Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Consular Reports Of Birth Abroad(américa Citizen Born In Nigeria) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Consular Reports Of Birth Abroad(américa Citizen Born In Nigeria) (2221 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Consular Reports Of Birth Abroad(américa Citizen Born In Nigeria) by deybowlah: 10:38pm On Sep 28, 2012
I want to know the way to go about my child's filling at the US embassy. My husband is a US citizen and we have been told to report our child's Birth here in naija where she was born so she can get her US Passport. I have been told i can begin the process in his absence but i need people in the house Who have done this before to enlighthen me . Please nairalanders any information on this?
Re: Consular Reports Of Birth Abroad(américa Citizen Born In Nigeria) by Nobody: 3:35am On Sep 30, 2012
Re: Consular Reports Of Birth Abroad(américa Citizen Born In Nigeria) by deybowlah: 12:06am On Oct 02, 2012
Thanks very much for that link.God bless you
Re: Consular Reports Of Birth Abroad(américa Citizen Born In Nigeria) by tpia5: 1:16am On Oct 02, 2012
why asking nlers instead of the relevant authorities?

i dont get you folks.
Re: Consular Reports Of Birth Abroad(américa Citizen Born In Nigeria) by deybowlah: 10:55pm On Oct 04, 2012
tpia@:
why asking nlers instead of the relevant authorities?

i dont get you folks.
Offcuz I have asked the approved authorities and I have some information. I just needed to get people on nairaland that have done this before that can better enlighten me and share ideas. You can't get all the info u need from the embassy.
Re: Consular Reports Of Birth Abroad(américa Citizen Born In Nigeria) by SapeleDon: 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2012
@op

If you had asked the relevant authority then you should know there is no way you CAN START anything yourself aside the submission of the application at the embassy, if all the relevant documents have been put together.

Everything is on your husband to do in the US. The only thing you have to do in Nigeria is to get a National Population Census birth certificate for the child.

He has to go to his county court in the US to do an affidavit of parentage and the rest,attach his proof of citizenship,marriage certificate(there is a form too to file for a child if the parents are not married)attach the right fee and you if he is not around you can then submit the application yourself.

You can get more info from LagosACS@state.gov

That is the wing of the US EMBASSY responsible for such matters and i assure you,your question will be answered under 24 hours.

There is no short cut to it and there is no advice any Nairalander can give you.

If the child was born to a US Citizen and they have no reason to have suspicion then it should be straight but if your application raises suspicion,that is when the DNA thing comes into play just to confirm the paternity of the child,the US don't joke. I should know because i did one not long ago.

Good luck.
Re: Consular Reports Of Birth Abroad(américa Citizen Born In Nigeria) by deybowlah: 11:52pm On Oct 06, 2012
[b][/b]He has to go to his county court in the US to do an affidavit of parentage and the rest,attach his proof of citizenship,marriage certificate(there is a form too to file for a child if the parents are not married)attach the right fee and you if he is not around you can then submit the application yourself.

Thanks very much for the response. This is exactly what I needed.
When husby came around he visited the embassy but at a wrong day and he was told I could do it in his absence. He dropped some documents with me but on filling the forms I discovered some sections that only the US citizen must sign in presence of a consular.
Now I understand he can fill them over there.
[b][/b]There is no short cut to it and there is no advice any Nairalander can give you.

Atleast I got the info I needed on nairaland

(1) (Reply)

Benin Republic Immigration Officers Now Collect N500 To Stamp Nigerian Passports / Then And Now Pictures Of Air Hostesses / wHAT NEXT ?Justification For The Purpose And Conditions Of The Intended Stay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.