Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 (1746 Views)

Kenyans Vs Nigerians Round 2! Battle Of The Nations. / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by ishow2005(m): 10:58am On Jan 16, 2008
i think ghana will lift the cup who do u think will? vote at www.a3unionnigeria..com
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by onavae(m): 12:02pm On Jan 16, 2008
dey craze? which Ghana? u see their last friendly? abi u don 4get say appiah no de again?

anyway, na NIGERIA, take it or leave it.
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by 9ja4eva: 1:14am On Jan 19, 2008
Ivory Coast
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by Mustay(m): 8:44am On Jan 19, 2008
Nigeria!

Infact 9ja and Mali would qualify and u guys will stop this brouhaha of CIV
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by olamidemi(f): 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2008
2008 AFRICAN CUP OF NATIONS WINNER

SUPER EAGLES OF NIGERIA  smiley smiley smiley
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by mukina2: 8:19pm On Jan 19, 2008
Ivory Coast kiss
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by proxies(m): 8:31pm On Jan 19, 2008
yes o
it's

SUPER EAGLES OF NIGERIA
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by Biliamin(m): 12:33pm On Jan 21, 2008
I am a true NIGERIAN. Super Eagles will lift the trophy.
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by tellie(m): 1:23pm On Jan 21, 2008
Please for those who wishes CIV carry the Trophy I'll advise them 2 go and design there Trophy to look like the one they are contendig for. So that after february 10th, if CIV didn't lift the cup, they should honourably present theres to the team in the name of Didie Drogba. lipsrsealed
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by Emad(f): 5:06pm On Jan 21, 2008
I think you guys are forgetting a small Devil, Cameroon
well i also think it is too easy to make a forecast,
I did not quite like the match of yesterday Ghana Vs Guinea
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by folahann(m): 5:11pm On Jan 21, 2008
Today's game is crazy, a player scored hat-trick under 30 mins to the game, 2 goals were scored 5mins into the game.
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by Olisehua: 7:10pm On Jan 21, 2008
1. Nigeria
2. Ghana
3. Ivory Coast
4. Cameroon
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by mukina2: 9:01pm On Jan 21, 2008
[size=30pt]IVORY COAST[/size] kiss kiss
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by Horus(m): 9:48pm On Jan 21, 2008
Respect the Nations

GHANAIAN BORN Marcel Desailly has predicted that the final of the 2008 African Cup of Nations will be between Ghana and the Ivory Coast. He told the Voice of Sport: “If Ghana starts well I believe they have the capacity of winning the tournament. Even though captain Stephen Appiah is injured they still have good potential.

Marcel Desailly

When you look at the Ivory Coast team that played in the last World Cup from Kolo Toure at the back to Didier Drogba upfront, they are a quite complete team.” The BBC commentator added: “Some surprises could come. South Africa are motivated because their tournament is coming up in two years time, but I cannot tell you who is going to win.” Desailly dismissed the chances of the Super Eagles of Nigeria claiming: “Nigeria is in a very difficult group with Ivory Coast. They do not have the talent that can make a difference because Okocha does not play for them anymore. “There is a lot of conflict inside. The ego is very high. If they manage to resolve the problems then they have the potential to do good things.” Talking passionately about the continued club verses country row Desailly stated: “I am upset. I put myself into a players situation. When we start the season everybody knows the schedule.

Take Portsmouth for example, they know at the start of the season they will have to release players, as does Barcelona who has to release Eto’o. “They should not put players in trouble like this. If a player is injured, give him the possibility to heal but in his country with the staff he is working with. Do not try the tricky, tricky thing. The clubs should organise themselves and respect the competition. “The African Cup of Nations is a major competition. FIFA should make more sanctions against these clubs. They should be very hard on clubs who do not release players on time.” Born in Ghana and then going onto win the World Cup with France few players can debate the pro’s and con’s on playing for your country of residence over your country of birth, Desailly says the choice is often a difficult one but one that’s down to the individual. He said: “I have no advice. Normally you have to help the young but it depends on what age they come to Europe. It depends on his parents and if they are living with them in Europe. “You do not know if he wants to get close to his culture so there is no advice. Take my example. I came to France when I was four and played for all the national teams. When I reached the moment to play for the full national team it was natural to play for France. Ghana had not done the correct thing to try and catch me. Each of them has to choose in respect of their own reality.”

Source: http://www.voice-online.co.uk/content.php?show=12758
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by anusule(m): 10:45pm On Jan 21, 2008
abeg. let him go and sleep.

nigeria i believe will come back stronger
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by dominique(f): 11:14pm On Jan 21, 2008
Yes o, but the cup is still a distant dream.
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by Emad(f): 8:22am On Jan 22, 2008
Did you guys watch that match yesterday?
The Ivorian Goal Keeper is Good man
That guy can force the opposition to a draw shocked
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by manulove(f): 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2008
i think the most difficult thing about soccer is making predictions.
No matter how good a team seems to be u never know what deal has been made underneath. shocked
Remember, money is going to exchange hands and most of those payers will be careful not to get injured so they can keep playing for their clubs.Very few of them are playing with all their heart undecided

And it's a pity cry
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by McKren(m): 11:01pm On Jan 22, 2008
people should wait after group phase before they start prediction

Egypt was hot today
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by Emad(f): 8:19am On Jan 23, 2008
Egpt looks like a team that will win it
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

they are fast and furious
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by urihsab: 8:42am On Jan 23, 2008
nigeria would be lucky to even survive the group stage. did u see them in the match against cote d'ivoire? running around like headless chickens. they should rename them to Un-super Chickens. Useless!

abeg, the finals will be Ghana vs Cote d'Ivoire and Drogba's Elephants will win the Cup 3:1
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by Emad(f): 8:50am On Jan 23, 2008
i predict the final will be IVC Vs Egypt
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 24, 2008
@Emad

Na only you don talk better for here

@Post

I'm betting my cash on Egypt.
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by folahann(m): 11:51pm On Jan 24, 2008
I win the Cup
Oya people people
make una go case dismiss
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by blogtech(m): 9:40am On Jan 26, 2008
Na Ghana go Win am Oh! cheesy

Appiah don tell the, this video go tell you more
them plan their juju round the stadium. undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5ZNU0OJhuw
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by folahann(m): 10:35am On Jan 26, 2008
All the people that predicted Nigeria should reverse their statements right now
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by tosinadeda: 11:36am On Jan 26, 2008
egypt abeg
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by proxies(m): 11:57am On Jan 26, 2008
Egpyt or CIV
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by Mustay(m): 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2008
nIGERIA! cheesy tongue tongue
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by ThugLife1(m): 9:29pm On Jan 27, 2008
Egypt
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by dominique(f): 9:33pm On Jan 27, 2008
Between egypt and civ (just like '06). Nigeria is so out.
Re: Who Will Win The Nations Cup 2008 by Mustay(m): 9:52pm On Jan 27, 2008
Naija is still 50% IN NOW

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man United Rejected Chance To Sign Zidane Out Of Fear Of Upsetting Cantona / Good Tipster Needed Urgently / Let's Come Together...if You Love Bet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.