Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,075 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary (4051 Views)

Muslim Woman In Kaduna Donates Bible To Pastor, Members / Lagos Pastor, Okafor Donates N500,000 To A Boy With Lump In The Head / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by MacDaddy01: 7:36am On Sep 27, 2012
Jose Mujica is the president of Uruguay. He lives a humble lifestyle.

-He gives about 90% of his salary to charity keeping only £1,250 out of $12,500

-He drives a volkswagen beetle

-Under Mujica’s stewardship, Uruguay has become known for low levels of corruption. The South American country ranks as the second least corrupt country in Latin America in Transparency International’s global corruption index.

-The president said that the only big item he owns is his VW car, valued at $1,945 dollars. The farmhouse in which he lives in Montevideo is under his wife’s name, Lucía Topolansky, a Senator, who also donates part of her salary

www.nairaland.com/attachments/833669_548451_3750686159197_1787401980_n_jpg9dcba261f6cfb166123b7986d4c75594

[size=18pt]He is an atheist! (doesnt believe in god)[/size]

What have our christian and muslim leaders done?
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by ijawkid(m): 9:01am On Sep 27, 2012
Altruism @ work....

In all he did good....

Its and example for the mumu leaders in nigeria to emulate.........
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by MacDaddy01: 9:03am On Sep 27, 2012
ijawkid: Altruism @ work....

In all he did good....

True.

However, what does that say about religion? Yaweh, Allah and christ are not necessary to be a good person.
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by Areaboy2(m): 10:40am On Sep 27, 2012
And yet they will all claim that morality can only come from god!

right undecided

1 Like

Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 27, 2012
THIS ARGUMENT ANGLE IS JUVENILE. THE MAN MAY NOT LIKE MONEY BUT I AM SURE HE HAS SOME SERIOUS SKELETONS IN HIS CLOSET. HE MAY BE A R-APIST, A CHILD MOLESTER, A H-OMOSEXUAL, ETC ETC. YOU KNOW EMBEZZLING MONEY OR THE LOVE FOR MONEY IS JUST ONE OF MANY SINS. EVERY MAN NOT FULLY EMBEDDED IN THE LORD HAS HIS OR HER OWN VICES THAT KEEP THEM AWAY FROM GOD

1 Like

Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by MacDaddy01: 10:54am On Sep 27, 2012
obadiah777: THIS ARGUMENT ANGLE IS JUVENILE. THE MAN MAY NOT LIKE MONEY BUT I AM SURE HE HAS SOME SERIOUS SKELETONS IN HIS CLOSET. HE MAY BE A R-APIST, A CHILD MOLESTER, A H-OMOSEXUAL, ETC ETC. YOU KNOW EMBEZZLING MONEY OR THE LOVE FOR MONEY IS JUST ONE OF MANY SINS. EVERY MAN NOT FULLY EMBEDDED IN THE LORD HAS HIS OR HER OWN VICES THAT KEEP THEM AWAY FROM GOD

Wow, so your logic is that he must be evil because he doesnt believe in God?

The logic here is simple. You dont need God to be good!

Also, show me one religious leader that is better than or similar to this man
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by MacDaddy01: 10:54am On Sep 27, 2012
Area_boy: And yet they will all claim that morality can only come from god!

right undecided

Unortuantely for them, morality comes from humans
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Wow, so your logic is that he must be evil because he doesnt believe in God?

The logic here is simple. You dont need God to be good!

Also, show me one religious leader that is better than or similar to this man
YES IF YOU DONT BELIEVE IN GOD YOU ARE EVIL. ITS JUST WHAT IT IS. YOU MAY PPRETEND NOT TO BE BUT DEEP DOWN IN YOUR LIL MIND YOU KNOW YOUR VICE AND THEY MAY BE HIDDEN FROM THE WORLD.

AND PLEASE ENOUGH WITH THE 'RELIGIOUS LEADER' ARGUMENT. ANY RELIGIOUS LEADER IS BOUND TO BE CORRUPT. ATHEISTS AND RELIGIOUS LEADERS BELONG IN THE SAME SATANIC CATEGORY. GOD DID NOT GIVE US RELIGION, HE GAVE US LAWS STATUTES AND COMMANDMENTS.
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by MacDaddy01: 11:06am On Sep 27, 2012
obadiah777: YES IF YOU DONT BELIEVE IN GOD YOU ARE EVIL. ITS JUST WHAT IT IS. YOU MAY PPRETEND NOT TO BE BUT DEEP DOWN IN YOUR LIL MIND YOU KNOW YOUR VICE AND THEY MAY BE HIDDEN FROM THE WORLD.

AND PLEASE ENOUGH WITH THE 'RELIGIOUS LEADER' ARGUMENT. ANY RELIGIOUS LEADER IS BOUND TO BE CORRUPT. ATHEISTS AND RELIGIOUS LEADERS BELONG IN THE SAME SATANIC CATEGORY. GOD DID NOT GIVE US RELIGION, HE GAVE US LAWS STATUTES AND COMMANDMENTS.

Commandments to stone people who dont go to church (Exodus 31:12-15) ? Commandments to kill unbelievers (Deuteronomy 17:12)? Commandments to kill gays(Leviticus 20:13)?
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Commandments to stone people who dont go to church (Exodus 31:12-15) ? Commandments to kill unbelievers (Deuteronomy 17:12)? Commandments to kill gays(Leviticus 20:13)?
STOP TWISTING THE BIBLE. THEIR IS NO COMMANDMENT AGAINST NOT GOING TO CHURCH OR KILLING UNBELIEVERS. I THINK YOU ARE MISTAKING THIS SECTION FOR THE ISLAMIC SECTION AND YOU ARE MISTAKING ME FOR LAGOSSHIA
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by ijawkid(m): 11:10am On Sep 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:

True.

However, what does that say about religion? Yaweh, Allah and christ are not necessary to be a good person.

The truth is the rulers in 9ja aren't Christians...

U doubt??
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by MyJoe: 11:11am On Sep 27, 2012
ijawkid: Altruism @ work....

In all he did good....

Mumu. That's a good word to describe Nigerian leaders in particular and black African leaders in general.
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 27, 2012
ijawkid:

U doubt??
YEAH THEY ARE DEMONS IS WHAT THEY ARE LOL
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by MacDaddy01: 11:13am On Sep 27, 2012
ijawkid:

U doubt??

They are christians. Hypocrites like you who claim to have the utmost morality in their religion but christianity is home to many atrocities like slavery and mass deception.

Point; you dont need god to be good. There are good christians, good bhuddists and good atheists.

Yaweh is not necessary
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by MacDaddy01: 11:15am On Sep 27, 2012
obadiah777: YEAH THEY ARE DEMONS IS WHAT THEY ARE LOL

What do you call Yaweh and yourself?

Yaweh according to buzzugee/obadiah= A spiritual warmonger = violent demon in control of heaven

You = demon worshipper waiting for war.
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by MyJoe: 11:19am On Sep 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:

True.

Belief in God, that is conscious belief, yes. That is not necessary to be a good person. God is.
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by MacDaddy01: 11:20am On Sep 27, 2012
MyJoe:
Belief in God, that is conscious belief, yes. That is not necessary to be a good person. God is.

Nonsense. The president is godless.

God doesnt even exist.
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:

What do you call Yaweh and yourself?

Yaweh according to buzzugee/obadiah= A spiritual warmonger = violent demon in control of heaven

You = demon worshipper waiting for war.

ITS GOING TO TAKE NOTHING SHORT OF A WAR TO ELIMINATE ALL YOU DEMONIC AND ATHEIST CONTROLLERS OF THE WORLD. THE BATTLE OF ARMAGGEDON. IT IS A NECESSARY EVIL. WITHOUT WAR THERE CANT BE ULTIMATE PEACE. YOU DEMONS HAVE YOUR CLAWS SO DEEP IN THIS WORLD THAT IT WILL ONLY TAKE A WAR TO UNCLASP YOUR FINGERS FROM ITS DEADLY GRIP ON THE WORLD. THE REAL CONTROLLERS OF THIS WORLD SYSTEM ? THE ROCKEFELLERS, OPENHEIMERS, DUPONTS, GETTY, ETC ETC ? ? ? ALL ATHEISTS
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by MacDaddy01: 11:27am On Sep 27, 2012
obadiah777: ITS GOING TO TAKE NOTHING SHORT OF A WAR TO ELIMINATE ALL YOU DEMONIC AND ATHEIST CONTROLLERS OF THE WORLD. THE BATTLE OF ARMAGGEDON. IT IS A NECESSARY EVIL. WITHOUT WAR THERE CANT BE ULTIMATE PEACE. YOU DEMONS HAVE YOUR CLAWS SO DEEP IN THIS WORLD THAT IT WILL ONLY TAKE A WAR TO UNCLASP YOUR FINGERS FROM ITS DEADLY GRIP ON THE WORLD. THE REAL CONTROLLERS OF THIS WORLD SYSTEM ? THE ROCKEFELLERS, OPENHEIMERS, DUPONTS, GETTY, ETC ETC ? ? ? ALL ATHEISTS

You are retarded. You were born a christian werent you?
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:

You are retarded. You were born a christian werent you?
THATS RICH COMING FROM SOMEONE WHOSE IQ IS AKIN TO HIS AGE NUMBER. YOUR ARGUMENT PREMISE ON THIS FORUM PRECIPITATES THE AURA OF SOMEONE WHO IS NOT WORKING WITH A FULL DECK OF CARDS. AND I AM SURE I AM NOT ALONE IN THIS OBSERVATION grin
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by MacDaddy01: 11:45am On Sep 27, 2012
obadiah777: THATS RICH COMING FROM SOMEONE WHOSE IQ IS AKIN TO HIS AGE NUMBER. YOUR ARGUMENT PREMISE ON THIS FORUM PRECIPITATES THE AURA OF SOMEONE WHO IS NOT WORKING WITH A FULL DECK OF CARDS. AND I AM SURE I AM NOT ALONE IN THIS OBSERVATION grin

You are not alone in such a dubious observation. In fact your main man, Anony, said that I am very illogical and mature. Unfortunately for him, he had to change his mind when he met me. He agreed that I'm very intelligent after meeting me in person.

Call me the atheist boss cool
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:

You are not alone in such a dubious observation. In fact your main man, Anony, said that I am very illogical and mature. Unfortunately for him, he had to change his mind when he met me. He agreed that I'm very intelligent after meeting me in person.

Call me the atheist boss cool
ANY KNOWLEDGE THAT IS OUTSIDE THE BIBLE IS MANS KNOWLEDGE. SCRIPTURE SAYS 'THE KNOWLEDGE OF MAN IS FOOLISHNESS TO THE LORD'. AS SUCH I AM SURPRISED THAT A SUPPOSED YAHAWAH BELIEVER LIKE MR ANONY CALLED YOU INTELLIGENT BASED ON YOUR MAN MADE KNOWLEDGE. HE NEEDS TO BE LASHED THOROUGHLY WITH LANYARD FOR BEING IN CONTRAVENTION OF THIS HERE LAW - ISAIAH 5 VS 20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by MacDaddy01: 12:07pm On Sep 27, 2012
obadiah777: ANY KNOWLEDGE THAT IS OUTSIDE THE BIBLE IS MANS KNOWLEDGE. SCRIPTURE SAYS 'THE KNOWLEDGE OF MAN IS FOOLISHNESS TO THE LORD'. AS SUCH I AM SURPRISED THAT A SUPPOSED YAHAWAH BELIEVER LIKE MR ANONY CALLED YOU INTELLIGENT BASED ON YOUR MAN MADE KNOWLEDGE. HE NEEDS TO BE LASHED THOROUGHLY WITH LANYARD FOR BEING IN CONTRAVENTION OF THIS HERE LAW - ISAIAH 5 VS 20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Doesnt your God sound like a sick and perverse being? Turning logic upside-down to confuse smart people? Darkness for light and bitter for sweet?

Yaweh got problems.
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Doesnt your God sound like a sick and perverse being? Turning logic upside-down to confuse smart people? Darkness for light and bitter for sweet?

Yaweh got problems.
SCRIPTURE DO SAY HE SPEAKS IN PARABLES AND USING HIDDEN WORDS grin grin

PSALMS 78 VS 2 I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter hidden things
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by MacDaddy01: 12:16pm On Sep 27, 2012
obadiah777: SCRIPTURE DO SAY HE SPEAKS IN PARABLES AND USING HIDDEN WORDS grin grin

PSALMS 78 VS 2 I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter hidden things

Isnt God meant for everyone? Why is he confusing people with parables and leaving hidden codes only messengers like Buzugee can decode? angry angry angry
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by ijawkid(m): 12:19pm On Sep 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:

They are christians. Hypocrites like you who claim to have the utmost morality in their religion but christianity is home to many atrocities like slavery and mass deception.

Point; you dont need god to be good. There are good christians, good bhuddists and good atheists.

Yaweh is not necessary

Jesus Christ was a perfect good man....

He didn't steal nobody's money or tricked people....he didn't oppress the poor nor engage in vile acts...

So any 1 who professes to be a christians but acts contrary to Jesus's words and actions isn't a christian...

Thank u!!!
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by MacDaddy01: 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2012
ijawkid:

Jesus Christ was a perfect good man....

He didn't steal nobody's money or tricked people....he didn't oppress the poor nor engage in vile acts...

So any 1 who professes to be a christians but acts contrary to Jesus's words and actions isn't a christian...

Thank u!!!

lol but Jesus was a racist and a liar!

He was racist to the Canaanite woman

He also lied about his Resurrection and being the son of God
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Isnt God meant for everyone? Why is he confusing people with parables and leaving hidden codes only messengers like Buzugee can decode? angry angry angry
NO HE IS NOT. HE IS ONLY FOR THE HUMBLE AND DOWNTRODDEN. IF HE SEES A HUMBLE SPIRIT IN YOU THEN HE WILL DIRECT YOU TO WHO WILL OPEN UP THE PARABLES TO YOU OR HE MAY EVEN OPEN UP YOUR EYES SO YOU CAN DECODE THE PARABLES YOURSELF. THE LORD CHOOSES YOU, YOU DONT CHOOSE THE LORD.
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by MacDaddy01: 12:23pm On Sep 27, 2012
obadiah777: NO HE IS NOT. HE IS ONLY FOR THE HUMBLE AND DOWNTRODDEN. IF HE SEES A HUMBLE SPIRIT IN YOU THEN HE WILL DIRECT YOU TO WHO WILL OPEN UP THE PARABLES TO YOU OR HE MAY EVEN OPEN UP YOUR EYES SO YOU CAN DECODE THE PARABLES YOURSELF. THE LORD CHOOSES YOU, YOU DONT CHOOSE THE LORD.

For only the humble you say?

Why did he choose Saul? Why? Why?

Saul was a christian killer
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:

For only the humble you say?

Why did he choose Saul? Why? Why?

Saul was a christian killer
THE BEGINNING OF THE 'CHURCH' IS WHEN WORKERS WERE NEEDED. IF YOU ARE A VERY ENERGETIC AND PASSIONATE PERSON, ALBEIT USING THESE PASSIONS FOR EVIL THINGS, PEOPLE LIKE THIS MAKE THE MOST DEVOUT AND PASSIONATE WORKERS OF GOD. SHOW ME A PASSIONATE PERSON AND I WILL SHOW YOU A POTENTIAL WARRIOR OF THE LORD. THE LORD NEEDED WARRIORS WHEN THE FOUNDATION WAS BEEN LAID. PASSIONATE WARRIORS. THATS WHY HE CHOSE SAUL AND MOSES AND KING DAVID AND KING SOLOMON ETC WHEN HE NEEDED HIS SPIRIT TO BE PUT IN WORDS. WHAT DO THESE MEN HAVE IN COMMON ? PASSION. ONE OF THEM WAS A MURDERER, THE OTHER A RABID HATER OF THE WORD OF GOD AND THE OTHER A PASSIONATE WOMANIZER WHO MARRIED 1000 WIVES. THE POINT HERE IS , THERE IS A TIME FOR EVERYTHING, A TIME TO LAUGH, A TIME TO CRY, A TIME TO PLAY AND A TIME TO DIE. THE LORD NEEDED PASSIONATE PEOPLE, HE GOT PASSIONATE PEOPLE AND FLIPPED THEIR BAD HABITS INTO SOMETHING GOOD SO THEY CAN APPLY THEIR PASSION INTO IT.

HOWEVER THE SPIRIT IS IN PRINT, HE DOES NOT NEED PASSIONATE PEOPLE NOW. HE NEEDS HUMBLE PEOPLE. ITS A TIME FOR HUMILITY NOW.
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by MacDaddy01: 12:45pm On Sep 27, 2012
obadiah777: THE BEGINNING OF THE 'CHURCH' IS WHEN WORKERS WERE NEEDED. IF YOU ARE A VERY ENERGETIC AND PASSIONATE PERSON, ALBEIT USING THESE PASSIONS FOR EVIL THINGS, PEOPLE LIKE THIS MAKE THE MOST DEVOUT AND PASSIONATE WORKERS OF GOD. SHOW ME A PASSIONATE PERSON AND I WILL SHOW YOU A POTENTIAL WARRIOR OF THE LORD. THE LORD NEEDED WARRIORS WHEN THE FOUNDATION WAS BEEN LAID. PASSIONATE WARRIORS. THATS WHY HE CHOSE SAUL AND MOSES AND KING DAVID AND KING SOLOMON ETC WHEN HE NEEDED HIS SPIRIT TO BE PUT IN WORDS. WHAT DO THESE MEN HAVE IN COMMON ? PASSION. ONE OF THEM WAS A MURDERER, THE OTHER A RABID HATER OF THE WORD OF GOD AND THE OTHER A PASSIONATE WOMANIZER WHO MARRIED 1000 WIVES. THE POINT HERE IS , THERE IS A TIME FOR EVERYTHING, A TIME TO LAUGH, A TIME TO CRY, A TIME TO PLAY AND A TIME TO DIE. THE LORD NEEDED PASSIONATE PEOPLE, HE GOT PASSIONATE PEOPLE AND FLIPPED THEIR BAD HABITS INTO SOMETHING GOOD SO THEY CAN APPLY THEIR PASSION INTO IT.

HOWEVER THE SPIRIT IS IN PRINT, HE DOES NOT NEED PASSIONATE PEOPLE NOW. HE NEEDS HUMBLE PEOPLE. ITS A TIME FOR HUMILITY NOW.

But what is humility? A pastor telling his flock that he is the true messenger of god and they should tithe to him?

Gandhi was a humble guy but not christian

This Uruguayan president is a humble guy but not christian
Re: The Best President Ever Is An Atheist- Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of Salary by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:

But what is humility? A pastor telling his flock that he is the true messenger of god and they should tithe to him?

Gandhi was a humble guy but not christian

This Uruguayan president is a humble guy but not christian
A HUMBLE SPIRIT. WHO TOLD YOU GANDHI WAS A HUMBLE GUY ? THE GUY WAS A SELF SERVING MAN WHO STARTED HIS CRUSADE BECAUSE HE GOT KICKED OFF A TRAIN BY WHITE PEOPLE IN SOUTH AFRICA. HE FELT THAT BLACKS ARE THE ONES WHO DESERVED SUCH TREATMENT NOT INDIANS. DOES THAT SOUND LIKE A HUMBLE GUY TO YOU ?

HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS URUGUAYAN IS A HUMBLE GUY ? HUMILITY IS NOT IN LACK OF MATERIAL POSSESSIONS. HUMILITY IS IN YOUR SPIRIT.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Book Of Life, And How Do We Get In It? / Rare Pictures Of Mary Slessor And Children In Calabar / Probablistic Possibility Within The Subsets Of The Entropy for Peace of Mind.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.