Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,061 members, 7,953,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:21 PM

What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? (2872 Views)

What If The Bible Is A Lie? / When "I Don't Know" Is The Best Possible Answer / Who Do You Know Is God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by ghazzal: 9:57pm On Sep 29, 2012
Jenwitemi: How to resolve the puzzle? Who says i care about resolving that puzzle? There are much more important puzzles to resolve in this every day life than that.
every puzzle meant to be resolved is timed. i hope you dont get trapped in this 4 time is goin.
@image123, the basis of anything should be logic. applying reasoning will help separate truth from falsehood then faith will make sense. remember that what makes a fool is faith without reasoning.
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by Image123(m): 10:58pm On Sep 29, 2012
ghazzal:
every puzzle meant to be resolved is timed. i hope you dont get trapped in this 4 time is goin.
@image123, the basis of anything should be logic. applying reasoning will help separate truth from falsehood then faith will make sense. remember that what makes a fool is faith without reasoning.
reason is varied, what might appear reasonable to me might be unreasonable to you, and vice versa. so you're not saying anything.
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:50am On Sep 30, 2012
Trapped just like you already are? No, i don't think i will be.
ghazzal:
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by styca(m): 9:37am On Oct 02, 2012
Image123: what if everything i know is true? how about that possibility?

Great!!!!! I wish I could come to the point where i will say with confident that everything I know is true.but right now it is not cry cry cry
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by Image123(m): 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2012
styca:

Great!!!!! I wish I could come to the point where i will say with confident that everything I know is true.but right now it is not cry cry cry
It may yet be possible you know? Faith is what drives science, the belief that things can be better, and have a reason.
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by MacDaddy01: 6:15pm On Oct 02, 2012
Image123:
It may yet be possible you know? Faith is what drives science, the belief that things can be better, and have a reason.

When asked if faith drove scientists to make nuclear bomb, Image123 said "HELL NO"

The irony is quite amazing smiley
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by Image123(m): 11:17pm On Oct 02, 2012
MacDaddy01:

When asked if faith drove scientists to make nuclear bomb, Image123 said "HELL NO"

The irony is quite amazing smiley
you never asked, sleeping beauty.
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by styca(m): 3:57pm On Oct 03, 2012
Image123:

you think so
isn't that supposed to be hope.just asking though
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by Image123(m): 7:07pm On Oct 03, 2012
styca:
[/b]
you think so
isn't that supposed to be hope.just asking though
note the word 'BELIEF'.
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by styca(m): 10:13am On Oct 04, 2012
Image123:

hmmm Image123, I beg to disagree here. am tempted to ask you if you are a scientist or a science student?
do you know how and what drives the scientists?
do you know how their minds work?
it has never been a belief in anything rather the enthusiasm to know, to understand and to give interpretations to the observable world.
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by styca(m): 10:19am On Oct 04, 2012
the aim of this thread is to get you thinking and using your mind and reasoning abilities to question "things"; like popularly held beliefs, to ascertain for yourself what is "true", rather than swallowing "Everything" told you hook line and sinker.
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by Image123(m): 11:30am On Oct 04, 2012
styca:

hmmm Image123, I beg to disagree here. am tempted to ask you if you are a scientist or a science student?
do you know how and what drives the scientists?
do you know how their minds work?
it has never been a belief in anything rather the enthusiasm to know, to understand and to give interpretations to the observable world.
science BELIEVES that there is an underlying reason, that belief gives them the enthusiasm ..
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by styca(m): 11:44am On Oct 04, 2012
Image123:
science BELIEVES that there is an underlying reason, that belief gives them the enthusiasm ..

I can perceive where you are coming from. there might be underlying reasons for "things" but it is not in the scope of science to figure out the "why" but "how".
so it doesn't necessarily have to be the"believe" that drives them,which put in another way "faith" that gives them the impetus to search.
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by Image123(m): 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2012
styca:

I can perceive where you are coming from. there might be underlying reasons for "things" but it is not in the scope of science to figure out the "why" but "how".
so it doesn't necessarily have to be the"believe" that drives them,which put in another way "faith" that gives them the impetus to search.
like why do we have malaria? and how do we cure malaria? which of the questions is not in the scope of science? is there not a BELIEF that there is a cure for an incurable like HIV which hasn't yet been discovered?
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by styca(m): 3:31pm On Oct 05, 2012
Image123:
like why do we have malaria? and how do we cure malaria? which of the questions is not in the scope of science? is there not a BELIEF that there is a cure for an incurable like HIV which hasn't yet been discovered?

mmh image123, this is trying to derail the thread...
Imagine you wake up and it DAWNED on you that you've been deceived, lied to. What will you do?
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by Image123(m): 4:18pm On Oct 05, 2012
styca:

mmh image123, this is trying to derail the thread...
Imagine you wake up and it DAWNED on you that you've been deceived, lied to. What will you do?
you're funny. i got you equals trying to derail the thread. lemme reanswer you. if I imaginarily woke up and I'd discovered that I've been lied to(i imagine you're referring to Christianity in this case), it will be that I've lost nothing and that would be some pleasant deception. Because then, life would have no meaning. there'd be no regrets as Christianity taught me all that i know in discipline, confidence, integrity, healthy living and responsibility. death would be the common end with no reward or regret. But imagine if one the other hand, that by some slim chance, I've not been lied to or deceived, I'll still be safe, many of ya wouldn't be. Be wise.
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by styca(m): 10:06am On Oct 08, 2012
what made you think I was referring to Christianity?.. I didn't have any particular belief whether it is religious or not in mind but I said earlier the aim of this thread is to get you thinking for yourself...whatever it is you choose to believe in..let your belief be WHAT YOU HAVE FOUND TO BE TRUE.
You choosed to believe in the Truth as found in the bible not because that's your parents religion or because you live in an area where the majority are Christians but because You have discovered FOR YOURSELF that, that is True.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joel Osteen: God ‘absolutely’ Accepts homosexuals / Are We To Ask For The Holy Spirit? / Revelation About The Birth Of O. O. Obu By Prophet Enun Nkpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.