Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Talamons: Breakers of Time - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Talamons: Breakers of Time (2391 Views)

Where Do The Heart Breakers Go When They Are Old.... / The Beginning Of Time / Harry Porter, The Wheel Of Time, The Lord Of The Rings. Which Is Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Talamons: Breakers of Time by Redmosquito(m): 2:51pm On Sep 28, 2012
What is time? Alas this prominence has been of great concern to scientists and the lay man alike. Science puts time in accord with space –both believed to be the intertwined substance of the universe, religions’ view of time is too dissipated to be generalised, lets’ not even begin to describe my view of time. But all these theories of man are as obscured as they are obsolete to the otherworldly race of Talamons, for to them time is petite and inutile, as it should be in the face of energy, enough energy.
Talamons, the consequence of precocious evolution, the earliest pains in mother natures’ backside if you may , the first biters of the fingers that fed them, the mighty race of Talamons, the proud inhabitants of the planet Gezai ,reminders of the fact that evolvement is forever capped.
On the surface of the lightless planet Gezai , one million times the size of Earth, possessing five times the multiformity of Earth. The blackness of this world is thick and heavy as if composed of matter, perhaps this planet was out of reach of the light commanded on the day of creation, or maybe it just existed in the shadow of God. The fact that Gezai is in a strange orbit may explain its bizarre attributes.
The tatterdemalic landscape resembles the untenable African Sahara, except being distinguished by little boulders here and there .The wind howls against the tattered, unbeautiful pile of rocks that were once segments of great Alps, violating them further. Moving at a speed enough to sear flesh from the bones of earthly beings, they only serve to scintillate off Klaveks’ horn, apart from that he can barely feel them. Klavek pushes his hands up toward caliginous firmament known as the sky, he extends his three phalanges and suddenly an instantaneous burst of malodorous energy is released. So minute is its duration, it is as though nothing transpired. But that was a foolish waste of capability and a moronic give-away of location, this horned being in his ignorance smiles. He has enough information about his surroundings to last him a while, his assimilative brain has been fed enough information from the energy deflections. Klavek is young, efficacious but young. His mind is but yet unmolded by the fires of experience. Thrust and abandoned in the black cruel world of Gezai upon birth, Klavek has to accumulate experience fast or he will end up like majority of his brothers, dead.
Klavek now well fed with vital, yet dumbly acquired info now teleports into the far-off distance. He goes in search of comestibles, for since his conception he has not quenched the sensation in him known as hunger and besides the energy he was born with is fast diminishing, hastened further by Klaveks verdancy . He must replenish.
Almost as soon as Klavek trudges out of view, an entity is upon the site of Klaveks’ thoughtless act, as black as the habitat around it and as dark as the belly of a black hole. This…being barely floats off the ferrous grounds, he is like but a black coat left hanging in the mid-air, the aura of death is so perceptible about it that it is potent enough to kill. If the Grim reaper was fashioned after any creature it can only be this, this sentient embodiment of negative black energy. The being parades the vicinity as if sensing the shed radiance of the earlier visitor. Then it suddenly stops, remaining motionless for a while before spreading out toward the direction Klavek had trod, or more clearly, teleported. It could sense some invisibility left in the young Talamon’s wake, and it soon teleported after him, apparently in pursuit.
to be cont
By Redmosquito
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Redmosquito(m): 4:09pm On Sep 28, 2012
follow if u like, replies would be appreciated. cool.the title appeared wrong. it should be Time Of The Talamons, moderator abeg change am for me, i no fit change am.
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Cuddlemii: 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2012
Your Post has been released!

It was the spambot, sorry about that.

Next time, when it happens like that, inform me immediately.

Thanks!
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Redmosquito(m): 3:00pm On Oct 01, 2012
cuddlemii true true as of right now i wan cuddle you. thank you jare
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Redmosquito(m): 10:33pm On Oct 01, 2012
Klavek is now upon what was his horizon just a Gezai day ago- that is about 5 earth hours ago. A distant star weakly lit up the sky every 5 hours, it is the only star that has defied the thick darkness that envelopes Gezai .Although the light is faded upon passing through the Gerzian atmosphere- proof that the darkness although defeated put up a good fight, it is enough for photosynthetic life to flourish on. Klavek takes while to evaluate things, the sky is now lit although dimly, energy sensors on his face harness the light well enough dousing any chance of further carelessness. He notices something, a slight movement at first, and then pieces off the ground begin to move and twist. Slowly they did this until they took distinct forms, blue giants they were, tall and plant-like, but they bore consciousness, unlike the comatose plant life of earth. They had emerged from their camouflage in the presence of the light; they stood with frond-like extensions sticking out of their head end. Surprisingly they were armed; huge crystals of diamonds were at each beast’s side at the end of extensions which perhaps functioned as arms. They were strangely humanoid in frame, bearing the body shape of earthly men.
Klavek had remained motionless all the while, taking into thought all that he observed. He was about a hundred metres from them; they were twice his height and seemed sedentary. These are the first living beings he has come across, since his birth that is; they seemed like deadly opponents or maybe it was just their diamond clubs. Whatever the case Klavek made up his mind not to disturb, but hunger is a heavy persuasion; besides they looked tasty, they’ve looked tasty from the moment they took form; hunger just made it more the observation more prominent. A lower portion of his face that lay barren a moment ago morphs into some kind of oral cavity bearing metallic spikes, a grotesque parody of teeth; two muscular tongues coated with a kind of green corrosive saliva are clearly visible in the orifice. He can’t wait to dig into these saporous-looking beasts. He proceeds to sate his hunger.
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Cuddlemii: 3:46am On Oct 02, 2012
Redmosquito: cuddlemii true true as of right now i wan cuddle you. thank you jare

You welcome! smiley
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Redmosquito(m): 8:10pm On Oct 04, 2012
If u feel the story pls comment. I need incentives if I am to post further
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by micki83(m): 9:50am On Nov 25, 2012
The story seems good,u've got loads of talent and creativity,no doubt,but I'm personally a very lazy reader;I prefer easy,goofy stories(african nerd)lol. Kip it up sha.I'll be waiting for ur next comedy-drama
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Shugamania(f): 7:23pm On Dec 20, 2012
Science fiction?
Am beginning to love you.
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Redmosquito(m): 7:33pm On Dec 20, 2012
Shugamania: Science fiction?
Am beginning to love you.
Haaa! This was a long time ago! My first story! Nobody liked it so I ignored it and let it die sad sad grin grin grin
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by movmentish(m): 8:30pm On Dec 20, 2012
Redmosquito u wan multi task ba!!! Nyz story tho and don't u dare say u can't update coz u r busy and ish......
By the way For me, multi-tasking means screwing up several things at once.....don't screw up plz
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Redmosquito(m): 8:34pm On Dec 20, 2012
movmentish: Redmosquito u wan multi task ba!!! Nyz story tho and don't u dare say u can't update coz u r busy and ish......
By the way For me, multi-tasking means screwing up several things at once.....don't screw up plz
I am not multitasking oooo! !This one is a old story! Very old! African Nerd is my second story ever! This was the first! grin grin grin
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 8:49pm On Dec 20, 2012
Nice cool
Oya come and complete it.
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Shugamania(f): 10:06pm On Dec 20, 2012
Redmosquito:
Haaa! This was a long time ago! My first story! Nobody liked it so I ignored it and let it die sad sad grin grin grin

Wrong... It's a refreshing change and i like. U'll have to complete this once u finish african nerd o.
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Redmosquito(m): 3:25am On Dec 21, 2012
Funmi and Suga! I dug into my office word cos of you guys, I knew I had some updates somewhere, So here it is.......Hope u like it. grin grin grin grin
Ummmm.... I might not post another update for a while, I need to pay for the internet subscription and I need to remember the plot I had for this story, I seem to have forgotten grin grin grin

He had barely arrived had the assault begun. These beasts must either be mind-readers or they’ve come across Klaveks’ kind before, for they attacked with the ferocity of instinct. These beast were nowhere near sedentary, they were fully mobile and dreadfully agile.
They moved with such great speed that Klavek stood frozen to his spot with surprise. BAM! The cold whack of diamond against Talamon flesh was enough to hotwire him into his right senses. Klaveks‘ senses transmitted nothing but static for a microsecond or so; a human exposed to such an attack would be naught but a spray of blood and bones by now. The extremely brief period of inactivity, was enough to send him scampering away to a distance.
They flung their clubs at him when he was out of reach, Klavek tried parrying the projectile by teleportation but that did not turn out well. Teleportation involves travelling through space and time fabric, diamond has the property of passing through closed wormholes; the wielders knew that. So in essence, the club pursued him through any space-time tunnel he devised. BAM! Another blow to the poor Talamon, this time it caught him in the eye- the oval energy sensor in the middle of his face. Klavek shivered in pain, he let out a terrible cry; so terrible it was that Klaveks’ whole body vibrated to it. The horrible sound; generated in the core of the Talamons’ body, did not propagate through any opening, it simply vibrated out of him; like beat out of drum .Yet it does not carry far in the thin atmosphere of Gezai.
The vegetatives; satisfied with the pain they have inflicted, let him be and resume their sunbath. Their photosynthetic nutrition gave them little chance to defend themselves, five minutes longer and they would not have held out; energy reserves would have been depleted. Klavek teleports away, he needs to brood.
The dark being is now at the spot where Klavek once stood in observation, although it is now dark; the star is out. It knows, this mass of floating evil knows, it can still sense the life force of the Talamon lingering about. It looks into the darkness, it can see through the camouflage of the vegetatives. It can almost re-enact what took place here. It can still feel the cry of this Talamon. It can feel his pain. The draping mass of sensate energy teleports away, it is close, it can feel the presence getting stronger.
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Shugamania(f): 9:22am On Dec 21, 2012
It's short naa..
We'll make do sha, thanks. kiss

1 Like

Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 9:39am On Dec 21, 2012
So red, when is the next update? cheesy
Do quick quick before your bundle will finish again cheesy
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Redmosquito(m): 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2012
Oluwafunmilayo95: So red, when is the next update? cheesy
Do quick quick before your bundle will finish again cheesy
Haa! The next peice?! I most likely wont continue this one until I end the African Nerd sad angry angry
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 6:58pm On Dec 21, 2012
No problem, as long as u don't forget dis one smiley
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Ollyfad(f): 1:12am On Jan 24, 2013
Nw av read nd i luv d plot so dia4...pleaaase kum nd start updatin....
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Redmosquito(m): 1:18am On Jan 24, 2013
THis story na long thing ooo!
I dont have the time, I am not even sure I still have the plot in my head sef!
Guys! THis one has got to die oooooo!!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Nobody: 1:40am On Jan 24, 2013
Eh...Die keOya brainstorm and continue updating ASAP...
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by dubem3(m): 9:52am On Jan 24, 2013
Redmosquito:
Haa! The next peice?! I most likely wont continue this one until I end the African Nerd sad angry angry
So
Re: Talamons: Breakers of Time by Ollyfad(f): 6:00pm On Jan 24, 2013
Redmosquito: THis story na long thing ooo!
I dont have the time, I am not even sure I still have the plot in my head sef!
Guys! THis one has got to die oooooo!!
grin grin grin grin grin
pls nd pls dnt dare me o u beta do flash bk nd rviv it o

(1) (Reply)

Road To Vengeance (A Romance Story By Galacious) / Tell Me What You Think / Competent Rewriter Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.