Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,176 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Is There Any Need To Convince Each Other? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Need To Convince Each Other? (737 Views)

The Reason Why Atheists Dont/cant Convince Staunch Christians. / Prayer Hub (request For Prayers For Any Need) / Is There Any Need For Christians And Muslims To Be Killing One Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Need To Convince Each Other? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2012
are just talking what we know and what we individually believe in? does that make it the absolute and universal truth?
you hae reasons to let me know there is God and i also have counter reasons there isnt. so its just like a merrygo round, a world that never ends, so why are we trying to convince each other when there is no absolute truth, no concensus? why must i think like you? why dont it just be, do your own why i do mine?

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Need To Convince Each Other? by OmoAlata(f): 1:23pm On Sep 27, 2012
diluminati: when there is no absolute truth

There is an absolute truth that God exists grin
Re: Is There Any Need To Convince Each Other? by MacDaddy01: 1:24pm On Sep 27, 2012
Omo Alata:

There is an absolute truth that God exists grin

There is an absolute truth that you were brainwashed to accept that false statement! wink
Re: Is There Any Need To Convince Each Other? by MacDaddy01: 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2012
diluminati: are just talking what we know and what we individually believe in? does that make it the absolute and universal truth?
you hae reasons to let me know there is God and i also have counter reasons there isnt. so its just like a merrygo round, a world that never ends, so why are we trying to convince each other when there is no absolute truth, no concensus? why must i think like you? why dont it just be, do your own why i do mine?

Why shouldnt I convince a religionist that believes that should die because of my disbelief?

Or a religionist that think there should be blasphmey laws?

Or a religiionist that thinks that laws should not be secular but based on his dogmatic religion?

Sorry butyour attempts at being neutral fails
Re: Is There Any Need To Convince Each Other? by PastorAIO: 1:56pm On Sep 27, 2012
Absolute Truth cannot be argued.

Those that present arguments for the truth are actually only presenting arguments for what they think of the Truth.

(1) (Reply)

Saw Myself Been Condenmed / Why Atheism Is Self-defeating. / Was Atheism In Part Responsible For The Crimes Of Communism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.