Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,013 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) (4703 Views)

Is This Punishment Too Much From A Mother? (pic) / Father Of 11 Children On £27k A Year Benefits Refuses To Work,picture / Separated From My Husband And He Is Keeping My Children From Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by 2sexy(m): 9:21pm On Sep 28, 2012
Na so I see am o.

God Is GGGGGRRRRREEEEEAAAAAAATTTTTTT!

Re: Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by EfemenaXY: 9:25pm On Sep 28, 2012
That's not humanely possible.

Most mammals have 2, 3 or 4. Even dogs and rabbits don't have that many.

Those kids are from the hospital nursery.
Re: Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by yamakuza: 9:42pm On Sep 28, 2012
i wonder how big iya_okanla's tummy would have been ...
Re: Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by GARRIWARLORD(m): 10:37pm On Sep 28, 2012
Na wa oh.. Abi the husband fluid get doubling effect....
Re: Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 28, 2012
Efemena_xy: That's not humanely possible.

Most mammals have 2, 3 or 4. Even dogs and rabbits don't have that many.

Omoni meh! wink I agree. I've heard of 6, but they didn't all survive. 11 I've never heard of, I have my doubts.
Re: Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by EfemenaXY: 11:50pm On Sep 28, 2012
Siena, are you Urhobo?
Re: Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 29, 2012
Our God is indeed a great God!
Re: Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 29, 2012
Efemena_xy: Siena, are you Urhobo?

Efe, affirmative! smiley
Re: Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by 2sexy(m): 9:48am On Sep 29, 2012
whether you believe all not, in this world, it has been proven several times that wonder shall never end.
Re: Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by slimyem: 10:00am On Sep 29, 2012
Efemena_xy: That's not humanely possible.
you can't conclude its not possible just like that!
If they are from the nusery,why are the doctors and nurses still in their operating gowns?
Why are they posing to take a picture why 11 babies of no particular significance?
Why are the babies arranged like that?
Op,isn't there any report attached to the picture?

1 Like

Re: Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 29, 2012
slimyem: you can't conclude its not possible just like that!
If they are from the nusery,why are the doctors and nurses still in their operating gowns?
Why are they posing to take a picture why 11 babies of no particular significance?
Why are the babies arranged like that?
Op,isn't there any report attached to the picture?

I'm still pretty sceptical. If a woman was carrying 11 babies, the hospital would have known way before birth. She would have had scans, and that alone would have been news. I've searched online, and nowhere have I found any report that an expectant mother was carrying 11 babies.

I'm not medically inclined, but even I know those babies would NOT fit in a single womb. And if there were 11 at say 26 weeks, there certainly wouldn't be 11 at birth, because they wouldn't all survive. They need room to grow, so some would have been......

Besides, multipe bith babies are generally smaler than the norm. These are too big to be quads / quints. Definitely too big to be 11's, whatever they're called.

1 Like

Re: Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by slimyem: 11:20am On Sep 29, 2012
Siena:

I'm still pretty sceptical. If a woman was carrying 11 babies, the hospital would have known way before birth. She would have had scans, and that alone would have been news. I've searched online, and nowhere have I found any report that an expectant mother was carrying 11 babies.

I'm not medically inclined, but even I know those babies would NOT fit in a single womb. And if there were 11 at say 26 weeks, there certainly wouldn't be 11 at birth, because they wouldn't all survive. They need room to grow, so some would have been......

Besides, multipe bith babies are generally smaler than the norm. These are too big to be quads / quints. Definitely too big to be 11's, whatever they're called.
i'm not making any definite conclusions too..
Your arguments are very logical but the truth is strange things happen everyday and this could be one of those..
I was only trying to fault Efe's quick dismissal of the story.
Given just the picture and the op's 2 lined post,we can only speculate and opine...not conclude!
Re: Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 29, 2012
slimyem: i'm not making any definite conclusions too..
Your arguments are very logical but the truth is strange things happen everyday and this could be one of those..
I was only trying to fault Efe's quick dismissal of the story.
Given just the picture and the op's 2 lined post,we can only speculate and opine...not conclude!

I don't think Efe was dismissive. I would say she had her doubts though.

The 'net is full of strange reports, but I wouldn't take them at face value. I too could take a picture of a woman in a hospital recovery ward, and a picture of a new-born horse, and say she gave birth to it. But a logical mind would say it's extremely unlikely the horse came from her, just the same way a logical mind would say the 11 babies pictured here came from one womb, from ONE pregnancy. I may not draw conclusions, but I would approach this locically.

11 babies born from one pregnancy would be a world record, and would certainly be in the media. I listen to news daily, from local news to world, and have not heard as yet, of this "miracle." I am also yet to see a valid, verifiable link to the original source of this multiple birth. Bearing in mind, links are not always 100% reliable, I could apply logic to such a link - if it existed.
Re: Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 29, 2012
Just for reference, take a look at this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1207158/Tunisian-woman-expecting-12-babies-smash-record-octuplets-mother.html

Extracts from this link:

"A teacher is pregnant with a record-breaking 12 babies, it has been claimed.

The unnamed Tunisian woman, who is in her 30s, is reportedly expecting six boys and six girls.
She is said to have turned to fertility treatment after suffering two miscarriages in two years.

But British fertility experts said that although it was possible to conceive 12 babies, such a pregnancy was fraught with risk.
There was less than a one in 100 chance of even a single baby surviving, said one."

"But British experts said that a natural birth would be impossible and warned that the strain of carrying 12 babies could lead to labour at 20 weeks – just halfway through pregnancy."

"The problem is the capacity of the uterus.
This woman is going to be enormous by 20 weeks. And when the uterus goes into labour there is nothing you can do about it."

"Others have not been so lucky. A 23-year-old Greek Cypriot who became pregnant with a then record 11 babies in 1996 had to abort nine to save the lives of two."

"In the same year a British woman, Mandy Allwood, 32, became pregnant with octuplets after taking fertility drugs.
She ignored medical advice to abort some and lost all after they were born at just 22 weeks."
Re: Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 29, 2012
NONSENSE!!!!!
come on people, we all know this is BS....the picture is of the 11 (test tube) babies who were born on the 11/11/11 at this particular hospital, BY 11 DIFFERENT MOTHERS.

this hoax is old and you can check the following link for more infos: http://www.hoax-slayer.com/eleven-babies-hoax.shtml

the most babies ever born by a woman was 9 aka nonuplets (it happened twice), and sadly all the babies died within 7days!

1 Like

Re: Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by slimyem: 1:44pm On Sep 29, 2012
@Siena...so the point is...it is definitely possible for a woman to be pregnant with 11 babies but highly improbable that she'd carry all to full term and birth...right?
Thanks for the insight...smiley
Re: Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by Idowuogbo(f): 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2012
slimyem: @Siena...so the point is...it is definitely possible for a woman to be pregnant with 11 babies but highly improbable that she'd carry all to full term and birth...right?
Duh!! Olodo Oshi! grin
Re: Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
slimyem: @Siena...so the point is...it is definitely possible for a woman to be pregnant with 11 babies but highly improbable that she'd carry all to full term and birth...right?

Correct. 12 is possible, but unlikely to go full term...babies born as early as 24 weeks are not without complications, and that's for just 1, or twins.
Re: Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2012
MRbrownJAY: NONSENSE!!!!!
come on people, we all know this is BS....the picture is of the 11 (test tube) babies who were born on the 11/11/11 at this particular hospital, BY 11 DIFFERENT MOTHERS.

this hoax is old and you can check the following link for more infos: http://www.hoax-slayer.com/eleven-babies-hoax.shtml

the most babies ever born by a woman was 9 aka nonuplets (it happened twice), and sadly all the babies died within 7days!

Good find, Jay. Thanks for digging deep. cool
Re: Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) by EfemenaXY: 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2012
Sienna & BrownJay, don't waste your time explaining simple, common sense, logical facts to people.

If I post that my neighbour's dog gave birth to a cat, which in turn gave birth to the fox that been digging holes in my back garden where pigeons lay golden eggs, some people'll believe it hook, line and sinker - And shout the lord is great!

(1) (Reply)

A Wife Abuser Gets his reward / Am I Getting Matured Or Unreasonable? Pls Help. / Very Sad Woman - Marital Woes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.