Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge (15258 Views)

Sami Court: ₦115K Per Night Hotel At Abuja Airport / Wow! Newly Renovated Abuja Airport With Rooms For The Physically Challenged(pics / Nest Oil Private Jet Lost Control At Abuja Airport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by lalasticlala(m): 3:35pm On Mar 30, 2018
Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (NAIA) Abuja on Friday witnessed an upsurge of traffic as hundreds of passengers travel to different parts of the country for Easter celebration.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the upsurge was more in the domestic wing even as international terminal also looks busy.

An official of the airport, who pleaded anonymity, told NAN that the airport was busier on Thursday than Friday.

He explained that the Thursday traffic was more on the Lagos route, attributing it to the celebration of Bola Tinubu’s birthday that took place in Lagos.

Mr Abdullahi Saroke, Max Air Station Manager, said that all flights had been fully booked for the past three days to different parts of the country.

Saroke confirmed that the airport had been quite busy in the last three days, adding that flight operations were normal.

He disclosed that there were some cancellations and flight delays to some northern parts of the country on Thursday due to hazy weather conditions in those areas.

According to him, no flight has been cancelled on Friday but there was some delays especially on flights to Maiduguri, Yola and Kano.

“The traffic was more yesterday than today but we had some delays and cancellations yesterday because of bad weather.

“All flights have been fully booked since Tuesday due to Easter celebration and we have been having upsurge of passengers since yesterday (Thursday).

“This is good for airlines because they survive on the number of flights they operate per time,” he said.

A traveler, Mr Martin Akinola, said the long holiday was an opportunity for him to travel to see his aged parents in Ibadan.

Akinola urged Christians to use this period to pray for the peace of Nigeria and an end to the farmers/herdsmen clashes across the country.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/easter-abuja-airport-witnesses-traffic-upsurge/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by taylor89(m): 3:38pm On Mar 30, 2018
Making FTC on lalasticlala's own thread is as difficult as Buhari going 30mins untop of Aisha

Lala let me use this divine opportunity to ask u a question

Is it true that the love and bond between Buhari and cow is the same love you have with snakes

Don't remove my post or ban me ooo...i only expressed my inner most mind from the anus up to nostrils

9 Likes

Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by femo86(m): 3:46pm On Mar 30, 2018
D
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by mejai(m): 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2018
signs of gud leadership from buhari. booming economy. grin

4 Likes

Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by Amirullaha(m): 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2018
Hope the fares was not increased

1 Like

Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by CastedAyo: 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2018
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by maxwell767(m): 3:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
undecided
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by Built2last: 3:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
Air peace is the only viable remaining air line in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by bjayx: 3:50pm On Mar 30, 2018
Safe trip to all travellers
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 3:50pm On Mar 30, 2018
Built2last:
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by kindklemz(m): 3:51pm On Mar 30, 2018
Less than 10 posts and it's already on front page. Who says connection no dey work?
Lala, I greet.
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by FlamesD: 3:51pm On Mar 30, 2018
In this occasion of remembering the greatest sacrifice for the salvation of mankind, I wish all Christians a pleasant and sober Easter celebration.

5 Likes

Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by jayson87: 3:52pm On Mar 30, 2018
Abuja is a typical no mans land. Any given holiday, the city becomes a partial ghost town
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by Paperwhite(m): 3:53pm On Mar 30, 2018
While me dey trapped for Yola now.Weather is just absolutely bad here. cry cry
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by Kaybaba5(m): 3:53pm On Mar 30, 2018
Who e epp
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 30, 2018
kindklemz:
Less than 10 posts and it's already on front page. Who says connection no dey work?
Lala, I greet.

I have been observing too. But hey, Abuja is a city to hustle. During any holidays, people (mainly civil servants) go back to base. It is always like this. cool
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by victorazyvictor(m): 3:54pm On Mar 30, 2018
hehe
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:57pm On Mar 30, 2018
People have to go meet their families mehn!
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by horsepower101: 4:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
Built2last:

The rate that they are growing is impressive.

I can wait for them to make Enugu airport their hub.

Plus Ethiopian airlines is beginning to act reckless to Nigerian customers.
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by cdqyehyeh(m): 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2018
ok
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by SarkinYarki: 4:07pm On Mar 30, 2018
mejai:
signs of gud leadership from buhari. booming economy. grin

Senseless ..no time time dis aviation withness more traffic than under Jonathan govt where a lot of Nigerians got fly for the first time due to affordable air travel then
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by Flexherbal(m): 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
Happy Easter to all !
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by mysteriousman(m): 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2018
Hmm no be only for airport even for bus parks and even train stations grin
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by ZombieTAMER: 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2018
Easter things
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by Sagay212: 5:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
Why not. Abuja is so phucking boring. I don't know how people manage to live there. Of course the evil theiving and ever corrupt politicians and their olosho customers will enjoy it . Small holiday and they are all running away. Many of them to lagos.
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by Auxiliary(m): 5:29pm On Mar 30, 2018
taylor89:
Making FTC on lalasticlala's own thread is as difficult as Buhari going 30mins untop of Aisha

Lala let me use this divine opportunity to ask u a question

Is it true that the love and bond between Buhari and cow is the same love you have with snakes

Don't remove my post or ban me ooo...i only expressed my inner most mind from the anus up to nostrils

Bros, hope say you don pack or make I con help you...

But, let's hope he answers the question, he is human after all
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by BiafraIShere(m): 6:24pm On Mar 30, 2018
horsepower101:

The rate that they are growing is impressive.

I can wait for them to make Enugu airport their hub.

Plus Ethiopian airlines is beginning to act reckless to Nigerian customers.
The two SE airports of Owerri and Enugu are performing very well; Owerri is already the fourth busiest airport in Nigeria while Enugu is also doing well in the international arena despite wicked plans to retard their growth by the federal government and its agencies.

1 Like

Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by oluwatofunmi1990: 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2018
Re: Easter: Abuja Airport Witnesses Traffic Upsurge by fiftynaira(m): 8:12pm On Mar 30, 2018
Lagos am here......

Tell goldbim

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omojuwa, 24 Others Blacklisted By Arik Air [see Full List] / Private Firm, SecureID To Manage Abuja-Kaduna Rail E-Ticket For 10 Years / About Air Ticket To China From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.