Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award (9606 Views)

$1.1b Fraud: British Judge Questions GEJ's Integrity, Stops Etete From Getting / Ekweremadu, Mimiko, Others To Receive Integrity Award / NBA Set To Honour Osinbajo, Aturu With Integrity Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by Raxxye(m): 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
Good gesture there by SEC. It‘s heart-warming and an encouragement to honest people like us.
BTW, what‘s Aruma Oteh still doing in that commission?
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by NaMe4: 5:27pm On Sep 26, 2012
wandeay: if not for nairaland, this man wouldn't have gotten dis, HOW?
When discussing national award ceremony held recently, a lot of people mentioned this man, and now good nigerians came here and forwarded his case to the appropriate place, and now it works,
LoL

Very True!

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by methodman(m): 5:28pm On Sep 26, 2012
bobokelly: Jonathan award is not for honest peoples, but, the thieves who loots nigeria tresury to enriched themselves, his awards is to thank them for stolen nigeria money.
What are u saying here?
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by Okijajuju1(m): 6:27pm On Sep 26, 2012
[size=16pt] 18 MILLION?!!![/size] I dey MADT?!! Return wetin?!!! If you fit forget 18 Million inside taxi, then e no important to you!! Omo some people sha!! Their fhuck sef dey vex God.. Nonetheless, AN EXAMPLERY NIGERIAN!!
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2012
Guinness nigeria plc also gave him an award and some money too.it was a great evEnt in lagos.
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by lukkie(m): 7:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
No, Jonathan cannot reward people like these. Only criminals n corrupt people like himself.

Enjoy your money jare, good man.
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by God2man(m): 8:00pm On Sep 26, 2012
bilms: AN- HE-11
Award
Lagos, Sept. 25, 2012 (NAN) Mr Imeh Usuah, a taxi driver, at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International, Abuja, on Tuesday emerged the winner of the Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) maiden Integrity Award.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Usuah was awarded a plaque and N2.5 million for his honesty.

Usua, accompanied by his wife Mercy was celebrated by the capital market community for returning N18 million forgotten in his taxi cab in 2007 by a customer.

Usuah a former workshop foreman with Julius Berger Plc had earlier been acknowledged and commended by four different groups in the country.

Earlier, Ms Arunma Oteh, the Director- General of SEC said that the award was the commission’s contributions toward the promotion, recognition and reward for integrity.

“Usuah's exemplary act of honesty and integrity had sprinkled a burst of refreshing dew upon the national consciousness,” Oteh said.

She said that “the integrity award is a careful response to a critical need of the Nigerian society, as it is through it that trust is built and sustained.”

In his response, Usuah, a native of Ubokudom in Akwa Ibom, commended the commission for the gesture and devoted the award to the ``unsung honest and committed Nigerians across the country.'' (NAN)

JNC/POE/MZA
http://www.nannewsngr.com/section/economy/abuja-taxi-driver-wins-sec%E2%80%99s-n25-m-integrity-award
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by menix(m): 8:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
idowuswap: How can someone think all tribe na lagosian is except yorubas fasola or akinolu oba eko or tinubu are from north or igbo.they are yorubas and if we split is not yoruba that s going 2 lives in lagos can any igbo claim EKO.? Why igbo no bring bakkasi hausa arewa why lagos is opc with other yobaland. Emajiyansi
Guy go tighten d bolt upstair...
@Topic...
B4 the end of next yr dis same taxi man would make dat money..God neva fails 2 reward...
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by SamMilla1(m): 8:57pm On Sep 26, 2012
Why not award him something bigger than 18 million, so that if i see 1billion that does not belong to me, i will return it.
Lucky chap, the taxi driver is a grand son of mother theresa.
Try that with the great, great, great X 2000 grand son of Judas and see if the result would be the same.
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
Kind gesture at least to pose some level of encouragement for others people to do the same if in their position
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by movmentish(m): 12:55am On Sep 27, 2012
idowuswap: How can someone think all tribe na lagosian is except yorubas fasola or akinolu oba eko or tinubu are from north or igbo.they are yorubas and if we split is not yoruba that s going 2 lives in lagos can any igbo claim EKO.? Why igbo no bring bakkasi hausa arewa why lagos is opc with other yobaland. Emajiyansi
And I was complaining bout freedom of speech,this dude just killed the queen of england wit his english
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by rapmike(m): 3:25am On Sep 27, 2012
Chinom: Fellow Nigerians, please raise your hand if you would have returned that N18m. Just post "I raise my hand". This guy deserves a statue. I don't know if i should hug him or slap him.
do both!lyke white ppl do
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by beqs101(f): 8:21am On Sep 27, 2012
Honesty really pays.. Despite the situation of the economy,we still have very honest nigerians.. I give it up for the Mr.
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by condralbede(m): 9:18am On Sep 27, 2012
so U hv nt stopped taking marijuana?
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by extension: 11:18am On Sep 27, 2012
I THINK NAIRALAND SOCIAL MEDIA IS DOING WELL NOW AND GOING PLACES.I STILL REMEBER MY COMMENT ON NATIONAL AWARD ABOUT THIS MAN CALLED IMEH USUAH WHICH THEY REFUSED TO HONOUR.
THANKGOD IT PAYS OFF AND GOD BLESS SEC FOR THAT HONOR WITH CASH.
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by preshuspee: 11:34am On Sep 27, 2012
bandiejay: good one, nice move, encouraging even-though i cant refund such money
LMAOOO!!!!!!! OMGGG!! I TOT I WAS THE ONLY ONE. i WILL never RETUN IT!! undecided
bandiejay: good one, nice move, encouraging even-though i cant refund such money
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 27, 2012
WTF! What are u saying? Gosh! Did u go to school @ all? Cant even decipher wot ure tryn 2 say
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by hardbody: 1:40pm On Sep 27, 2012
e.code:
That's commendable. I love what the man did by returning the money to the rightful owner. This has in turn opened so many doors of opportunities for him.
Honesty pays!

Bros, subtract N2.5m from N18.0m, the value of the difference is higher than the number of doors to opened. A rational mind will increase his taxi fleet and probably do a lot more with N15.5m. My reason is simple, why would one person have N18.0m while several others are wallowing in poverty. The money should go round.
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by cantell(m): 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2012
hardbody:

Bros, subtract N2.5m from N18.0m, the value of the difference is higher than the number of doors to opened. A rational mind will increase his taxi fleet and probably do a lot more with N15.5m. My reason is simple, why would one person have N18.0m while several others are wallowing in poverty. The money should go round.
Poor man's mentality.
"Millionaire at 29, thats 5yrs too late".
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by stupor(m): 2:23pm On Sep 27, 2012
bilms: AN- HE-11
Award
Lagos, Sept. 25, 2012 (NAN) Mr Imeh Usuah, a taxi driver, at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International, Abuja, on Tuesday emerged the winner of the Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) maiden Integrity Award.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Usuah was awarded a plaque and N2.5 million for his honesty.

Usua, accompanied by his wife Mercy was celebrated by the capital market community for returning N18 million forgotten in his taxi cab in 2007 by a customer.

Usuah a former workshop foreman with Julius Berger Plc had earlier been acknowledged and commended by four different groups in the country.

Earlier, Ms Arunma Oteh, the Director- General of SEC said that the award was the commission’s contributions toward the promotion, recognition and reward for integrity.

“Usuah's exemplary act of honesty and integrity had sprinkled a burst of refreshing dew upon the national consciousness,” Oteh said.

She said that “the integrity award is a careful response to a critical need of the Nigerian society, as it is through it that trust is built and sustained.”

In his response, Usuah, a native of Ubokudom in Akwa Ibom, commended the commission for the gesture and devoted the award to the ``unsung honest and committed Nigerians across the country.'' (NAN)

JNC/POE/MZA
http://www.nannewsngr.com/section/economy/abuja-taxi-driver-wins-sec%E2%80%99s-n25-m-integrity-award
Finally•
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 28, 2012
I am pretty sure He would not have returned the money if He first consulted His pastor to seek advice! But seriously, If I was in His shoes, I would do the same as He did.
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by Olaolufred(m): 3:45pm On Sep 28, 2012
julimax: That's good to hear, good Nigerian and now he can enjoy is money without fear. But I just want to know; how can 18 million be forgotten like that? I'm talking of like four Ghana must go bags

1 million = 10 bundle of N1,000 Notes.
18 million = 180 bundles
How come will it require 3 Ghana-must-go?
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by bilms(m): 9:07pm On Oct 02, 2012

(1) (2) (Reply)

ISIS Beheads Elderly Man Accused Of Witchcraft (gore Image Inside) / FG Earmarks $1.2b For Kano-kaduna Rail Line ----amaechi / Ijelespeaks Exposes Apostle Suleman Naked Video Call - PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.