Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

What Exactly Is This Called Again - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Exactly Is This Called Again (1213 Views)

Check Out This Bag That Looks Exactly Like A Scrotum (photos) / What Exactly Is Aunty Ayo Mogaji Wearing? / What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Exactly Is This Called Again by sparko1(m): 11:21am On Sep 26, 2012
A man took a photo without Balpreet Kaur's consent and uploaded onto Reddit in the 'funny' category with the tagline 'im (sic) not sure what to conclude from this'
The aspiring neurosurgeon discovered the picture - which shows her standing in a queue - and, instead of flying into a rage at the person behind the cheap dig, she posted a comment explaining why she didn't remove her hair.
Ms Kaur, who is an Ohio State University student, pointed out that as part of the Five Ks that Sikhs follow, one of the tenets is Kesh, which asks that she allows her hair to grow naturally and does not cut it.
Ms Kaur said:
'I'm not embarrassed or even humiliated by the attention [negative and positve] that this picture is getting because, it's who I am.
'Yes, I'm a baptized Sikh woman with facial hair. Yes, I realize that my gender is often confused and I look different than most women.
'However, baptized Sikhs believe in the sacredness of this body - it is a gift that has been given to us by the Divine Being [which is genderless, actually] and, must keep it intact as a submission to the divine will.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2208772/Sikh-student-defends-facial-hair-photo-goes-viral.html

I THINK THERE SHOULD BE A LAW THAT RESTRICT LADIES FROM KEEPING THE HAIR ON THIRE FACE!, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Re: What Exactly Is This Called Again by stankion(m): 8:41am On Oct 13, 2012
Dis woman is bold I swear, a woman on d tv (TLC channel) was crying äπϑ ashamed of her own hair until she had a lazer treatment. Which kind law to abolish hair keeping women? N̶̲̥̅̊​α she create herself? Let her do wat she wants joor!!
Re: What Exactly Is This Called Again by kandiikane(m): 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2012
Too much testosterone.

(1) (Reply)

20 Year Old Nigerian Fashion Designer Andrea Iyamah Featured.... / Long Lasting, Affordable Perfumes / "Best 10 Tips On How To Grow And Maintain Your Natural Hair Within 10 Days"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.