREAD DISCORD & BAD FEELINGS TOWARDS THE IJAWS.

IJAWS LAY NO SUCH CLAIMS.

I HAVE ALREADY CONTACTED WIKIPEDIA TO SEE TO THE REVERSAL OF THIS NEWLY EDITED PAGE.

NOW I BEGIN TO WONDER WHY IT WAS SOMEONE IN NAIRALAND (A NON-IJAW FOR THAT MATTER THAT WAS THE FIRST TO SEE/NOTICE A PAGE THAT WAS RE-EDITTED LESS THAN A WEEK AGO.)

PLS DISREGARD THE FALSE INFOMATION BEING SPREAD HERE BY ENEMIES OF PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN AND IJAWS IN GENERAL BECAUSE THIS WRITE UP IS A SET UP. THANKS
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Afam4eva(m): 4:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
ijaw citizen: WHILE I WOULDN'T WANT TO JOIN ISSUES WITH BIGOTTED INDIVIDUALS, I STILL WANNA URGE ALL WELL MEANING PERSONS TO DISREGARD THIS WIKIPEDIA WRITE UP.

I KNOW FOR SURE THE PAGE WAS RECENTED RE-EDITTED BY SOME PERSONS TO SPREAD DISCORD & BAD FEELINGS TOWARDS THE IJAWS.

IJAWS LAY NO SUCH CLAIMS.

I HAVE ALREADY CONTACTED WIKIPEDIA TO SEE TO THE REVERSAL OF THIS NEWLY EDITED PAGE.

NOW I BEGIN TO WONDER WHY IT WAS SOMEONE IN NAIRALAND (A NON-IJAW FOR THAT MATTER THAT WAS THE FIRST TO SEE/NOTICE A PAGE THAT WAS RE-EDITTED LESS THAN A WEEK AGO.)

PLS DISREGARD THE FALSE INFOMATION BEING SPREAD HERE BY ENEMIES OF PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN AND IJAWS IN GENERAL BECAUSE THIS WRITE UP IS A SET UP. THANKS
Forget about whether it was edited by a mischief maker and defend your 28million figure...this is preposterous.
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
afam4eva: This is the jet age where everything flies like jet and rocket out together. I don't even think the the Ijaw population is up to that of the Ijebu Yorubas. Which kain lie be this? Why can't i see Ijaw anywhere i turn like i see Efik/Ibibios?

Not even the Ijesha Yoruba or half of the Oyo Yoruba. They just suddenly became second. grin
I guess Igbos and the Yorubas don't give birth again grin
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
afam4eva:
Forget about whether it was edited by a mischief maker and defend your 28million figure...this is preposterous.
That man is confused grin
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Afam4eva(m): 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
.Nairaland:

Not even the Ijesha Yoruba or half of the Oyo Yoruba. They just suddenly became second. grin
Don't forget that majority of the Igbos were killed during the civil war and most Ijaw men now have at least 10 wives thereby giving birth to ten children per family. Mind you many Igbo have died due to REligious riots in the north and due to over-hardwork. Akpu is also the second biggest killer after Cancer and HIV/AIDS and you know Akpu is the official food of the Igbos. So, many have died due to the voracious consumption of this killer food. The Yorubas on the other hand have lost some people due to too much eating of Amala and Ewedu. Some even died because they joined OPC and went to fight. If you even go to Ibadan now, you'll notice that there are more Ijaws than Yoruba...

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 25, 2012
^^
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Afam you no well. Na person you turn to mumu like this cheesy grin
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by ijawcitizen(m): 4:47pm On Sep 25, 2012
afam4eva:
AFAM4EVER, I KNOW YOU TOO WELL.....YOUR HIGHEST PAID JOB HAS BEEN OPENING THREADS THAT INSULT IJAWS (EVERYONE PLS CHECK HIS PROFILE TO SEE THE SLANDEROUS THREADS HE HAS BEEN POSTING TO ATTACK THE IJAWS, THINGS A NORMAL PERSON WONT THINK OF)

I HAVE JUST ONE QUESTION FOR YOU, WHAT HAVE IJAWS DONE TO YOU TO INCUR UR INCURABLE HATRED? I have never seen a person so consumed by hatred!
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Afam4eva(m): 4:49pm On Sep 25, 2012
ijaw citizen: AFAM4EVER, I KNOW YOU TOO WELL.....YOUR HIGHEST PAID JOB HAS BEEN OPENING THREADS THAT INSULT IJAWS (EVERYONE PLS CHECK HIS PROFILE TO SEE THE SLANDEROUS THREADS HE HAS BEEN POSTING TO ATTACK THE IJAWS, THINGS A NORMAL PERSON WONT THINK OF)

I HAVE JUST ONE QUESTION FOR YOU, WHAT HAVE IJAWS DONE TO YOU TO INCUR UR INCURABLE HATRED?
Dude, i don't hate Ijaws. Why should i? I just don't like the overbearing attitude of the Ijaw elites. They shouls learn to show some respect to other groups especially their fellow minorities. I also find the over-bloated claims that the Ijaws are the 4th largest group as ridiculous because prior to the the Niger-Delta struggle, very few NIgerians knew that there was a group called Ijaw.
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by ACM10: 4:57pm On Sep 25, 2012
ijaw citizen: AFAM4EVER, I KNOW YOU TOO WELL.....YOUR HIGHEST PAID JOB HAS BEEN OPENING THREADS THAT INSULT IJAWS (EVERYONE PLS CHECK HIS PROFILE TO SEE THE SLANDEROUS THREADS HE HAS BEEN POSTING TO ATTACK THE IJAWS, THINGS A NORMAL PERSON WONT THINK OF)

I HAVE JUST ONE QUESTION FOR YOU, WHAT HAVE IJAWS DONE TO YOU TO INCUR UR INCURABLE HATRED? I have never seen a person so consumed by hatred!

You did not respond to his comment which is "defend your 28 million figure". Rather you cleverly avoided his subject matter to launch a poorly-directed emotional attacks on him with the aim of bullying him to silence.
Pls, "defend your 28 million figure"!
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by achi4u(m): 4:59pm On Sep 25, 2012
.Nairaland:

gringringrin
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
afam4eva:

typical fisherman mentality! reducing everything to goodluck jonathan. forget your drunken brother who said 44million, defend your own drunken 28million!
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by EkoAtlantic: 5:06pm On Sep 25, 2012

Will you shut up? What nonsense hatred are you talking about? I blame OBJ for giving your son the opportunity to be a Vice president, if not I guess all these trash your fellow Ijaws are saying wouldn't have been possible. Nonsense, the fact that luck was for your man doesn't mean you people should misuse it by behaving odd. Are the Edos not human? They are by far thousand miles ahead of you guys, but you people just open you dirty mouth and vomit trash.
Thank your creator that the Igbos still give you people space to breath. Where was Ijaw when Nigeria was Nigeria?
At first they were claiming fourth most populous tribe in Nigeria https://www.nairaland.com/891977/how-did-ijaw-4th-largest

Now, it's second.
You guys better behave, it'll be advisable it's not until they cut you people's mouth before you think straight and behave like people with manners undecided

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by ijawcitizen(m): 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
THE LINE BETWEEN WISDOM AND FOOLISHNESS IS A VERY THIN ONE SUCH THAT "A WORD" IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE, WHILE "SILENCE" IS THE RIGHT ANSWER FOR A FOOL.
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Rossikk(m): 5:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
[size=30pt]HERE GOES ANOTHER BRAINLESS DUNCE DESCRIBING AN ETHNIC GROUP/NATIONALITY WITH MILLIONS OF PEOPLE AS A ''TRIBE''.[/size]
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Afam4eva(m): 5:40pm On Sep 25, 2012
ijaw citizen: THE LINE BETWEEN WISDOM AND FOOLISHNESS IS A VERY THIN ONE SUCH THAT "A WORD" IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE, WHILE "SILENCE" IS THE RIGHT ANSWER FOR A FOOL.
Stop dodging my question and prove to us that the Ijaws are 28million strong.
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 25, 2012
Rossikk: [size=30pt]HERE GOES ANOTHER BRAINLESS DUNCE DESCRIBING AN ETHNIC GROUP/NATIONALITY WITH MILLIONS OF PEOPLE AS A ''TRIBE''.[/size]

a tribe = any aggregate of people united by ties of descent from a common ancestor, community of customs and traditions, adherence to the same leaders, etc.
Re: Ijaw Now Nigeria's Second Largest Tribe! by EkoAtlantic: 5:49pm On Sep 25, 2012
afam4eva:
Stop dodging my question and prove to us that the Ijaws are 28million strong.
Better find something better to do and leave that dude

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC's Budget Slashed: Good Or Bad Sign? / 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature / (picture) Itobe-ajaokuta Niger Bridge To Collapse Anytime Soon. (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.