Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,518 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

“I Was Obeying The Voice In My Head” – Father Who Killed 41-day-old Son - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / “I Was Obeying The Voice In My Head” – Father Who Killed 41-day-old Son (1997 Views)

Man Who Killed Policemen Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Bayelsa (photo) / The Woman Who Killed & Dumped Her 4-Year-Old Daughter Inside Well In Benue / Cop Who Killed Twins And Their Friend, Abandoned In The Mortuary [graphic Image] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Was Obeying The Voice In My Head” – Father Who Killed 41-day-old Son by esegineble: 7:04pm On Sep 27, 2012
An Ebute Meta Magistrate’s Court, Lagos, on Thursday remanded in Ikoyi Prison a 34-year-old bricklayer, Abiodun Otaoroju, for allegedly killing his 41-day-old son. The defendant is facing a two-count of murder and administering obnoxious substance. His plea was not taken as the court has no jurisdiction to try such case.
“I hereby remand the defendant at the Ikoyi Prison, pending the outcome of the legal advice from the Director of Public Prosecutions”, Magistrate Helen Omisore said. The prosecutor, Sgt. Idowu Onime, had told the court that the defendant, on August 30, unlawfully killed his son, Kazeem.
He said, “The defendant used an obnoxious substance known as ‘Bint El Sudan Perfume’ to kill the deceased”.
“The defendant, who lives at 16, Aiyegbami Street, Ibeju Lekki in Lagos, was arrested by the police after the mother of the baby cried out to the neighbourhood for help”. The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the alleged incident, which took place in Epe, in Lagos State, contravened sections 221 and 241 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Lagos State, 2011.
Omisore adjourned the case to October 31, for the DPP’s advice. Earlier, the accused had told reporters that, “I met Ronke in 2011. She’s a fashion designer.
We later fell in love and early this year, she got pregnant. I went to meet her father and told him I wanted to marry her and he accepted”.
I have another wife and have three children. But I didn’t marry Ronke but I provided for her and made sure she was alright.
In June, she gave birth to Kazeem and we had christening.
“I don’t live with them but I usually spend the weekend with them. On August 30, during one of my visits, I sent Ronke to buy bread and make me some tea. She left the baby with me.” Otaoroju said when Ronke went out; he started hearing strange voices in his head commanding him to kill his child.
He said, I went outside and bought a liquid substance known as Bint El Sudan, it’s a type of perfume.
“I took the substance, opened Kazeem’s mouth and poured it into it. I don’t know why I did that”http://www.blessingesegine.com/i-was-obeying-the-voice-in-my-head-father-who-killed-41-day-old-son/

Re: “I Was Obeying The Voice In My Head” – Father Who Killed 41-day-old Son by EfemenaXY: 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2012
What is the Family Section turning into?? sad sad
Re: “I Was Obeying The Voice In My Head” – Father Who Killed 41-day-old Son by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 27, 2012
Efemena_xy: What is the Family Section turning into?? sad sad
I think I have been angered enough of stories of wicked parents killing their children on family section today! "Leaves thread angrily" angry
Re: “I Was Obeying The Voice In My Head” – Father Who Killed 41-day-old Son by k2039: 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2012
[size=15pt]This man deserves to be shot,when he gets to court that same voice in his head will save him,mtcheew.

[/size]

Re: “I Was Obeying The Voice In My Head” – Father Who Killed 41-day-old Son by TCD: 5:10am On Sep 28, 2012
k2039: [size=15pt]This man deserves to be shot,when he gets to court that same voice in his head will save him,mtcheew.

[/size]

why should he be shot? Have you not heard of mental illnesses? Is that how you treat sick people? If this man is sick he needs to be evaluated by a psychiatrist and be treated accordingly. He needs a hospital not jail.

Africans and their barbaric mentality. A man shot president Reagan in the US, he was found to be mentally ill and he was treated as a sick man in a mental hospital. If it was Nigeria, they would have given him the death penalty. Smh
Re: “I Was Obeying The Voice In My Head” – Father Who Killed 41-day-old Son by k2039: 7:34am On Sep 28, 2012
[size=15pt]
The fact that their is a disease called mental illness doesnt mean that this guy is suffering from any.Trust me the court will carry out a test on his mental state.
I still maintain my stand that man deserves to be shot except proven to be suffering from any mental ailment(I think you should know that some nigerians dont have to mentally sick to do some absurd things)

On Late president Ronald Wilson Reagan assasination attempt,I didnt know that guy was suffering from any illness.
If not that the SS agents moved the president in to the limousine aftter the first shot,the president would have been killed(even the first shot was sufficient to kill Reagan if not for Grace and wonderful doctors).
One of the SS agent even suffered ap brain damage after the attempt on Reagan's life as a result of shots he took while defending the president.

[/size]
Re: “I Was Obeying The Voice In My Head” – Father Who Killed 41-day-old Son by TCD: 8:05am On Sep 28, 2012
k2039: The fact that their is a disease called mental illness doesnt mean that this guy is suffering from any.Trust me the court will carry out a test on his mental state.
I still maintain my stand that man deserves to be shot except proven to be suffering from any mental ailment(I think you should know that some nigerians dont have to mentally sick to do some absurd things)

I see you are learning. This is what you should have added to your first statement on this thread.
On Late president Ronald Wilson Reagan assasination attempt,I didnt know that guy was suffering from any illness.
If not that the SS agents moved the president in to the limousine aftter the first shot,the president would have been killed(even the first shot was sufficient to kill Reagan if not for Grace and wonderful doctors).
One of the SS agent even suffered ap brain damage after the attempt on Reagan's life as a result of shots he took while defending the president.

Well at least now you know he was mentally Ill. And you won't go about making summary judgments about people deserving to be killed when you haven't examined them clinically . Its highly unfair to do so.
Re: “I Was Obeying The Voice In My Head” – Father Who Killed 41-day-old Son by dominique(f): 6:59pm On Sep 28, 2012
he needs to be examined. There's a chance that he's schizophrenic.

Efemena_xy: What is the Family Section turning into?? sad sad

the thread should be in crime section.
Re: “I Was Obeying The Voice In My Head” – Father Who Killed 41-day-old Son by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2012
dominique: he needs to be examined. There's a chance that he's schizophrenic.

the thread should be in crime section.
yes, schizophrenia
Re: “I Was Obeying The Voice In My Head” – Father Who Killed 41-day-old Son by Callotti: 2:49am On Sep 30, 2012
I never knew that boys wore bows on their heads in Nigeria o! grin

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/834647_newborn-baby-sleeping_jpg7f333babdc04eb97645aecfa2c68fd83[/img]
Re: “I Was Obeying The Voice In My Head” – Father Who Killed 41-day-old Son by slimyem: 6:33am On Sep 30, 2012
Definitely one of the 2.5 million Lagosians said to be mentally ill...http://allafrica.com/stories/201110130989.html
sad!!!
Re: “I Was Obeying The Voice In My Head” – Father Who Killed 41-day-old Son by Mrchippychappy(m): 6:33pm On Sep 30, 2012
what is happening cry

(1) (Reply)

Decomposing Body Of TV Journalist Found On His Bed (graphics Photos) / Outrage As Four Ladies Seen Fighting Themselves, Unclad One Another / How My Dad Was Killed By His Jealous Bestie - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.