Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,253 members, 7,849,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:27 AM

BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! (14973 Views)

Biafra Agitation: Prof Wole Soyinka Calls For More Diplomacy / Jonathan, Zuma Open Talks Over Botched $15m Arms Deals. / Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by Gorrbachev: 8:36am On Sep 28, 2012
[size=15pt]Damn, so this women won't be allowed to stone the devil 21 times, until their husbands and uncles overthrow the infidel government..........you know the devil lives in mecca, so that muslims can stone him to death.[/size] grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by kosiobabiolorun: 8:38am On Sep 28, 2012
Is there no punishment for Countries/persons that refuse one from performing religious obligation? I suggest our Muslim brothers and sister should trooped to the street and start protesting for this or must it be when you guys are religiously abused by non Muslims.
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 28, 2012
Gorrbachev: [size=15pt]Damn, so this women won't be allowed to stone the devil 21 times, until their husbands and uncles overthrow the infidel government..........you know the devil lives in mecca, so that muslims can stone him to death.[/size] grin grin grin

LOL
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by dj187: 8:41am On Sep 28, 2012
tellwsdom: How can you bomb millions of people and want to go to the holy Land with stains of blood in your hand??…ABOMINATION angry angry
The women also shield the perpetrator of evil in their various states,Have you ever wondered why whenever a bokoharam top shot is arrested he is always in the company of his wife
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 28, 2012
Ohibenemma:
Your country has good roads, constant light, where everyone speaks the same language, united under one culture, and where leaders want the best for their people..?
Why are we so eager to display our ignorance on social forums? Your last sentence got me thinking: Some people just don't see beyond their noses, don't hear beyond what's passed on to them by POLITICIANS PROTECTING PERSONAL INTERESTS,etc. Please research more, especially on conditions of living and government styLES of other countries before typing falsehood on social forums. Leaders WHO WANT THE BEST FOR THEIR PEOPLE my foot!

Very intelligent reply.
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by manbuchai: 8:42am On Sep 28, 2012
maryjames9: Adding insults to injuries.More disgrace and embarassment awaits this country. First,ur women deported.Second,ur leaders protest turned on deaf hears. Third,Mark,Timbuwal,Sambo all failed and now ur president wil go and lick the arse of Saudi Authorities cos u wana do Hajj. This is the height of it all. Your leaders dont mean nothing to these nations and "they dont give a damn" about them. Irresponsible leaders controlng blind,dump followers. I await what the trainee presidency led administratn wil do. Ordinary Hajj they cant go.No light,roads,jobs,infrastructures,good education, no nothing. All they are good at is corruption and lawlessness. Embezelling galore and their suffering followers watching them helplessly. This country is pathetic
100 likes
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by ideee03(f): 8:46am On Sep 28, 2012
gboss4sure: The only solution is to turn to Christendom, Arabian Muslims feel superior to black Muslims and mainly Nigerian Muslims just like the northerner Muslims feel superior to youroba Muslims but if there is a little cartoon of Muslims, those Arab Muslims will instigate the black Muslims to protest cause they are just tools used for violence where there country enjoys peace.

#WHATAFAKERELIGION
Thank u...u dserve a peck 4 this kiss
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by cold(m): 8:47am On Sep 28, 2012
Danka7777: Saudis are very clever people. They have done their calculation and know 95% of these women are from the poorest villages of northern Nigeria, and mostly likely have no money to spend to boost their economy. Why keep them? Besides, they are being sponsored by government/ taxpayers. I can tell you that if 1000 white/light skinned women covered their faces with hijab came to saudi for Hajj, alone; unaccompanied by men relative, I can tell you that the Saudis will pretend as though they didn't know they came alone. This is clearly a calculated decision from an economic standpoint.

On the same token, the Nigeria Hajj Organizers, did their own economic calculation too, said to themselves: if we send out each of these women with a male relative, that would double the cost and minimize our profit margin. For example if the cost was 500million naira for 500 women(from my understanding as of 2002, they charge 1million naira per person. Most likely it would have doubled by now), sending them with a male relative, would double the cost to 1billion naira. Realistically, the Hajj Organizers, know whats up, they are in this to make money. They collected money from government under the claim that every woman would be accompanied by a male counterpart but choose to send them alone to save money/get kick back. The senate should hold a hearing on this and I am pretty certain that was the case.

Many people don't know that taxpayers are paying for these trips.

Hmmm...a reasonable argument. But i guess you missed the part where they also insisted on deporting and eventually deported a woman that was genuinely with her hubby. I think it goes deeper than that. The Saudis do not want Nigerians on their soil period & this is a subtle way of saying it. Before long,they'll make the rules even stiffer for Nigerian men
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by ChideraFavour(m): 8:49am On Sep 28, 2012
OOh! Deportn mood activated bt wait a minute does it mean dt d pilgrimage or whteva dey called it can neva b done in ds 9ja? 4 me o instead of goin d long process of meetn d saudi govt. I prefer makn a neccesary arrangement 4 dem 2 b doin d pilgrim here in Nigeria.or is it not possible?
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by honeric01(m): 8:49am On Sep 28, 2012
ideee03: Thank u...u dserve a peck 4 this kiss

And after that is done, you'll find yourself in heaven abi?
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 28, 2012
ISLAM MAKES NO SENCE. PARTICULARLY FOR WOMEN.
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by manbuchai: 8:50am On Sep 28, 2012
Toaskarity:
no they wont! To see how stupid they are! Instead they will unite with arabs to protest about a film in america!

Those saudians should have chain them all together and put them in dungeon inthe middle of a desert to die alone! Atleast some food they would have consume in nigeria shld be used and feed their sons & daughters begging in every corner of nigeria! i know the God of the poor is not happy this women are deported back to nigeria, atleast we all know they re useless to the society!
They knows nothing about "Black Power" or Pan Africanism.Europeans are coming together,Asian and Arabs are coming togerther,Africans are killing and fighting each other.Did you not see how Fashola is sending destitutes or the poor ones away from Lagos.Returning people to their place of origin in their own country.Primitive folks.
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 28, 2012
Gorrbachev: [size=15pt]........you know the devil lives in mecca, so that muslims can stone him to death.[/size] grin grin grin

stupid senceless CRUEL culture pretending to be religion.
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by manbuchai: 8:54am On Sep 28, 2012
ibsmooth: Let the truth be told,our government often sends their girlfriends and concubine who most on reaching Saudi vanishes into thin air.This happens every year.This is a reflection of our attitude simple.
No doubt,whatever they sow, that they will reap.This is just morning,to carry 9ija passport is a disgrace.
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by ldpele(m): 8:59am On Sep 28, 2012
nwabuife: An intriguing development was that the husband of one of the female deportees also returned home with his wife, in protest, when the Saudi Authorities refused to clear his wife, even after explaining that he was the husband of the woman. VERY GOOD... SAUDI ARABI many thanks. Saudi muslins want peace. They don't want people who will come n terrorise their people. This showed dat they are against wat d so called Nigerian muslim are doing in nigeria over d issue of boko haram. Nigeria muslims are not portraying d good image of a true muslims. Is a shame they r rejected by their fellow Muslims. D blood of d innocent is begining to hunt them. Shame to nigeria muslims. Anywhere they go they will see them as boko haram and so b rejected.SHAME!!!
mentioned same tin yestaday, jst like sme1 said, like nysc,its batch A.
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 28, 2012
vanstanzy: This is good riddance to bad rubbish. Thanks Saudi for deporting those vixens. I don't understand it, didn't the women know they were supposed to be accompanied by a male relative to the Hajj? Or maybe the women have ulterior motives of maybe, prostituting. I just said it! wink wink wink U muslims cannot ruin ur country with terrorist attacks and expect to run to another for refuge. Send the dumb @sses back, jor!

I think there is more to this than meets the eye.

From the two articles provided below, it would appear the house of Saud has decided to ride roughshod over Nigerians this year - for the fun of it if nothing else - simply because it can angry
What better way to illustrate Nigeria's diminished status on the world stage, eh?

Nigerian officials responsible for organising the hajj said three planes were turned back from the Saudi city of Medina, while a further 1,000 women were held in detention centres in Mecca, some for up to five days. Under Saudi law, women are minors who require permission from a male relative to work, leave the country or, in some cases, receive medical treatment.

But Nigeria's Saudi ambassador, Abubakar Shehu Bunu, said it had been agreed Nigerians could perform the rites as long as they were accompanied by local officials once they were in Saudi Arabia. Bunu has lodged a formal complaint with Saudi authorities.
Source

Until now, state pilgrimage officials had been allowed to stand in the place of a male relative or husband. Muhammad, for instance, said that she had been traveling with a Hajj official who is not her relative.

But Saudi authorities have proven much stricter this year. They even stopped women who did travel with their husbands.

“Islam allows wives to bear the names of their parents and not necessarily that of their husbands,” the report argued.
Source
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by IleIfe2(m): 9:17am On Sep 28, 2012
juman: Hmmm.

The saudi action was not good enough.

Why doing this to us?

[size=15pt]They did not know you have so many Shia muslims in Nigeria until the recent demonstration[/size]. grin grin grin grin
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by onatisi(m): 9:20am On Sep 28, 2012
one thing is confusing about this issue ,which is ,this law that the saudis are implementing against nigerian women on hajji ,has the same law been applied and implemetd against women from countries all over the world?definitely nigeria wont be the only country that has women travelling alone without their husbands accompanying them.
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by manbuchai: 9:22am On Sep 28, 2012
I await total chaos in Northern Nigeria,demonstrations and burning of Saudi flags should commence forthwith.As they are able to organize protests because of a film about mohamed that was shot in the US.They should likewise protest against this disgrace and humiliation by their saudi masters.
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by ldpele(m): 9:29am On Sep 28, 2012
abbeycial: in ur dreams dude...ISLAM is a religion of truth dat would prevail over all other religion.all d happening are just a test of faith.
test of faith indeed
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by Youngzedd(m): 9:37am On Sep 28, 2012
This shouldn't be mehn, Saudi messup.

I thought Nigerian Muslims are brothers and sisters with other Muslim all over the world, how come treating your brothers and sisters this way, if so that means there is no UNITY.

Wait oo, so you guys want number 1 citizen of the country to talk to Saudi King on ur behalf. For what?

If you Muslims are truely ONE then Saudi shouldn't send ur wives back.

This is a family issue and it should be tackle within the family, no outsider should intervene.

So Mr President what is your next plan, lets move forward.

You guys should have known what the main problem is, no country in the word is happy with Naija because of the Islamic sect that call themselves BOKO HARAM, OR una wan go bomb holy land. They don't want crowd period.

Allah is everywhere, all He needs from you is to worship him in truth and spirit and you shall be rewarded in heaven, there is no discrimination in Allah's kingdom, so lets use our tongue to count our teeths.

Allow the dead to bury themselves.
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by takedat(m): 9:43am On Sep 28, 2012
Why are we surprised that Nigerians are been humuliated all around the world.Our pedigree speaks for itself so i dont blame Saudi's cos religion aside our people are notorious and it is plain for all to see.
A country full of hypocrites and unfaithful religious people who are quick to add prefix of Alhaji in front of their names and JP at the back.
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by lynton(m): 10:03am On Sep 28, 2012
In fact let Saudi government send 'All' of them back sef, what is it that we are even going abroad for holiness sake when we ourselves are not holy in our doings. Instead our ignorant leaders keeps wasting tax payers money to sponsor such so called holy trip. Nonsense. Let all of them stay back in Nigeria and pray. This just the beginning, as long as we Nigerians keeps rushing to foreign lands hoping that, that is where our messiah would come from, they will also try to use, mal treat and humiliate us. Let the wise hear
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by onatisi(m): 10:12am On Sep 28, 2012
i think this is a good omen for nigeria and we should all applaud it .reason is that ,muslim and islamic leaders in nigeria will now know the extent of damage bh has done to nigeria images and if their wives are deported ike goats from saudi arabia and driven home it shouls strike some sense into their brains and maybe now they will start speaking against bh and condeming it unlike before when they kept quite .
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 28, 2012
Where are those bunch of low thinkers in the far north, why are they not protesting this high degree of humiliation from their Saudi counterpart? I thought by now they must have burn up to thousands of Saudi flags. Very, very,,, unfortunate. Let Nigeria not see it as diplomatic issue but a religious issue. I for one respect Saudi people to a very high esteemed because they are not religiously extremism. Find out you can not see them protesting unnecessarily for things that does not matter(s). In short, the problem of this country Nigeria are these so called........................ Please complete that yourself. Did i here you say Moslems
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by lynton(m): 10:14am On Sep 28, 2012
But wait ohh! Why people dee complain sef. No be there country??, na una country. How woman go travel leave her husband with the children. Dat one na sign of irresponsibility na. Abeg Saudi Govt carry go. How person go leave him own country to another man's country just to go and pray.
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by ebere1712: 10:28am On Sep 28, 2012
When you Muslims are ready for the death to Arabia protest. We would join you from everywhere in Nigeria grin crazy mohammeds angry
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by sirp2007: 10:32am On Sep 28, 2012
honeric01: ABOLISH GOVERNMENT SPONSORED PILGRIM.

WHETHER MECCA OR JERUSALEM O, ABOLISH BOTH, IF YOU WANT TO GO AND HIT YOUR HEAD ON A BLACK BOX OR DRINK WATER FROM ANOTHER KIND OF STREAM THAT'S NOT DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE IN YOUR COUNTRY, DO THAT WITH YOUR OWN MONEY!

SHALOM!
AM 100% BEHIND YOU.
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by Keziehenry(m): 10:46am On Sep 28, 2012
I wish all of dem are deported.by d way,what are they goin to medina for? To learn d art of bomb making,bombing and how to handle AK 47.they are welcome.
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by kaixinyanla: 10:49am On Sep 28, 2012
so long article..............
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by omoredia: 10:50am On Sep 28, 2012
What my business if osama D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ straff those nigerian women inside kabba? Smh
Re: BOTCHED DIPLOMACY AS Saudi-Arabia Deports 510 More Nigerian Women Pilgrims!! by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 28, 2012
Where are those low thinkers from far north, why are they not protesting this high degree of humiliation from their Saudi counterpart? I thought by now they must have burn up to thousands of Saudi flags. Ho this is different because it does not involved Christian. Let all of them come back home. In my opinion, let Nigerian not see it as diplomatic issue but purely religious issue. I for one respect those Saudi people on a high esteem because they are not religiously extremism like the brain washed ones we have here in Nigeria. The problem we have here in Nigeria is this their so call religious of ..................that they are of majority in far northern Nigeria. Please complete the blank space. The world would have been a better place without..................... That is reducing the world peace on daily bases. Are they the only religious on health? Did i see any body fill in ''peace indeed'' and "Islam'' in the two space above, if yes, you are a first class products.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Position On The Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB Biafra Struggle / No Subsidy Paid In January— Kachikwu / Bisi Fayemi Celebrates Her Husband's 56th Birthday (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.