Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

MTN Smooth Talk Abnormal Call Rates - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Smooth Talk Abnormal Call Rates (2601 Views)

Cheapest Call Rates And Tariff For MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat 2015 / MTN Reviews Call Tariff: Call Rates As Low As 10kobo Across All Networks / Glo reduces Call Rates On G-BAM Plan.18k/sec to All Networks, free 5mb daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Smooth Talk Abnormal Call Rates by Blackteeth(m): 11:04pm On Sep 27, 2012
I bought a new MTN line, activated it and switched from the default PAYGO tariff plan to the SMOOTH TALK tariff plan. According to MTN's website and posters, the smooth talk plan offers a call rate of 20kobo/second for MTN to MTN calls and 30kobo/second for MTN to other networks without the optional N5 daily access fee. But to my suprise after making several calls and verifying the charges, I discovered that the smooth talk tariff plan was turned upside down; my calls to other networks is charged at 20kobo/second while calls to MTN numbers are charged at 30kobo/second. I have visited the MTN office twice concerning this issue and they couldnt do anything about it. Instead I was adviced to change my tariff plan. When I left the customer care centre and later decided to change my tariff plan, I was shocked again to see that I wasnt allowed to migrate to another tariff plan.
Please can someone explain exactly whats going on here cos this scenario is profiting MTN and keeping me at a loss since I call more MTN numbers than non-MTN numbers. Is this an intentional mistake by MTN?
Re: MTN Smooth Talk Abnormal Call Rates by Lawconfessor(f): 12:27am On Sep 28, 2012
U wan try Mtn?
Na deir style o...
Once dey giv u cap, dem go jst collect ur head. Or wen dey giv u shoe, dey'll jst carry ur feet.. WAYOO FULL DEM BODI. Mayb u shud jst text 406 to 133 n see if it'll go.

GOODLUCK DEAR
Re: MTN Smooth Talk Abnormal Call Rates by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 28, 2012
had this issue myself...I've resolved it now. the thing is that MTN daily gives you 500 when you use 100, or 1000 when you use 200.

Those calls that you feel were charged 30k for were actually taken from your bonus account. dial *559# to verify your bonus. To set yourself up for the daily bonus just dial *507#

Just make sure you have a minimum of N5 so your daily charge can always be taken, activate your line for the bonus and verify for yourself after every call. No shakings. Good luck.
Re: MTN Smooth Talk Abnormal Call Rates by Blackteeth(m): 8:17am On Sep 29, 2012
trae_z: had this issue myself...I've resolved it now. the thing is that MTN daily gives you 500 when you use 100, or 1000 when you use 200.

Those calls that you feel were charged 30k for were actually taken from your bonus account. dial *559# to verify your bonus. To set yourself up for the daily bonus just dial *507#

Just make sure you have a minimum of N5 so your daily charge can always be taken, activate your line for the bonus and verify for yourself after every call. No shakings. Good luck.
Good explanation. Do you work for MTN? But how come the MTN customer care personels do not know these things when I visited their office? When I told them at first they were even laughing.
Re: MTN Smooth Talk Abnormal Call Rates by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 29, 2012
Let's just say I'm a little above average when it comes to being knowledgeable about GSM tariffs and packages tongue cool

(1) (Reply)

Can I Connect My Blackberry Via Wifi Or USB To Browse With My Laptop / Best Dictionary App For Android? / Best Video Player App..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.