Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,859 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Please I Need An Urgent Answer,.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please I Need An Urgent Answer,.. (851 Views)

An Urgent Revelation By Prophet Shepherd Bushiri / An Urgent Message From The Lord Jesus: “i Am Coming!” (part Ix) / An Urgent Warning To Christians From The Prophet Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need An Urgent Answer,.. by conserved(m): 1:47am On Sep 29, 2012
Hi peeps,pls I nid an urgent answer to dis question.--Samson was tempted by a woman(delilah) and he fell,Joseph was also tempted by a woman(Potiphars wife)but he didn't fall.d question is dis,why didn't Joseph fall,what kept him,what differentiated him?please I nid help on this and please d answers shud also b bible based or take its source from d bible.thanks people ,lookin forward to anwers.
Re: Please I Need An Urgent Answer,.. by ChideraFavour(m): 4:04am On Sep 29, 2012
Simply because of d holy spirit dt was wt him plus d fear of God inside him
Re: Please I Need An Urgent Answer,.. by conserved(m): 5:01am On Sep 29, 2012
@ chi--hmmmmm,but wasn't d holy spirit in Samson too??I mean,lik God was also usin Samson,sort of lik God even used Samson more cus he killed lots of philistines,there must b sumtin bout Joseph dat was lackin in Samson,dats wat m realy lookin for,,,thanks for replyin though,#big smile to u#
Re: Please I Need An Urgent Answer,.. by okeyxyz(m): 5:46am On Sep 29, 2012
There's no Holy-Spirit in the old testament. Did you read the passage about joseph? What reason did he(joseph) give for not yielding to the temptation of pontipha's wife? There's your answer.
And: @OP, please write properly!!!
Re: Please I Need An Urgent Answer,.. by tpia5: 5:57am On Sep 29, 2012
Why the question?

@ poster.

And yes, why cant you type properly.
Re: Please I Need An Urgent Answer,.. by ATMC(f): 6:35am On Sep 29, 2012
It's all to their destiny!
Re: Please I Need An Urgent Answer,.. by k2039: 6:57am On Sep 29, 2012
Genesis 39
8 But he refused. “With me in charge,” he told her, “my master does not concern himself with anything in the house; everything he owns he has entrusted to my care. 9 No one is greater in this house than I am. My master has withheld nothing from me except you, because you are his wife. How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?”

He didnt want to disobey God(It is a sin against God)
Also he did not want to abuse his Master's trust
Re: Please I Need An Urgent Answer,.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:57am On Sep 29, 2012
conserved:

Hi peeps,pls I nid an urgent answer to dis question.--Samson was tempted by a woman(delilah) and he fell,Joseph was also tempted by a woman(Potiphars wife)but he didn't fall.d question is dis,why didn't Joseph fall,what kept him,what differentiated him?please I nid help on this and please d answers shud also b bible based or take its source from d bible.thanks people ,lookin forward to anwers.

The fear of God, the book of proverb says, is the beginning of wisdom. Joseph had the fear of God unlike many so called Christians today. Another thing I will like to point out is that at times when God closes some women's womb it is because God wants to bring forth the Isaacs, the Jacobs, the Samuels and the John the baptists of this world.

Joseph was also a type of Jesus Christ. There was no recorded sin committed by Joseph and he suffered unjustly at the hands of his brethren who sold him into slavery. Joseph forgave his brethren without any animosity just like Jesus forgave his persecutors at His crucifixion. Joseph became the deliverer and saviour of his family and to the world just as Jesus on a larger scale became the Saviour of the world.
Re: Please I Need An Urgent Answer,.. by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:14am On Sep 29, 2012
conserved: @ chi--hmmmmm,but wasn't d holy spirit in Samson too??I mean,lik God was also usin Samson,sort of lik God even used Samson more cus he killed lots of philistines,there must b sumtin bout Joseph dat was lackin in Samson,dats wat m realy lookin for,,,thanks for replyin though,#big smile to u#

It means that we are still to be responsible in obeying the Word of God. Having the Holy Spirit is not a licence for us to take liberty as you see people doing today. The videoclip below plays out what swansong Samson would have sung, if possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNcMgGGOwzE
Re: Please I Need An Urgent Answer,.. by Jenwitemi(m): 7:56am On Sep 29, 2012
Human beings are different. They have different constitution. Just because one man fell for one thing does not mean that another man would for the same thing. Some fall, others don't. Btw, are you a 5 year old?
conserved: Hi peeps,pls I nid an urgent answer to dis question.--Samson was tempted by a woman(delilah) and he fell,Joseph was also tempted by a woman(Potiphars wife)but he didn't fall.d question is dis,why didn't Joseph fall,what kept him,what differentiated him?please I nid help on this and please d answers shud also b bible based or take its source from d bible.thanks people ,lookin forward to anwers.
Re: Please I Need An Urgent Answer,.. by ijawkid(m): 8:02am On Sep 29, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The fear of God, the book of proverb says, is the beginning of wisdom. Joseph had the fear of God unlike many so called Christians today. Another thing I will like to point out is that at times when God closes some women's womb it is because God wants to bring forth the Isaacs, the Jacobs, the Samuels and the John the baptists of this world.

Joseph was also a type of Jesus Christ. There was no recorded sin committed by Joseph and he suffered unjustly at the hands of his brethren who sold him into slavery. Joseph forgave his brethren without any animosity just like Jesus forgave his persecutors at His crucifixion. Joseph became the deliverer and saviour of his family and to the world just as Jesus on a larger scale became the Saviour of the world.

I like this point...thumbs up......good point
Re: Please I Need An Urgent Answer,.. by Sugardiva(f): 10:28am On Dec 28, 2012
The difference is joesph did not want to disobey God and betray his master's trust. I think he had strength of character and had his emotions more under control than Samson did. Another reason is that Joseph when faced with temptation ran away. But Samson stayed with temptation until it overcame it. The lesson here to me is to know ur weakness. When Faced with temptation run. Don't try to fight it or overcome it or outsmart it just run!
Re: Please I Need An Urgent Answer,.. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2012
[size=20pt]FREE WILL!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Please I Need An Urgent Answer,.. by tpia5: 5:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
joseph was god fearing.
Re: Please I Need An Urgent Answer,.. by OmoAlata(f): 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
conserved: @ chi--hmmmmm,but wasn't d holy spirit in Samson too??

The Holy spirit was but Samson chose to disobey God's law NOT to intermarry. It was clearly told the Israelites not to marry the Philistines and there he is, cavorting with one of them sad

(1) (Reply)

Chasing The Beast. / Any Names Associated With Atheists? / You Can Walk Out On Masturbation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.