Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,040 members, 7,866,938 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:34 AM

I’m Ready To Go If Nigerians Don’t Want Me - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Ready To Go If Nigerians Don’t Want Me - Jonathan (586 Views)

Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan / Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan / You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I’m Ready To Go If Nigerians Don’t Want Me - Jonathan by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:38pm On Sep 27, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan declared yesterday that he was ready to leave if Nigerians had demonstrated that they no longer wanted him as their president through the ballot box.

“I was ready to lose the election if Nigerians did not want me. If I was ready to be disgraced out of office to sanitise the system, that is to tell you I am ready to sanitise the system to bring about investments in our country,” Jonathan stated.

Speaking at a breakfast meeting on the Nigerian economy organised by the African Business Roundtable in New York, USA, Jonathan also noted that the reason why many Nigerian political leaders fight to sit tight in office was because of the fear of the unknown.

He, however, assured that he has vowed that the electoral reforms embarked upon by his administration would continue to ensure that the choice of the people emerge at every election, adding that he was fully committed to solving the nation’s electoral problems.

The Nigerian president added: “We are totally committed to solving our problem. We started with the electoral process and we have demonstrated our commitment in sanitising that system because when the people put you there you will be committed to serving the people.”

He assured investors that he would do everything to sanitise the investment environment to attract the much-needed investment and create jobs for the teeming youth who, he observed, make up the majority of the nation’s population.

Noting that this critical segment of the society could not be ignored as they were the ones that needed housing and jobs, Jonathan expressed hope that Nigeria could join the elite group of the world economies between eight and 10 years as it has been proved in other countries that it does not take eternity to solve the development problems of a country.
Re: I’m Ready To Go If Nigerians Don’t Want Me - Jonathan by RichDad1(m): 12:25am On Sep 28, 2012
We don't want you sir. Please you can leave now. Thanks cool cool
Re: I’m Ready To Go If Nigerians Don’t Want Me - Jonathan by Lawconfessor(f): 1:01am On Sep 28, 2012
What a HUMBLE Man U re mr president..
Not any man's wish, bt DIVINE Interventions for u my presido.

MY GOD SHALL SURELY FIGHT UR BATTLE... IN JESUS CHRIST'S NAME... AMEN.
Re: I’m Ready To Go If Nigerians Don’t Want Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 1:27am On Sep 28, 2012
This should have been a great news to me but am still nt happy because we all know the president doesnt keep to his promises
Re: I’m Ready To Go If Nigerians Don’t Want Me - Jonathan by DuduNegro: 1:33am On Sep 28, 2012
Whaaat!! Tell him to depart NOW!
Re: I’m Ready To Go If Nigerians Don’t Want Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 1:38am On Sep 28, 2012
what is he really saying? is he trying to declare that he will contest in 2015 and if Nigerians vote him out, then so be it! or is he trying to say he may organise a referendum b4 2015 and if Nigerians say no through the referendum, then so be it.
which one is he really trying to say?
I think Mr. Presido is trying to be cunning here!
Re: I’m Ready To Go If Nigerians Don’t Want Me - Jonathan by OAM4J: 1:44am On Sep 28, 2012

(1)

Nigeria Needs A More Dictatorial NASS - Sam Nda Isiaiah - Leadership Newspaper / I’ll Abide By Nigerians’ Decision On Constitution Review – Jonathan / Is He Fit To Be Nigeria President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.