Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Rare Pictures Of Mary Slessor And Children In Calabar - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rare Pictures Of Mary Slessor And Children In Calabar (4052 Views)

Woman Abandoned by Her Children In Delta As Pastor Tells Them She's A Witch / 'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) / Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rare Pictures Of Mary Slessor And Children In Calabar by Kennedyiheme: 6:52pm On Dec 21, 2015
I don't know but I just love this woman. When she was in nigeria she heard a news that her mother and sister had passed away. In her words. "There's no where else to go, my home is here".

She was also one of the co founders of the hope wadell training institute in calabar, founded in 1895.

Mary mitchell slessor died in 1915. She battled malaria for years. Due to the enviroment she was in okoyong calabar. She was layed to rest in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Rare Pictures Of Mary Slessor And Children In Calabar by boman2014: 6:56pm On Dec 21, 2015
♥ this!!!
Re: Rare Pictures Of Mary Slessor And Children In Calabar by whirlwind7(m): 6:58pm On Dec 21, 2015
Thanks to her, I probably might not be here today.

We got a long chain of twins in our lineage.

1 Like

Re: Rare Pictures Of Mary Slessor And Children In Calabar by tpiar: 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
i wonder what happened to triplets in those days.

for quadruplets, just forget it. Your entire lineage and clan might be banished or shipped overseas i'm guessing.
Re: Rare Pictures Of Mary Slessor And Children In Calabar by Kennedyiheme: 8:00pm On Dec 21, 2015
whirlwind7:
Thanks to her, I probably might not be here today.

We got a long chain of twins in our lineage.
this are the kinda heroes we are meant to always celeberate. She was loved by the locals.
Re: Rare Pictures Of Mary Slessor And Children In Calabar by Kennedyiheme: 7:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
mods front page na
Re: Rare Pictures Of Mary Slessor And Children In Calabar by STAMPandSEAL: 10:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
wow...she's a God sent to delivered the twins from the hand of the murderers! She would never be forgotten.

(1) (Reply)

Why Did Jesus Call His Disciples Little Children? / Waiting Till Marriage / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Begins Multi-billion Naira Church Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.