Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

You Want To Start Biz, Already In Biz..or Whatever..read This.... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / You Want To Start Biz, Already In Biz..or Whatever..read This.... (850 Views)

Pls. I Have 70k To Run Biz Or Service. I Need An Ideal Idea. / Pls I Nid Advice On Car Parts Biz Or A Biz One Can Start Wit A Million Naira / List Of Most Influential And Powerful Nigerian Women In Biz And Politics (2011) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Want To Start Biz, Already In Biz..or Whatever..read This.... by kayjegs: 3:20pm On Sep 25, 2012
I have been giving business advices and ideas on nairaland for sometime now. Over the years, I have compiled a list of businesses one can do, import and export businesses + contacts. Information about the minimum capital required, how to start and for import/export business; the terms you need to know, even if you want to be a middleman or broker.
The businesses listed here are hot, tested and tried businesses one can do to generate money and maintain a good stream of income. These are not internet businesses but practical ones.

1. Horticulture: This is not about "flowers or beautification" as many of us know. NO! It is about growing vegetables such as leafy vegetables, tomatoes, peppers. This is one of the areas of Agriculture I will advice people to explore. Many people have not been talking about this in many business fora but hey! it is a reliable and serious business which gives you returns all through the year. One thing you need to know is that leafy vegetables, tomatoes and peppers can grow anywhere in Nigeria and not exclusive to the Northern part like many of us think.You need the leats capital possible to get started and you would be surprised at the turn-out. I know you know, there is always market for these items. More details on request such as How to start (simple), minimum capital required, marketing. You can even try starting on your own anyhow..just opening your mind to see this...

2. Poultry farming: This is for meat and egg production. This has been extensively dealt with in many fora and especially on Nairaland. There are many people into it and there is always market for everybody into it. Therefore, you coming in, is no problem but you getting good markets and maintaining a good stream of income from this is what matters and you can only thrive well if you package yours very well. There are several ways of packaging yours well which many people have not opened their eyes to. One other thing to chip in here is that, you get more markets if you can process your poultry meat. More details on request as well.

3. Snail Farming: This has been extensively dealt with too in many fora but it is still a very good business to venture into. It can also be export based. More details on request.

4. Petroleum Marketing: Every aspect of the petroleum industry is lucrative and profitable but we are trying to deal with the aspect with the less capital required as possible to start and still make profit like any other. This is Kerosene marketing. You can be Kerosene dealer in large scale with very minimal capital required. The reason why Kerosene is prefered here is because it onvolves the least sophistication to start unlike Petrol where you have to build a filling station with underground tanks and so on. Kerosene marketing has been extensively dealt with in this fora by some experts and so you can avail yourself of the opportunity. You can as well get information from me. Minimum capital required, registration details and so on....Details on request.

5. Transport (Haulage and Passenger): I have been on this for some years now, researching and offering advices to people who wish to venture into it with some measure of success recorded. Transport is an important part of commerce and so it is highly needed by everybody. Competitions in this sector is increasing per day, moreso with Government participation in the sector by using it as Revenue Generation too...I know you know about State Owned Transport companies. However, with this, you can still make your money. Minimum capital required, registration details with necessary authorities, how to start, buying your vehicle, and what you can do to beat competitors are available on request. There are also always Haulage Contracts around, so going into Haulage, makes sense as well.

6. Food Vendoring: This is a business that will always be profitable no matter what. Many people have not opened their eyes to this. It is a business with passion to satisfy customers and you will always make your gain. People cannot do without food. Any time, I am entering a McDonalds, our Mr Biggs and Tantalizers, you will always meet people coming in to buy one thing or the other. You may not have the money to estblish such large food outlets, but what about our "Mama Put" Bukas...why can't you copy their model, polish it, make yours neater, make your servers very neat and with courtesy, you will gain customer's confidence and then translates to more money for you. You can establish businesses like this even without you staying there throughout. You can get more details yourself or better still, you can have details on request.

7. Export and Import Businesses: This is a business that will always sell. This is International Commerce which involves exchanges between Nations and continents. For a country like Nigeria, we can export Raw materials since we cant really produce anything and we import finished products. The people exporting finished products to us will also have to import raw materials. In either ways, there is exchange of "MONEY". You can be an Export/Import (EXIM) agent or broker; all you need is to know the terms of the trade, information about the products and the buyer's contact as well as seller's contact. This is available on request. We have some foreign buyer contacts for products such as Cashew, Cassava chips, cocoa beans and so on. Please do not ask about contacts for Charcoal (I am an Environmentalist and do not support charcoal export personally).

8. In addition, you can export Garri, smoked fish, cray fish (grounded or whole), Melon (Egusi in Yoruba) and even beans (Ewa oloyin). These are seriously needed abroad by Nigerians and other Africans. You will always get markets for this abroad and they are quite expensive. All you need to do is to package it well, get someone abroad like a relative to just tell people. If one person hears about it, it spreads like fire...this is how it is in the community of Africans abroad, so you will always make gain. You can also get Africans through their churches or mosques Abroad. You can ask your contacts abroad to help you make this and you will be surprised at the outcome.

You have heard enough motivation from motivation speakers, but now is the time to act. You cant make money by just sitting down, doing nothing but listening to endless seminars. Even if it will fail, why dont you just try it. There is no crime in trying.
These businesses and their feasibilities have been compiled over the years into a single entity. You can't get info on only one, but all at the same time. It is now left for you to choose after going through all the businesses in the package based on your passion or pocket size.

Sorry this is not for free but it is cheap. If serious, send me email to kayjegs@yahoo.com. Thank you for taking steps to make money for yourself.

(1) (Reply)

Training On Interior Decor / Which One Will You Go For: Please Help Us Out (forex Robot) / Are You Making Money Online?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.