Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

USPS To NIPOST: What's Your Experience? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / USPS To NIPOST: What's Your Experience? (2637 Views)

NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu / Have U Used USPS Or EMS Lately? Share Your Experience / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

USPS To NIPOST: What's Your Experience? by jazz04(m): 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2012
does anyone have recent experience with USPS shipping from America to Nigeria?? I want to know how reliable the services of nipost is at the moment..
Re: USPS To NIPOST: What's Your Experience? by juliebest(f): 3:51pm On Sep 26, 2012
Nipost is trying. I received a package through them, but it didn't come from USA, sorry. It came from HongKong, they brought a mail to my house that I should come to my post office to collect my package. So they are trying.
Re: USPS To NIPOST: What's Your Experience? by jazz04(m): 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
juliebest: Nipost is trying. I received a package through them, but it didn't come from USA, sorry. It came from HongKong, they brought a mail to my house that I should come to my post office to collect my package. So they are trying.
What was the size of the package? And how much was is declared as worth?
Re: USPS To NIPOST: What's Your Experience? by 9jabizinfo: 6:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
Hello,

Sent jewelry worth about $250 on Friday. My Nigerian contact got a message/call to come pick-up today. She will have to pay N1,500 to get the goods out which I considered reasonable. Pick up will be at their shomolu office. When she picks up I will let you know how that went. Mind you I used express mail (the 3 - 5 business days service with insurance (comes with default insurance but I had to pay like $2 to insure it to the $250 level) and NOT the priority mail which is 6 - 10 business days - was informed at the office that express mail or registered mail with insurance is probably the way to go for Nigeria). For an idea on size, I used the flat rate medium box but the weight was no more than 5 pounds from what is written on the receipt they gave me.
Re: USPS To NIPOST: What's Your Experience? by juliebest(f): 8:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
What was the size of the package? And how much was is declared as worth?

Just a small package, declared $8, gift.
Re: USPS To NIPOST: What's Your Experience? by 9jabizinfo: 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2012
9jabizinfo: Hello,

Sent jewelry worth about $250 on Friday. My Nigerian contact got a message/call to come pick-up today. She will have to pay N1,500 to get the goods out which I considered reasonable. Pick up will be at their shomolu office. When she picks up I will let you know how that went. Mind you I used express mail (the 3 - 5 business days service with insurance (comes with default insurance but I had to pay like $2 to insure it to the $250 level) and NOT the priority mail which is 6 - 10 business days - was informed at the office that express mail or registered mail with insurance is probably the way to go for Nigeria). For an idea on size, I used the flat rate medium box but the weight was no more than 5 pounds from what is written on the receipt they gave me.

She picked it up today after paying the N1,500 with no hassles.
Re: USPS To NIPOST: What's Your Experience? by ramalot(m): 9:16am On Sep 28, 2012
you shouldnt have a problem. i send valuable items through this channel on a regular basis, and there has never been an issue. except they charge ridiculous amounts for the receiver to pick it up regardless of what u declare as its value. they have their own value estimation system.
Re: USPS To NIPOST: What's Your Experience? by jazz04(m): 9:27am On Sep 28, 2012
But why EMS instead of NIPOST?
Re: USPS To NIPOST: What's Your Experience? by dammyroja006: 3:46pm On Dec 11, 2012
Hello please i am expecting a package through First class mail international from the US through USPS and i have been tracking it and this was the last update i got below

Processed Through Sort Facility
Your item was processed through our ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) facility on December 09, 2012 at 7:26 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

please what do i need to do and will i get further tracking updates on it when it arrives in Nigeria i am so so scared please i need a little advise
Re: USPS To NIPOST: What's Your Experience? by 9jabizinfo: 3:25am On Dec 15, 2012
@dammy

you will get a text when it arrives in Nigeria and you will have to pay some fee to pick up. The fee is from N1000 and above, depending on what you bring in.
Re: USPS To NIPOST: What's Your Experience? by dammyroja006: 1:44pm On Dec 15, 2012
@9jabizinfo > thanks so much the package arrived yesterday and i didn't pay a dime,it was i phones that were inside the sender wrapped them up with magazines,had to tip the men at the post office though because they called me when it arrived because i had tipped them earlier days before the package arrived,to be on the safer side
Re: USPS To NIPOST: What's Your Experience? by jazz04(m): 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2012
dammyroja006: @9jabizinfo > thanks so much the package arrived yesterday and i didn't pay a dime,it was i phones that were inside the sender wrapped them up with magazines,had to tip the men at the post office though because they called me when it arrived because i had tipped them earlier days before the package arrived,to be on the safer side
for info sake, did u buy the iphones 4rm an online store?
Re: USPS To NIPOST: What's Your Experience? by dammyroja006: 6:34pm On Dec 16, 2012
Its wasnt from an online store but all the same i had to be on the safer side.
Re: USPS To NIPOST: What's Your Experience? by jones9ice: 9:58am On Jul 03, 2014
dammyroja006: @9jabizinfo > thanks so much the package arrived yesterday and i didn't pay a dime,it was i phones that were inside the sender wrapped them up with magazines,had to tip the men at the post office though because they called me when it arrived because i had tipped them earlier days before the package arrived,to be on the safer side

how many day does it take to arrive in nigeria ?
Re: USPS To NIPOST: What's Your Experience? by vjbanti: 8:28am On Nov 13, 2015
/color].it was sent 12/11/2015..hello my people,i was sent a package from usa to nigeria true postoffice (usps)..the tracking number start with.. LC ,....the package was to deliever at postoffice in akure,ondo state...did i need custom clerance for the package and what did i need to claim my PACKAGE...'cos it the first of recieving good from u.s.a....WHAT CAN I DOOOOOOO..PLEASeHELP
Re: USPS To NIPOST: What's Your Experience? by jazz04(m): 5:22pm On Nov 13, 2015
vjbanti:
/color].it was sent 12/11/2015..hello my people,i was sent a package from usa to nigeria true postoffice (usps)..the tracking number start with.. LC ,....the package was to deliever at postoffice in akure,ondo state...did i need custom clerance for the package and what did i need to claim my PACKAGE...'cos it the first of recieving good from u.s.a....WHAT CAN I DOOOOOOO..PLEASeHELP

It depends on what the item is declared to be. There's a certain limit of worth in dollars that you will need to pay. I'm not sure of that amount. I have shipped upto $10 before. And didn't get to pay extra. Someone I know shipped in a laptop and he paid close to 10k at customs.
Re: USPS To NIPOST: What's Your Experience? by snowchiff: 8:42am On Nov 07, 2019
My package entered lagos since 30th, till today they don't want to deliver my package��

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows About Epay Please? Have I Been Duped? / 20 Beautiful Pictures Of Lagos You Would Mistake For London Or New York.! / There Are 14 Million Cars On Nigerian Roads - REPORT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.