Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? (34917 Views)

Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries / What Exactly Is Aunty Ayo Mogaji Wearing? / Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by ProfBills(m): 7:35pm On Dec 20, 2005
WHAT IS A QUALIFICATION FOR INDECENT DRESSING

Many a times, we have over laboured the topic of indecent dressing in our societies. But the Multibillion dollar question still lingers in my mind every day. what is indecent dressing? how well should a girl or a boy dress to make everybody appreciate the outfit.how short or transparent is a dress to be considered indecent. I want to know so we can put an end to this everliving but no impact topic
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by snazzydawn(f): 10:52pm On Dec 20, 2005
You wanna know what indecent dressing is?Go to Ls vegas!!!ok,come back home.....go to University of Calabar,come back and tell us!!!

1 Like

Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by cushman(m): 1:41pm On Dec 21, 2005
snazzydawn:

You want to know what indecent dressing is?Go to Ls vegas!!!ok,come back home.go to University of Calabar,come back and tell us!!!

What about University of Uyo?
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by nike4luv(f): 5:04am On Dec 22, 2005
u should know, since.................
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by mide2(f): 5:16am On Dec 22, 2005
lol....if one should follow aqua's definition, you'll hardly see any lady decently dressed. I think decency in dressing goes along with where you'r going, what time of the day and other factors. Like wearing a diner dress which slightly hugs your figure and shows a bit of your cleavage can't be seen as undecent to an evening party. And wearing your swimming trunk beside the beach isn't undecent. Wearing miniskirts and jump tops to girls outing isn't a bad idea either. But wearing it to the church, official ceremonies like wedding and work place is nothing but INDECENCY in capital letters.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by hotangel2(f): 6:36am On Dec 22, 2005
Indecent dressing is when you dress and you KNOW that what you wear is "indecent".

My indecent wears could be perfectly decent to the girl sitting next to me.

My definition of indecent dressing is hereby: An act of dressing in which the 'dresse' (the person dressing him/herself up), knows that what s/he is wearing is not decent.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by otokx(m): 4:47pm On Dec 22, 2005
when u see what you are not normally supposed to see without trying to see then u see.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by cushman(m): 6:04pm On Dec 23, 2005
aqua:

As i have said before Indecent Dressing is any dressing that shows,breast shape, ass shape, nipple outlines, undies outline, breast outline(different from breast shape o,) ass outline, bra outline, bra shape, bra color, vagina outline and the least cleavages, infact any outline that connotes sex is indecent ta me tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue shocked

Very explicit
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by dagaro(m): 6:25pm On Dec 23, 2005
What about the guys, can't a guy dress indecently?
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by cushman(m): 6:31pm On Dec 23, 2005
dagaro:

What about the guys, can't a guy dress indecently?

How?
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by dagaro(m): 7:18pm On Dec 23, 2005
The question here is that Can a guy dress indecently or not? If you can't answer it let the ladies in the house answer it.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by hotangel2(f): 9:23pm On Dec 23, 2005
Yes a guy can dress indecently.

If im to leave my defination of indescent dressing and follow AQUA's deffinition! Boys will be in trouble u know?

That kind of of indecent would be:
A guy that has absolutely no muscles in his arm wearing a muscle Tee shirt,
A guy with no nice body shape, wearing net vest.. he knows he ain't got no six pack and sh!t but he still shows his pot belle in that vest.
A guy that know he has the tiniest/skinniest legs and wear boxers outside of his house. Or wearing those half pants. Hunnie who's u kidding? You'll look like a chicken in a pant.

The indecent dressings of girls according to AQUA, could still be termed dressing too sexy! But for the guys, it's just called DISGUSTING!

Infact ehh... AQUA's deffinition is just not the right definition.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by Outkast(f): 1:14am On Dec 24, 2005
like my gurl hotangel said, what i think is indecent you might think is decent, people have their own definitions.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by ocho(f): 1:42am On Dec 24, 2005
@aqua...your definiton of indecent dressing...tire me oo but sha, that's your opinion shey?
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by DEKING3(m): 11:14am On Dec 24, 2005
Different occassions call for different dressings. As long as you have the wrong dress for the wrong moment, that's indecency. What is meant to be worn only in the home at night is indecent when worn in the streets in broad day light.

What's that person's intention, huh?
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by FOD(m): 11:42am On Dec 24, 2005
I agree with De-king...

Check out some profiles and you'll see what we're talking abt. Why on earth would a lady expose her boobs in the name of fashion?
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by cammy(f): 8:50pm On Dec 24, 2005
a long dreadfull dress with a very long sleeve. sorry but gotta show some skin. there is no indecent clothing. not if ur not walking around with a bra and panties.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by spikelord(m): 3:53pm On Dec 25, 2005
Left to me, I don't think there is anything like indecent dressing talking about boys. Indecent girls are to me the most admired in this country which means they are too sexy on the other hand. For boys, it's our time and when the time comes for proper official dressing, Nobody needs to be taught.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by IB7(f): 6:37pm On Dec 25, 2005
[b]Guys..... it's "Dressing 101."  Wearing improper attire to a proper occassion is indecent dressing.  I agreed with an author on this forum who said "different occassions calls for different dressing."  As a female, I am disgusted to see some females dressing improperly even when there is no occassion.  With respect to the ladies in nigeria, I must say..... some females in nigeria has taken fashion to another level by trying to immitate the western world. 

Ladies, if we want guys to respect us, we have to dress respectfully.  When I go to work, my dressing is biz casual sometimes suits.  When I go to evening dinners is gowns or short dresses that shows my figure w/skin showing and my hair either down or pulled up.  When I go to birthday parties is either sexy dresses that shows my figures with skin showing or a top w/short mini-skirts with or without high knee boots.  Now when I go clubbing with my girls, it's once again either short skirts or jeans; 75% is jeans with sexy tops without my boobs hanging out.....

The above description of my dressing is not indecent dressing.  It's call sophisticated and sexy dressing.

Regards,
IB
[/b]
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by seeni4ever(m): 7:08pm On Dec 25, 2005
indecent dressing comes in many ways for example someone wearing agbada to a tea party or someone wearring a winter jacket to spring break. indecent dress or dressing can be determine by the type off event or the place you are going. wearing a bikini to church is indecent but to miami beach that is the best.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by gracious(f): 10:21pm On Dec 25, 2005
ha ha seeni4ever u got me laughing when u said wearing bikini to church. anyway indecent dressing depends on your definition of indecent. To some people, a skirt at the knee level is indecent whereas to others like the high skool i attended, a skirt becomes  indecent when it is shorter than her hands when she stands at attention. someone raised a question that how can guys be indecent. well since we are discussing indecent not sexy or body type, a guy could be indecent when he saggs his pants, wears bandana, and all those scarfs. but again it depends on the occassion.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by goodguy(m): 10:54pm On Dec 25, 2005
As I said on the other thread, it's really funny how ladies prefer to be called "SEXY", but they flare up when referred to as "SEX THINGS". They belong to the same category afterall.

Quoting aqua, Indecent Dressing is any dressing that shows nipple outlines, undies outline, breast outline (different from breast shape o), ass outline, bra outline, bra shape, vagina outline and the last, cleavages. Infact, any outline that connotes sex is indecent to me.
(I had to do some editing.)
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by Renike(f): 12:19am On Dec 26, 2005
when "things" are exposed and shldnt be!

1 Like

Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by CHIMUMMY(f): 11:25am On Dec 26, 2005
I believe indecent dressing is any dress code that reveals your ''SEX PARTS''  the breasts,
hips, tommy etc. as a woman. And as a guy indecent dressing is wearing boxers out and putting on sleeveless that shows your chest esp. when hairy.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by Seun(m): 5:03am On Dec 27, 2005
ChiMummy, how is the stomach a sex part?
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by lauryn(f): 5:06am On Dec 27, 2005
Seun:

ChiMummy, how is the stomach a sex part?

lmao smiley
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by CHIDEBPET(m): 10:02am On Dec 27, 2005
INDECENT DRESSING IS WHATEVER REVEALS ANY PART OF THE BODY THAT SHOULD BE CALLED PRIVATE. wink angry
IT IS THE TYPE OF DRESS THAT MAKES A PRIVATE OBJECT TO BECOME PUBLIC AND FREE FOR ALL.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by goodguy(m): 6:31pm On Dec 27, 2005
In short, Indecent Dressing is the type of dressing that exposes the parts or outlines of the parts of the body which, on a good day, cannot be totally revealed by the 'wearer', as it is considered PRIVATE.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by vyvyan(f): 6:45pm On Dec 27, 2005
Hmm indecent dressing.Well, indecent dressing in anything that connotes overt sexuality in public.Things meant to be unseen are made visible by such dressing. Thanks for schools like Covenant University that have taken it upon themselves to check this anomaly before it ruins our girls.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by ocho(f): 9:11pm On Dec 27, 2005
@chimummu: the tommy a sex part ?? that was funny but i think i get what u're trying to say
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by dagaro(m): 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2005
If tommy is a sex part, then all Indians are dressing indecently.
Re: What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? by gracious(f): 6:15pm On Dec 28, 2005
that is why the term indecent must really be defined by different individuals. coz indians it is their culture. bsides do indian guys get stimulated by seeing the girls tummy?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Queen Esther Nwauka Emerges Miss Big Tourism 2015 / Gym Photos Of Mr. Tourism Nigeria 2016 Finalist / How To Remove Tribal Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.