Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam (14430 Views)

Dangote Truck Kills Couple In Lagos Last Night – PHOTOS / Dubai Fun Club Launches In 3 Countries. / Nigerian Couple Jailed For Manufacturing Passports In London! (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2012
coogar:

it seems you have not been to lagos in about 2 decades? texas ko, new orleans ni. so you have dstv dish in texas?
grin oh my bad. you are right in that i have not been in a while. i plan to spend a year in nigeria next year though. God willing
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by coogar: 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2012
obadiah777: grin oh my bad. you are right in that i have not been in a while. i plan to spend a year in nigeria next year though. God willing

you better come prepared then.....
it's the concrete streets down there - join a gun club now and learn how to shoot straight - hopefully, you would get a license to own a piece when you get to naija! you need a (trusted) local guide too.........it's no plain sailing but you would enjoy the madness!
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 01, 2012
coogar:

of course - 2hp split unit by samsung! that's some cold shyte! grin cheesy
whats that doing in a lavatory? Abi na to chill the dude after he don boil for the jacuzzi, lagos boys don dey step down these days oh!

Get a pony or two.

Get a tiger if it suites you.

Offer the rest as unanimous donations to the poor and needy, though they are still classified as unnecessary expenses they are normal

But to buy air con for toilet, ah! It mean say it don over 4 you.
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by coogar: 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2012
Silkmoth33: whats that doing in a lavatory? Abi na to chill the dude after he don boil for the jacuzzi, lagos boys don dey step down these days oh!

it's a standard requirement in most lagos homes - i am willing to bet the fraudsters bought the house like that... lagos is freaking hot and humid!

Get a pony or two.
Get a tiger if it suites you.

a pony? tiger? naija men are not that inclined? where would you ride a pony too?

Offer the rest as unanimous donations to the poor and needy, though they are still classified as unnecessary expenses they are normal

lmao!

But to buy air con for toilet, ah! It mean say it don over 4 you.

these days you would find a/cs in the kitchen and sometimes in the garage!
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 01, 2012
coogar:

you better come prepared then.....
it's the concrete streets down there - join a gun club now and learn how to shoot straight - hopefully, you would get a license to own a piece when you get to naija! you need a (trusted) local guide too.........it's no plain sailing but you would enjoy the madness!
it is not so bad. my sister and my brother relocated to nigeria from england about 5 years ago. they love it so much. now if they come to england, after 3 days they cant stand it. they start dreaming of returning to nigeria. this is only 3 days in a 2 week holiday and they are screaming to return to naija. it must be nice
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by coogar: 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2012
obadiah777: it is not so bad. my sister and my brother relocated to nigeria from england about 5 years ago. they love it so much. now if they come to england, after 3 days they cant stand it. they start dreaming of returning to nigeria. this is only 3 days in a 2 week holiday and they are screaming to return to naija. it must be nice

it's no plain sailing but you would enjoy the madness!
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 01, 2012
coogar:

it's no plain sailing but you would enjoy the madness!
i think its plain sailing. just depends on how you choose to live your life. if you live your life to impress others then it will be hard for you. if you are a staunch independent i reckon it will be the easiet experience you ever had.
1-shun car. buy a nice bicycle. yes bmw makes bicycles if you want to flex on your bicycle. no petrol, no mechanic repair, no pothole problems, no car usables etc etc

2- get a nice modest 3 bedroom bungalow

3-entertain yourself with books and an ipod with an ipod player. no TV. and play sports in your yard, maybe attach a basketball ring to the side of your house

4-Lots of romantic candles in case nepa strikes

OPARI. EXTREMELY LOW MAINTENANCE. PEOPLE WHO FIND IT HARD TO SURVIVE IN NIGERIA ARE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO LIVE UP TO THE JONESES.

Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by ichidodo: 3:32pm On Oct 01, 2012
#STRETCHIN MY MUSCLES, WARMIN UP.#
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by frond: 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2012
yoged:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2210157/Nigerian-couple-tried-claim-3-8m-eye-watering-benefits-scam-using-1-400-identities.html

...9ja ppl sha, always spoiling our name. Why are some people so greedy?

Other nationals do involve in all these kinds of thing too. How do you expect everybody to be law abiding. All other nationals commit crime as well. Calling dog bad names to hang it.
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by coogar: 3:49pm On Oct 01, 2012
obadiah777: i think its plain sailing. just depends on how you choose to live your life. if you live your life to impress others then it will be hard for you. if you are a staunch independent i reckon it will be the easiet experience you ever had.
1-shun car. buy a nice bicycle. yes bmw makes bicycles if you want to flex on your bicycle. no petrol, no mechanic repair, no pothole problems, no car usables, etc etc

you want to ride bmx bicycles on lagos roads?
let me have your address so i can send you a postcard when you become a permanent resident of the igbobi orthopaedic hospital with your legs hung in space!
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by ichidodo: 3:50pm On Oct 01, 2012
OUT OF RESPECT FOR MY COUNTRY, TODAY. I WILL REFRAIN FROM COMMENTIN ON THIS TREAD.
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2012
coogar:

you want to ride bmx bicycles on lagos roads?
let me have your address so i can send you a postcard when you become a permanent resident of the igbobi orthopaedic hospital with your legs hung in space!
you do know bicycle clubs are springing up all over nigeria ? these guys ride to cotonou every weekend as a group from nigeria. they dont seem to be in igbobi yet http://cycology.com.ng/about-us/executive-committee/
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by coogar: 4:05pm On Oct 01, 2012
obadiah777: you do know bicycle clubs are springing up all over nigeria ? these guys ride to cotonou every weekend as a group from nigeria. they dont seem to be in igbobi yet http://cycology.com.ng/about-us/executive-committee/

go to igbobi hospital - you may never find any reliable stats online cos the country is shyte @ keeping such records but a stroll to igbobi would educate you!
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2012
obadiah777: i think its plain sailing. just depends on how you choose to live your life. if you live your life to impress others then it will be hard for you. if you are a staunch independent i reckon it will be the easiet experience you ever had.
1-shun car. buy a nice bicycle. yes bmw makes bicycles if you want to flex on your bicycle. no petrol, no mechanic repair, no pothole problems, no car usables etc etc

2- get a nice modest 3 bedroom bungalow

3-entertain yourself with books and an ipod with an ipod player. no TV. and play sports in your yard, maybe attach a basketball ring to the side of your house

4-Lots of romantic candles in case nepa strikes

OPARI. EXTREMELY LOW MAINTENANCE. PEOPLE WHO FIND IT HARD TO SURVIVE IN NIGERIA ARE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO LIVE UP TO THE JONESES.

lol!
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2012
coogar:

go to igbobi hospital - you may never find any reliable stats online cos the country is shyte @ keeping such records but a stroll to igbobi would educate you!
did you click on that link ?
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by coogar: 4:19pm On Oct 01, 2012
obadiah777: did you click on that link ?

link is meaningless if you dunno the accident rate of cyclists in lagos!
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2012
coogar:

link is meaningless if you dunno the accident rate of cyclists in lagos!
cant be that bad. how do you know anyhow ? you live in england dont you ?
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by ouagadougou(m): 4:31pm On Oct 01, 2012
Nigerian inmates are the top dogs in UK prisons.
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by coogar: 4:51pm On Oct 01, 2012
obadiah777: cant be that bad. how do you know anyhow ? you live in england dont you ?

i know a lot about lagos than most lagosians!
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2012
coogar:

i know a lot about lagos than most lagosians!
THATS WHAT YOU THINK. WHEN LAST WERE YOU IN NIGERIA ?
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by crisycent: 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2012
This news is SO OLD!!!!! I wonder why it should be on NL.
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by justwise(m): 5:43pm On Oct 01, 2012
crisycent: This news is SO OLD!!!!! I wonder why it should be on NL.

Does it make the crime less important?
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by hackney(m): 9:07pm On Oct 01, 2012
Unfortunately, sometimes out here it looks like only crime pays.
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by Ilekokonit: 10:37pm On Oct 01, 2012
The pair spent the money on designer clothing and electrical items including a 50-inch plasma television.
Herein lies our problem as a nation. By and large we have managed to evolve into a materialistic society. Imagine the number of Nigerians who would have been "respecting" the greedy couple just because they had a 50-inch plasma TV on display in their living room even when it was clear to an extent that they were not honest people.
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by IFEDILIEZE(m): 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2012
getukudo: Let's stop all these blame game and tribal nonsense! The British and Americans address us as Nigerians. The crime was committed by Nigerians, let's stop this Yoruba people are these or that.
would u post dz if they were igbos.
Re: Nigerian Couple In £3.8m UK Benefits Scam by ba7man(m): 10:53pm On Oct 01, 2012
obadiah777: THATS WHAT YOU THINK. WHEN LAST WERE YOU IN NIGERIA ?
Its commercial bike riders (Okadas) that are well known for their recklessness that are commonly seen in Igbobi wards. Just make sure u ride in an estate b'cos we don't have bike lanes over here. Don't reveal your financial status to people, downplay your real value and you will b safe...also get a trusted person to roll with and show you how to get around. Cheers.

Travelling To China..make Enquiries Here!! / Naija In Slovenia / Bad Roads In Lagos: Residents, Motorists Groan