Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants (11438 Views)

Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! / Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants / FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by OLAJOMO(m): 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2012
I am less concerned about bidders or where they come from but stable power supply.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by agabaI23(m): 9:29pm On Sep 25, 2012
AjanleKoko: Dem don comot Nnaji for setting.
Na wa. Well played undecided

That would not be impossible considering the calibre of people that have interest. However, earlier reports have it that Nnaji is interested in Afam plant which bid according to the present article was suspended for technical reasons. The technical reason I guess has to do with Nnaji's purported involvement.

On Afam Power Plc, the sixth generation company put up for sale, the privatisation agency said no bidder was technically qualified for the company.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by otokx(m): 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
The same old people that ruined Nigeria is the same people that are here again and its our money they will take as loans to bury most of these companies that are on life support systems.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by kaboninc(m): 10:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
johndahray: The day 9ja will be great is when we revolt like what happened in Libya nd d rest of middle east.We are jst been fooled by few pple playing us like cards.I feel disturbed each time I realised I am a Nigerian. No good story to talk about what a pity
Why don't you start? Maybe we'll follow suit.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by yohannazack(m): 10:59pm On Sep 25, 2012
We wil get out of dis very soon
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by triaophant: 11:31pm On Sep 25, 2012
Very funny indeed,do we mean to say that after the billions of dollars spent by Nigeria to build those power Plants, we are now selling them for pittance just to accommodate some more crooks? God is watching, that God that delivered us from Abacha in his own way will deliver us again at the fullness of time, Amen.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by delvinmaya(m): 12:22am On Sep 26, 2012
triaophant: Very funny indeed,do we mean to say that after the billions of dollars spent by Nigeria to build those power Plants, we are now selling them for pittance just to accommodate some more crooks? God is watching, that God that delivered us from Abacha in his own way will deliver us again at the fullness of time, Amen.

bringing religion and God into this matter? If i were God, i would have given some people knocks on the head for always bringing me into matters that require only common sense but thank God, i am not him.
From what i have gleaned here, seems to me some people are just proud of making white noise, i mean how can you buy something for $300 million dollars and then pack up or let it run down? If thats how they made their money, that would be daftness of the highest order, but then those giving those silly excuses are probably letting us know why they probably don't own a company of their own, cos they would allow it to run down, i mean seriously do we or must we always have myopic thoughts like this?
PStylish:

Mr Doubting Thomas,

What will you never doubt in your whole life?

Power business is good business.

All the buyers stand to make several times whatever they are currently making from their current businesses.

As inefficient as PHCN is currently, it keeps turning out profit in the order of billions into the coffers of the FG.

Now imagine what it will be like when it is efficiently run and at full capacity.

How can someone spend a fortune to a buy a power plant just to ground it.

Mind you, the FG is the playing the key role in the power business - transmission.

My guy, think.
broda, thanks for informing and enlightening them.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by lafuria1(m): 12:29am On Sep 26, 2012
steel company, nitel or mtel, air nigeria or whats that company jimoh runs. we go wait and see. the wont ground the company, of course not but the bill wont be funny.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by clip: 5:12am On Sep 26, 2012
If government is in the possession of all these company and it is not working. I think it will better if "thieves" makes it works
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by agabaI23(m): 6:11am On Sep 26, 2012
A-ZeD:

Dude don't compare telecomms with power. If you don't like MTN, you can buy glo sim and it would work anywhere but if you don't like your distribution company, you have 2 options (1) run your gen or (2) Park away to a new distribution zone.
It will finally come to ' if you don't like company X you can switch to company Y irrespective of your location because it is obtainable in many countries presently. We will get there. Remember transmission is still government owned.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by agabaI23(m): 6:13am On Sep 26, 2012
la furia: steel company, nitel or mtel, air nigeria or whats that company jimoh runs. we go wait and see. the wont ground the company, of course not but the bill wont be funny.
Bill won't be any funnier because NERC will regulate prices
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by uche77zero(m): 7:59am On Sep 26, 2012
how can a man that is under probe for bribing a federal law maker, win a bid for the purchase of an asset such as the power assets that they are buying.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by BluStreak(m): 8:11am On Sep 26, 2012
onatisi: finally the real picture is coming out as to why nnaji resigned , he couldn't stand and see his name been dragged in the mud , nigeria belongs to just a few that is a fact , i have said it so many times there can never be adequate power supply in nigeria are these not the same ppl that import diesel for our generators ?i dont see how they will kill that business just to make nigeria good .

On point #QED
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by onatisi(m): 8:19am On Sep 26, 2012
PStylish:

Mr Doubting Thomas,

What will you never doubt in your whole life?

Power business is good business.

All the buyers stand to make several times whatever they are currently making from their current businesses.

As inefficient as PHCN is currently, it keeps turning out profit in the order of billions into the coffers of the FG.

Now imagine what it will be like when it is efficiently run and at full capacity.

How can someone spend a fortune to a buy a power plant just to ground it.

Mind you, the FG is the playing the key role in the power business - transmission.

My guy, think.
ok ,i dont like arguing,we will all live to see the end results.but i know everything is already bungled up.but since u believe them no problem
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by erniok(m): 8:21am On Sep 26, 2012
I'm not being pessimistic but what happened to Ajaokuta and NITEL will repeat itself. The so called investors will just strip the companies of their assests and abandon them. These are future Jimoh Ibrahims.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by onatisi(m): 8:21am On Sep 26, 2012
uche77zero: how can a man that is under probe for bribing a federal law maker, win a bid for the purchase of an asset such as the power assets that they are buying.
simple reason my brother is because he belongs to pdp and also fiances them .dont forget his company owes a debt of over 1billion us dollars
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by onatisi(m): 8:24am On Sep 26, 2012
clip: If government is in the possession of all these company and it is not working. I think it will better if "thieves" makes it works
the only business theives are good at and making profitable is illegal business.expect another round of bidding withanother president with his own theievs once gej leaves
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by onatisi(m): 8:29am On Sep 26, 2012
erniok: I'm not being pessimistic but what happened to Ajaokuta and NITEL will repeat itself. The so called investors will just strip the companies of their assests and abandon them. These are future Jimoh Ibrahims.
it has already started repeating itself ,this is just the chapter one .
they are giving power supply networks to companies that are fueling our generators.huge joke.
which one is easier for otedola between importing fuel and making his money quickly and fast withing days or investing billions in power infrastructure which he may not recoup unti, after 12months
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by jadakiss213(m): 8:39am On Sep 26, 2012
Ozonna: Let's be sincere. These people are the only guys that have the money to invest in power. U,I & genuine businessman/woman don't have such amount of money.

Is it not better that they bring back their money and invest 9ja than to leave their money in bank vaults all over Europe and America?
We all know how improtant this power reform is to our Nation.

Godbless Nigeria
Well said..God Bless you my brother.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by jadakiss213(m): 8:43am On Sep 26, 2012
onatisi: finally the real picture is coming out as to why nnaji resigned , he couldn't stand and see his name been dragged in the mud , nigeria belongs to just a few that is a fact , i have said it so many times there can never be adequate power supply in nigeria are these not the same ppl that import diesel for our generators ?i dont see how they will kill that business just to make nigeria good .
Quiet guy..Nnaji has interest in Afam power plant..stop rabble rousing
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by jadakiss213(m): 8:47am On Sep 26, 2012
centje: billy thats nt true. The process shuld be transparent and unbiased. If corruption forms d foundation of this privatization process then you and i can kiss healthy competition good bye.
To me its still the same crop of 'thieves' colonizing every sector. So am nt really expecting much change in power. Bc the process will nt create an atmosphere for healthy competition,like we have in telecommunication.
how is the process non-transparent and biased?? If u have the money and u are qualified technically,wait and bid for the next round..we should look at issues objectively..
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by leyom234: 9:14am On Sep 26, 2012
jadakiss213: how is the process non-transparent and biased?? If u have the money and u are qualified technically,wait and bid for the next round..we should look at issues objectively..

What is transparent in Otedola
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by leyom234: 9:45am On Sep 26, 2012
OLAJOMO: I am less concerned about bidders or where they come from but stable power supply.

I wonder how someone like manages to use the internet. The way you talk shows how shallow your thinking mentality is. The same set of people who have held Nigerians captive are the ones who are buying PHCN. With these sets of people buying PHCN, its a matter of moving from frying to fire. When the greedy capitalists buy, Nigerians will suffer the more. Majority of the foreign Companies that are technically proven have been frustrated out of the process.

PHCN staffs forsaw this scenario but the people in government know that generality of Nigerians are ignorant of how the power sector is run. They know that it is PHCN staff you see and therefore, hold responsibility for inadequacy in the power sector. They therefore used such opportunity to instigate the general public againt PHCN staffs when they know fully well that enough power is not generated because the available capacity is not enough, not even for Lagos State not to talk of for the whole of Nigeria.

What we need is sanity in the system which is supposed to start from our politicians themselves. The one and only solution to power insufficiency is building of more power generation stations and not privatisation. And it is only the FG that has the license to build power stations and they know it but since they know that Nigerians dont know, they instigate you agaist PHCN. This is not to say that there is no corruption among staff but it is just a reflection of what obtains in the whole country. Thats why we need sanity not privatisation.

What PHCN unions tried to prevent was opposed by the general public. You all wanted privatisation ? Here, it comes. They will use the money stolen from you to by your property. Won fe fi owo Abu se Abu lalejo.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by leyom234: 9:47am On Sep 26, 2012
leyom234:

Can you imagine that? Many of us saw such scenarion but you people dont believe us. Privatisation , welcome!!!
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by leyom234: 9:47am On Sep 26, 2012
leyom234:

Can you imagine that? Many of us saw such scenario but you people ddnt believe us. Privatisation , welcome!!!
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by leyom234: 9:48am On Sep 26, 2012
jadakiss213: how is the process non-transparent and biased?? If u have the money and u are qualified technically,wait and bid for the next round..we should look at issues objectively..

Is this a Nigerian youth talking like this?
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by leyom234: 9:49am On Sep 26, 2012

Is this a Nigerian youth talking like this? How is Otedola technically qualified?
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by leyom234: 9:59am On Sep 26, 2012
agabaI23: Bill won't be any funnier because NERC will regulate prices

OK so what happens to the bills you people are greviously moaning about at the moment? NERC doesnt regulate it? NERC knows and they are more concerned about what the FG wants. Is FG Petroleum Pricing Regulatory body not aware of the fuel crisis in the Country? Are they not aware that petrol is sold for 120? So what are they regulating? NERC my foot. So when Otedola buys and he chooses to bill us based on his desires to make his own profit, NERC will tell him to reduce it? You are BIG JOKE.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by leyom234: 10:05am On Sep 26, 2012
triaophant: Very funny indeed,do we mean to say that after the billions of dollars spent by Nigeria to build those power Plants, we are now selling them for pittance just to accommodate some more crooks? God is watching, that God that delivered us from Abacha in his own way will deliver us again at the fullness of time, Amen.

PHCN unions forsaw this and campeigned agaist it but you all wanted privatisation. Now, it has come, why not embrace it?
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by leyom234: 10:13am On Sep 26, 2012
jadakiss213: Quiet guy..Nnaji has interest in Afam power plant..stop rabble rousing

No mind them. They dont know Nnaji's name would have been mentioned as one of the prospective buyers if not that there are too many bigger boys than he is.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by onatisi(m): 10:16am On Sep 26, 2012
leyom234:

I wonder how someone like manages to use the internet. The way you talk shows how shallow your thinking mentality is. The same set of people who have held Nigerians captive are the ones who are buying PHCN. With these sets of people buying PHCN, its a matter of moving from frying to fire. When the greedy capitalists buy, Nigerians will suffer the more. Majority of the foreign Companies that are technically proven have been frustrated out of the process.

PHCN staffs forsaw this scenario but the people in government know that generality of Nigerians are ignorant of how the power sector is run. They know that it is PHCN staff you see and therefore, hold responsibility for inadequacy in the power sector. They therefore used such opportunity to instigate the general public againt PHCN staffs when they know fully well that enough power is not generated because the available capacity is not enough, not even for Lagos State not to talk of for the whole of Nigeria.

What we need is sanity in the system which is supposed to start from our politicians themselves. The one and only solution to power insufficiency is building of more power generation stations and not privatisation. And it is only the FG that has the license to build power stations and they know it but since they know that Nigerians dont know, they instigate you agaist PHCN. This is not to say that there is no corruption among staff but it is just a reflection of what obtains in the whole country. Thats why we need sanity not privatisation.

What PHCN unions tried to prevent was opposed by the general public. You all wanted privatisation ? Here, it comes. They will use the money stolen from you to by your property. Won fe fi owo Abu se Abu lalejo.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
finally and at last somebody is thinking out of the box,i have said it i wont argue with anyone on this issue.maybe after 800 years majority of nigerians will start thinking sensibly like this writer but for now ,I JUST DEY LAFFFFFFFFUUUU OOOOOOOO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by onatisi(m): 10:21am On Sep 26, 2012
leyom234:

Is this a Nigerian youth talking like this? How is Otedola technically qualified?

you are wasting ur time arguing with ppl on this matter they wont or will never understand until the whole gme plan starts unfolding before their eyes .dont be surprised if fg stupidily starts giving loans to these rouges they call"preffered bidders",foolish talk?never doubt what a nigerian president cn do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Jumia Nigeria Fires Its Staff: True Experience / BREAKING: Former INEC Staff In Kwara Sent To Seven Years In Jail / Zoning: Ugwunayi Calls On Tambuwal, 3 Others PDP Aspirants To Be Fair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.