Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] (15256 Views)

My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday / Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) / Wayas (2nd Republic Senate President), Charly Boy Banned By Arik (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by MurphyT1: 10:27am On Sep 26, 2012
Arik Air has released a list of Nigerians, who will not be allowed to fly with them. One of the most prominent names on the list is Japheth Omojuwa, who has been on a campaign against the airline, because of his misplaced iPAD.

Just last week, the self acclaimed social activist, booked a flight from Abuja to Lagos with Arik and actually boarded, before they discovered their own error and got him off the flight.

Here’s the full list of the blacklisted customers:

Japheth Omojuwa
George Uriesi
Messrs Victor-Ogbondah Elo
Lawal Lateef
Obayomi Osoba
Obiriki James
Guanah Raymos
Messrs Moulim Buobacal
Muossa Baba
Al-Laranma Ibrahim
Warsame Ahmed Adbukadir
Abdel Rahman Wala Eldin
Mohammed Murtada Awad Allad Ahmad
Bakare Lanre
Miss Davies- Fasan Adesola
Mrs Ejilasisi Kudirat Abike
Mr Musa Azeez Arisekola
Mr Adesugba Sijuade Adekoya
Oluseye Yakubu Idowu
Olomiwe Peter Chukwu
Nwachukwu Austin
Messrs Orji Daniel Ikechukwu
Uzoh Himan
Adesanya David
Ikukoyi Olufemi Olukay
Grace Ikiruka Guobadia

* list last updated on Monday, September 24, 2012.

- ireport-ng.com

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/09/25/japheth-omojuwa-24-nigerians-blacklisted-arik-air-see-full-list/
Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by apala911: 10:59am On Sep 26, 2012
Hmmmm, but omojuwa after casting aspersions on the integrity of the airline should ve allowed the issue to be settled amicably before going back to patronize the same airline.........can u now see.....the airline has taken a decisive step ....omojuwa can't publicly alleged it of theft and secretly still patronizing its services

3 Likes

Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by Silva79(f): 12:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
Mumu omojuwa,after them don thief him ipad u go back go patronise them again...nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by Kx: 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2012
Airline blacklisting "paying" customers,when did airline start selecting customers? 2 much money?

4 Likes

Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by gidiMonsta(m): 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
Silva79: Mumu omojuwa,after them don thief him ipad u go back go patronise them again...nonsense

He knew they had blacklisted him, that's why he wore the #ArikWhereIsMyIpad shirt to board the plane to give Arik more headaches, it was his own way of protesting. The mumu here is obviously you since you didn't get you stories straight before insulting him.

8 Likes

Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by Olucheye(m): 12:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
gidiMonsta:

He knew they had blacklisted him, that's why he wore the #ArikWhereIsMyIpad shirt to board the plane to give Arik more headaches, it was his own way of protesting. The mumu here is obviously you since you didn't get you stories straight before insulting him.

Another Omojuwa Voltron.... Why was he screaming on twitter after he was prevented from boarding when he knew before hand? **pfft*

4 Likes

Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by usmanyaro17: 1:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
Omojuwa!Omojuwa!! Omojuwa,I thot u are planing to buy a private jet,Wahala dey to enter bus don catch you.
Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by Camilia247: 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
But wait o, I tot ipads r hand luggage, how did arik misplace omojuwa's own or did he check it in or send it as unaccompany property? Cos I really cnt undestand hw a grown up can hold his ipad and later misplace it, thereafter looks for avenue to blame for his carelessness, I stand to b corrected anyway...but it baffles me sha. If I was him, I wudnt hav ever entered arik again after makin so much noise on social media and even printing t-shirts to display my anger, but he lacked d wisdom in dat area only to be embarass and humiliated on d said day, I wonder hw he felt d day he ws told to get off d plane, hw he managed wit his plans, eya! I feel for him sha, but somehow he caused it, abi I lie?

1 Like

Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by jmaine: 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2012
Make Omojuwa shun Arik jare. There are other worthy airlines like Dana to patronize grin . . . .

4 Likes

Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by floriana(m): 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2012
This is the tyranny of near monopoly. With most of the airlines in Nigeria going under, the fraudulent Arik air can afford to pick and choose. Another testimony to the fact that Nigeria as a country will never be a great nation.

1 Like

Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by usmanyaro17: 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2012
Camilia247: But wait o, I tot ipads r hand luggage, how did arik misplace omojuwa's own or did he check it in or send it as unaccompany property? Cos I really cnt undestand hw a grown up can hold his ipad and later misplace it, thereafter looks for avenue to blame for his carelessness, I stand to b corrected anyway...but it baffles me sha. If I was him, I wudnt hav ever entered arik again after makin so much noise on social media and even printing t-shirts to display my anger, but he lacked d wisdom in dat area only to be embarass and humiliated on d said day, I wonder hw he felt d day he ws told to get off d plane, hw he managed wit his plans, eya! I feel for him sha, but somehow he caused it, abi I lie?
Are u telling me that upon the insults that Omojuwa rained on Arik he still boarded that airline?Haba Omojuwa I thot u are a big boy?you are too young to be passing through this convertroversy...you better grow up and behave well if not your mouth will put you into trouble one day.
Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by MurphyT1: 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
floriana: This is the tyranny of near monopoly. With most of the airlines in Nigeria going under, the fraudulent Arik air can afford to pick and choose. Another testimony to the fact that Nigeria as a country will never be a great nation.
dat one is ur own o, Nigeria is a great country, and will remain great, whether arik does biz wit omojuwa or not, it is immaterial...if for obvious reasons arik decides not to do biz wit omojuwa or any other persons, hw does that concern d greatness of nig? find out wot happened for such a decision from arik first.

2 Likes

Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by MurphyT1: 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2012
jmaine: Make Omojuwa shun Arik jare. There are other worthy airlines like Dana to patronize grin . . . .

omo u bad o grin grin grin grin
Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by bigass(f): 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2012
[size=16pt]I HATE OMOJUWA LIKE MAD HE IS TOO FULL OF HIMSELF AND HAS MANY STUPID/GULLIBLE FOLLOWERS [/size]

5 Likes

Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by hardeihorlar(f): 1:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
Kx: Airline blacklisting "paying" customers,when did airline start selecting customers? 2 much money?
Abi ooo
Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 26, 2012
apala911: Hmmmm, but omojuwa after casting aspersions on the integrity of the airline should ve allowed the issue to be settled amicably before going back to patronize the same airline.........can u now see.....the airline has taken a decisive step ....omojuwa can't publicly alleged it of theft and secretly still patronizing its services
My broda, idikwa too much..
Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by SisiKill1: 1:59pm On Sep 26, 2012
Banning people in a country where obtaining a new identity is as easy as buying pure water?

This should be interesting. cheesy
Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by wonlasewonimi: 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
He just wants ipad 3.

1 Like

Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by Ramcie(f): 2:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
wonlasewonimi:
He just wants ipad 3.
lmao .wicked cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by 2million1(m): 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2012
Heard they blacklisted the G.M of FAAN....person wey get airport na him dem blacklist...if na me u go carry your plane for head travell because no be for my airport d plane go land
Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by yuzedo: 2:19pm On Sep 26, 2012
Are they Terrorists and Boko Haramites?? undecided
Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by Segunbills(m): 2:22pm On Sep 26, 2012
Well omojuwa needed this publicity I think his wish has finally been accomplished.
Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by DontJustDoIt: 2:23pm On Sep 26, 2012
The guy should just "pass the mic" go and go grab a seat jor! grin After being careless with his precious ipad, he turns around to launch a smear campaign on a plane he still sneaks to fly in... Nice try! grin Double Shior!!! on him and his gullible followers

4 Likes

Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by wandeay: 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2012
am sure all these pple dont patronize as expected (e.g boarding 9 flights a week), because if dats d case, they wont afford to loose the huge amount of money, like some pple always say, how does this affect the price of airfare?
Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by MurphyT1: 2:28pm On Sep 26, 2012
wonlasewonimi:
He just wants ipad 3.
grin grin i dnt think so, i think he needed the N50million he demanded frm them grin
Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by tsmack: 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
Who knows the basis for the ban? Is it because they supported Omojuwa or where they also robbed on Arik airline?

These type of drama is unique to our environment. Anyway, the company just signed its death warrant. They just shot their PR kite down. And whether we like it or not, bad PR will always hunt you in future.

1 Like

Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by Xtana: 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2012
So did the said Omojuwa give his USELESS IPAD to the pilot to keep for him? If he is suffering from SEVERE MEMORY LOSS that is his headache.
Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by mrmofasa(m): 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
bigass: [size=16pt]I HATE OMOJUWA LIKE MAD HE IS TOO FULL OF HIMSELF AND HAS MANY STUPID/GULLIBLE FOLLOWERS [/size]
Did you just speak sense? The anonymity of NL is not an excuse for the display of stupidity or flagrant use of abusive or derogratory words.

bigass, that's who you are!

2 Likes

Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 26, 2012
This is a clear sign and proof of the fact that Arik Air clearly does not know what Customer Service/Care is all about!
I advice them to read the book, "the customer is boss".
Nigerians are clearly lacking in the area of Customer Service.
In as much as they are actually trying to use a strategy that's used only for "pain in the neck customers"
,i just think for this case of omojuwa plus all the others i read this strategy is not it. When not one, not two, not three but more than three customers have complained about the same issue repeatedly and at an increasing and alarming rate, then something must be wrong with the airline.
They have actually created trouble for themselves in the future, with the way this whole issue was handled.
One thing Nigerians do is "they see the now, but forget about later"

Time will tell!

4 Likes

Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by Opoki(m): 2:56pm On Sep 26, 2012
I thought my name is therecheesy.
Besides who is Omojuwa?
Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by aare07(m): 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2012
inasmuch they dont have monopolistic power to operate

2 Likes

Re: Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] by Gboliwe: 2:59pm On Sep 26, 2012
Arik Air must have had it with those blacklisted. Truth be told, some customers are a pain in the ass. One gets exasperated just trying to please them and always they never get pleased. Management of Arik must have had a had time blacklisting the ones we read about. To them, its better they keep their cash and let us remain in one piece.
Omojuwa's approach to life generally based on his few tweets i've read sounds like an upcoming lunatic.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge / Private Firm, SecureID To Manage Abuja-Kaduna Rail E-Ticket For 10 Years / About Air Ticket To China From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.